Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1777) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438944 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2018
paulowas:

For instance I have joy prime channel as no1 ,boom TV channel as no 5 ,hit TV channel as no 10.if l want to track multi TV 4955 without TV ,l will have to press no 1 in the remote and start tracking,if I want to track eut.16a,i will press no5 and start tracking
The only drawback about it is knowing the signal strength.
But..., what do I do if I want to track a satellite that have not been tracked with the receiver? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ab221(m): 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
elidi:
Please guys, is it possible to track Eutelsat 16A and NicomSat on the same dish (60 or 90cm)? Is there loveworld plus on Nicomsat? Thank [b][/b]
Good question.. please someone should help us with the answer, and if possible which should be primary and where to place the second Lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obyback: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dlee1:
But..., what do I do if I want to track a satellite that have not been tracked with the receiver? grin grin grin
Sir, what interesting sat is your 2.4m offset pointed to, mine is facing badr and I am not enjoying it at all. Any suggestions?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
ab221:

Good question.. please someone should help us with the answer, and if possible which should be primary and where to place the second .
Yes it is possible. 42e should be your primary while 16e your secondary with a 90cm dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dlee1:
use your personal decoder otherwise you have to scan the channels of whatever sat you are tracking
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dlee1:
use your personal decoder otherwise scan the channels first before tracking,its easy for an experienced installer and I don't want to talk about it anymore ,use your professionalism as you will be face with other drawback when you are to track multiple Sats.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
abohwun:
It has a sound when lock to the signal but without tv how will you set the frequency of the satellite you want to track? Explain.
Wait let me ask wizkid... smiley

Ok good.
Since basically you cant have a decoder without a TV. First input tp. Then take decoder only outside for tracking.

Oya my likes and shares... cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Nicomsat is okay,the only thing missing there is a good Nigeria Movie channel and waptv
but true is showning it now.... Pls give all the tp u have on nigcomsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ab221(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
holyaustin:

Yes it is possible. 42e should be your primary while 16e your secondary with a 90cm dish.
Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
Spy360:

Don't be so sure boy. You can track with that decoder even without tv.
My lovely aburo, you will be wasting your time using srt 4955b to track 9e and other satellites that doesn't have strong signal in Nigeria. You may be lucky with DStv, joy or eutelsat 16 without using tv along with your decoder but not with 9e. Besides you may roast yourself in the sun trying to pick signal with SRT 4955b fixing your eyes on the front panel until it displays green indicating it has got the signal. in addition to this, you will need to be adjusting your dish every time until you got good signal on the tv screen after using the decoder alone to track satellite. You can try 9e with ordinary SRT 4955b with or without tv and come around to come and share your testimony my little boy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
holyaustin:

@ holyaustin, its very difficult and I don't think anyone has done that on a 90cm dish,I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Cheny:

@ holyaustin, its very difficult and I don't think anyone has done that on a 90cm dish,I stand to be corrected though.
If you are in northern part of the country or region towards north, it is visible but in Lagos, you will need at least 1m dish to get almost all the tps on 16e using 42e as primary on 1m but with 90cm, you will just get one or two tps.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
philipbash:
If you are in northern part of the country or region towards north, it is visible but in Lagos, you will need at least 1m dish to get almost all the tps on 16e using 42e as primary on 1m but with 90cm, you will just get one or two tps.
It's Ok.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojolfc(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
Good day to all gurus in da Building.
Pls I need tp for Nigcomsat.
Urgently plssss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
obyback:

Sir, what interesting sat is your 2.4m offset pointed to, mine is facing badr and I am not enjoying it at all. Any suggestions?
Maybe you do what I did here.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obyback: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dlee1:

Maybe you do what I did here.
Nice setup, thanks. what brand of is that your primary lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ojolfc:
Good day to all gurus in da Building.
Pls I need tp for Nigcomsat.
Urgently plssss

