Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441346 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jarrot(m): 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dlee1:

Yeah bro.
It is sold at that rate just because of the one year subscription for MYTv that is preloaded on the said receiver.

Good evening sir
Pls can you help with any H265 decorder that won't break bank ?
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dlee1:

Hello Mr Ismy5000.
What you wrote up there is true. Am not after dark side for now. It is always good to compare and review some satellite receivers here. If we have been comparing and reviewing some receiver here, it would have been easier for one to choose a better product that one desire. I want a receiver with HVEC, multistream, sensitive tuner and good GUI features. I don't know if SRT 497S, Hellobox V5+ has these features mentioned above.

Am familiar with hellobox v5+. Its graphics was tremendous. Iptv work flawlessly on it.
It comes with inbuilt account . Though i didnt check which sat the account opens . But I dont think its multi stream.
It seems the latest csat c8 will be best bet for you. It has all the feature you are looking for and more
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls make Una give us names and brands of cheap H265 decoders so that we too can follow enjoy,I am just angry now my useless digicom decoder doesn't support it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
jarrot:

Good evening sir
Thanks

Hello jarrot,
...I think Tiger M5 is OK but the receiver is too miniature for my liking. It was sold for about 5k sometime last year at Onitsha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ismy5000:

Am familiar with hellobox v5+. Its graphics was tremendous. Iptv work flawlessly on it.
It comes with inbuilt account . Though i didnt check which sat the account opens . But I dont think its multi stream.
It seems the latest csat c8 will be best bet for you. It has all the feature you are looking for and more

Thanks to you Ismy5000 for your response. I will check that csat c8 receiver very soon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
davodyguy:

This is good.

What type of LNB are you using?

Secondly, what the condition of the dish? Refurbished or bought brand new?
stargold Dubai 4ways, Refurbished
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT2: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
davodyguy:

What's the condition of your dish?
used, but might need refurbishment, I will decide on that after installation. If 11sport comes out easy and stable will not for now but if not stable I will go ahead with refurbishment
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jarrot(m): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dlee1:

Hello jarrot,
...I think Tiger M5 is OK but the receiver is too miniature for my liking. It was sold for about 5k sometime last year at Onitsha.

Thanks I appreciate you sir!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
timibare:
stargold Dubai 4ways, Refurbished
I'm using Stargold two ways, but it seems its malfunction already.

Noticed from last night that the signal quality started dropping on its own. Had to check if it was raining, checked the diseqc, checked the coaxial cable but still doing same thing.

I'm thinking of changing it. While watching, after 30 seconds, I'll see signal weak. After 10 secs, it come back full and continue doing that till now.

I decided to experiment.

By default, the LNB power on the blue Background Decoder is 13v/18v.

I changed to 18v, then it became stable.

After 2 hours, all channels went again to signal weak, I then had to return LNB power to 13v/18v, and most of them are back on.

The LNB needs replacement
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
TSHIRT2:
used, but might need refurbishment, I will decide on that after installation. If 11sport comes out easy and stable will not for now but if not stable I will go ahead with refurbishment
Best decision.

Hope it works out, so you can save cost
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
olason:
Hello house, i did carry out a surgery work on my dish this past weekend with one of the best and very amiable, gentle gurus around Umassor, by name. i wasn't satisfied with my signal on hotbird especially with fox sport at 56%. So on that wet saturday ..just imagine Umassor his brother and i set out to work, it was very lively, fun watching him at work. We tried about 12 different LnBs jus to see the best of them, this are high end LnBs, just to mention a few, we had inverto utra, fuji star gold, digisat, old fuji, etc. we tried them one after the other. it was so much fun seeing what signal percentage each one of the LNBs gave us. After series of tape measurement, adjusting here and there, bolts, angle inclination, and so on and despite the drizzling rain we where able to add wait...8% gain on foxsport, from 56 to 64 on a 3meter dish. even on my hispasat that i was formally getting 56-57 jump to 64% too. On hotbird initially i had about 950 channels suddenly jumped to 1,049 channels, also i was getting about 84 channels on Hispasat suddenly jumped to 139 channels, even Nilesat dat i was having 134 stations suddenly became 254, i said wao!! this cant be true, this a good testimony to the fact that you can always achieve more when u put your best into somting you love and that 3 heads is better than one. which LNB did the job? its d oneway star gold LNB.. the old type ooo. most of the new ones are fake. My humble Appreciation goes to my brother, my friend UMASSOR Wilson the only guy i know that has tracked PTVSPORT in lagos with 4meter, who despite the rain came all the way to my base , to you brother too, to my sweet wife who provided entertainment for us i say thank you and God bless.
I had to highlight a part in Olason's post LNB from his 2015 experiment
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 6:26am On Jan 16, 2020
Seyilome:
Pls make Una give us names and brands of cheap H265 decoders so that we too can follow enjoy,I am just angry now my useless digicom decoder doesn't support it.
Range t20 is 10k or less

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iabdulrazaq(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2020
I have strong decoder srt497s for sale 22k

