Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday (36362 Views)

Photos Of President Tinubu And Akinwunmi Ambode At The Aso Rock Villa / Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by mrksquare: 3:47am On May 04, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPBJ2l2E1U

https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1521523173510066176?t=sGmAfYTDFwbHDNz-HncCNg&s=19

He is coming to fail miserably. Ambode should go and relax and thank God for using Tinubu to make a career civil servant like him to become a governor of Lagos state. He should stop being ungrateful.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Nobody: 5:20am On May 04, 2022
BennyDGreat:

He couldn't have passed much strong message beyond the media ...the real controllers of the structure work without media hype.

For anyone to really pass a strong message in Lagos, you must be a hardcore grassroot politican with solid local structure to push your agenda from down-up

Like the late Funsho Williams that was silenced by "you know who"!
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by QTCL(m): 5:58am On May 04, 2022
That was what i was expecting him to do and at that point in time alot of people had pity on him with the way he was been treated....he would have given them a tough run with pdp...

He can't win anything now. He should have summoned this courage and face his fear in 2019, challenge the APC from PDP, while he was still a governor[/quote]
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Johncuppa(m): 6:20am On May 04, 2022
Sheuns:
Ambode could have caused a bit of shake up had he decamped to another party in 2019 and tested his popularity, even if he had lost, he would have made a mark and passed a strong message, under APC in Lagos he can’t win anything as it stands.

Sometimes our lives may depend on one crazy move.
The last sentence, seriously.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by TheWolfen(m): 6:28am On May 04, 2022
sirjoggy:
I think Lagos Central Senatorial seat
Lol. What a joke
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Atom007(m): 6:30am On May 04, 2022
abobote:
He can't win anything now. He should have summoned this courage and face his fear in 2019, challenge the APC from PDP, while he was still a governor

He has skeleton in cupboard, if he decamped, EFCC will surely come after him and collect all that he had. The fear of EFCC is d beginning of wisdom.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Sheuns(m): 7:25am On May 04, 2022
Heavensent01:

you Teletubbies people are naive, he would have lost the election and get impeached by the state lawmakers, so what did he gain?

the best he did was playing the gentle man card, he had made name for himself and age is still there for him on further political ambition

I never expected him to win, he could have also resigned as governor and contested under another party. In life we should learn to take risks. What’s the point of the name he made for himself?

It was the party that wanted him out not the people he governed.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Sheuns(m): 7:28am On May 04, 2022
BennyDGreat:

He couldn't have passed much strong message beyond the media ...the real controllers of the structure work without media hype.

For anyone to really pass a strong message in Lagos, you must be a hardcore grassroot politican with solid local structure to push your agenda from down-up

APC will be unseated in Lagos at some point, just that no one knows the time yet. No dynasty lasts forever.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by sameks08(m): 7:28am On May 04, 2022
Them go scam this one again
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Heavensent01(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2022
Sheuns:

I never expected him to win, he could have also resigned as governor and contested under another party. In life we should learn to take risks. What’s the point of the name he made for himself?

It was the party that wanted him out not the people he governed.

you're uninformed, Jimi Agbaje had political structure than him yet he's coming second, what magic did Ambode that dont have will do different?
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Sheuns(m): 7:52am On May 04, 2022
Heavensent01:

you're uninformed, Jimi Agbaje had political structure than him yet he's coming second, what magic did Ambode that dont have will do different?

You guys always scream political structure, what structure did Obaseki have when he decamped to PDP and floored APC, Oshiomole, Izeyamu and Asiwaju in Edo? You people seem to always forget that the people are the ones who decide who and who doesn’t win. Structure can be talked about within party, but when it comes to general elections where everyone votes, the people are the main deciders.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by colossus91(m): 8:11am On May 04, 2022
This would be really nice

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by bdrefessy: 8:22am On May 04, 2022
better for him

abeg register your company limited or enterprises
dm me
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Nobody: 8:56am On May 04, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPBJ2l2E1U

https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1521523173510066176?t=sGmAfYTDFwbHDNz-HncCNg&s=19
If Ambode is truly serious about wresting power from tinubu in lagos he should immediately move to the PDP. It is predictably impossible for him to get the APC ticket unless he is just playing games and probably looking for a political appointment in lagos under sanwo olu.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by PeaceNexus(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2022
Your opinion is valid to some extent, however, that was never the best choice for Ambode as you will soon find out.

