Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447056 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
graphicicon:
please where can I locate western union money agent in Abuja, I want to do some foreign transfers
Why not use a bank?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
ILuvKIDS:
Good afternoon everyone.
.... So yesterday I visited my friends house and I was amazed when he was watching MBC2, MBC4 and maX satellite directly on his LG TV without a decoder

I later found out it had an inbuilt satellite function, turns out my TV ( Samsung) has same satellite function too.

My question now is?... I used to be very professional with satellite installations even Cband, so I want to attempt to install this dish myself at home even though I'm very rusty now after many years of neglect.

Please I need the symbol rate and frequency, polarisation. Will a 60 or 90cm do the job? ( I didn't have a chance to look at my friends dish size) , also is it one of those satellite I can just install/attach an LNB to an existing dstv dish?

Cc @acorntree
@Ameboperoo

Some TV do have sat function but you have to be sure it's not dvb-t which is what gotv and Startimes use.
If you're sure it's satellite, it's easier to use a decoder or Satfinder to track your preferred sat first before scanning on the TV.
I used my LG TV sat function before but I can't remember exactly the steps in getting to scan it.
Get the original remote and browse through the menu. You should see something like "satellite" where you can chose to add frequency and scan.
The satellites you can receive with your small dishes include 68.5e 28e, 26e, 42e, 45e 17e depending on what you want.
The MBC channels are on NIGCOMSAT and also 26e.
You can check lyngsat.com for latest frequency.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by acorntree(m): 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2022
ILuvKIDS:
Good afternoon everyone.
.... So yesterday I visited my friends house and I was amazed when he was watching MBC2, MBC4 and maX satellite directly on his LG TV without a decoder

I later found out it had an inbuilt satellite function, turns out my TV ( Samsung) has same satellite function too.

My question now is?... I used to be very professional with satellite installations even Cband, so I want to attempt to install this dish myself at home even though I'm very rusty now after many years of neglect.

Please I need the symbol rate and frequency, polarisation. Will a 60 or 90cm do the job? ( I didn't have a chance to look at my friends dish size) , also is it one of those satellite I can just install/attach an LNB to an existing dstv dish?

Cc @acorntree
@Ameboperoo

90cm offset dish will pick mbc channels. Mbc 2,3 is on nigcomsat/ Turksat 42 east on 12518H symbol rate 29500 or you can track it on Badr sat 26 east close to where multi tv are on 12284v symbol 27500

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ILuvKIDS: 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2022
acorntree:

90cm offset dish will pick mbc channels. Mbc 2,3 is on nigcomsat/ Turksat 42 east on 12518H symbol rate 29500 or you can track it on Badr sat 26 east close to where multi tv are on 12284v symbol 27500

Thank you both so much, I'll attempt it soonest.
But...
Is it a satellite that needs a seperate dish. Is not possible to get signals by attaching an LNB to an existing dstv positioned dish?

Ameboperoo:

Some TV do have sat function but you have to be sure it's not dvb-t which is what gotv and Startimes use.
If you're sure it's satellite, it's easier to use a decoder or Satfinder to track your preferred sat first before scanning on the TV.
I used my LG TV sat function before but I can't remember exactly the steps in getting to scan it.
Get the original remote and browse through the menu. You should see something like "satellite" where you can chose to add frequency and scan.
The satellites you can receive with your small dishes include 68.5e 28e, 26e, 42e, 45e 17e depending on what you want.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2022
ILuvKIDS:

Thank you both so much, I'll attempt it soonest.
But...
Is it a satellite that needs a seperate dish. Is not possible to get signals by attaching an LNB to an existing dstv positioned dish?

track badr26/astra28 as pry, then put another lnb on top for ur DStv.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ILuvKIDS: 1:53am On Jun 09, 2022
iykmora:
That's exactly what I'd do.
Thanks so much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Laudbtc: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Finally did my FTA and as I first time user, I’m trying to really adjust.
Please guys, is it possible to get it tuned so I can watch some nice Nigeria movies because mine doesn’t have it and more so, it is possible to have all MBC stations?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by NLElder: 12:52am On Jun 13, 2022
Clean used Strong HD decoder with remote for sale. Location: Asaba. Call 08098989646 if interested or DM

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Louislouis: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
Is multi t.v. still on air?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mellom: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Please I need recommendation for a cheap satfinder and where I can get it in Abuja, please it's urgent. Thanks guys.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Joshys: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Cheny:

Range T20 doesn't multisream though it's h265

Hi,
How can I get connected with server on T20?
Any software update?
Any manufacturer website?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2022
Louislouis:
Is multi t.v. still on air?