1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 8:01am On Jan 16, 2020
umbo:
Range t20 is 10k or less
Thanks, but where can someone get these kind of decoders in Osun state ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2020
Please Help ,am having and issue with viewsat decoder. there is a signal on the dish with negomsat the decoder is showing before with the Sat on it. The problem now is that is not showing no signal even when there is signal on the dish. please what could be the problem rest as been done still the same thing. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2020
sharaff6:
Please Help ,am having and issue with viewsat decoder. there is a signal on the dish with negomsat the decoder is showing before with the Sat on it. The problem now is that is not showing no signal even when there is signal on the dish. please what could be the problem rest as been done still the same thing. Thanks
if u are using 4655 it has problem wt that tp.sometimes it will not accept d tp itself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
sharaff6:

Have noticed this on viewsat decoders....freq 12519 on nigcomsat cracks alot but works fine on other decoder ...especially the latest viewsat 4922....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2020
Seyilome:

Thanks, but where can someone get these kind of decoders in Osun state ?
It is on sale here in ilorin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Legendguru: 9:31am On Jan 16, 2020
umbo:
It is on sale here in ilorin

Check Konga website to buy complete set free to air Equipments sellers like ctytechnologies, electronicsmarket and ctygadgets are reliable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2020
jarrot:

Good evening sir
Thanks
i have used tiger t8 ultra for sale at 10k pm me on whatsapp on 08132581046.and also new starsat sr 4050hd with forever server and apollo and myhd iptv for 1 year
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
iabdulrazaq:
I have strong decoder srt497s for sale 22k
Oga, I think this your price is way too high. Brand new is 18.5k with 1 year MYTV subscription.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sharaff6(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2020
umbo:
if u are using 4655 it has problem wt that tp.sometimes it will not accept d tp itself
am using 9900hd what is the solution pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by michealblakky: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
davodyguy:

I'm using Stargold two ways, but it seems its malfunction already.

Noticed from last night that the signal quality started dropping on its own. Had to check if it was raining, checked the diseqc, checked the coaxial cable but still doing same thing.

I'm thinking of changing it. While watching, after 30 seconds, I'll see signal weak. After 10 secs, it come back full and continue doing that till now.

I decided to experiment.

By default, the LNB power on the blue Background Decoder is 13v/18v.

I changed to 18v, then it became stable.

After 2 hours, all channels went again to signal weak, I then had to return LNB power to 13v/18v, and most of them are back on.

The LNB needs replacement

Use invert black HD ultra lnb and enjoy better network signal. Best lnb so far. It has both single and dual
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
michealblakky:

Use invert black HD ultra lnb and enjoy better network signal. Best lnb so far. It has both single and dual
Thanks.

I have the single Inverto Ultra Black, will try to change on saturday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
sharaff6:
am using 9900hd what is the solution pls
in put 12538 h 5000 if it hits green den input 12518 h 29500 den do tp scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
davodyguy:
Good evening guys.

I need suggestion on this.

The best ku band Lnb for fringe Satellites like 9e and Hotbird 13e on refurbished 4m dish.

Presently using Star Gold 2 way (the high end) but the Horizontal TPs still disappears from 7:00pm.

Don't know how invertor Black would perform but I'm ready to experiment on LNB provided it's original.

Similarly, which diseqc 8 way is the best? Most of these China products are failing already and affecting signal
That's so typical of Stargold Fuji. I will strongly recommend Technomate or Wiztech LNBs. Or simply Original SRT 4ways as it also performs surprisingly well in your clines based on its price.
If you are able to get your hands on original Inverto Ultra Black you are also covered. Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Which decoder is csat pro? I was told that tiger m5 is no longer available but the cast pro is a better alternative
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
yawwilson:
Good day folks! No receiver/Decoder is 100%. But looking at current trends, a good receiver should be H265 UHD, anything less is old-school. For encryptions (which should not be mentioned here often).. receivers should be autoroll and working, not deceptive market strategies.There must also be a dedicated support forum..
You must be a tech prophet!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
Talibanis:

That's so typical of Stargold Fuji. I will strongly recommend Technomate or Wiztech LNBs. Or simply Original SRT 4ways as it also performs surprisingly well in your clines based on its price.
If you are able to get your hands on original Inverto Ultra Black you are also covered. Good luck.
Thanks

Where can I get any of the ones recommended and original?

Those guys in Dubai refused to reply enquires, if what I would purchased one from them in September
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iabdulrazaq(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Oga, I think this your price is way too high. Brand new is 18.5k with 1 year MYTV subscription.
how much will you buy. It's new and also comes with 1year my tv sub
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=Talibanis post=85851504]
If you are able to get your hands on original Inverto Ultra Black you are also covered. Good luck.[/quote

I agree with you Wiztech is one of the best lnbs around.It however must be stated that its strength is on pan/metal dishes. I've tried technomate 4way on pan BUD but the performance wasn't great.It maybe suitable on fibre dishes because I've heard/seen great reviews on technomate so it maybe great but on specific dishes.
Will you be able to share your experience on the Original SRT 4ways especially its performance on pan dishes relative to Wiztech ?Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2020
davodyguy:

Thanks

Where can I get any of the ones recommended and original?

Those guys in Dubai refused to reply enquires, if what I would purchased one from them in September
Send me a pm and I will drop contacts in which you can purchase from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.