Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack (7803 Views)

Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany / Footballers Escape Bomb Blast At Arikime Primary School, Potiskum, Yobe / Boko Haram Detainee Mustapha Kolo Exposese Boko Haram & Gov Shettima. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by nduchucks: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
GEJ, GEJ,GEJ!!! London is burning o. Act now.

After a short lull in violent activities, Nigerian islamists group, Boko Haram,  resurfaced yesterday in Maiduguri tossing a bomb at the Joint Task Force in Kaleri, London  Chiki ward and starting a fire fight with the military men after the bomb exploded.

Early today the group also bombed a target near the College of Legal and Islamic studies in the downtown area.

Also the Governor of the state, Kashim Shettima, barely escaped a bomb attack as a 10 year old boy bearing a bomb approached his delegation where he had gone to pay a condolence visit in the AA Kotoko residential area.

Security agencies said they intercepted the 10 year old dispossesed him of the bomb and then defused it.   shocked shocked shocked

Meanwhile, residents said the military taskforce went berserk after the daring attack in the housing Estate at London Chiki ward. The security apparatus descended on civilians it had earlier warned to refrain from supporting the militants. Eyewitnesses said the military arbitrarily shot and killed innocent civilians in the area after the Islamic militants had fled.

A total ban on motorbikes in the city did not stop the militants from operating as they now use personal unmarked cars to carry  out their deadly operations.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-explodes-several-bombs-less-24-hours-military-task-force-defuse-bomb-carried-10
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by bash673(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2011
The security apparatus descended on civilians it had earlier warned to refrain from supporting the militants. Eyewitnesses said the military arbitrarily shot and killed innocent civilians in the area after the Islamic militants had fled.

Once again they prove who they are, so the residents have two things to fear now, BOKO HARAM and the GOVERNMENT.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
10 yrs old kid shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We are in deep trouble!!!
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2011
0lumide:

10 yrs old kid shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We are in deep trouble!!!

Deep trouble ke?! Personally, I'm elated that this happened, knowing the penchant of our leaders to act when directly affected, maybe this problem will finally be confronted once and for all.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
What is London doing there, can someone please explain?, look confusing to me
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by edoyad(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2011
why are people calling uncle Jona's name now, he didn't creat the fellowship of the bowl beggars. . .

Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by DrummaBoy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
@edoyad
But GEJ is d chief security officer of the nation
Borno needs a state of emergency
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Afam4eva(m): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2011
A state of emergency was imposed on Ekiti states some years back for reason that are not in anyway close to what is happening in Borno state. GEJ needs to act now before things get out of hand.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by edoyad(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2011
DrummaBoy:

@edoyad
But GEJ is d chief security officer of the nation
Borno needs a state of emergency
but the sponsoring them already let us know who they are. They're the same people keeping those 'disciples' on the streets. And abuja will not bother itself seriously because at the end of the day crude oil is being pumped with no disturbance.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
Army are killing innocent people in the name of Bokon Haram, they do enter any house and take away any teenage found inside and kill. Our army are brutals

they should be brought to justice otherwise they are going to worse the situation, according to BBC hausa reporter the army compell them to leav the area at

gun point denying them to do their work. According report by the residence army had killed more than 10 innocent persons and lebelled them as boko haram

members.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by asorocker: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
@ Abu Maryam , what really do you want soldiers to do when civilians like the stupid 10 year old gal are allowing themselves to be used by the Boko harams , a 10 year old gal is supposed to be in JS1 or primary 6 for God's sake yet she accepted to be used , if she was killed by soldiers we will be told how an innocent 10 year old gal was killed by soldiers.

Actually Borno people are doing them selves , borno has no major industry or factory , the sweet factory and golden penny flour mills aren't working and their fishing industry is declining , now they want to finally chase away investors by allowing vandals operate from their domain, notice how every attempt to plant bomb in kaduna was speedily detected.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by edoyad(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
seanet02:

Shut your stinking v*g*n*a you bloody female suicide bomber. She goat
grin i know, that thing irritates me too.
Personally i think the army are not pressing hard enough. See what they did in gbaramatu, aren't those helicopter gun ships functioning anymore ? They should borrow a leaf from the Israeli army and bring in tanks and bulldozers. Those rubbish shacks they run into after striking should all be brought down.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by naijaking1: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Army are killing innocent people in the name of Bokon Haram, they do enter any house and take away any teenage found inside and kill. Our army are brutals

they should be brought to justice otherwise they are going to worse the situation, according to BBC hausa reporter the army compell them to leav the area at

gun point denying them to do their work. According report by the residence army had killed more than 10 innocent persons and lebelled them as boko haram

members.

