Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,503 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5585689 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2017
[quote author=lamtam post=61339236][/quote] LA Tam can I get your contact or mobile number pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2017
[quote author=lamtam post=61339236][/quote] Lamtam can I get your contact or mobile number pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2017
Samsamo:
Lamtam can I get your contact or mobile number pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
aliyuthayo:
https://peacesat.com/downloads/ Check for your decoder, update on sp24HD.
software for DSat decoder not included... is there any hope?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nwabueze8(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
please gentllemen is tstv signal active today? l have been tracking it since morning yet no green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Please can someone help me with sp24 on west side. I have other channels on the sat except MTN world wide channels. Someone very knowledgeable on the trick to getting the channels should kindly reply me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dreay01:
Please can someone help me with sp24 on west side. I have other channels on the sat except MTN world wide channels. Someone very knowledgeable on the trick to getting the channels should kindly reply me.
What size of d dish r u using? Ur location?,The kind of decoder u r using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
1.8m ikorodu, Lagos,strong srt 4950e. Strong c-band lnb presently @ 11 'o clock.

bakbayus:

What size of d dish r u using? Ur location?,The kind of decoder u r using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dreay01:

Someone knowledgeable should kindly help with this please.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dreay01:
1.8m ikorodu, Lagos,strong srt 4950e. Strong c-band lnb presently @ 11 'o clock.

Use dis tp 04134V30000 after getting d NTA and odas and ensure u put in d glass in between. Do not put it in too deep sha
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
Thanks, I have nta & other channels @ 90% signal quality except the channels with the TP: 4132 V 30000. What I have is the fibre not a glass in the lnb. What clock position is your lnb and location?

bakbayus:

Use dis tp 04134V30000 after getting d NTA and odas and ensure u put in d glass in between. Do not put it in too deep sha
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nikuchi:

@GeorgeD1,
I must say kudos to you for sparing some time to share with us the recent work on your BUD. Please I would like if you can assist with the dish fabricators contact. I want to get in touch with him.

Nikuchi,
You can get Okey on the following numbers:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dejsam:

congratulations George D..Finally you installed something to nail all the Europe birds...The dish is a good one..i know it very well...have lots of its installed around in my domain tooo

Dejsam,
Its been a while. Thanks for the compliments.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dreay01:
Thanks, I have nta & other channels @ 90% signal quality except the channels with the TP: 4132 V 30000. What I have is the fibre not a glass in the lnb. What clock position is your lnb and location?

Use d tp I gave u. My is 11 'O' Clock as urs bt u nEed dat tp to hit green. Let me know hw it goes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
olenyi:

Bravo @Oga GeorgeD1. As usual always setting the pace with regards to FTA BUD installs.

Seeing the small TV that @Adewest is using, I am just wondering when we will outgrow this style of Satellite installation.

We are all stuck to this analogue way of signal tracking. grin grin grin Lol.

PS: Anyone seeing the finished installation won't know the man hour/resources that went in to this project.

My warm regards.

olenyi,
Brother, your observation is very correct. I share the same opinion with you about using the traditional
combination of TV and decoder for dish tracking. I think it's an obsolete way of doing things in this modern
era. Funny enough i own a slew of sat meters, from Firststrike HD to Satlook Micro G2 but in his professional
wisdom, Adewest declined to use any of these and opted instead for the old but proven method.
Meanwhile, welcome back from the cold!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
GeorgeD1:

olenyi,
Brother, your observation is very correct. I share the same opinion with you about using the traditional
combination of TV and decoder for dish tracking. I think it's an obsolete way of doing things in this modern
era. Funny enough i own a slew of sat meters, from Firststrike HD to Satlook Micro G2 but in his professional
wisdom, Adewest declined to use any of these and opted instead for the old but proven method.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
Faithchild i sight u, long time
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 2:58am On Oct 14, 2017
4134/4132 V 30000 is actually the same tp but I would give it a try this morning. Thanks.

bakbayus:

Use d tp I gave u. My is 11 'O' Clock as urs bt u nEed dat tp to hit green. Let me know hw it goes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chukwuchebe1993: 7:35am On Oct 14, 2017
Gud morni house, pls what is the tracking frequency for ABS3W, dish size and lnbf position pls. (Location port-harcourt) Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2017
GeorgeD1:

olenyi,

Good to have you both on the forum after long. It's not that installers prefer the "analogue" "outdated" method of tracking Sats, it's just d expensive nature of d Meters. Sat signals are rapidly evolving; yesterday it was mpeg2, today mpeg4. What this means is that d expensive Meter you bought awhile ago can become outdated due to tech changes in signals. And then you'd be thinking of buying another. If you look at what an installer earns, you'd then understand why the investment on a Meter may not b regarded as worth the troubles - even though lugging a TV set around with stb can b a hell of inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2017
routsz,
True talk. Cost is really a deal breaker when it comes to sat meters. Firststrike HD was
my first real professional sat meter. I bought it from Amazon and it nearly cost an arm and
a leg. The Satlook Emitor Micro G2-HD came later but fortunately I got that fairly new from
a renowned founding member of this forum and as such I only paid a fraction of the original
price. Then there is the Gecen DVB-S2 SF-6500 which doubles as a reciever. Very sharp
and sensitive tuner but quite pricey as well.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gratiaeo(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
You guys are wonderfull here. Plss can i track channel tv and other Nigeria stations with 60m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
gratiaeo:
You guys are wonderfull here. Plss can i track channel tv and other Nigeria stations with 60m dish?
......U can get Core tvnews, Galaxy tv, tvc news @28e and 16e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Please tp for tstv. I ve already ve 11167H30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gratiaeo(m): 3:38am On Oct 15, 2017
warboy3:
thanks I have those one, I was thinking if i could also get channel, nta and ait
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:07am On Oct 15, 2017
gratiaeo:
thanks I have those one, I was thinking if i could also get channel, nta and ait
only with strong branded decoders with their card pairing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gratiaeo(m): 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
only with strong branded decoders with their card pairing
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Damma(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
Samw:
FREE SATELLITE INSTALLATION TRAINING!!!!!!!!!
This is to inform those that are interested in satellite dish installation training to join a free training,
Lagos training starts by Monday 9th of October 2017
Venue-Banex Hotel & Suites
60 Olorunlogbon Street,
Near Anthony Police Station,
Anthony, Lagos.
Time- 7:30am
Sponsored by Cumii Nigeria
Contact- seyi (Technical Personnel) 09090384928 for more info
Note- Cumii Nigeria will always assign 3 jobs daily to installers after the training without any charge, installers are also invited.
Let's register on - www.technites.com apply for technite

Good Afternoon Mr Seyi and this Honorable House...
Pls do we have any sort of this training in city of Ibadan or is there anyone willing to train me as an intern as I am presently serving in Ibadan...
Thanks so Much...
FTA Lives On
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
pls house, is KSF free still working on multi TV direction?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Damma:

Good Afternoon Mr Seyi and this Honorable House...
Pls do we have any sort of this training in city of Ibadan or is there anyone willing to train me as an intern as I am presently serving in Ibadan...
Thanks so Much...
FTA Lives On
contact me on my number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
warboy3:
Abeg tp for tvc news. Which of the SATs?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by benzberch: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
ishe25:
pls house, is KSF free still working on multi TV direction?
yes is working

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.