Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,316 members, 7,850,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 (18112 Views)

Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Sacking Anambra PDP’s Excos / Appeal Court sets aside judgment faulting Adekele’s qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Malori: 11:29am On May 11, 2022
Miracle2022:
coming from someone that claps for ipob after killing the military couple.
Provide evidence
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by jaxxy(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2022
fergie001:

The problem with talking before reading. I looked for your trouble my mentioning you to have a broadview of the judgement.

Let me use pidgin, maybe you will understand.

The Appeal Court talk say Section 84(12) dey unconstitutional. Wetin e mean be say why the Umuahia judgement dey nullified, Ministers no suppose to resign until 30 days to the date of the general election.

You don understand am now?

u are saying thesame thing the only difference is he is using primaries and u are using general elections.

reference to same law. lol
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by chibrolex(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2022
While determining the appeal on the merit, the appellate court however held that the provision is unconstitutional because it violates Section 42 (1)(a) of the Constitution and denied a class of Nigerian citizens their right to participate in election.....
With this paragraph,the second 84(12) is invalid. So the minister are in the right direction.there right of participation in an election is been protected by the judgement.
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by fergie001: 11:34am On May 11, 2022
jaxxy:

u are saying thesame thing the only difference is he is using primaries and u are using general elections.

reference to same law. lol
He asked if I were alright?

Symptoms of typing before reading.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by correctyourself(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2022
Mynd44:

The judgment is not very clear

Ok, clear it! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Ventura1: 11:40am On May 11, 2022
Yeye judgement. In one breath nullifying the FHC judgement based on locus standi of the plantiff and still justifying the judgment.
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Truthisunique2: 11:47am On May 11, 2022
fergie001:

The problem with talking before reading. I looked for your trouble my mentioning you to have a broadview of the judgement.

Let me use pidgin, maybe you will understand.

The Appeal Court talk say Section 84(12) dey unconstitutional. Wetin e mean be say why the Umuahia judgement dey nullified, Ministers no suppose to resign (no suppose to resign until 30 days to the date of the general election.)

You don understand am now?
you have not said anything

Malami is the one dragging this thing, there is no fuss affecting anyone

Abeg don't quote me again, may 31st is already here make everyone allow that day decide
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Datikwerreboi(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2022
Lubumbashi:
This judgement has torpedoed Emefiele, Amechi, Malami, Akpabio, Ngige and other appointees who refused to resign as demanded by the electoral act and APC leadership. shocked shocked

Other aspirants are going to visit the APC chairman but Tinubu is the only candidate the APC chairman went to visit cool

Tinubu on the road to Aso Rock cool
Even your father as useless as he is, will be better than Tinubu
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by fergie001: 11:49am On May 11, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you have not said anything. Malami is the one dragging this thing, there is no fuss affecting anyone
Did you see anything concerning Primaries either in the news report or in my comments?

You need some exposition on a few things about this matter.
I cannot do that now...

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by eldoradoxx: 11:50am On May 11, 2022
Funny judgment. Having held that the person who approached the Federal High Court Owerri lacked the locus to initiate the suit, how then did the same Court proceed to agree with him that the said section is unconstitutional.
Cash and carry judiciary
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Truthisunique2: 11:51am On May 11, 2022
fergie001:

Did you see anything concerning Primaries either in the news report or in my comments?

You need some exposition on a few things about this matter.
I cannot do that now...
may ending you would see who gets the apc ticket

Don't quote me on this shit again, be preparing yourself for convention

And tell your oga to submit his withdrawal form on Friday, if he doesn't sign it he is disqualified as aspirant
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by fergie001: 11:54am On May 11, 2022
Truthisunique2:
may ending you would see who gets the apc ticket

Don't quote me on this shit again, be preparing yourself for convention

And tell your oga to submit his withdrawal form on Friday, if he doesn't sign it he is disqualified as aspirant

jaxxy, you can see he didn't understand a bit about anything here.

Suit yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by vicdom(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2022
fergie001:
garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic agberaorogboye AAA593

I believe it is.

The Appeal Court nullified the judgement in Umuahia on technical grounds that Edede had no locus.

The PDP challenged that section hence the Appeal Court ruled that Section 84(12) is unconstitutional wrt to Section 42 of the 1999 CFRN.

It means that Section 84(12) is null and void hence all political appointees can keep their jobs and contest as before.
Yes boss. That's just the summary. The title of the ruling is ridden with obscurity and ambiguity.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Cherrybae(f): 11:56am On May 11, 2022
Mynd44:

Don't mind the yeye meth ipob terorists.

They wont read but rush to comment. The Appeal court clearly stated that the section 84 is unconstitutional as it denied citizens there right.

Which means the section can be struck out by another higher court.

I wonder the own goal Malami scored here.