This his last attempt might just be he his final attempt except if God be for him.

Saying that Tinubu "worked" to be Lagos Godfather is quite off for me.

It's like passing a bridge constructed by someone else, and at the end of the bridge you stay put, deciding who crosses it or not.

To me that is un-democratic and reeds of greed.

He actually pocketed Lagos my brother
Murphyenemuwe:
You can't compare Obasekis case to that of Ambode. There's a huge difference. Ambode couldn't have done anything. I believe he made the best decision for himself. In life you don't fight every battle. And for Tinubu pocketing Lagos I am against your choice of words. He has the influence and he worked for it.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Quiny32323: 9:04am On May 04, 2022
ChoCho54:
The hawks would have impeached him immediately.

You got it.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by MartinsD12(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
Bros how u go compare Edo to Lagos. APC structure in Lagos is crazy compared to Edo. He weighed his options and took the best decision for himself. APC in Lagos is the strongest in the whole of Nigeria. It's like a cult. The moment u kick against the party structure, u enter into political oblivion.
It's ambode not into political oblivion now?
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Murphyenemuwe: 10:05am On May 04, 2022
Bro there are some rules in Life that seems not right in our judgement but that's just the way life is being designed. For every sphere, there must be a rallying point. U called it Godfather. He owns the structure. Medicine, business, sports, name it there are Godfathers.
PeaceNexus:
Your opinion is valid to some extent, however, that was never the best choice for Ambode as you will soon find out.

This his last attempt might just be he his final attempt except if God be for him.

Saying that Tinubu "worked" to be Lagos Godfather is quite off for me.

It's like passing a bridge constructed by someone else, and at the end of the bridge you stay put, deciding who crosses it or not.

To me that is un-democratic and reeds of greed.

He actually pocketed Lagos my brother
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by lagosrd: 10:42am On May 04, 2022
You need to school that yellow guy. He is smart agreed but someone needs to educate him on the use of vocabulary. Could you imagine calling a support group a mole? I won't take that . He tends to be swayed away by the rhetorics of band wagonism.

Pls tell him also that Lagos doesn't belong to GAC and Tinubu. The GAC is unconstitutional and illegal in all it's ramifications. People should approach the court to nullify such group of disturbances delibrately created to disturb the incumbent governor . They are bunch of resources sucking delibrate loopholes created outside the law of both APC as a party and the Nigerian constitution.

Ambode reserves all rights to contest, campaign and be voted for. This is democracy and he should be allowed to exercise his constitutional role.

Which one is witchhunt and moles. I have stated suspecting that he works foe tinubu aspiration cos a journalist is not supposed to be biased .
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by lagosrd: 10:43am On May 04, 2022
makavell7:
If Ambode is truly serious about wresting power from tinubu in lagos he should immediately move to the PDP. It is predictably impossible for him to get the APC ticket unless he is just playing games and probably looking for a political appointment in lagos under sanwo olu.

No it's called spoiling the show from within. By the time they lose EPE , Alimosho and many more strong holds, we will see where they will bring votes from
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by oaugraduate1234(m): 10:47am On May 04, 2022
MartinsD12:

grin ok ambode messed up big time, look at what your mate in Edo state did, I mean you had all the power to reduce tinubu to nothing, ambode is not politically smart , even it was obvious tinubu rejected him he could have decamp to PDP then use apc governor's work for him to win Lagos state just like obaseki did but he chickened out like a chicken while he can still make a comeback now that tinubu is about to the destroyed politically join PDP

Stop saying what you don't know, I'm very sure you are not a resident of Lagos likewise you don't understand how politics work here.

1. Ambode did not have the strong team to support him just as they did to Obaseki.

Or do you think Obaseki singlehandedly left APC and joined PDP?

2. Another thing here is that, Ambode joining PDP poses a threat to his tenure even his life.

Because he was almost impeached and he was threatened by Lagos House of Assembly that he shall rot in jail if he decamps.

