Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,751 members, 7,827,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus (58736 Views)

IDF Kills 3 Israeli Hostages After Mistaking Them For "Threat" / Droupadi Murmu: So The President Of India Is A BLACK Woman! Wonderful. / Taliban Kill A Woman After She Told Them She Was Too Poor To Cook For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Petshopng: 2:46pm On May 08, 2022
The sad reality of how many whites still see blacks
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Jideope: 2:49pm On May 08, 2022
Wonders
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by TimiRume(f): 2:57pm On May 08, 2022
1Sharon:

If a black woman is wrong, then she's wrong.
We all wish it was as simple as that.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by skywalker240(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2022
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by SmartHomes(m): 3:07pm On May 08, 2022
Wahala...
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by ictplotter(m): 3:07pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
Good for her.Who ask her to resemble an animal?
Is human being not Animal? I don't understand again oooh in biology i was taught two types of living things ie plant n animal.

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by skywalker240(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2022
Those idiot xenophobes would keep quiet now.
na blacks from other countries dem power catch.

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by SIONKPO1(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2022
frog12:
you mean, telling dem to steal other people's work? mugabe said it precisely.

Nope,but most Black South Africans are relaxed expecting free money,the opportunities there is now been taken by Other Africans(Zimbabweans,Nigerians,Namibians)/etc
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Joshbass: 3:11pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:

Block head... I'm really disappointed at your level of negligence and disrespect for humanity. And don't you ever say you were joking because der are things we are to joke with. Human lives should be valued and cherished to the farthest extent no matter who the person in question is.

Better go and give a thought to that your useless comment, reevaluate your life and redefine your steps old man.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by tctrills: 3:14pm On May 08, 2022
Originalsly:

Yes... hunting accidents happen everywhere... but was the man hunting? Why bring up hunting to try to put down Blacks as making every issue with Whites a racial issue? Why are you so quick to downplay racism... and accusing Blacks to be alarmists? You really think we can move forward if we cover our eyes like you? Open your eyes and learn to recognize racism .... if you can't recognize blatant racism how will you ever recognize subtle racism that is wayyy more widespread??
You ask some good questions. I did not downplay racism but if we choose to live in suspicion of every other race, how can find peace living with others. When a white kid bullies my child it's racism. When the Yoruba guy at my workplace has issues with me, its tribalism. I feel it's a lazy and weak mentality.
A white man shooting a black is not the definition of racism so unless it's proven to be, why should I suspect such. If you've ever lived in the Us, as a black man, you would feel much safer in white communities in Idaho and Montanna than in cities like Brooklyn and Atlanta with so many of you're black brothers.
Perceiving racism in every action is unhealthy for you and society. In our fear of racism, we blacks are beginning to be very racist.

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Acidbath: 3:15pm On May 08, 2022
"When police arrived at the scene, van Zyl claimed that he thought the couple were “hippos and monkeys”.

He thought the woman was a hippo and the man a monkey..... grin

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Jaqenhghar: 3:16pm On May 08, 2022
oz4real83:
I have remotely set it up for him, allowing him to set it up himself will be a useless venture grin

grin grin grin grin very true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by treatise: 3:18pm On May 08, 2022
Speaklove:
It's amazing how a human would be liken to an animal .

Only God knows the truth of the matter .
The police will eventually come up with their own findings .
Let's hope this is not a racist attack on the blacks .

I can't figure out why the color of one man's skin should be another mans problem .

If you are in a kind of life threatening trouble and a man whose color differs from your's shows up to help you I don't think you will ever decline simply because they ain't the same with you in some color thing .

It's time for every body to speak up against this menace or else
You wouldn't tell who's gonna be the next victim and what's going to happen to them .

Not judging the man at all .
Only God can tell what's the truth

The head of a baby hippo is more that full grown adult ; the killing was obviously intentional
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Dickjo(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2022
ogbiwa:
A man has appeared in court after shooting at a couple, wounding one of them, and claiming that he thought he was “shooting at a hippo”.

Paul Hendrik van Zyl, a white South African farmer from northern Limpopo province, faces attempted murder charges.

Ramokone Linah was fishing with her partner in a river adjoining van Zyl’s farm in Lephalale town, when they suddenly came under fire.

Ms Linah, 38, sustained gun shot wounds on her arm, while her partner “managed to hide” before informing police and emergency services, a police report said.

When police arrived at the scene, van Zyl claimed that he thought the couple were “hippos and monkeys”.

“The arrested suspect alleged that he was shooting at the animals ” police spokesperson, Mamphaswa Seabi, said in a statement.