Its obvious the judgement is not clear
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by fergie001: 11:58am On May 11, 2022
vicdom:

Yes boss. That's just the summary. The title of the ruling is ridden with obscurity and ambiguity.
Exactly....... Na The Nation nah grin grin

I was telling indispensable85 one day that this Section 84(12) get wahala. I know the Ministers and co will be the most elated to hear this news.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by jaxxy(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2022
fergie001:

jaxxy, you can see he didn't understand a bit about anything here.

Suit yourself.

Lol I can see he's gone off on a tangent without understanding what u wrote. or do u guys have scores to settle from another thread. grin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by MikoB: 12:04pm On May 11, 2022
CyberWolf:
Resign where? Abi you no read where the judge ruled that the said section 81(12) is unconstitutional.

Let's wait for the full verdict,the judgement sounds contradictory.
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 11, 2022
Very poor reporting. Why not mention what the voided section says?
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by ityP(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Wow!!Malami don score home goal. NJC suppose drag dat Judge sef angry

How market Ngige, Amaechi, Nwajuiba and Emefiele

Read the judgement again. These Tinubu urchins dey too quick

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by fergie001: 12:08pm On May 11, 2022
jaxxy:
Lol I can see he's gone off on a tangent without understanding what u wrote. or do u guys have scores to settle from another thread.

Not at all. I don't even mention him, just knows he supports Amaechi and it will be a relief for him, that's all. He didn't even understand a sh!t what he just read.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by ityP(m): 12:11pm On May 11, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you have not said anything

Malami is the one dragging this thing, there is no fuss affecting anyone

Abeg don't quote me again, may 31st is already here make everyone allow that day decide

Why are you fighting him? He is saying Malami and others do not even need to resign according to the court of appeal

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by MadamExcellency: 12:13pm On May 11, 2022
objobj:

So you don't understand the judgment?
The section should be null and void because it contradict the constitution.

You no fit read sef.

It's not true. PDP prayers where that the Court strike down the judgement of Umuahia Court.

The legal opinion of Federal Appeal Court judge doesn't count here because it wasn't one of PDP prayers.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Truthisunique2: 12:14pm On May 11, 2022
ityP:

Why are you fighting him? He is saying Malami and others do not even need to resign according to the court of appeal
grin my guy my head dn full jare

I associate his moniker to tilumbu zombies before even replying him

Anyway enough of this court talk, may is already here and everyone would see who becomes flagbearer

So I don't like all this inconsequential talk

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Uzoisaga(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2022
drlateef:

What are we going to do about these wailers. Rain fall ,they wail, rain didn’t fall, they wail. What do they want

Don't be a daft perpetually. Is it that you don't know the provisions in that document this inglorious legal merchants that called themselves judges just set aside?
Are you not worried that democracy is in the gutters with this kind of attack on law and conscience?
The lawmakers for the first time in this Major General's regime that they stood their ground to bring some sanity to our political atmosphere by asking the political appointees to step aside if they have political ambition.
ONLY FOR THESE REPULSIVE JUDGES TO THROW THAT TO THE GUTTERS.
No wonder all of the Ministers refused to resign all along. Even the shameless CBN midget of a governor to also sit on top our national treasury, election sensitive materials and still want to contest. Soon INEC chairman will follow suit.
Yet, you see no wrong in all these and still defend your dullardino-in-chief.
I tuale 4 u

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Popesuccess(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2022
Mynd44:

Those that are affected by that section of that act will have go back to high court to file another case. Because according to the judgement even though that section Is unconstitutional, the man Is file the case Is not the right person to do so.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by anataala: 12:16pm On May 11, 2022
That controversial section of the electoral act still remain null and void, therefore PDP and NASS lost it. Case closed.
Nonpartisan1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-appeal-court-sets-aside-judgment-voiding-section-8412-of-electoral-act-2022/
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by ityP(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2022
MikoB:

Let's wait for the full verdict,the judgement sounds contradictory.

It's clear
Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by MadamExcellency: 12:17pm On May 11, 2022
ityP:

On whose prayers or appeal? The court strike out the judgment of the lower court. The legal opinion of the Judge can't be part of the judgment because it wasn't part of the appeal.

If you want to get the judgment the Judge opined, a party with locus stand has to approach the Court for that .

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by ityP(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin my guy my head dn full jare

I associate his moniker to tilumbu zombies before even replying him

Anyway enough of this court talk, may is already here and everyone would see who becomes flagbearer

So I don't like all this inconsequential talk

Lol. I also used to think the dude is a Tinubu fan o. He may be or may not be, but one thing is sure, he argues politics without sentiments. I don dey notice am for long

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022 by Popesuccess(m): 12:20pm On May 11, 2022
Gozac:

It's not working against them, the section says no appointee should vote or voted for in a primary election without resignation. They still have time to resign because there is no time frame for resignation
the act says 30 days Before the primary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Makinde Faults Atiku’s Silence On Ibadan Explosion / Boko-Haram Kills Students & Fishermen In Maiduguri / Willie Obiano At Anambra Day In Lagos State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.