Always ON
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oneluv4life(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2022
philipbash:
private chat me on this. We have many decoders, various size of dishes depending on what you want. WhatsApp on 08060150782
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oneluv4life(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2022
Unluckrees:

Why not buy a USB to DC 12V cable?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oneluv4life(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2022
god2baski:

with my box, I can view the stations with my phone via hotspot for free. So I can be downstairs doing something and still have access to watch as long as I'm within the hotspot range, alongside the multistream function, dvbfinder, h265, I use hellobox combo. My friend uses tiger t20 with same functions, from my own view a bit better than my box. So its just what do you want with it. If you are not interested in advanced functions and then base on price, csat pro and strong 4954h would do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oneluv4life(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2022
bbally:

his trustworthy as I have bought things from him and I have not meet him physically till date.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mellom: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2022
Mellom:
Please I need recommendation for a cheap satfinder and where I can get it in Abuja, please it's urgent. Thanks guys.

Please can anyone help Me on this, I really need it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mellom: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Can anyone tell me where I can get this in Abuja and how to use it, a reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mellom:
Can anyone tell me where I can get this in Abuja and how to use it, a reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
I think the blue one is better.
Even me, I need to get one urgently in Abuja. Or maybe we should order from AliExpress?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
To use it, you first download the software from play store, then connect it to your dish (lnb) and to your phone through Bluetooth.
Then set the frequency on the phone, adjust your dish normally till you get signal. It shows signal bar on the app like your decoder.
The battery is also rechargeable so even if there's no light, you can still use it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
It's been a while here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ILuvKIDS: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ameboperoo:

acorntree:

iykmora:

Thanks guys I finally have my MBC setup but not without a professional help.
That being said "the sat view channels " with stations like Al Jazeera, food channel, sci-fi tv, comedy channel, etc have clear pictures but the sound stutters ( break like in a bad weather).

Is this normal?
All efforts to increase the signal quality is futile! The installer said I'm even lucky to get pictures.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
ILuvKIDS:

That being said "the sat view channels " with stations like Al Jazeera, food channel, sci-fi tv, comedy channel, etc have clear pictures but the sound stutters ( break like in a bad weather).

Is this normal?
All efforts to increase the signal quality is futile! The installer said I'm even lucky to get pictures.
Thats how it is

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by acorntree(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2022
ILuvKIDS:

Is this normal?

That's the problem with nigcomsat/ Turksat. The signal is not always stable. Most times you will be seeing no signal

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
ILuvKIDS:

Is this normal?

That's Nigcomsat for you, the most unstable FTA satellite in the world. It works like NEPA light.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mellom: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ameboperoo:

I think the blue one is better.
Even me, I need to get one urgently in Abuja. Or maybe we should ord
er from AliExpress?

I thought one can get it easily in Abuja, ordering from Ali will take a month oh.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Unluckrees:

That's Nigcomsat for you, the most unstable FTA satellite in the world. It works like NEPA light.

acorntree:

That's the problem with nigcomsat/ Turksat. The signal is not always stable. Most times you will be seeing no signal

HIGHESTPOPORI:
Thats how it is

I can see how you all have it mixed up.

Nigcomsat is a Satellite owned by Nigeria and a platform which Satview Cable TV is using.

It is SAtview that is not stable just as TSTV was sometime ago.

What is happening has nothing to do with Nigcomsat Satellite in the space, but the company that came to use Transponders on the satellite.

The Transponders not used by Satview on the same Satellite are crystal clear, that tells you nothing is wrong wioth the Satellite, but a company called Satview using the Satellite.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mellom:

I thought one can get it easily in Abuja, ordering from Ali will take a month oh.
I just called a seller now in Wuse 2, he said only digital and analog ones are available. Digital 35k and analog 3k. Bluetooth not available.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
davodyguy:

I can see how you all have it mixed up.

Nigcomsat is a Satellite owned by Nigeria and a platform which Satview Cable TV is using.

It is SAtview that is not stable just as TSTV was sometime ago.

What is happening has nothing to do with Nigcomsat Satellite in the space, but the company that came to use Transponders on the satellite.

The Transponders not used by Satview on the same Satellite are crystal clear, that tells you nothing is wrong the Satellite, but a company called Satview using the Satellite.

Even before Satview Network came onboard to that position, several channels on Nigcomsat usually change frequency.
For example, MBC Action or Max could be on 12518 today after awhile they switch to 12539. Nigcomsat is such that one needs to be rescanning his decoder almost every week unlike other FTA satellites.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Unluckrees:

Even before Satview Network came onboard to that position, several channels on Nigcomsat usually change frequency.
For example, MBC Action or Max could be on 12518 today after awhile they switch to 12539. Nigcomsat is such that one needs to be rescanning his decoder almost every week unlike other FTA satellites.

The problem is with satview network
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mellom: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ameboperoo:

I just called a seller now in Wuse 2, he said only digital and analog ones are available. Digital 35k and analog 3k. Bluetooth not available.

I've never used a satfinder but I think the Bluetooth option is the best one, I don't even know how the analogue works.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
I have used 3 Months old aster one plus decoder for sale and mediastar decoder, WhatsApp 08029445790.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.