The army is not doing enough, I agree. 'Doing enough' will be levelling everything in the area, I mean everything: every BK memeber and their supporters like you, everything human being, animal, flies, and other breathing things in the area. Odi should be a child's play if the army does its job very well.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2011
If it's ok for the army to attack innocent civilians, then how are they different from Boko Haram??
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by nduchucks: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2011
Seun:

If it's ok for the army to attack innocent civilians, then how are they different from Boko Haram??

This is a key question. Killing of innocent civilians by any group, Boko Haram or the Army is an act of cowardice and a disgrace. I'm afraid JTF and the Army is ill-equipped to fight Boko Haram. The buck stops with the President who is the commander-in-chief. He needs to act very urgently and protect innocent and unarmed civilians from these senseless killings.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by edoyad(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
Seun:

'innocent civilians' here , if that's what they really are could be seen as collateral damage. It happens every where, just switch to CNN and you'll see the same happening in Afghanistan. Does that make the US army as bad as Alqaeda ?
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
As long as this madness is restrained to the North, i could care less! Madness!
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by passionate88: 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2011
10 year old suicide BOMBER!!!!!?. Nawa o, Borno don change to Kabul, Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by cold(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
While i'm not in support of the killing of civilians;how can you tell one from the other?This group is not like a conventional army with uniforms & badges.They blend well with 'civilians' thus making the job of security agents even harder
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Oscillation(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
If their kinsmen would like to protect and harbour them, they are as good as boko haram and are a threat to the nation, the army should continue vehemently until they plead to dissociate with the sect. Good riddance do more. wink cheesy grin
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by MMM2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2011
No be small thing.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by snowdrops(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2011
How can army differentiate innocent civilian from boko haram?
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Afam4eva(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2011
Boko haram can be differentiated. They're in black uniform. With black hat and you see them collecting N20 at different junctions.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by nnalove(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2011
Can sb really explain to me exactly wat GEF IS waiting 4. Cos i can no longer understand his continue quietness in dis matter. Or is he waiting for d bomb to explode in his own house and watch his wife and children got killed b4 he will act, my friends i'm am confused. Wy did i vote for dis man self. He is too dull to take action.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by NegroNtns(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
To those wondering the presence of the 10yr old, its a collateral suicide.

How many 10yr old do we know that is cognisant of the danger, except maybe in regions like Afgh, Paki, Iraq, where explosions are part of daily life?

The child had no clue a bomb is planted on him. The parents had no clue.
This is the work of some devil and cruel individual with no regard for the life of this innocent baby or that of the governor and those within proximity.

Please have sympathy for that 10yr old and his parents and not subject them to public mockery.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by executinal(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2011
Hmm 9ja una no dey carry last, Hon Governor shettima your juju just help you escape. But come to think of it, what is BOKO HARAM really up-to? can't Jona hear their voice and deliver federal republic of Boko Haram to the entire North. Well you guys can bomb the whole Northen states angry Naija will never become one simple. UNITED WE BOMB, DIVIDED WE PROGRESS.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by ak47mann(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2011
one nigeria my people grin grin
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
naijababe:

Deep trouble ke?! Personally, I'm elated that this happened, knowing the penchant of our leaders to act when directly affected, maybe this problem will finally be confronted once and for all.

Excellent thinking naijababe. You spoke my very thoughts.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by jenuel: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2011
Chief Obasanjo delt with ODI people in Bayelsa for less serious offence. Borno state esp. the affected areas need decisive military action period. The civilians who all this while  have refused to expose them may suffer the same faith. Enough of this nonsnse.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by Winnerslfc(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ho! We are in for another unnecessary propaganda.
"The military are killing INNOCENT civilians."
That may sound sympathetic but the boko haram we are talking about here, who are they? Military or civilians.
If civilians, now how the heck do you want security operatives to go about differentiating between boko haram and civilians haan?
Has boko haram ever told Nigerians that their uniform is this or that?
Even as we all are writing here, i can say that not all here are genuine. We may even have some boko haram members here who are also reading and commenting. So how do we as Nairalanders distinguish between the genuine ones here and otherwise.

Lets not forget that according to the news, the group had the temerity to engage the military in a gun fight. At such, how can the military know who is who? And what the heck were those 'civilians' doing at that point?

This issue is beyond the way some of us think it to be. Lets support the military by giving necessary information rather than making noise.
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by tnthommie(m): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
They can get more number of suicide bomber kids cos there are a lot of almajiris there dat can b used 4 such attacks,God help naija
Re: Multiple Bombing By Boko Haram, Gov. Shettima Escape Bomb Attack by honeric01(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2011
For those who said it's okay to level both the innocents and the guilty, if same thing happens where you are now and your brother is being killed, should we take your brother or sister as a collateral damage too?

What was the govt looking at before it got this worse?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught With 2,000 Voters Cards In Mimiko’s Ward / Ihekirija: Insecurity, Agitations Undermining Nigeria's Coporate Existence / Ekiti Assembly Fines Fayemi N1m For Shunning Summons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.