Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? (19760 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / What Is The Difference Between Igbo And Edo(esan) Men?? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
Fulaman198:

It is not that Hausa can not speak English, it is that Hausa believe in their own tradition and keeping to their culture more rather than adopting a Westernized culture like Igbos do.

Its unfortunate that my opinion of Fulani people is based solely on the internet, the few I've seen (including you) do more,for lack of a better word, to make folks dislike Fulani people. I have no idea why you have to pull out Igbo people in some bizarre measuring stick every time, when the fact of the matter is that your people heavily favor Middle Eastern culture more so than Igbo people favor Western culture no one who is honest will deny that even if an Igbo has a English name tacked on and Igbo name still exist while the only Muslim group I've seen that converts Arabic names into a local flavor are Yoruba.

To think that your group is so few in number online but the ones I meet often leave a bad taste in my mouth and they are the so called "worldly" ones. I only know of one Hausa/Fulani/etc person that seems more well rounded in approach and not lock step in thought.

Anyway my two cents.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
Zeruchi :

Its unfortunate that my opinion of Fulani people is based solely on the internet, the few I've seen (including you) do more,for lack of a better word, to make folks dislike Fulani people. I have no idea why you have to pull out Igbo people in some bizarre measuring stick every time, when the fact of the matter is that your people heavily favor Middle Eastern culture more so than Igbo people favor Western culture no one who is honest will deny that even if an Igbo has a English name tacked on and Igbo name still exist while the only Muslim group I've seen that converts Arabic names into a local flavor are Yoruba.

To think that your group is so few in number online but the ones I meet often leave a bad taste in my mouth and they are the so called "worldly" ones. I only know of one Hausa/Fulani/etc person that seems more well rounded in approach and not lock step in thought.

Anyway my two cents.

Fulani people do not favour Middle Eastern culture, you are well mis-informed. Fulani people are being mistreated by Arabs in Mauritania and Sudan so why should we favour them? In fact, many Fulani in Senegal and Mauritania are fighting for their rights on a consistent basis against Arabs. If by Middle Eastern you mean "Arab", then the only thing we have in common with them is religion.

For your information, your Christianity is a "Middle Eastern" religion too. So don't give me that rubbish. You don't see Fulani people speaking English with pride or French with pride. We prefer to speak African languages, whether it is our own or that of neighbouring peoples. We are not wannabe Europeans like some Igbos want to be. Where when they get together they only speak 75% English and 25% Igbo.

There is nothing Middle Eastern about Fulani culture.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 2:43am On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Fulani people do not favour Middle Eastern culture, you are well mis-informed. Fulani people are being mistreated by Arabs in Mauritania and Sudan so why should we favour them? In fact, many Fulani in Senegal and Mauritania are fighting for their rights on a consistent basis against Arabs. If by Middle Eastern you mean "Arab", then the only thing we have in common with them is religion.

For your information, your Christianity is a "Middle Eastern" religion too. So don't give me that rubbish. You don't see Fulani people speaking English with pride or French with pride. We prefer to speak African languages, whether it is our own or that of neighbouring peoples. We are not wannabe Europeans like some Igbos want to be. Where when they get together they only speak 75% English and 25% Igbo.

There is nothing Middle Eastern about Fulani culture.

The problem with that analogy is that Nigerians face prejudice in the West so does that negate the fact that they do have some commonality with Westerners?
Yes I'm quite aware of Christianity's origins as well as the fact that Islam is the youngest of th Abrahamaic faiths, but for all purposes Christianity is no longer seen as being rooted solely in the ME like Judaism or Islam.

You also don't see a large amount of Fulani receiving education either so I don't see how you expect them to be fluent in it. Fulanis in other WA countries are fluent in their Native toungue as well as French so I don't see what pride has to do with being fluent in your country's official language in addition to your own. What utter bull don't blame lack of education as pride, Igbo people outnumber Fulani in school 3-to-1 so part of that means a degree of English literacy. Lol this coming from the folks who have Arab names full stop, there was a thread for Hausa- Fulani names and most people were stumped because in most cases the people they came in contact with were Arab names. I reiterate that other groups that are Muslim have no problem converting local equivalents of Islamic names even the Igbo you so deride do the same with Christian names or meanings having an Igbo equivalent.