During van Zyl’s arrest, police seized two rifles, one revolver, one pistol, and two airguns.

Ms Linah was a part of a group of local men and women at the river near Mamojela Park when the incident occurred, according to a local media report.

Following his court appearance, van Zyl was freed on 1,,000 rand (about £51) bail and the case was adjourned until May 18 to allow further investigation to take place

Even today, almost 30 years after the end of Apartheid, deep racial divisions persist in South Africa. A group of supporters from the anti racist Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) staged a protest outside the court about van Zyl been freed on bail.

In nearby Letsitele a farmer shot and wounded a farm worker with a pellet gun in 2017, after allegedly mistaking him for a monkey.

Gun ownership is commonplace in South Africa, and accidental killings are a regular occurrence.

Deliberate shootings are common too. According to South African police statistics, more than 7,000 murders with guns were reported in the period from 2019 to 2020.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/black-woman-shot-white-south-26882484

...but why is she fat?....cant she go to gym?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by mu2sa2: 3:20pm On May 08, 2022
suffering:
Pictures will give this fake story credibility.
Use your glasses, the source is there.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by caye(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2022
oz4real83:
I just approved your request for common sense, start using it now undecided

VictorUSA is a white racist catching cruise with your heads on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by caye(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad a black man should shot the idiot and tell the world,he luk like a white Lion

No.
Like a white orangutan.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by bizzibodi(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2022
Hmmmm!which part of the woman resemble hippo?
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 08, 2022
Imagine, he didn't mistake the couple for only hippos and monkey but they are infact lion and lioness,
Nonsense !
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Horus(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2022
A female hippopotamus can weigh between 2,900 to 3,300 pounds. There is no way possible that anyone in their stable mind could mistaken a human being for an animal of that size

1 Like

Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Iconstar: 3:37pm On May 08, 2022
Even nairaland tribalists are condemning racism grin grin.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by patrickmuf(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
Stupid idiot...
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Olabode211: 3:51pm On May 08, 2022
ahhh this white people are soo sensilence.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by suffering: 3:51pm On May 08, 2022
mu2sa2:
Use your glasses, the source is there.
No pictures no evidence.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by MoIbrahim: 3:53pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:

This is a childish comment
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Rivguydee(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2022
SA black women too gather As*. E no too shock me
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by onyxo76(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2022
ifyken:
ii
It's definitely racism,hippotamuses do not sit on boat and fish.
I was wondering same..how does someone resemble hippo, shebi hippo get 4 legs against two humans, except the shooter get mental problem.
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by TheWolfen(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
you really should take that back. Not a palatable statement
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Georgejeez: 4:24pm On May 08, 2022
He should aim better next time ,,, better to be charged to court for Homicide than attempted murder.
Evil South-Africans Nigeria stood with during Apartheid gained independence, started killing innocent Nigerians , looting their sweat and burning their shops .

grin grin grin abeg make Una help me beg Eniola Badmus and Teni make dem no go chill for South Africa .
Before white man go fire their yansh with bazooka thinking say dem be hippopotamus and rhinoceros
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Litmus: 4:31pm On May 08, 2022
South African Bleks grin like so many Africans from all these useless Nations up and down Africa are stupid and brainless . All the White South African needed to do was say that he thought he was shooting a Nigerian woman. If he had said this instead of the less stupid, "he thought she was a Hippopotamus", the bleks over there would have been happy and satisfied . Even the blek woman's relatives would have been placated. Next he should have gone on Youtube and said, "i am fed up with Nigerians in my country ,which was why i shot the woman. I thought she was Nigerian". And, of course, Nigerians would have respond by calling him a racist. He then would say, "I'm no racist, Nigerians are the problem". This will then illicit all of Africa to come to his defense, cussing Nigerians and claiming that it is true, Nigerians are causing problems in their various Kenya, Mozambique, Senegal shitholes.

Anyway i guess white South Africans are also stupid too for not realizing what a bonanza they have waiting for them to get away with racism by using mistaken identity as a ruse to kick in the heads of blekies grin
Re: White SA Man Shoots Black Woman After "Mistaking" Her For A Hippopotamus by Litmus: 4:35pm On May 08, 2022
If you doubt Afrikaans are stupid read through these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4mNLB2z3Ck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Paris Attack Mastermind Now Dead (photos) / Barack Obama's Tweet On Charlottesville Becomes Most Popular Tweet Ever(Pic) / Heatwave HELL In Europe As 'lucifer' Heat Dome Sweeps Continent(Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.