Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat (27347 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements / Oshiomhole Presents Ajimobi To Buhari As Deputy National Chairman / Governor Makinde To Refund Tuition Fees Collected By Ajimobi To Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by 9jahotblog: 8:31am On May 04, 2022
The son of late Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, Idris Abiola-Ajimobi, has shown interest to contest the Ibadan South-West Constituency II seat on the platform of All Progressives Congress in the forthcoming 2023 elections.

Idris made the declaration on Tuesday while addressing party leaders in his constituency in Ibadan.

CityMirrorNews gathered that the son of the former governor also presented to the leaders a letter of interest to contest the seat.

It was also gathered that the party leaders led by the chairman in the council, Sunday Babalola, met with all the aspirants from the local government contesting various elective positions on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC), advised them not to see politics as a game of do or die affairs.

Abiola-Ajimobi urged the party leaders to support his aspiration, which he said was his childhood dream of serving humanity.

“It has always been my childhood dream to serve humanity, therefore, presenting myself to serve the good people of Ibadan South-West Constituency II will avail me of the opportunity to achieve this dream,” he opined.

The aspirant told the leaders that he was before them as a son, who needed their support and prayers to achieve the dream, adding that he could not do it without them.

The Son stated, “I have come before you as your son, to plead for your support and prayers as I cannot do this alone without you.”

“I know that a lot of us here know my father and the legacy he left behind (May his soul rest in perfect peace), and also his grandfather, Alhaji Ganiu Ajimobi, who served the good people of Ibadan South-West Constituency II during the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s regime in the Western Region.

“We shouldn’t let these legacies die. I like to build on his legacies while charting a course to unite our people and bring the dividends of democracy close to them.”

The Party leader, Mr. Babalola, in his remarks, welcome Abiola-Ajimobi into the race, describing it as a good development having people aspiring to serve their people, prayed for him and others for God to grant their request.
http://citymirrornews.com/news/2022/04/late-ajimobis-son-to-contest-oyo-assembly-seat/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Mko123(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2022
My stern advice to the Masses in Nigeria is that when we vote and support the son or relatives of people who has been in political system, we ended up making the seat their birthright and the governmental system a Monarchy

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by habsydiamond(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2022
Nigeria politics is nothing more than family business.. Everything is within the family cycle which doesn't give room to the masses.. May God heal this country.

9 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by dadavivo: 8:47am On May 04, 2022
The small boy should have respect for constituted authority no matter what.

He should go and enjoy the stolen money the father stashed away for them

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by money121(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2022
No harm in trying.
You're welcome to the race.

Ajimobi was a great man

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Emmastan291: 8:47am On May 04, 2022
His father was a great man.
I wish him the best

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by tophumble(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2022
Iyen na da.

He might just be lucky

But he shd remember that PDP owns Oyo

The question is will MKD allow him get there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by KUNZEH(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2022
Constituted Authority

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nobody: 8:48am On May 04, 2022
Family needs sustainable and relevance

2 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Sulybayus: 8:49am On May 04, 2022
Best of luck. May the spirit of our beloved father follow you.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by amaben2020(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2022
I've forgotten that this man ever existed

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Indelibleage: 8:49am On May 04, 2022
It's a family affair, let him contest. We'll await the outcome.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Lemmy123(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2022
Una turn politics to monarchy. I hope he treats the people well if he wins, because that's the most important thing
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Sam3445: 8:50am On May 04, 2022
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by omooba969(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2022
Why upload the late man's picture and not the son? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Penguin2: 8:50am On May 04, 2022
Time to take up the family business undecided
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2022
Nah, they're not struggling to survive
Sweetplum:
Family needs sustainable and relevance

86 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by VoltageDivida(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2022
Best of luck to him.

A great way to continue his father's legacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Tinubuadvocate: 8:51am On May 04, 2022
grin
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nosayer: 8:51am On May 04, 2022
habsydiamond:
Nigeria politics is nothing more than family business.. Everything is within the family cycle which doesn't give room to the masses.. May God heal this country.

I don't know their problem jàre....your father has been there doesn't mean you must also go there but no, they want it to he family stuff

Thank God monarchy has become ceremonial in Nigeria!
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by omooba969(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2022
dadavivo:
The small boy should have respect for constituted authority no matter what.

He should go and enjoy the stolen money the father stashed away for them

You should be asking for an Ajimobi Probe rather than saying the son should go and enjoy the loot/stolen money.

Can you see that you Nigerians are your own problems.

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by yomalex(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2022
Okay
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by RedScorpion(f): 8:56am On May 04, 2022
Also Read :

Joe Biden Says US Is Helping To Make The War A ‘strategic Failure’ For Russia

https://www.nairaland.com/7109325/joe-biden-says-us-helping
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by happney65: 8:57am On May 04, 2022
Nosayer:

I don't know their problem jàre....your father has been there doesn't mean you must also go there but no, they want it to he family stuff

Thank God monarchy has become ceremonial in Nigeria!

There is no big deal. He is free to contest as he is a Nigerian also. I was expecting him to want to go to the house of representatives or the Senate. His mates won't start from the state house of assembly. They will claim it is too small. I am impressed by him from starting there.

I wish him well

9 Likes

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Synburd(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2022
Childhood dream indeed or you are steping into your late father shoe.. #let the st**ling ₦₦₦₦₦₦ continues#
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Memphitz357: 8:58am On May 04, 2022
Let's hope he will not follow his father's stupid legacy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Disowns Group Over Unauthorized Statement On Buhari / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On.. / Heavy Protest Against SARS In Rivers Over Threat To Kill Gov. Wike's Aide(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.