Name one thing about your culture that isn't tied to Islam in some form? Do you still practice pre-Islamic traditions? Tell me one ceremonial completely seperate from Islam practiced today.
Even Senegalese Muslim retain a degree of pre-Islamic culture.

What is god called by the Fulani? I ask because you seem to have a special hard on for Igbo people and in effect display your ignorance about Igbo people, but seem to bristle at the fact people call Fulani culture like they see it?

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 3:01am On Jun 26, 2012
Anyway I'm not interested in your response I just wanted to put you on notice that your major case of shade is not going unnoticed smiley wink
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

Anyway my two cents.

I said something along the lines of this when (several threads past) he called Igbos a disgrace for being (roughly quoted) "More western than African."

I found that whole scenario really funny considering that the average Nigerian (in my experience) will probably know more about indigenous non-westernized Igbo culture than they will indigenous, Non-arabized Hausa-Fulani Culture. You have someone from Northern Nigeria, with its sharia laws, devout attachment to Islam, middle-eastern/North African inspired mode of dressing and names calling the kettle black. Really?

How many assimilated/middle-class Fulanis wear their traditional, non-arab related, indigenous clothing anyway? How many Nigerian Fulani actually speak Fulfude (if we want to take it there). Don't you all typically speak Hausa more and go by Hausa-Fulani to gain political clout? Incidentally he came in defense of the Hausa language (as if he was Hausa himself) and started with his snide remarks at Igbos.

He'll most likely not take the above well, but sometimes one has to get what he/she dishes so that the lesson of mutual civility is learned and appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 26, 2012
All of these people having something to say about Igbos. Na real wa.

Honestly more and more of these "African-centered" folks are beginning to rub me the wrong way
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

The problem with that analogy is that Nigerians face prejudice in the West so does that negate the fact that they do have some commonality with Westerners?
Yes I'm quite aware of Christianity's origins as well as the fact that Islam is the youngest of th Abrahamaic faiths, but for all purposes Christianity is no longer seen as being rooted solely in the ME like Judaism or Islam.

You also don't see a large amount of Fulani receiving education either so I don't see how you expect them to be fluent in it. Fulanis in other WA countries are fluent in their Native toungue as well as French so I don't see what pride has to do with being fluent in your country's official language in addition to your own. What utter bull don't blame lack of education as pride, Igbo people outnumber Fulani in school 3-to-1 so part of that means a degree of English literacy. Lol this coming from the folks who have Arab names full stop, there was a thread for Hausa- Fulani names and most people were stumped because in most cases the people they came in contact with were Arab names. I reiterate that other groups that are Muslim have no problem converting local equivalents of Islamic names even the Igbo you so deride do the same with Christian names or meanings having an Igbo equivalent.

Name one thing about your culture that isn't tied to Islam in some form? Do you still practice pre-Islamic traditions? Tell me one ceremonial completely seperate from Islam practiced today.
Even Senegalese Muslim retain a degree of pre-Islamic culture.

What is god called by the Fulani? I ask because you seem to have a special hard on for Igbo people and in effect display your ignorance about Igbo people, but seem to bristle at the fact people call Fulani culture like they see it?

So Gelajo is an Arab name?

Danedjo/Danejo is an Arab name?

Jabbo is an arab name?

Manga is an Arab name?

God is "Geno" in Fulani language

These are all strong Fulani names. Most Fulani (especially those who live outside of Nigeria) have Fulani names.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2012
Fulani (Fulfulde) is a Senegambian language, it has nothing to do with Arabic or Hausa
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 9:35am On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

I said something along the lines of this when (several threads past) he called Igbos a disgrace for being (roughly quoted) "More western than African."

I found that whole scenario really funny considering that the average Nigerian (in my experience) will probably know more about indigenous non-westernized Igbo culture than they will indigenous, Non-arabized Hausa-Fulani Culture. You have someone from Northern Nigeria, with its sharia laws, devout attachment to Islam, middle-eastern/North African inspired mode of dressing and names calling the kettle black. Really?

How many assimilated/middle-class Fulanis wear their traditional, non-arab related, indigenous clothing anyway? How many Nigerian Fulani actually speak Fulfude (if we want to take it there). Don't you all typically speak Hausa more and go by Hausa-Fulani to gain political clout? Incidentally he came in defense of the Hausa language (as if he was Hausa himself) and started with his snide remarks at Igbos.

