Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country (42803 Views)

Liz Cambage Denies Calling D'tigress Monkeys - Nigerian Players Reacts / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Liz Cambage Denies Racially Insulting Nigerian Players During Pre-Olympic Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Kentuforchrist(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2022
That one concern her and una
Me dea think how my life go better abeg
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by showafrica(m): 1:20pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:
But, Nigeria is third world country na undecided

I don't understand why the fuming... Nigeria is a 3rd world country and people dey vex. If you vex, fix am na and slap her when she repeats it again. This same people wey dey vex are still rooting for Tinubu who wants to continue Buhari 3rd world legacy. Nonsense and ingredients

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Emyogalanya: 1:21pm On May 11, 2022
What's the fuss about is Nigeria not a third world country? We should lick our wounds in peace

2 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by streetsoldier1(m): 1:22pm On May 11, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Former Opals captain Jenna O’Hea has confirmed claims that Liz Cambage told her Nigerian rivals to “go back to your third world country” in an incident that sparked a messy exit from the national program

[img]https:///0630d6448847b5b7e2bb8ddfe065e08a/2b0133fbac53d9b6-a0/s2048x3072/65f5c218784dac7fe0bc97e395bb58cfa71cea17.jpg[/img]

Cambage was independently investigated and issued a formal reprimand - but not suspended or fined - after the practice game altercation derailed the Opals’ Tokyo Olympic campaign.

In the days after the Nigeria clash she withdrew from the Games citing mental health concerns and then, despite remaining available for selection for this year’s World Cup in Sydney, said she would never again play for the Opals.

However the specifics of Cambage’s on-court actions at last year's Tokyo Olympics had remained a mystery until this Sunday.

Speaking on the ABC’s Offsiders, retired Opals great O’Hea confirmed host Kelli Underwood’s claim that Cambage “turned to them (Nigerian players) and said ‘go back to your third world country’,”and that they hadn’t spoken since.

“That is all one hundred per cent correct,” O’Hea said.

It comes after Cambage, who has a Nigerian father and now plays for the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA, told the ABC: “I’m living my best life. I’m supported, I’m protected on a level that the Opals or the Australian team never gave to me”

“My heart lies with those who want to protect me and those who want me to be the best I can be, and I never felt that at the Opals at all. So yeah, I’m good.”

O’Hea, a long-time captain of Cambage, bristled when asked for her response.

“I can hold my head up high and say I always loved her, always cared for her, supported her, had her back,” O’Hea said

“That is her reality and the listeners can believe what they want to believe.

“Everyone’s done more than enough. We’ve sacrificed a lot to try and keep her in the program.

“She doesn’t want to be here anymore. That’s her choice and we need to move on without her.”

The Opals struggled without Cambage in Tokyo but O’Hea said with proper preparation Sandy Brondello’s outfit would play to its ranking, which has long fluctuated between No.2 and No.3 in the world, at Sydney’s World Cup.

Their September campaign could also mark the return of Lauren Jackson, who has dominated at NBL1 level for Albury-Wodonga since coming out of retirement.

“There’s so many wonderfully talented basketballers in Australia, so many playing in the WNBA,” O’Hea said.

“With the right preparation we can do really well.

“There’s so many great role models ... I want the media to focus on those who want to play for the Opals and represent Australia.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/ohea-lifts-lid-on-cambage-opals-incident-c-6719969

Oloshi olori gboroso!!! is she better than the Nigerian players? Just cos she had lil priviledge she is looking down on others who are even better than her..... ogun kee her there

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by expert234: 1:22pm On May 11, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed She's clearly suffering from daddy issues, her parents separated when she was still a baby in London and there is nothing Nigerian about her with regards to her upbringing.

Awolowo sent his people to the UK to study and they started getting their women pregnant and abandoning them, smh.

So, it has now become a crime for Awolowo to send people to UK? grin

Your tribalism makes you sound like a mentally dumb idiot. grin

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by GeneralPula: 1:26pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Majority of Americans are geographically ignorant beyond belief. But they are quick to say ''third world country''.

Americans are so ignorant that a great many of them think all Africans live in mud huts in the village, with no running water or electricity. They are shocked when you tell them you have internet in 'Africa'.

Most of them think Africa is a single country, not a continent with 54 sovereign nations.

