Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5432260 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 5:30am On Jan 05, 2018
IRAPADA:
yes working well on my q11
Thnx so much. Now I have hope. Going to try it out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2018
Tennis enthusiasts?

Are you watching the Hopman cup on Dubai sports?

With the way Roger Federer is playing, he's gonna win in Melbourne, the AU open.

Anyone wanna bet?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Euroadams:
Please am trying to track a motorized 2.4m mesh dish using c+Ku combined lnb but I couldn't hit green on either c or Ku band from any satellite which obviously means am doing something wrong. Please it's my first time of tracking with c+Ku lnb. Is there any special setting I need to do on the decoder. Please help o
For newbies, it advisable to that motorised installation first time with experienced installer.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2018
davodguy:

For newbies, it advisable to that motorised installation first time with experienced installer.
Thanks bro
Am not entirely a newbie
I have tracked several satellite dishes but offset and prime focus using Ku and linear c band lnb
My problem is have never tracked with combined C+Ku lnb this is my first attempt.
When I attached a strong short neck Ku lnb I was able to get some satellite from both east and west.
My problem now is how to do same with the C+Ku lnb. I was wondering if someone who has track with the lnb could point me in the right direction.
I can rule out that the lnb is bad because I get 80-90% strength level on connecting the f-connector
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by just4kelvin(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2018
Please can anybody confirm if the signal for sp24 is back?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Euroadams:

Thanks bro
Am not entirely a newbie
I have tracked several satellite dishes but offset and prime focus using Ku and linear c band lnb
My problem is have never tracked with combined C+Ku lnb this is my first attempt.
When I attached a strong short neck Ku lnb I was able to get some satellite from both east and west.
My problem now is how to do same with the C+Ku lnb. I was wondering if someone who has track with the lnb could point me in the right direction.
I can rule out that the lnb is bad because I get 80-90% strength level on connecting the f-connector
Many of us have done that. I have a 2.6m mesh that I'm using. It's motorized. I advised you get an installer, whilst he's doing it, you learn it once. From there, don't call anyone again.

You start with KU 68.5° then Libya with C band for alignment of East and west. You need to align east and west, or use 68.5° east and use AFN 0.8° west with KU. Once you align, adjust and tighten up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2018
davodguy:

Many of us have done that. I have a 2.6m mesh that I'm using. It's motorized. I advised you get an installer, whilst he's doing it, you learn it once. From there, don't call anyone again.

You start with KU 68.5° then Libya with C band for alignment of East and west. You need to align east and west, or use 68.5° east and use AFN 0.8° west with KU. Once you align, adjust and tighten up
Thanks man for your response
I will surely figure out a way forward hopefully with the help of someone
I mean where is the fun in the game if it doesn't stress you
It will only take time
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 11:01am On Jan 05, 2018
merrypakman:
please who is receiving AFN @ 9e in Abuja. its off on my 90cm and my friend's 1m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2018
arbourboateng:
They are off for now, let's wait and hope maybe they will provide a new frequency.

I checked last night and the signal had dropped from 65/66 to 51/52% on the same TP on 4922A but still "green" on 2.4m solid dish in southern GH. Signal on East side is about 63%.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
Euroadams:
Please am trying to track a motorized 2.4m mesh dish using c+Ku combined lnb but I couldn't hit green on either c or Ku band from any satellite which obviously means am doing something wrong. Please it's my first time of tracking with c+Ku lnb. Is there any special setting I need to do on the decoder. Please help o

Any working lnb will give you signal if pointed at the correct sat I.e. c lnb to c sat or Ku lnb to Ku sat. Of course under dish settings of your stb you put Ku settings for Ku lnb and c band settings for cband lnb.

For a combined c+Ku lnb you can use a diseqc switch and connect the c to one port and the Ku to another port. You then have to tell the stb in dish settings which satellite is Ku and which one is cband so that it switches to the correct lnb when you tell it which sat you want.

Positioners (motor controllers) use diseqc commands just like diseqc switches. Here is the catch, some controllers don't allow the commands to pass through to reach the diseqc switch which can be s problem. Remove the switch and test directly first with Ku then with cband if you don't get a signal then four possible issues:

I. You are not on the arc. Use a normal lnb to check that you are able to lock on sats all along the arc.
2. The skew is wrong. C+ ku lnbs have a small arrow at the top for skew alignment. Use that to set the correct skew.
3. The lnb is not aligned to the middle of the dish. These lnbs are heavier than normal and can shift when dish is moving. Check that it is pointing straight and the screws are tight.
4. Maybe the lnb is faulty.

Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabianc: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello guys compliment of the season... I have been trying to nail nigcomsat with powersat decorder but no success, not even a flash of green. Am in the east please can anyone proffer a solution for me, I really have to nail that sat today before I leave for Abuja tomorrow. Thanks guys.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lunsat:

Any working lnb will give you signal if pointed at the correct sat I.e. c lnb to c sat or Ku lnb to Ku sat. Of course under dish settings of your stb you put Ku settings for Ku lnb and c band settings for cband lnb.

For a combined c+Ku lnb you can use a diseqc switch and connect the c to one port and the Ku to another port. You then have to tell the stb in dish settings which satellite is Ku and which one is cband so that it switches to the correct lnb when you tell it which sat you want.

Positioners (motor controllers) use diseqc commands just like diseqc switches. Here is the catch, some controllers don't allow the commands to pass through to reach the diseqc switch which can be s problem. Remove the switch and test directly first with Ku then with cband if you don't get a signal then four possible issues:

I. You are not on the arc. Use a normal lnb to check that you are able to lock on sats all along the arc.
2. The skew is wrong. C+ ku lnbs have a small arrow at the top for skew alignment. Use that to set the correct skew.
3. The lnb is not aligned to the middle of the dish. These lnbs are heavier than normal and can shift when dish is moving. Check that it is pointing straight and the screws are tight.
4. Maybe the lnb is faulty.