He'll most likely not take the above well, but sometimes one has to get what he/she dishes so that the lesson of mutual civility is learned and appreciated.

The Nigerian Fulani who don't speak Fulfulde are not Fulani

part of the ethics of Fulani (Pulaagu) means you speak the language. They are just Hausa, and not Fulani.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2012
I have nothing against Igbo people, but if they are so traditional post RECENT songs of them not trying to be or act Westernized, I can post at least 20 Fulani music videos that are very traditional and are recent. We did not let Westerners or Arabs affect our original way of life.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by kengis: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

Well said ,my dear !
those fulanis are too funny with their charia
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

So Gelajo is an Arab name?

Danedjo/Danejo is an Arab name?

Jabbo is an arab name?

Manga is an Arab name?

God is "Geno" in Fulani language

These are all strong Fulani names. Most Fulani (especially those who live outside of Nigeria) have Fulani names.
To God who made me, I've never come across these names before.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198: I have nothing against Igbo people, but if they are so traditional post RECENT songs of them not trying to be or act Westernized, us can post at least 20 Fulani music videos that are very traditional and are recent. We did not let Westerners or Arabs affect our original way of life.

So you go by your judgement of Igbos by a few "recent" songs as you call it? You know absolutely nothing about Igbo culture and song because even to date traditional songs of different kinds are being churned out by local artists. A simple search on youtube will yield a lot of Igbo traditional songs and dance. We don't need to prove jacksh*t to anyone. Many threads have shown different kinds of recent traditional songs here but of course you are never present because participating in something positive about Igbos seems to be problem with many on this board. You watch a few pop videos (also made by other Nigerian groups who are incidentally unscathed by criticism, btw) and come to your own conclusions on Igbos. LMAO. Even the biggest western influenced Igbo pop artists such as Flavour Nabania and Bracket still retain heavy doses of Igbo language in their songs, like any other Nigerian group who makes songs of that genre.

The so-called Northern songs that I have watched (especially those Kannywood ones) have Middle-East/Bollywood written all over them but you don't see people jumping the gun to start saying rubbish.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
That's what I have been trying to tell him lol. I don't know if he once was maltreated by an Igbo person but I always find it funny that the few Fulani/Northern people seem to have great insight on Igbo culture more so that Igbo people. Even when every group is bad mouthing them they are quick to single out Igbo people and direct the bulk of their scorn towards them, which ironically are the group of people more willing than most to learn any and every language in Nigeria without feeling any language is beneath them. I would bet their are more Igbo Fulfide speakers than Fulani Igbo speakers because Igbo people will learn whatever to do business and relate with the people that cohabitate with them.

I will not say that Igbo people have not taking things from Western culture but they are no more Westernized than their Southern neighbors.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

The Nigerian Fulani who don't speak Fulfulde are not Fulani

part of the ethics of Fulani (Pulaagu) means you speak the language. They are just Hausa, and not Fulani.

I have two fulani acquaintances (girls) who can only speak Hausa. Are they freaks of nature? Honestly most muslim Northerners speak hausa and have a mid-east orientation. And their names are all muslim.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :
That's what I have been trying to tell him lol. I don't know if he once was maltreated by an Igbo person but I always find it funny that the few Fulani/Northern people seem to have great insight on Igbo culture more so that Igbo people. Even when every group is bad mouthing them they are quick to single out Igbo people and direct the bulk of their scorn towards them, which ironically are the group of people more willing than most to learn any and every language in Nigeria without feeling any language is beneath them. I would bet their are more Igbo Fulfide speakers than Fulani Igbo speakers because Igbo people will learn whatever to do business and relate with the people that cohabitate with them.

I will not say that Igbo people have not taking things from Western culture but they are no more Westernized than their Southern neighbors.

Honestly it is f**king irritating (forgive my french). Igbo people this, igbo people that. Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Ibo. Ibo, Igbo, IGBO, IGBO, IGBO! Damn people should just give it a break and get off our nuts lol. What is it about igbo people and their culture that makes them uniquely "ashamed" ESPECIALLY when we start comparing them to other Nigerian groups? What exactly? NOTHING!

Igbo people, igbo people, igbo people! Igbos always on their mind 24/7.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
^^^^It's funny how you're so quick to play the blame game when it comes to your tribe..