They are tragically miseducated about Africa, and it is because of deliberate misinformation by their racist media and education system.

God bless you..

That’s why yahoo boys have been successful about scamming them..

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by SmartyPants(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

The article. We're always looking for a excuse to call someone Nigerian

Read in context. The nexus to her Nigerian ancestry is to highlight the irony of she, herself being the child of an immigrant, uttering such hateful nonsense.

no one is claiming her.

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by hayoholla(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

I've no idea where an animal dunce like you crept out from, but I have lived and worked in the USA and the UK before you were even born, and can tell you everything about those countries including everything about their people.

An ignorant, inarticulate dunce like you cannot have visited more than 1 or 2 of the 54 African nations, and so you have NO CLUE about Africa, save the biased, skewed, negative nonsense you see on mainstream western TV. That has brainwashed you into calling an entire continent a 'shithole' - a word you likely never heard of before the racist neo-nazi freak of nature, Trump, used it a couple years' back.

I really pray that self-hating slaves and sellout Uncle Toms like you who hate their background and their race actually run into real neo-nazi white racists on their 'turf', who will show you that it doesn't matter how much you distance yourself from your background and race, that they still regard YOU....no one else.... YOU, with the deepest hatred and revulsion.

You don't need to reply him, he doesn't know about "American Exceptionalism" , and how its making the American society more and more ignorant. People like him need ro read more.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by seunayantokun(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2022
Buhari has done worse, please.

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by SmartyPants(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Stop that rubbish talk Americans go for vacation atleast twice in their life time
To different continent apart from Europe and america

They are not so ignorant about other countries from other continent

Africa is a shithole non of them wants to visit or something interesting comes from you will find in the news

Nigeria is only known on the news by Americans that is not enough if they don't visit
Because it's a shithole

Nope. The average American knows very little about the outside world.

I had arguments trying to convince one that it snows in England, and another that "mate" is not used in Australia alone. Etc.

You'd be surprised how many of them have never even left their home state to a next door state, not to talk of travelling abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Reference(m): 1:31pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:

Abi oh.
Or which Nigeria are we talking about.
Do you quarrel with your mirror or obey what it says.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by SmartyPants(m): 1:33pm On May 11, 2022
Kriss216:

So that is to say that coming from a third world country means they as individuals do not deserve to be respected?

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Bamzyriches451: 1:34pm On May 11, 2022
Who cares undecided
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by spydera: 1:34pm On May 11, 2022
[/b]Bless you jareeey[b]
You've spoken well.
I hope that alien receives sense
Thebadpolitican:

No sense in your comment all I hear is the obvious black live matters kinda comment

I engage white everyday on social media because of my job

What are even you doing in a white man country since you're so Africanist and not a slave like you claim I am grin

Africa is a shithole take that to your blacklivematters hashtags no one wants to come or know anything about Africa, i bet Americans would name countries in Asia perfectly and even towns there

African would remain a village in their eyes no matter the media outcry to change the perception because its a place no one wants to visit and even get educated by it

White people that goes to vacation to different
Countries in different like is a norms we must eat rice on Sunday in Nigeria homes
White Americans leave theirs home country work in Japan, Taiwan and other countries and even take some of their cultures home to America

Asian took martial art to the world
Took noddles to the world and so on

What has African taking to the world if not bad news, proverty outcry and racism

You're a waste in America and uk that youre come home and let someone else go because you can't really replicate anything there when you come back home
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by msrcusgarvey6(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2022
We that acquired acquirables and quit decades ago only love to read from this New gen
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Elidrisy20: 1:36pm On May 11, 2022
The kind hate wea biafrans have for naija, the thing dey surprise me
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by klismann12: 1:36pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

Majority of Americans are geographically ignorant beyond belief. But they are quick to say ''third world country''.

Americans are so ignorant that a great many of them think all Africans live in mud huts in the village, with no running water or electricity. They are shocked when you tell them you have internet in 'Africa'.

Most of them think Africa is a single country, not a continent with 54 sovereign nations.

