Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,641 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra (7841 Views)

PENGASSAN Shuts Down PPPRA Offices Over Appointment Issues (Photo) / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / India Prime Minister Invites Buhari To The 3 Rd India – Africa Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by 5columnist: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Deziani Alison-Madueke, has invited the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to review subsidy payments on the importation of petroleum products.

In a statement made available to State House Correspondents shortly after the meeting with the President, key ministers and governors, the minister said this is following the call by Nigerians demanding for accountability and transparency in the oil industry.

The invitation letter to EFCC which was addressed to the Acting Chairman, Mr Ibrahim Lamorde was dated 12 January 2012, received and stamped on the 13th January 2012.

"You will recall that the Federal Government of Nigeria has over the years run a subsidy regime in petroleum imports where the difference between the cost of importation and the pump price is paid for by the government of Nigeria to pre-approved oil marketing companies and importers. Over the years the bill has grown exponentially to unstainable levels.

As petroleum minister, I have become extremely concerned with these figures and following the recent transfer of the PPPRA to my ministry last year, I have moved quickly to change management and inaugurate a comprehensive reform process which include drastic cuts in the list of importers, review of payments and procedures, as well as massive re-deployment of staff within the agency" the letter to EFCC read in part.

According to the minister the EFCC is to review all payments made in respect of subsidies on PMS and kerosene and to take all necessary steps to prosecute any incidence of "malfeasance, fraud, over-invoicing, and related illegalities in an open and transparent manner".

She said as part of her transparency efforts she has set up a unit which will be headed by an independent auditor to review the KPMG and other audit reports of NNPC and other parastatals, and immediately begin implementation of their findings, ensuring, at all times, full probity and value for money.

According to her "I am en-paneling another audit in my office to begin a comprehensive review of management and controls within all parastatals in the Min. of Petroleum, including but not limited to NNPC, PPPRA and DPR.

Accordingly, I expect a report in 30 days to enable us take further action in reforming management, personnel, and
other practices and procedures in parastatals within the ministry. It should be noted however that this process has already begun in PPPRA and DPR where management changes and reform arre beginning to yield
desirable results".

She is expected to meet with the Senate president and the Speaker of the House in the coming week to seek their cooperation and leadership in the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill "so that we can anchor the comprehensive reform of the oil industry".
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by doctokwus: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
These agencies based on d report will b under her office.
For someone who is also accused to av benefitted immensely frm d deals,I wonder how independent these bodies under her wud b.This people are just not capable of doing anything transparently
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by CyberG: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2012
^ Thank you. . .you are spot on! How can Maduekwe, the forger, the most corrupt actor in all this bizarre scam and who FUNNELLED billions to Goatluck invite EFCC? To come and do what?
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
i dey laff oh. see confusion everywia kia  grin
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Ogetogeo(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
The pressure is working.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by 1025: 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
these are confused and idiotic criminals. but God pass them and we are here to take over.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by 5columnist: 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
The perception that the Minister is neck deep in corruption may not be accurate. It is well known fact that since the KPMG report, Oniwon and co has shielded the content from the view of the minister up till date. NNPC is a rot so it is OK if people think everybody interfacing with them is soiled as well.

Subsidy regime has been on for as long as we can recall. She is barely two years on the job. Cynicism cannot take Nigerians anywhere. We must give government a chance before judging those that has presented themselves to service to this country. I mean she could be part of the cabal but at least she has taken a path and stand with the Nigerian masses.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by edogirl2: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
nothing sincere about this woman, or this gov't. how about all the looters efcc has 'investigated' all these years, how many have been successfully prosecuted and convited. almost zero. this woman's hands are also allegedly dirty when it comes to corruption, so how can she be a credible champion of the fight against corruption. if the nigerian situation wasn't so sad, i'd call it a joke.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Xmind1: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
Does EFCC require an invitation to investigate such matters. Where have they been all this while? If they wait for invitation, they give the bad guys opportunity to arrange their records.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
5columnist:

The perception that the Minister is neck deep in corruption may not be accurate. It is well known fact that since the KPMG report, Oniwon and co has shielded the content from the view of the minister up till date. NNPC is a rot so it is OK if people think everybody interfacing with them is soiled as well.