The biggest stalkers on NL are Igbo posters - and that's a FACT!! I can name 10 Igbo posters who just come on NL to troll every thread that has nothing to do with them with bigoted posts...

Maybe, if igbo people can learn to mind their business, stop stalking other people, and stop moaning about other tribes and their 'alleged' betrayal of the igbo - most people won't give a fvck about Igbo... Don't you think if other people care about Igbo that much - the migration pattern in Nigeria, would be to the East, and not the other way round?? undecided

Interesting thread, and kudos to the Fulani guy for standing his ground... Don't let them bully you into submission - you're the lone Fulani voice on the NL..

I still don't know why everyone in Nigeria can agree to disagree - there's no superior tribe in Nigeria... All the tribes are equal according to the Nigerian constitution!!

I'm Igbo, I'm Fulani, I'm Hausa, I'm Yoruba, I'm Isoko blah blah blah... Who cares?? You're all locked in a cesspit, that has a very bleak future...

Why can't you sort your future first, before trying to find out who's superior Funny people!! undecided
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^It's funny how you're so quick to play the blame game when it comes to your tribe..

The biggest stalkers on NL are igbo people - and that's a FACT!!

Maybe, if igbo people can learn to mind their business, stop stalking other people, and stop moaning about other tribes and their 'alleged' betrayal of the igbo - most people won't give a fvck about Igbo... Don't you think if other people care about Igbo that much - the migration pattern in Nigeria, would be to the East, and not the other way round?? undecided

Interesting thread, and kudos to the Fulani guy for standing his ground... Don't let them bully you into submission - you're the lone Fulani voice on the NL..

Comming from the off again on again Tribalist grin

You are just made that the boys in the Politics section called you out on you bull lipsrsealed
So when you mention you love Igbo women in every other thread that doesn't come off a bit stalker-ish?
Well if people can remember than the internet and the real world are two different places they would be better for it wink

Too bad Nigerians don't care about Nigeria too much because many are everywhere but Nigeria kiss But that is neither here nor there grin

To be honest he didn't stand his ground because he gave me one paltry list of names and side stepped my question on cultural events completely cheesy
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

You are just made that the boys in the Politics section called you out on you bull lipsrsealed
So when you mention you love Igbo women in every other thread that doesn't come off a bit stalker-ish?
Well if people can remember than the internet and the real world are two different places they would be better for it wink

Too bad Nigerians don't care about Nigeria too much because many are everywhere but Nigeria kiss But that is neither here nor there grin

To be honest he didn't stand his ground because he gave me one paltry list of names and side stepped my question on cultural events completely cheesy

I could care less if you call me a tribalist, or not... But tell your fellow Igbo guys to stop stalking me, and I would go about my business without being confrontational...

How is saying you admire a particular group of people on a thread about them stalker-ish?? You're not even making sense at all.. undecided

Preach your gospel to odenigro aroli, logic mind, andre uweh, acm10, noiseless, and the other pseudo-igbo SNs - and maybe then, most posters won't worry about Igbos...
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex:

I could care less if you call me a tribalist, or not... But tell your fellow Igbo guys to stop stalking me, and I would go about my business without being confrontational...

How is saying you admire a particular group of people on a thread about them stalker-ish?? You're not even making sense at all.. undecided

Preach your gospel to odenigro aroli, logic mind, andre uweh, acm10, noiseless, and the other pseudo-igbo SNs - and maybe then, most posters won't worry about Igbos...
The problem I have with some of you is that you always pretend that this tribal BS is one-sideed which you know is very far from the truth. I will not deny that their are Igbo tribalists on nairaland just as there are Yoruba tribalists. But you alwayts want to focus on one side of the coins and you call yourself a one-nigerian. Always speak the truth irrespective of which tribe is been molested and continue with your unity gospel. That's if you're really sincere about it.

Afam bu Afam
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

I might have sounded harsh to fula but sometimes these crass generalizations need to be put in check. When all issues from all sides are hashed out then it is easy to see how everyone is with fault. No one is perfect.