Good luck.
Thanks man
I will definitely need all the good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BuhariCarryGo: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
just4kelvin:
Please can anybody confirm if the signal for sp24 is back?
Yes they are back live and active
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simonnkhoma: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
captainus:

I checked last night and the signal had dropped from 65/66 to 51/52% on the same TP on 4922A but still "green" on 2.4m solid dish in southern GH. Signal on East side is about 63%.
Brother, is 4922A showing??

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BuhariCarryGo: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
davodguy:
Tennis enthusiasts?

Are you watching the Hopman cup on Dubai sports?

With the way Roger Federer is playing, he's gonna win in Melbourne, the AU open.

Anyone wanna bet?
Yes 4 sure because top players are missing in the tournamen
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
?can one still receive sp24 with 1.8m dish in south east nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
BuhariCarryGo:
Yes 4 sure because top players are missing in the tournamen
Which top players? Murray's always a boy to Federer. The only time he defeated federer in a major final was at the London Olympics in 2O12 tennis final.

The only person I fear is that Novak Djokovic. That guy has the key to unlock federer on hard surface.
I also fear that tall Argentine, Del Potro. He defeated Roger at the 1/4 final at the US open, 2O17
As for Nadal, he's our boy.
Cilic
Grigor. Dimitrov
Alexander. Zverev
Dominic. Thiem
David. Goffin
Jack. Sock
Stan. Wawrinka
Pablo. Carreno Busta
Juan Martin. del Potro
Sam. Querrey
Kevin. Anderson
Jo-Wilfried. Tsonga
All these players will participate.

Melbourne gonna be fantastic. If I had time, don't mind junketeering like Buhari to AU to go watch the competition

grin tongue
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lexxybb: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please what tp can I use to track 68.5° east (old mytv) on a 60cm dish. I need help ASAP. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
lexxybb:
Please what tp can I use to track 68.5° east (old mytv) on a 60cm dish. I need help ASAP. Thanks
12722[v]26657
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BuhariCarryGo: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
davodguy:

Which top players? Murray's always a boy to Federer. The only time he defeated federer in a major final was at the London Olympics in 2O12 tennis final.

The only person I fear is that Novak Djokovic. That guy has the key to unlock federer on hard surface.
I also fear that tall Argentine, Del Potro. He defeated Roger at the 1/4 final at the US open, 2O17
As for Nadal, he's our boy.
Cilic
Grigor. Dimitrov
Alexander. Zverev
Dominic. Thiem
David. Goffin
Jack. Sock
Stan. Wawrinka
Pablo. Carreno Busta
Juan Martin. del Potro
Sam. Querrey
Kevin. Anderson
Jo-Wilfried. Tsonga
All these players will participate.

Melbourne gonna be fantastic. If I had time, don't mind junketeering like Buhari to AU to go watch the competition

grin tongue
3 top players nadal,djoko and wawrinka all doutful for the tournament so roger may find it easy going for the title, as his fan i wish him best of luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lunsat:

Its very annoying indeed for TSTV to be allowing us genuine FTA supporters to watch their wonderful channels for free. I am endorsing you Amaolowo as our Oga to mobilise all ASAS members to demand that TSTV encrypt their channels quickly because we are anxious and in a hurry to pay.

I rescanned the ABS 3 W TStv decoder using the *Blind Scan* option

I was pleasantly surprised at these new additional channels that came out of the TStv FTA decoder

- FashionBox, (11052 H 30000)
-FilmBox Africa,
-FilmBox Arthouse Africa,
-DocuBox
-FightBox and
-FightnFunBox
-TravelXPHD (11098 H 30000)
- Tiwan'Tiwa
- AIT International
- TVC News Nigeria
- TVC Entertainment
- TRT World
- Travel xpHD

These new channels are in addition being added to the over 40 channels in place since October 2017

Nobody seems to know what plans they have in the New Year

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Orgym(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hi Gurus, any FTA channel to show Carling cup next week?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2018
I just feel no matter the amount of news and entertainment channels they add, if they don't figure out the SPORTS aspect, precisely, EPL and Champions league, na still wash dem go be
omaolowo:

I rescanned the ABS 3 W TStv decoder using the *Blind Scan* option

I was pleasantly surprised at these new additional channels that came out of the TStv FTA decoder

- FashionBox, (11052 H 30000)
-FilmBox Africa,
-FilmBox Arthouse Africa,
-DocuBox
-FightBox and
-FightnFunBox
-TravelXPHD (11098 H 30000)
- Tiwan'Tiwa
- AIT International
- TVC News Nigeria
- TVC Entertainment
- TRT World
- Travel xpHD

These new channels are in addition being added to the over 40 channels in place since October 2017

Nobody seems to know what plans they have in the New Year
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SayDeeJay: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2018
Please, is SP24 on the West back on 1.8m?
Please, I need urgent response.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2018
captainus:

UPDATE :signal back to 68% this morning
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by PercyK: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
ucheo:
?can one still receive sp24 with 1.8m dish in south east nigeria
Yes....still showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by PercyK: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
Please has anyone been able to track AFN on 9°E in Enugu on 1.3m ku band dish...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BuhariCarryGo: 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
Urgently need signal 6 keys pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
BuhariCarryGo:
Urgently need signal 6 keys pls help
41 5A 41 DC 4D 54 56 F7

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daiyabuahmed: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Pls friends, I need tstv box urgently in Gombe state. Pls, here is my contact: 08161613494.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
Pls guys I need dubai one new TP on Nilesat 7w, or have they migrated to another sat?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.