Subsidy regime has been on for as long as we can recall. She is barely two years on the job. Cynicism cannot take Nigerians anywhere. We must give government a chance before judging those that has presented themselves to service to this country. I mean she could be part of the cabal but at least she has taken a path and stand with the Nigerian masses.

diamonds are forever  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by edogirl2: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
minister - can i have a copy of the kpmg reoport? no, minister, i will not allow you to see this very important report, says mr oniwon. erm,,,why? what do you mean i can't see it. i just won't let you see it, full stop, responds oniwon. ok then, concludes minister. what nonsense. how can you come on a public forum and suggest that oniwon may have denied the minster a copy of the report. how credible is that? people should have their thinking hats on before making ridiculous statements.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Gbawe: 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
oyb:

diamonds are forever  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

edo.girl:

minister - can i have a copy of the kpmg reoport? no, minister, i will not allow you to see this very important report, says mr oniwon. erm,,,why? what do you mean i can't see it. i just won't let you see it, full stop, responds oniwon. ok then, concludes minister. what nonsense. how can you come on a public forum and suggest that oniwon may have denied the minster a copy of the report. how credible is that? people should have their thinking hats on before making ridiculous statements.

Defending what cannot be defended is getting pretty common around here.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by edogirl2: 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
there's considerable body of evidence, albeit unproven, that leads me to believe the minister has an unhealthy lust for money, our money. she should be investigated, but we know that wont happen.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by victorazy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
EFCC still existing
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by jamace(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
There is fire on the mountain. GEJ House of Commotion. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by omosexy1: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
what about NNPC? Who are they fooling
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by BetaThings: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
5columnist:

Just give me the minister's email address, I will forward the report to her pronto

The report is already all over the place
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by 989900: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
Don't be fooled. EFCC is under the Attorney General and Ministry of Justice.

Now, both the Attorney General and the Minister of Justice are allegedly part of this whole scheme with billions of Naira and millions of dollars in their accounts. Though innocent until proven otherwise but, would I be wise to trust them? No.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by madprof(m): 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
Exactly how much power does this "invitation" carry? Is EFCC obligated to honour this invitation? The EFCC and relevant agencies should please carry out their constitutional responsibility of bringing all these crooks to justice.
Na today you sabi say corruption dey PPPRA.
Nonsense.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by dvee2: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
Learning point from this basically is that the Pressure is working. Ride on Nigerians. You have the fundamental right to ask legitimate questions on your leaders no matter whose axe is gorged.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Jay5000(m): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
She's absolutely certain that EFCC has been seriously compromised and that nothing will come out of the investigation, that's why she's inviting them to come and investigate. How many people have been prosecuted by EFCC in this regime?
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Remii(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
after all some people would say occupy nigeria no work, if there was no protest after fuel price increase all the "we go", "we go" go come out, mschewww, even if all na lie, at least dem know  say some people talk.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by OmoTier1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
5columnist:

Very stupid comment indeed! In a sane and civilized clime, the Minister would be asked to step aside or placed on suspension without pay while an independent body with judicial commission-like powers carry out the investigation within a month and publish their findings after which the National Chief prosecutor would review the report and proceed to prosecute those found wanting!

But like we know, for now, Nigeria is not a sane clime nor is it led by sane people!
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Nyntynplus: 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
This people are confuse,
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by stagger: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
Imagine the number one thief of them all asking EFCC to come and investigate PPPRA which is just a price setting body.

Is PPPRA the one giving out all the crude oil allocations to companies that surfaced overnight?
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Parnassuss(m): 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
omosexy1:

what about NNPC? Who are they fooling

Allow the Arrow to deceive herself na.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Toks2008(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
Another melodrama.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by whyx06(m): 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
I hope d new effc boss( Ibrahim Lamorde) should Help us look into d matter.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by rebranded(m): 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
This is part of the demands from Labour nothing more
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Tinyemeka(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
Was it the NNPC that mandated KPMG to perform that audit?

Thought it was the FG through the Fed Min of Finance. Just asking.
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Isrealbabs(m): 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
she should resign or be redeployed to other ministy how can she be an umpire in her own game. we are wise now. barawo ma
Re: Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
the real problem, is going by the precedents set by johnathan, the villain in this story is untouchable

this whole mess is directly as a result of the greed and incompetence of dieziani maduekwe, ,

she should be sacked and imprisoned but i can already hear the noises leave our daughter, it is our oil, complete with threatening phone calls from the new gej pitbull asari dokubo. then throwin some it is our oil, so it must be our daughter from wetincall briggs

just a bloody waste of time, that will leave an even nastier taste in the mouth than fat cecilia ibru's slap on the wrist

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World According To Americans / Supplementary Elections: IGP Deploys 5 DIGs, 3 AIGs, 15 CPs / Toll Gates Reintroduction: No Policy Statement Yet – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.