Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445251 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samask64: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
Murtad:
pls i want to buy an ACTV decorder but first want to know maybe it support pvu house

pls

if you want to buy I have one .new one
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
koxyz:

3west with 9,5,16 and 28 east absolutely impossible or I don't know something

It is possible....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by myvic70(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
samask64:

if you want to buy I have one .new one
How much and your location
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samask64: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
myvic70:

How much and your location
ekiti 12k call me on07065350850
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2017
guys whatsup with kfs on Ku band.......what's wrong with the kfs on 68e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 8:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Happy sunday, my ogas pls I need ur help about my SRT4922A decoder, the decoder is having power panel problem just recently,and i have taken it to radionic for repair but no solution,pls my question is that,where can I see complete power panel of 4922A or repair it with ease of mind,my location is OSOGBO,or if u have 4922a fairly used for sale let me know,thanks,pls I need ur replies
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Seyilome:
Happy sunday, my ogas pls I need ur help about my SRT4922A decoder, the decoder is having power panel problem just recently,and i have taken it to radionic for repair but no solution,pls my question is that,where can I see complete power panel of 4922A or repair it with ease of mind,my location is OSOGBO,or if u have 4922a fairly used for sale let me know,thanks,pls I need ur replies

Sometimes ago, around 2014 or so, the authorities of STRONG Technologies gave a warning of fake SRT 4922A in the market
The warning included how to detect the fake product and the likely effects of how it will under-perform in the nearest future.

I have attached some of their warning then.

I sincerely hope yours is not one of these fake products: because in general, genuine SRT products last long. They even give on air upgrades, etc

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by myvic70(m): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2017
samask64:
ekiti 12k call me on07065350850
Sorry am in Lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olumideogundare(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
timibare:
guys whatsup with kfs on Ku band.......what's wrong with the kfs on 68e
pls which of the kfs is working nw?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ishe25(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
KWESE ON THE NEXT CARABAO CUP

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wassup with SP24? Channel displaying SP24 Xtra and referring one to SP24 for more sporting actions. Any clues?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyu156(m): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
ishe25:
KWESE ON THE NEXT CARABAO CUP
Any working kfs pls asap
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyu156(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Avubaba:
Wassup with SP24? Channel displaying SP24 Xtra and referring one to SP24 for more sporting actions. Any clues?
Any working kfs?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
My SRT 4922A is not a fake, because i have been using it since 2013,and i have upgraded it over the air without issue,also i bought from reliable mega dealer.what hapened to it was high voltage in our area which spoilt the panel power, I need reliable repairer in Osogbo,pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
^^^ I fear when I read ur unedited post o. Could nt stop scratching my head.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
koxyz:

3west with 9,5,16 and 28 east absolutely impossible or I don't know something

Even after showing you the picture. I don't bet. But give me your house address let me come and show you. And arrange like 50k for me if I could succeed in doing it. I don't talk of what I never put to test. I still have another setup of 3w as primary. With 7w (mbc) and 16e. Bros na practise ooo. I don't believe in getting them until I put them to practice and you see them. So NEVER SAY NEVER. I only believe on what people say with proof. Bros talented people are in this country that might not be able to create but they can modified things more than the owner. Though am still learning. But Am 100% sure of what I posted
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
life707:
Copied

Dish size is everything.

Dish size is everything. LNBs only have a very very very very .... small effect as does receiver
sensitivity. Dish size is everything! Going from a 0.9dB to a 0.1dB does not have the effect of
5mm of dish diameter! and then the lower noise LNB will only help in good weather, virtually no
effect in bad weather.

Bigger dishes provide more signal in all weathers. BUT .. if the dish size cannot be increased for any reason, the lower noise LNB can help a small amount and it MIGHT be just enough to pull in a difficult to receive channel that was just coming in but maybe pixilation or
freezing (a common fault caused usually by lack of signal) was a problem and may be stopped.
0.1dB LNBs!

To achieve 0.1dBs over a significant frequency range, manufacturers would need super
cooling to slow the electrons down! Simply not possible at normal temperatures in the UK. It may
well be the case that the new 0.1dB LNBs have the lowest noise figures. They are very good LNBs.
Possibly even be the best, but they really can't be as low as 0.1dB or 0.2dB over any kind of
useful frequency range if at all.