As for the person you just quoted (everyone knows that he also goes by the aliases bittyend and brixtonyute) - one need not tell you that his issues are beyond the typical tribal neurosis (I honestly don't think he is Nigerian, but that is another story). He's weird and off, to be honest. So this will be the last time I will be referring to him in any way, shape or form. If I were you, I wouldn't engage or entertain him because he will always trail you like a snake.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva:
The problem I have with some of you is that you always pretend that this tribal BS is one-sideed which you know is very far from the truth. I will not deny that their are Igbo tribalists on nairaland just as there are Yoruba tribalists. But you alwayts want to focus on one side of the coins and you call yourself a one-nigerian. Always speak the truth irrespective of which tribe is been molested and continue with your unity gospel. That's if you're really sincere about it.

Afam bu Afam

I know it isn't one-sided, but don't you think tribalists should go after tribalists, and leave people who have nothing to do with tribalism alone?? When you leave your target alone, and start going after people who are neutral - you end up creating more enemies..

I've been a victim of bigoted slander from the first week I registered on this forum, after telling another poster my ancestry is Lagos (You can check my post history to confirm that)..
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
This girl is very funny!! grin

I'm bittyend, brixtonyute, and now I'm not even Nigerian - and I also trail people like a snake.. Bwahahaha

Only on NL! - I sure do give some crazy people sleepless nights... shocked grin

Very funny people, no wonder the country is so messed up.. undecided
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by kengis: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
many igbo haters spoil this thread !yeah I know igbos are open minded ,caring ,hard working ,industrious people wink
That's why "stalkers" love us lol (I didn't name any tribe)
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex:

Well I'm glad you take your title in stride cheesy I'm not a parent and you are a big boy so tell whoever is stalking you to stop kiss
You do it nearly in every thread, its a bit creepy, but I'm sure you think its endearing kiss

I'm not a preacher either, but you fance yourself as one with your spaming of quotes and claims of being de-tribalised and then 10 minutes later say tribalistic things but you do you dear smiley
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva:
To God who made me, I've never come across these names before.

Then you haven't been to real Fulani land then
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

I have two fulani acquaintances (girls) who can only speak Hausa. Are they freaks of nature? Honestly most muslim Northerners speak hausa and have a mid-east orientation. And their names are all muslim.

No, it has nothing to do with freaks of nature, they are just not Fulani, the fundamentals of Pulaagu say one must know the language to be called a Fulani. If you told a Non-Nigerian Fulani that you have two Fulani acquaintances who don't speak Fulfulde they would say they are not Fulani.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
nnenna.1:

So you go by your judgement of Igbos by a few "recent" songs as you call it? You know absolutely nothing about Igbo culture and song because even to date traditional songs of different kinds are being churned out by local artists. A simple search on youtube will yield a lot of Igbo traditional songs and dance. We don't need to prove jacksh*t to anyone. Many threads have shown different kinds of recent traditional songs here but of course you are never present because participating in something positive about Igbos seems to be problem with many on this board. You watch a few pop videos (also made by other Nigerian groups who are incidentally unscathed by criticism, btw) and come to your own conclusions on Igbos. LMAO. Even the biggest western influenced Igbo pop artists such as Flavour Nabania and Bracket still retain heavy doses of Igbo language in their songs, like any other Nigerian group who makes songs of that genre.

The so-called Northern songs that I have watched (especially those Kannywood ones) have Middle-East/Bollywood written all over them but you don't see people jumping the gun to start saying rubbish.

You are a hypocrite Northern and Fulani are not the same thing at all
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva:

Afam bu Afam

Very true, I will never say that there are not Igbo tribalists that go out of their way to start trouble and you have every right to fight fire with fire, but for those who claim to be "above the fray" ignore the idiots from all sides and show folks that there are Nigerians who do not believe in stereotypes and deal with each people of all backgrounds as objectively as they can.
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198:

Then you haven't been to real Fulani land then
How come none of the popular fulani politicians bear those names?
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Fulaman198(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
Zeruchi :

That is rubbish, it is well known that Fulani have assimilated to others cultures better than most Ethnic groups in West Africa.

Look at Fulani who "conquered" Hausa, what language are they speaking? They are speaking the language of the conquered.

I can say how are you in Igbo (Kedu? Kekime?) can you say how are you in Fulfulde?

What about the Fulani who are in Yoruba land of Illorin? Are they still speaking Fulfulde, so don't give me such rubbish sir
Re: Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? by Zeruchi: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fulaman198 we are talking about the Fulani of Nigeria only cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Oro Carnival / The Strange Custom Of Celebrating "Traditional" Marriages Abroad / 2017 African Drums Festival In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Live Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.