12518 H 29500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
philipbash:
My lovely aburo, you will be wasting your time using srt 4955b to track 9e and other satellites that doesn't have strong signal in Nigeria. You may be lucky with DStv, joy or eutelsat 16 without using tv along with your decoder but not with 9e. Besides you may roast yourself in the sun trying to pick signal with SRT 4955b fixing your eyes on the front panel until it displays green indicating it has got the signal. in addition to this, you will need to be adjusting your dish every time until you got good signal on the tv screen after using the decoder alone to track satellite. You can try 9e with ordinary SRT 4955b with or without tv and come around to come and share your testimony my little boy
good talk my brother
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 30, 2018
philipbash:
Hello bro, you know how difficult it is for some people to handle calculus and algebra (Maths) while others deal with it as if it ain't "sh__t"(mind my language) So, as many of us would have difficulty in a field, some few can deal with it easily .
As much as we live in a democratic world, I do respect your opinion and hope we could accommodate opposing views too... One love! Same love!!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MrSuama(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2018
Gurus, can Joytv and Nigcomsat be installed on the same 90cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nkdave: 6:45am On Jun 30, 2018
abohwun:
Trybe tv is showing naija movies 24/7 but waptv is missing. For Philistine telenovela and Indian Series Telesvista is there. Tvc News, Ait, Nta Parliamentary, Nta Intl, NTA, galaxy tv, core tv, Baby Tv and many more on nigcomsat.

Ya dai, kwana biu. Pls what direction should the LNB face in other to get the Nigcomsat.? Za mu gwada shi yau ko gobe, by God's Grace. Tun locacin bamu sake gwada wancan TSTV kuma fa.

Also, I don't know if software for that my D-sat decoder has changed, if yes, kan dan tura mun any sabon software a email na wa.

Sannu.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 6:49am On Jun 30, 2018
MrSuama:
Gurus, can Joytv and Nigcomsat be installed on the same 90cm dish?
Capital Yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SimpleTee: 8:31am On Jun 30, 2018
Spy360:

Don't be so sure boy. You can track with that decoder even without tv.

I had thought you were going to refer to a device like this Free Sat V8 Finder when you asserted that one track: even without a Tv

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2018
Spy360:

While you are absolutely correct. I think you are silly for calling me boy. I may be your father's classmate. Isi aki...
Hello bro! Do understand how you feel but remember we're in an era of increased BP(blood pressure) disease.. Would not want to be a victim huh!!! Just let it slip.. Have a wonderful day..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 10:24am On Jun 30, 2018
Spy360:

While you are absolutely correct. I think you are silly for calling me boy. I may be your father's classmate. Isi aki...
Because you have access to phone, you think you are now matured my little boy. When you are calling your senior brother boy in your first comment, you think me that is your uncle will allow it to slip out just like that. I will continue to correct you until you grow up to a matured age of 18 and you learn how to address people online my little brat.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2018
Good morning all. Please is MBC on Joy TV position still working? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2018
To all those looking for a USB wifi stick compatible with Tiger receivers , I recommend the RT3070 or RT5370 and you can get them at https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=70803004&initiative_id=AS_20180630022234&SearchText=rt5370.
I have tested them and they work.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
adubam:
Good morning all. Please is MBC on Joy TV position still working? Thanks.

I need help on this. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
adubam:

I need help on this. Thanks.
12284h27500 to track both MBC & joy TV together use 12520v30000 to track joy TV after u get maximum % like 90% upward try to adjust ur dish a little bit up to reduce ur % on 12520v30000 to 63 or 65% den tight ur dish both will cum by den

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfunkynation(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
Spy360:

hahahahafgagaga
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfunkynation(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
philipbash:
Because you have access to phone, you think you are now matured my little boy. When you are calling your senior brother boy in your first comment, you think me that is your uncle will allow it to slip out just like that. I will continue to correct you until you grow up to a matured age of 18 and you learn how to address people online my little brat.
i didnt read this oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.