Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Abia Guber Aspirant Salutes Late Michael Okpara's Statue( VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Guber Aspirant Salutes Late Michael Okpara's Statue( VIDEO) (377 Views)

See How Voters Turned Out To Vote At Michael Okpara Umudike, Abia State / Uche Ogah Voted In His Parlour During Abia Guber Poll(pics) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Guber Aspirant Salutes Late Michael Okpara's Statue( VIDEO) by Metrix147: 12:02pm On May 12, 2022
Abia 2023: Why I Saluted Michael Okpara's Statue Before My Governorship Declaration — Mayor Lucky Igbokwe

An aspirant for office of the governor of Abia State ahead of the 2023 general elections, Mayor Lucky Obinwa Igbokwe has revealed why he stopped over to salute the statue of the Premier of Eastern region, Michael Okpara located at Okpara Square Umuahia, saying it's a sign of honour for a living legend.

Igbokwe had on Tuesday officially declared his intention to run for the plum office of Abia State Governor in 2023 at the State secretariat of his party, the PDP in Umuahia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVFaO4k3xgE
Speaking with ABN TV, the entrepreneur and philanthropist who hails from Umuawa Alaocha in Ohuhu, Umuahia North local government area of Abia said he has made a research of how selfless and energetic the old Premier was, noting that he industrialised the old Eastern region.

Describing M.I Okpara as a great man, Igbokwe said the Premier was a great man worthy of emulation in order to raise the bar of development higher in the Eastern region, particularly Abia State.

He said, "In keeping with his vision, there is need to revive Aba. Aba is our industrial hub, it's the Japan of Africa. So if I emerge the governor of Abia State, I will follow his footsteps with modern facilities.

"We will place premium on mechanised farming, a lot of things will be done in the strength and sincerity of Dr. M.I Okpara."

He said the salute symbolises respect to a man who committed his all in serving his people, adding that some of his legacies are still in existence several decades after he has passed on.

Igbokwe also added that the late Premier who hails from Umuahia is his uncle and remains a living legend who deserves all the respect from the people he served.

He called on people of the state to support in emerging the governor in 2023, assuring that he will make them proud.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-2023-saluted-michael-okparas-statue-governorship-declaration-mayor-igbokwe-video/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove, Marpol

Re: Abia Guber Aspirant Salutes Late Michael Okpara's Statue( VIDEO) by gidgiddy: 12:58pm On May 12, 2022
Its not propaganda alone that will.make you Governor

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Immigration 'not Undertaking Any Recruitment' - Isah Jere Idris / Give Us Peter Obi - It Is Time / "Captain Jamil Is No Longer A Pilot At Azman Air" Airline Distances Self From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.