Some of us are getting old! I can still remember - when I was a
kid - back in the late 1950s early 1960s - not sure when - being told you could get a great picture
on the TV with an aerial shaped like a PLANT POT that could be stood on top of the TV.
(even with a plastic plant inside it!) We all now know that what was really needed was a decent
sized aerial on the roof (and preferably not in the loft - which can produce reflections!

Many people would like technology without wires in sealed boxes (like my wife, she will insist
on having the stuff in cabinets with doors on. This is better known as an cooking the technology
in an oven as it stops ventilation and creates a fire risks).

Many also want the smallest possible dish so the question is - "find an alternative solution to
getting more signal" BUT ... no matter how much people might want to .....
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS! "Dish size is everything." It is a question that we hear
every day and sometimes customer think that if they ask the question in 4 or 5 different ways, they
will eventually hear a different answer.

To repeat - Dish size is everything! Dish size is everything!

Thanks for telling them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
davodyguy:

We are still waiting for TSTV
We are told that before Xmas. Thanks for the support
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ismy5000:

We are told that before Xmas. Thanks for the support
NFTV (New frontier TV) on Astra 2f showed the way last week Sunday. The man city Game was streamed on the channel live via NBCsport on IPTV. No one would know cos it was showing as if it was a satellite/Cable channel, save the fact that the mouse cursor was shows. Those who have IPTV boxes can relate with this
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by edobor108(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
i just bought a qsat q23g,but at the back it say's made in China,so i want to be sure if it the original.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donqx: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seyilome:

panel is in lagos but repaired one.if you buy.may not last.just check jumia or konga save yourself and buy 4955 srt factory upgraded from a seller name CTYtechnogies or ctytek
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donqx: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
edobor108:
i just bought a qsat q23g,but at the back it say's made in China,so i want to be sure if it the original.

90percent of decoders are made in china even the original strong decoders.

but still doesn't guaranty if yours isn't clone or not.check the imei on manual and pack does it tallies
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2017
Dlee1:

You are welcome on board. At this stage it will be difficult for you to do the work yourself, so I advice you to buy one 90cm dish and one 60cm dish and contact a professional installer to do the installation for you. Ask the installer to use the 90cm for Eutelsat 7A @ 7°W (MBC) then the 60cm dish Eutelsat 16A @16°E (TVC) and Astra 2f @28.2 °E (Joy TV). Ask him for other items that is needed for the installation.
What is the to for TVC news on 16e and why is Megachoice showing red? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2017
My 4930L decided to pack-off.
I took it to a dealer who told me I can't wake it up again, that the board don die.
I decided to call Strong Tech Abuja and I was told no spare part for the series again.
Please help.I need a rugged receiver that will last and satisfy my FTA desires.
I am missing those birds now o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by koxyz: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ismy5000:

Even after showing you the picture. I don't bet. But give me your house address let me come and show you. And arrange like 50k for me if I could succeed in doing it. I don't talk of what I never put to test. I still have another setup of 3w as primary. With 7w (mbc) and 16e. Bros na practise ooo. I don't believe in getting them until I put them to practice and you see them. So NEVER SAY NEVER. I only believe on what people say with proof. Bros talented people are in this country that might not be able to create but they can modified things more than the owner. Though am still learning. But Am 100% sure of what I posted
Congratulations on your feat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olumideogundare(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
aliyu156:
Any working kfs pls asap
pls who is watching kwese free sport?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
What's the new frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
Olumideogundare:
pls who is watching kwese free sport?

Yea,live on C-band like never before Belintersat @51e.

Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olumideogundare(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
Monlo:

Yea,live on C-band like never before Belintersat @51e.

Enjoy
ok thanks..pls can you help me with tracking tips?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
please guys what's the frequency for tstv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
flashyberry:
please guys what's the frequency for tstv
11088H30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
11051/11052 tp Tstv is not stable , no quality signal for the past two days. Unfortunately, MBC, Algezeera, etc. channels has stopped showing.

Pls., does anyone having same experience @ the moment.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.