His case is like Osibanjo that is in the midst of cabals who can expose him if he trys anything funny.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by MartinsD12(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2022
oaugraduate1234:

Stop saying what you don't know, I'm very sure you are not a resident of Lagos likewise you don't understand how politics work here.

1. Ambode did not have the strong team to support him just as they did to Obaseki.

Or do you think Obaseki singlehandedly left APC and joined PDP?

2. Another thing here is that, Ambode joining PDP poses a threat to his tenure even his life.

Because he was almost impeached and he was threatened by Lagos House of Assembly that he shall rot in jail if he decamps.

His case is like Osibanjo that is in the midst of cabals who can expose him if he trys anything funny.
All invalid, politics it's another form of war you have to give a fight to turn things around, ambode chickened out .
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by oaugraduate1234(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2022
MartinsD12:

All invalid, politics it's another form of war you have to give a fight to turn things around, ambode chickened out .

Give a fight?? At the detriment of your life and well being
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by MartinsD12(m): 12:06pm On May 04, 2022
oaugraduate1234:

Give a fight?? At the detriment of your life and well being
There is no detriment here, man was a chicken
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Lepon02: 12:06pm On May 04, 2022
Those who have sense amongst us, dong give a rat as....s!
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by odugbe1(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2022
Breaking News—-ambode is coming out for president
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Heavensent01(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2022
Sheuns:

You guys always scream political structure, what structure did Obaseki have when he decamped to PDP and floored APC, Oshiomole, Izeyamu and Asiwaju in Edo? You people seem to always forget that the people are the ones who decide who and who doesn’t win. Structure can be talked about within party, but when it comes to general elections where everyone votes, the people are the main deciders.

Obaseki had been in politics before Ambode, Being a Governor was just an opportune Ambode, I'm sure he never even expect it, loyalty gave him that position above other candidate then

now you're asking what structure does a Governor that held legislative down for good 4years without swearing them in?

I'm done debating with a political neophyte like you people and hey stop comparing Obaseki political stance with Ambode, while Oshiomole loose guard to use legislative to hold Obaseki down, Ambode was held down with Lagos speaker
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by KingsleyCEO: 2:29pm On May 04, 2022
adelaja70:

So what has Obaseki done differently? He's a total failure.

Obaseki didn't allow Oshiomole play the Tinubu card with him.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Sheuns(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2022
Heavensent01:

Obaseki had been in politics before Ambode, Being a Governor was just an opportune Ambode, I'm sure he never even expect it, loyalty gave him that position above other candidate then

now you're asking what structure does a Governor that held legislative down for good 4years without swearing them in?

I'm done debating with a political neophyte like you people and hey stop comparing Obaseki political stance with Ambode, while Oshiomole loose guard to use legislative to hold Obaseki down, Ambode was held down with Lagos speaker

As usual, always quick to see everyone that asks simple questions of their lords as a neophyte.

The truth still remains, Obaseki floored all your lords in one election and it wasn’t any structure that did that it’s the people. Admit it and move on. Stop trying so hard to sound like a political juggernaut.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Coolgent(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2022
abobote:
He can't win anything now. He should have summoned this courage and face his fear in 2019, challenge the APC from PDP, while he was still a governor

You are right
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Heavensent01(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2022
Sheuns:

As usual, always quick to see everyone that asks simple questions of their lords as a neophyte.

The truth still remains, Obaseki floored all your lords in one election and it wasn’t any structure that did that it’s the people. Admit it and move on. Stop trying so hard to sound like a political juggernaut.

you're baby ranter, go and learn politics
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode To Announce Political Ambitions By Friday by Basher8583: 8:45pm On May 04, 2022
Sheuns:
Ambode could have caused a bit of shake up had he decamped to another party in 2019 and tested his popularity, even if he had lost, he would have made a mark and passed a strong message, under APC in Lagos he can’t win anything as it stands.

Sometimes our lives may depend on one crazy move.

Spectator... Are you Ambode? Ambode knows he is a nobody politically. He was practically hand picked for the job. He has no political clout and he knows this. All he has are you jokers that cant give him any possible success... Heck you might not even have a voters card. So shut your trap... Spectator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo About To Score A Goal (Photo) / Nyesom Wike Sworn In As Governor Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.