Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva (10288 Views)

Oshiomhole Group Picks Ize-Iyamu As Edo APC Consensus Candidate / Bayelsa By-Election: Ijaw Group Picks Dickson For Senator, Canvass Support / Kashamu’s Group Picks Abati, Daniel, As Dep Gov., Senatorial Candidates In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by NwaNimo1(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2022
DESPITE long queues at filling stations, a group has picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) 2023 presidential election expression of interest and nomination forms for Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Timipre Sylva. shocked

A group, Good People of Nigeria, said they obtained the forms on behalf of Sylva, a former governor of Bayelsa.

Mohammed Abu Abaji, who heads the group, said the minister’s performance in the petroleum sector shows he has the capacity to lead the country. grin

“That is why we bought these forms and called on him to come and contest in the APC primaries; I think it is one of the small things we can do for him.

“For the period he has been the minister you can see that he has spent a lot of time in the Niger Delta to talk to his people. We believe that as a President a lot will happen for oil prospects for the development of Nigeria. We are the good people of Nigeria and it is a collective donation. Everybody you see here donated money for the fund,” Abaji said.

Sylva, in his response, said he will consult widely before accepting the forms.

“It is very humbling and I must also say it is shocking. What I will do now, I will not give you a direct response. I need to consult my constituency, the leaders of this country and then I will come back to you to let you know if I have taken a position to run for the President of this country.

“I will go to my leader, for example the Ijaw leader, Edwin Clark, I will talk to him.”

Meanwhile, long queues has surfaced at filing stations in Abuja since Saturday.

The development marred school resumption on Monday as many children and their parents were stranded.

Also, many Nigerians are stuck in long queues at filling stations, despite the government’s stance on non-subsidy removal.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Ltd, which the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources supervises, said the sudden appearance of fuel queues in parts of Abuja is due to low loadouts at depots which usually happen during long public holidays, in this case, the Sallah celebrations.

The NNPC added that another factor that contributed to the sudden appearance of queues is the increased fuel purchases made by residents after the public holidays.
https://www.icirnigeria.org/amid-fuel-scarcity-group-picks-apc-presidential-forms-for-timipre-sylva/

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2022
Misplaced priority

11 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by God1000(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2022
This country is becoming a joke

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by NwaNimo1(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2022
God1000:
This country is becoming a joke

More like comedy.......

[img]https:///media/5-08-2022/UfdgKh.gif[/img]

,....Unknown Gunmen Groups all over the place!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by teadrake(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2022
Support group sponsored by the same useless politicians to obtain form for them. Nigerians are wise!

31 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by slawormiir: 6:06am On May 10, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Stupid group

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Angel55555(m): 6:06am On May 10, 2022
These politicians really think Nigerians are daft.
Come 2023, time will tell.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Utanisco(m): 6:06am On May 10, 2022
Afonja forms

3 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2022
Arrangee tinz

5 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Tonypens48(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2022
Nigeria, my country cry cry cry

Kindly check my signature for your Academic writing service
Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by FoolaniHellman: 6:07am On May 10, 2022
grin
Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by JayTripz(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2022
grin grin grin

Omoooo....This country na cruise

Make Dem buy form for me too na

I swear I go change Naija

I go ban NIN first grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:08am On May 10, 2022
Mohammed Abu Abaji, who heads the group, said the minister’s performance in the petroleum sector shows he has the capacity to lead the country. 
Like seriously shocked
Wakanda fvckery is this?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by alabi484(m): 6:09am On May 10, 2022
This format don cast!

I think there's should be a provision in the electoral acts that bans this rubbish of group buying form for someone or makes the source of funds for the purchase open.

Make we dey watch the game wet APC dey play Sha.

8 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Movicq(m): 6:09am On May 10, 2022
Make una getat
Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 6:09am On May 10, 2022
Angel55555:
These politicians really think Nigerians are daft.
Come 2023, time will tell.
I hope we get it right this time.

2 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:09am On May 10, 2022
President2001:
Which yeye people or he gave one of I aid money to buy it for him, if Efcc as not be bull dog many of them would have been investigate by now
True that

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by President2001(m): 6:10am On May 10, 2022
Which yeye people or he gave one of I aid money to buy it for him, if Efcc as not be bull dog many of them would have been investigate by now

1 Like

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Niorte: 6:10am On May 10, 2022
In case you don't get it, the APC is trying to pool fund for election. They are only using names of donors to get the money into their account.

This people know they are not contesting, but they need to contribute money to the party in the name of buying a form. - INSIDER INFO

Away from politics, you too can make cool cash with this online business. Click https://7starplans.com/get-started

6 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Bosenan: 6:10am On May 10, 2022
APC una try, continue oo, continue looting the treasury for campaign funds, Nigerians are watching

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Drjekwu: 6:10am On May 10, 2022
Lol �
Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by UselessBuharist: 6:11am On May 10, 2022
It shall not be well with these groups picking presidential tickets for all APC incompetent politicians

4 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by elpochas: 6:11am On May 10, 2022
APC has turned these Election into a big joke.

5 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by desolvay: 6:11am On May 10, 2022
Group should also buy for me, i'm anointed to take this country forward, but before they go,let them bring the money first so I will use my hand and buy it. I need original form not this one from known group

4 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Terrence99: 6:12am On May 10, 2022
Utanisco:
Afonja forms

It is not for Biafran pigs. You can kill yourselves as much as you like. Happy Sit at Home, useless slave of Biafra.
Sylvia is an incompetent fool and those who bought forms for him are greater fools.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 6:13am On May 10, 2022
If you want fuel scarcity to go, then the subsidy has to go and fuel has to be sold at market prices.

That is the solution. Minister Sylva is an opportunistic politician, but even he knows that that is the solution.

The thing is, if marketers and NNPC are not allowed to import fuel at a profit, scarcity results. NNPC cannot make a profit for over 20 years because bringing in fuel that costs over N200 and selling it at N160, and then getting paid a subsidy that comes from the government's expenditure...and that rises due to rising prices of crude oil......is not the way forward.

And yes, the corruption is a side effect of the subsidy regimen. Deny someone the ability to make a profit and you will see wonders.

If countries like Niger, Benin, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ghana, who are at our level or lower can pay higher for fuel, and if most fuel producers can pay higher than we do for fuel...then why are we decieving ourselves.?

Also, if we refine fuel at home, will we sell it below the cost of refining it, and pay a subsidy that does not cover the resulting loss because we must have cheap fuel.?

Has our economy grown after over 40 years of cheap fuel?

We better wake up and face reality.

ADDENDUM

You want to quote me? Then read this first.

2 Likes

Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by sematec(m): 6:13am On May 10, 2022
r
Re: Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva by Wchris(m): 6:14am On May 10, 2022
Who is all these groups self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese Joins Alliance For New Nigeria (ANN) / Breaking News: APC Senators Leave National Assembly During Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.