Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat (27350 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements / Oshiomhole Presents Ajimobi To Buhari As Deputy National Chairman / Governor Makinde To Refund Tuition Fees Collected By Ajimobi To Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by omooba969(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2022
habsydiamond:
Nigeria politics is nothing more than family business.. Everything is within the family cycle which doesn't give room to the masses.. May God heal this country.

There's nothing wrong with family members going into politics and aspiring to get elected. Let them govern with the people's welfare at the core of govt biz.

Example is the Bush family and Kennedy family.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by derecho(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2022
Pikin of constituted authority

His wife shouldn't forget to contest in Kano too.
Who knows they could make history in Nigeria
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nosayer: 9:01am On May 04, 2022
happney65:

There is no big deal. He is free to contest as he is a Nigerian also. I was expecting him to want to go to the house of representatives or the Senate. His mates won't start from the state house of assembly. They will claim it is too small. I am impressed by him from starting there.

I wish him well

Is it big deal in Nigeria? Look at the cycles of politicians we have in power today. From Buhari, to Ekweremadu, Ngige, Okorocha, Tinubu and many others. Same figures when Nigeria was struggling and it's this same figures we have now that the struggling has become greater.

Democracy says it's their right but is it healthy for Nigeria that families are recycled into power?
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by yetunsbay(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2022
Your father was a bad leader..... obviously you gonna be one. Na blood

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by happney65: 9:08am On May 04, 2022
Nosayer:

Is it big deal in Nigeria? Look at the cycles of politicians we have in power today. From Buhari, to Ekweremadu, Ngige, Okorocha, Tinubu and many others. Same figures when Nigeria was struggling and it's this same figures we have now that the struggling has become greater.

Democracy says it's their right but is it healthy for Nigeria that families are recycled into power?

You don't want them to be recycled there? You sef join. I hate it when people complain and abuse them. Yet they don't join politics. Yet come election day they don't vote. They don't even have a voters card yet they complain here and there.

Abegi
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Soulsymbol99: 9:10am On May 04, 2022
Politics, the only thriving business in naija
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Great0ne1: 9:10am On May 04, 2022
Segunaja:
He must have learnt a lot from his late dad, in terms of experience
Experience on how to make the life of oyo people miserable ?

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by olas24u(f): 9:13am On May 04, 2022
Politics should not be a profession or inheritance, bullshit
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by duduade: 9:21am On May 04, 2022
Awon ole oshi

Want to turn it into family business abi

By 2027 he will say Governorship is what he had always wanted

Tufiakwa
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nwibii: 9:21am On May 04, 2022
Is he the only person from that constituency? Ruling now has become your birth right, your grand rule, your father rule, you are about ruling after that you'll also project your son. If the people of that constituency have any sense, they shouldn't in anyway vote you.
Go and enjoy the money your late Dad stole from the state coffers first, when it finishes you can come.

1 Like

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by yusluvad(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:
My stern advice to the Masses in Nigeria is that when we vote and support the son or relatives of people who has been in political system, we ended up making the seat their birthright and the governmental system a Monarchy
Fact!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by yusluvad(m): 9:28am On May 04, 2022
Nwibii:
Is he the only person from that constituency? Ruling now has become your birth right, your grand rule, your father rule, you are about ruling after that you'll also project your son. If the people of that constituency have any sense, they shouldn't in anyway vote you.
Go and enjoy the money your late Dad stole from the state coffers first, when it finishes you can come.
I don't even understand Nigeria politics anymore. undecided undecided
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Vincyman: 9:30am On May 04, 2022
see him fine clothing, like say may person just dash me one of such
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by miketayo(m): 9:32am On May 04, 2022
But why, just like d Tinubu's of lagos, Adeleke's of osun state and Saraki's of ilorin . Why will a family want to control d whole state.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by juman(m): 9:35am On May 04, 2022
Where is lam adesina son?

Ajimobi threw him away.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Mccullum: 9:45am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:
My stern advice to the Masses in Nigeria is that when we vote and support the son or relatives of people who has been in political system, we ended up making the seat their birthright and the governmental system a Monarchy

What of US and some other European countries that it used to happened, it can't never be view as monarchical system, crown have no duration while elective positions has duration to serve.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by joyandfaith: 9:48am On May 04, 2022
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by gulfer: 10:15am On May 04, 2022
I have only one question, has our political office spaces become like the traditional stools of some Obas that confer offices or suboffices on sons and daughters including wives of all former political holders, dead or alive
Just imagine especially with the Yorubas, starting with Obasanjo, Tinubu, now this 'constituted authority' angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Flexy33: 10:34am On May 04, 2022
This one wey dey father don steal enough money for am, she dey find wey to go steal again. Naija my naija wey political office don turn hereditary office.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nobody: 10:38am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:

NOT ALL FAMILIES ARE SO FORTUNATE.

Look at Bill Clinton, him na former U.S.A President, his wife a Former Secretary to the President of the U.S.A, even sef a former senator. Be rest assured their kids will hold political offices too in the future may be becoming Presidents too like President Bush the Father and President Bush the son, or Governors like Jebb Bush and other senators from the Bush Family. Do you know the political offices held by the Kennedy Family in the U.S.A?

See na GOD dey bless some family pass others. No hating just hope for favour from God.

U.S.A na head quarter of democracy see as dem d run things inside family.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Flexy33: 10:40am On May 04, 2022
The should continue..
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Nobody: 10:42am On May 04, 2022
ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Ashirioluwa: 10:53am On May 04, 2022
Politics is now family business in Nigeria
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Miracle2022: 10:53am On May 04, 2022
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by BlackBaron: 10:57am On May 04, 2022
Political Monarchies in Progress... shocked

All sons, daughters, uncles and aunts throwing their hats in the ring. grin

That the richest people in our society are politically exposed persons says a lot hence every crook and their family is also trying to get in there.

Top 5 Industries in Nigeria

1. Politics
2. Thuggery/Enforcers
3. Petroleum industry
4. Telecoms
5. Yahoo fraud
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by jaxxy(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:

voting such person should be based on their individual Character and not cos of their parent who was in government.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by statutory1: 11:04am On May 04, 2022
.. To continue the constituted authority abi?
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by ppogba: 11:28am On May 04, 2022
It is not un- common of a butterfly to think and see itself as a bird.

Master Constituted Authority.
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Winning123: 11:28am On May 04, 2022
Did anybody stop you both from contesting? Did anybody stop you both from making your family a recognizable name in Nigerian politics?

Nosayer:

I don't know their problem jàre....your father has been there doesn't mean you must also go there but no, they want it to he family stuff

Thank God monarchy has become ceremonial in Nigeria!
Re: Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat by Tareq1105: 11:41am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:

I don't think so.

The young man is chatting a new course for himself by starting from the beginning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho's Press Statement After He Regained Freedom From Benin Republic / I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? / Mr President Live In AIT Again With The Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.