Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439665 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]is dis real?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lanceosas: [color=#006600][/color]is dis real?
O boy i've been asking myself that question since i saw the picture ooo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
NIGCOMSAT satellite broadcasting can generate N20bn monthly

The MD of Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT), Timansaniyu Ahmed-Rufai, has said that it can generate N20billion monthly through its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite broadcasting.

According to Nigeria's Leadership newspaper, Ahmed-Rufai said: “NIGCOMSAT has the capacity to create 100,000 jobs in the country in just a year if the various products developed by it were fully bought into by the government. Also the DTH satellite broadcasting, which was developed and produced totally by NIGCOMSAT’s engineers, would enable viewers to receive a minimum of 200 to 300 channels and would make satellite broadcast available in the rural and semi-rural areas where cable is difficult to install.”
Louise Duffy | 24-10-2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
Pidzo: NIGCOMSAT satellite broadcasting can generate N20bn monthly

The MD of Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT), Timansaniyu Ahmed-Rufai, has said that it can generate N20billion monthly through its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite broadcasting.

According to Nigeria's Leadership newspaper, Ahmed-Rufai said: “NIGCOMSAT has the capacity to create 100,000 jobs in the country in just a year if the various products developed by it were fully bought into by the government. Also the DTH satellite broadcasting, which was developed and produced totally by NIGCOMSAT’s engineers, would enable viewers to receive a minimum of 200 to 300 channels and would make satellite broadcast available in the rural and semi-rural areas where cable is difficult to install.”
Louise Duffy | 24-10-2012
No b only to tok matta. Na action we want c!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
@all
The cries for the red classic lnb will be over soonest as I have almost concluded logistics to get true to chief Odilibe.
I need serious people interested to plz add their names and location for the lnb.
Let it be repeated more on this page so I can have all names or possibly send me mail to ikiriye@gmail.com cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Strong with another Hd decoder srt4922 just as @ yesterday in ibadan #13,500 come with lan port,1hdmi cord included this hd is marvelous 4 that price with d**g ready check your local sat storesgrin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donald303: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ameboperoo
Bros,i have done that too.still same thing.i even tried it on another 69xii and the same signal issh happened.this wahala started like some few months back but i didn't pay attention to it since other fta channels showed tuesday champions league matches then.can someone save my sanity with these 69x boxes?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
GOOD DAY @ALL,PLEASE HELP WIT D VPID,APID&PPID OF D FOLLOWING FTA CHANNELS ON EUTELSAT W4/7:-ATN2(12.273H11.199),EWTN,HOPE,LOVE WORLD,ANALOG TS,EATV,PRESS TV,ITV,STAR TV,CLOUDS TV.It's when I Blind Scan D Sat dat all these channels pop up.ur response wil b highly commended.thankz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]GOOD DAY @ALL,PLEASE HELP WIT D VPID,APID&PPID OF D FOLLOWING FTA CHANNELS ON EUTELSAT W4/7:-ATN2(12.273H11.199),EWTN,HOPE,LOVE WORLD,ANALOG TS,EATV,PRESS TV,ITV,STAR TV,CLOUDS TV.It's when I Blind Scan D Sat dat all these channels pop up.ur response wil b highly commended.thankz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
Pls i have topfield decorder with d smallest dish but nt workin.pls help me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
Oshinmichael: Pls i have topfield decorder with d smallest dish but nt workin.pls help me
pls 4 God sake
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
@donald303 & habib55,i used to hav such problem in those days but i corrected it by changing my ku lnb from 2-3 o'clock position to 7-8 o'clock. so, try dat and see. also try 12732 v 4430 for etv capetown instead of hydepark.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
Oshinmichael: pls 4 God sake
Had you ever watch any free2air on that box b4? What are the channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
Cheny: @donald303 & habib55,i used to hav such problem in those days but i corrected it by changing my ku lnb from 2-3 o'clock position to 7-8 o'clock. so, try dat and see. also try 12732 v 4430 for etv capetown instead of hydepark.
or better change ur lnbf or cable, if you are using more than 1dish check ur diseqc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
@jackobite thanks for d extra info. so, @donald and habib maybe u shuld also check ur diseq,if possible remove it & connect directly and u will notice an improvement in signals.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
For those on sirius @4.8'E . With your dish still facing the satellite, do a blind scan to receive the latest tps on that satellite. For now only ETV tp is active. Other tps like 12.605H29.950 etc are dead. So dont move your dish so that you will not fine it difficult to hook-up with the sat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
Jackobite: Had you ever watch any free2air on that box b4? What are the channels?
love world,ortc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
auchs: For those on sirius @4.8'E . With your dish still facing the satellite, do a blind scan to receive the latest tps on that satellite. For now only ETV tp is active. Other tps like 12.605H29.950 etc are dead. So dont move your dish so that you will not fine it difficult to hook-up with the sat.
I noticed that when using 12605v I couldn't get signal till I checked lyngsat for SES5 tp. Is like all those channels have migrated fully to SES5 12015v the sr remains 29950. Set network search to "ON" to get other tps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by larryenob(m): 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=Cheny]@donald303 & habib55,i used to hav such problem in those days but i corrected it by changing my ku lnb from 2-3 o'clock position to 7-8 o'clock. so, try dat and see. also try 12732 v 4430 for etv capetown instead of hydepark.[/quote
You all should note dis it only happen on 69x n 698ii series when u connect disqec switch with it.
Solution: no real solut. But ensure dat ur signal is high on both den go to dishsettings on ur decoder, den uncommitted change it to 2 or 3 of 16 depending on number of dish. Den go to d freq n wait for it to show green cos it will take little time n u re good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
George_D:

I think Jackobite needs the red head LNB. Using pauxis on 4m dish is a serious abuse! grin
@George_D..I think you have a point here...he do need a red_head LNB grin grin...this reminds me, i just got a new 0.2dB inverto black pro single flange C120 LNB...this lnb looks very tiny or extremely small compared to red-classic quad C120..The purpose was to know if black pro c120 lnb will perform well as the red-classics quad C120_on a prime focus dish,with the respect of it's low noise figure 0.2dB and conversion gain of 63dB ...in this the inverto black sflange lnb will now be reserved for it's future purpose. cool

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lanceosas: [color=#006600][/color]is dis real?
astanco this is a good picture of w3c 16e that you are inquiring about.For those that what to know where to combine dstv and astra(multi tv) using 16e as your reference point ,astra should be above 16e and dstv should be above 28e.

That picture is not real if it were to point to 7w,It should face the sky i think but all the same its educative at least we can learn from it.

keep it coming .

odilibe, lnb with long neck will be better than short neck because that will give us room for adjustment to the f/d of the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=larryenob][/quote].tnx bt pls i've changd d cables,disecq nd evn used diff. Arrangment 4 d port on d disecq,presently i use 3 dish wit d hope of adding 1 soon.pls wot oda way can b used 2 rectify dz signal issue on d 4669 box
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:27am On Oct 25, 2012
obnelly:
odilibe, lnb with long neck will be better than short neck because that will give us room for adjustment to the f/d of the dish.
obnelly, you are right!!LNB with long neck will give room for adjustment..but if you are referring to the C120 LNB on the above picture..this is how it will appear without attaching the Feed-Horn...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2012
@ all. I can see the house is moving on greetings to all. @ George D. Whats the solution to the blackout of tuesday champions league, what happened to joy sport? And this arradiya whats the situation about it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=osef]@ all. I can see the house is moving on greetings to all. @ George D. Whats the solution to the blackout of tuesday champions league, what happened to joy sport? And this arradiya whats the situation about it.[/quote.pls arradiya is on which satelite]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 10:58am On Oct 25, 2012
T[quote author=habib55][/quote]try ETV cape town
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2012
Remmyjex: Ttry ETV cape town
Tnx,i only knw of Etv Ghana nd it dosn't hav audio,pls hw do i get Etv capetown
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
osef: @ all. I can see the house is moving on greetings to all. @ George D. Whats the solution to the blackout of tuesday champions league, what happened to joy sport? And this arradiya whats the situation about it.

@osef,
Yes indeed, the house is moving on. As for Tuesday's blackout, i guess the guys were trying to play smart. Anyways, lets hope
this is not the trend for the remainder of the season. As for arradiya solution, unless you got a terrestrial tuner and you're closer
to Morocco I don't think you can break even any time soon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
habib55: Tnx,i only knw of Etv Ghana nd it dosn't hav audio,pls hw do i get Etv capetown
sirus4,use 12015H29999
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
@blexxonmak.

Pls can u drop ur contact. I need to get in touch. My best Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
Remmyjex: sirus4,use 12015H29999
.TANX
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
habib55: .TANX
wrong!..for etv capetown use 12437v4430 or 12430v4230

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)