Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? (2324 Views)

Inter-religion Relationship: The Aftermath / Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / 5 Core Reasons Why Marriages Fail And Will Continue To Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by diyobdw(f): 8:54am On Feb 20, 2006
Do you think inter-religion marriages work? Though it's always or mostly an issue to be approved the families involved. I kind of think going to heaven is an individual decision. Moreso, same religoin doesnt gurantee a happy home! Love is not by faith. What's your view.
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by sheuzee1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2006
hi its a lovely question u asked,it does work attimes but i really think wat really matters is love,mutual understandn and how u feel about urselves.i wnt convince my girlfriend 2 follow my faith,am nt lovn her cos of her faith but d dignity and moral she has as a woman,i hav a prob like dat my chick treatened 2 leave me if i dnt bcome a christian,nd weve dated 4 5years,infact it has headed 4 d rocks,so its a thing of understandn,nt forgetn d pressure he or she wuld receive frm the family,its very sad

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by Nameless: 11:31am On Aug 31, 2006
You can not!Which way will you raise the children?Would you risk your children receiving false doctrines and go to hell! GOD FORBID!
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by diyobdw(f): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2006
@nameless
Dont be surprised that your child's going to hell is not sole your doing!
They grow, they learn and choice their religion
Have heard about pastor kids become cultist and iman child becom'g a pastor?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by biyibabe(f): 4:26am On Sep 24, 2008
I think it matters cus I have seen families dat cannot withstand d trials but it all depends on understanding.Like a english proverb says lets sleeping dogs lie.
@diyobdw;u can help ur children shap their future.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by ngpatroit(m): 6:24am On Jan 14, 2010
My dad's muslim, mom's christian, 32 years and going strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by okeymadu(m): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2010
@poster. It depends on the level of commitment to the religion of each. For the extremely religious type I quess it might not work, but for those that don't really carry religion on their head, it might work. Mind my words, I said might.
The way we do religion here isn't making it sweet. Although it has not really impacted on our national life.
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2010
Problems always crop in at some point. . .I'll rather save myself the stress plssss. . .
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by Ben13: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^yeah, it gets to a point where problems set in.
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
diyobdw:
Do you think inter-religion marriages work? Though it's always or mostly an issue to be approved the families involved. I kind of think going to heaven is an individual decision. Moreso, same religoin doesnt gurantee a happy home! Love is not by faith. What's your view.
it doesn't works at times
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by Madups(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Funny enough all the broken homes and marriages i know of involves people of same faith or religion.
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by labake1(f): 6:07am On Apr 15, 2023
Understanding matters
Re: Do You Think Inter-religion Marriages Work? by apstpaulg(m): 11:15am On Apr 16, 2023
diyobdw:
The moment you learn to unbox God from religion, and bring God down from the cloud into your every day life, then you'll know that life is about morals, knowing the difference btwn good and bad (in societal standard), not religious indoctrination. Only then will you understand that God is one (the Divine universal intelligence).

(1) (Reply)

Mouth Or Body Odour,which One Will U Choose? / Guys Are All Over Me? Who Do I Choose? / Ten Ways To Cheat On Your Guy:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.