They are tragically miseducated about Africa, and it is because of deliberate misinformation by their racist media and education system.
You are mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by GreatAxeMan: 1:37pm On May 11, 2022
Her team is actually ranked as No. 7 in the world while Nigeria is ranked No.14.

streetsoldier1:

Oloshi olori gboroso!!! is she better than the Nigerian players? Just cos she had lil priviledge she is looking down on others who are even better than her..... ogun kee her there
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by spydera: 1:38pm On May 11, 2022
You dey comprehend jareeey.
Thanks.
Angelfrost:
Honestly, I hate it when we put Nigerian on these people's name... People who continue to detest and deny any link to Africa!

Why can't y'all leave them be?!! Must you claim them by force?!!

I'm talking about people like the above hateful lady with clear Daddy Issues!

We keep acting as though having these people identify as Nigerians will make our nation suddenly become loved, developed and better respected abroad...

Abeg, let's face our national issues squarely and resolve them instead looking for foreign celebs to claim!
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Basiljoe: 1:38pm On May 11, 2022
Reflect7:

True Story.

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 11, 2022
Pot calling kettle black

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by spydera: 1:40pm On May 11, 2022
Bamzyriches451:
Who cares undecided
NFCS does grin
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by 2elliot: 1:41pm On May 11, 2022
Cashsteady:
And so what ?? Is NIGERIA not a third world country ?and her NIGERIANS not third world people? Lot of NIGERIANS travels abroad and start demanding the same right with the citizens of those countries and cry racism when the citizens of those countries tell them fact..

Nigerians are known for bad reputation anywhere they travel to they still carry their third world mentality enter Europe and other western countries..

Just look at Europe..Europe is fast becoming a African ravaged shithole ,lot of rape ,gun and knife violence committed by third world citizens from Africa and Middle East countries and guess what the Europeans are already complaining..a time will come when the Europeans won’t bear it anymore and start xenophobic attack on African migrant and their Middle East counterparts.

Recently in France some group of NIGERIANS were forcefully evicting the native French out of their homes and robbing them same thing as been happening in other part of Europe..sweden a once safe country turning to wrzone. So tell me why they won’t tell you third word citizens to go back to your shithole the European are not going to let some uncivilized people destroy their country ..

Hold your fucking leaders accountable and don’t expect other country to treat you like boss and always show you sympathy
Europeans are already complaining badly; it's just a matter of time before a civil war will break out to kill and persue foreigners especially Africans and middle easterners from their countries.

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2022
Her Father who is Nigerian must have said bad things about Nigeria to her. I don't blame her.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by YahooG(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:
There's nothing Nigerian about this lady....

Don't give this racist a reason to be on the front page....she doesn't deserve it
How is she a racist,She spoke her mind,nigeria is a Third World country,all thanks to the dummy citizens voting old and corrupt politicians,let the young lady be and face your government,some are still rooting for Tinubu as the next president,sh!thole of a country!
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Lionnation: 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Stop that rubbish talk Americans go for vacation atleast twice in their life time
To different continent apart from Europe and america

They are not so ignorant about other countries from other continent

Africa is a shithole non of them wants to visit or something interesting comes from you will find in the news

Nigeria is only known on the news by Americans that is not enough if they don't visit
Because it's a shithole
the person you quoted is saying the truth he didn't all of them he said alot of then with the age of 15 to 30 are so ignorant

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by spydera: 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
hayoholla:

You don't need to reply him, he doesn't know about "American Exceptionalism" , and how its making the American society more and more ignorant. People like him need ro read more.

Firstly, it's "to" and not "ro read more..."
Modify it when you're done reading!
Secondly, just 1 state in that Ignorant American society as at 1997, is better than your present learned and book reading country.
No dey cap.
Btw, where has all the book reading got you to.
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by AngelicBeing: 1:58pm On May 11, 2022
Okoroawusa:
There's nothing Nigerian about this lady....

Don't give this racist a reason to be on the front page....she doesn't deserve it
Gbamsulotely cheesy

1 Like

Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by orlaglobal234: 1:58pm On May 11, 2022
Chaiiiii this girl set oo see as she clean like fresh tomato.

Omo i will love to have your back in my bed oo even if it's one time i don't mind, pls bikonu nu
Re: Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 11, 2022
This thing happened always. We just heard of this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? / Five Countries Qualify For AFCON 2022 / Vanessa Bryant Pays Tribute At Kobe's And Gianna Memorial Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.