Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon (17328 Views)

Buhari To Sack Top Security Aides Over Threat To His Cabal - Sahara Reporters / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts / Court Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi's Aides Over Kano Emirate Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by dre11(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2022
Some senior officials of the ministry of justice have been quizzed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over suspicion of corruption in the compilation of presidential pardon list, TheCable understands.

President Muhammadu Buhari controversially pardoned Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame, two former governors currently serving jail terms for corruption, after getting the nod of the Council of State on April 15.

The council is made up of the president, vice-president, former heads of state, former chief justices, senate president, speaker, governors and the attorney-general of the federation (AGF).

Based on the recommendation of the presidential prerogative of mercy committee, Buhari submitted names of 162 persons to the council for advice.

All — except Francis Atuche, former managing director of Bank PHB, and two others — were approved.

There has been widespread criticism of the pardon and the full list of those pardoned is still being kept under wraps, although TheCable learnt that many convicted coup plotters made it.

Dariye and Nyame are yet to be released from prison weeks after the pardon, reportedly because of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

Sources at the ministry of justice informed TheCable that several aides of Abubakar Malami, the AGF, who were responsible for the processing of the list are currently being investigated by the anti-graft agency.

“Of particular surprise is the inclusion of Atuche on the list that was submitted to the Council of State,” an official of the ministry told TheCable.

“There are several names that raised suspicion and the EFCC had to be called in to investigate what went down.”

Atuche was, in June 2021, convicted of N25.7 billion fraud and sentenced to 12 years imprisonment to run concurrently for six years.

When the name was presented to the council, it was rejected, supposedly because he had just been convicted and was yet to serve one full year.

Dariye and Nyame were both jailed in 2018.

“Mrs Leticia Ayoola-Daniels, director of the administration of criminal justice and reforms department under the justice ministry, is also being quizzed by the EFCC,” the source said.

TheCable was informed that those invited have been subjected to lie detector tests “and many of them are failing”.

Some of those quizzed attributed their failure to pass the test to “high blood pressure”, TheCable learnt.

There is yet no scientific proof linking blood pressure to effectiveness of lie detector test.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-efcc-quizzes-malamis-aides-over-sale-of-presidential-pardon/amp

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by sholatech(m): 11:39am On May 03, 2022
Nigerians will always give us new tricks.. So 'High BP' is a good response for failing lie detector tests??

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Segunaja: 11:40am On May 03, 2022
This is not funny

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by NwaNimo1(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2022
Presidential Pardons also for sale?

[img]https:///media/4-14-2022/PQ1LrD.gif[/img]

A.nother

P.athetic

C.ircumstance

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by SwissMass: 11:45am On May 03, 2022
ok
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by LibertyRep: 11:45am On May 03, 2022
Sale of presidential pardon, that's another new low!

They most likely used Dariye and Nyame to divert attention while cleverly inserting names of other beneficiaries of the pardon auctioning

Is there any part of our national lives that these people haven't desecrated?

33 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by donpapa(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2022
Wahala

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by kingphilip(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2022
Grass cutting scandal, budget padding, sale of presidential pardon, and much more that went unnoticed.

This administration will go down in history as one of most fantastically corrupt administration in Nigeria.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by SadiqBabaSani: 12:30pm On May 03, 2022
Jokers
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by helinues: 12:33pm On May 03, 2022
See the legacy Malami is leaving before leaving office

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by davidupdate89: 1:01pm On May 03, 2022
Nigeria my country
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Femich18(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2022
Nothing these people can't do for money

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2022
Selling pardon again?

Na waa o.

Everything is for sale in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Judolisco(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2022
EFCC wan collect share... What a country grin
Na God knw how much dem see the pardon form... Ego pass 100m presidential form e sure me die

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Anitatunde(f): 1:02pm On May 03, 2022
How BVN can be used to steal money from your bank accounts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFJcndxUln0
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by RaptObserver: 1:02pm On May 03, 2022
Wahala no dey finish for this APC government. But I hope Mallami will resign before EFCC starts else. I think EFCC should deploy their lie detector for presidential primaries to test those lying during campaigns.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:02pm On May 03, 2022
Dariye and Nyame are yet to be released from prison weeks after the pardon, reportedly because of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

Sources at the ministry of justice informed TheCable that several aides of Abubakar Malami, the AGF, who were responsible for the processing of the list are currently being investigated by the anti-graft agency

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2022
Omor
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by fernandoc(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2022
Buhari is the world biggest hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by redcliff: 1:03pm On May 03, 2022
sholatech:
Nigerians will always give us new tricks.. So 'High BP' is a good response for failing lie detector tests??

it can be if you know how lie detectors work with the body
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Yankee101: 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
Get a lawyer
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by redcliff: 1:04pm On May 03, 2022
Olabisiimuyiiwa:
please am in need of a help for the sake of God, i am suffering here a lots with my baby since i lost my husband and jobs with no helping hand please even if it's job try to help me and I don't pray for anyone of you reading and seeing this to find yourself in an situations of be facing a problems and issue that will be very hard and difficult for you to overcome it in your life amen please even if it's for us to eat this my acc Gtbank 06 84 78 48 40 Oluwatosin Muyiwa Olabisi

with new account? you got to be kidding us...

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Investorozay: 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
at the end hause will be spoken
the meeting will end with dollars tucked into red efcc jackets
NEXT
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by Raxxye(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
It is from mid 2023 that we would all begin to realize the extent of corruption of the Buhari administration. But I can tell you that is unprecedented.
Don't worry, time will tell; the passage of time will bring it all to light!
Re: EFCC Quizzes Malami’s Aides Over ‘sale’ Of Presidential Pardon by unclejb2(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2022
I sincerely wish APC would loose this election, so that Buhari and co would go to jail

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Boko Haram Victim In Search Of His Wife And Seven Children / I Didn’t Reconcile With Fayose- Aluko / Corruption: Buhari Has Letters Implicating Jonathan - PMB Biographer, John Paden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.