Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5429776 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ameboperoo:

Which tSTV?
Long dead and burried. Even the bones are rotten already

Na you kil am?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Amicable24: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ameboperoo:

Which tSTV?
Long dead and burried. Even the bones are rotten already

Funny enough I'm still using mine till date.... I just plug in my flashdrive on the tstv decoder and play videos through it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Amicable24: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Alexdinho10:
Please Guys a want to know if tstv is back and active

Not active for now but you can use it to play media from flashdrive... At least the decoder isn't 100% useless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2023
Amicable24:

Funny enough I'm still using mine till date.... I just plug in my flashdrive on the tstv decoder and play videos through it
Your TV will do just well and you don't have to waste energy/electricity to power the decoder when your tv is already on

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
tivta:

Na you kil am?
No be me o. I sincerely pray they stay to break DStv monopoly but na so we see am o
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ameboperoo:

No be me o. I sincerely pray they stay to break DStv monopoly but na so we see am o
ok oh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
my hisense smart TV with inbuilt decoder is failing to track some fta Tp and the installer said the tuner of the TV is weak and i should get a decoder. Please which decoder can you suggest and any tip on what to look for in getting a decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojialo(m): 1:27am On Dec 13, 2023
felix55:

Y not buy hellobox 8 is very good & unlock most locked channels & uses very low data
still work?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phonestic(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2023
Strong decoder style 2040
Comes with
YouTube
Netflix
And account for dstv
Call.or Whatsapp

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibbyfresh: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good evening house. Pls can i watch premier league and champions league matches with Free to Air or is metro digital better. I stay in lagos around isolo

Pls i need guarantees. Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
jibbyfresh:
Good evening house. Pls can i watch premier league and champions league matches with Free to Air or is metro digital better. I stay in lagos around isolo
L
Pls i need guarantees. Thank you
Yes both are correct. The money you are willing to spend on either is the real factor here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fm4real2k6(m): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
Alba3:
My 2020 Lg TV inbuilt decoder was so good that I stick to it; very sharp signal (better than my mini 2121), easy to track with and play h.265 video format easily. There's no shortcomings except maybe IPTV but it's a smart TV also and I don't really miss anything. It depends on what you want in FTA and whether you can master it's operation, settings etc

Many thanks for this.
I am currently using a 2022 LG TV too and i have been watching satellites on TV myself. And yes no IPTV (But i think with the webOS apps one can get that sorted out) I haven't tried it anyway.

But thanks for the clarification. Will be sticking to my TV satellite.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2023
tessy990:
my hisense smart TV with inbuilt decoder is failing to track some fta Tp and the installer said the tuner of the TV is weak and i should get a decoder. Please which decoder can you suggest and any tip on what to look for in getting a decoder.

Please any suggestion on this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by elawman(m): 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Good evening everyone.
I am tired of my DSTV and I am planning to drop it by the end of this month.
Can anyone suggest better alternative.
Someone wants to sell foxsat decoder to me, is it a good buy?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibbyfresh: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2023
philipbash:

Yes both are correct. The money you are willing to spend on either is the real factor here.

ok thanks but which is cheaper in the long run
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Guys is nigcomsat still on?
I don't get mbc anymore, just receiving joy tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
ceejay80s:
Guys is nigcomsat still on?
I don't get mbc anymore, just receiving joy tv

I'm experiencing the same here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Amicable24: 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ameboperoo:

Your TV will do just well and you don't have to waste energy/electricity to power the decoder when your tv is already on
Ajeboooo.... People like us wey dey use 14inch hunchback nkor.... Nor dey under rate us na undecided undecided undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 2:47am On Dec 17, 2023
tessy990:

I'm experiencing the same here
We're U searching for signal or U already have signal and the channels disappear?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jslimz(f): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2023
ceejay80s:

We're U searching for signal or U already have signal and the channels disappear?

I have signal but some of the channels are not showing e.g. MBC max, MBC 3
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2023
ceejay80s:

I've signal already, but mbc 2, mbc 3, mbc max and aljazeera is not showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2023
tessy990:

I've signal already, but mbc 2, mbc 3, mbc max and aljazeera is not showing
I got signal for joy tv yesterday but signal disappeared till today I can't get signal even for joy tv or nigcomsat mbc.
Could it be the lnb ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
ceejay80s:

I got signal for joy tv yesterday but signal disappeared till today I can't get signal even for joy tv or nigcomsat mbc.
Could it be the lnb ?

You can check the coaxial cable that connected with the lnb if it has loose
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Euroadams: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
Please anybody locked on to eutelsat 7c @ 7e

Is TVC and channela News on that position currently?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
tessy990:

I changed it, I think it's the lnb, will buy 2 lnb at Alaba on Tuesday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
tessy990:

Is srt 4954H decoder a good buy?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stakekay1(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2023
abuuthmaan:

Hello, have you gotten one?
No
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 10:03am On Dec 21, 2023
tessy990:

Gotten joy signal but nigcomsat I no see
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by CruzJoe(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
fm4real2k6:

Many thanks for this.
I am currently using a 2022 LG TV too and i have been watching satellites on TV myself. And yes no IPTV (But i think with the webOS apps one can get that sorted out) I haven't tried it anyway.

But thanks for the clarification. Will be sticking to my TV satellite.

pls what's the model number of this your tv...I want to buy exactly this.

So I can look for it with the model number

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by CruzJoe(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
Alba3:
My 2020 Lg TV inbuilt decoder was so good that I stick to it; very sharp signal (better than my mini 2121), easy to track with and play h.265 video format easily. There's no shortcomings except maybe IPTV but it's a smart TV also and I don't really miss anything. It depends on what you want in FTA and whether you can master it's operation, settings etc

pls what's the model number of this your tv...I want to buy exactly this.

So I can look for it with the model number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tessy990(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
ceejay80s:

Gotten joy signal but nigcomsat I no see

You might need to retrack the Nigcomsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ceejay80s(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
tessy990:

You might need to retrack the Nigcomsat
Will do that on Saturday
But I ain't using the satellite finder, I am doing it manually....like tv and decoder outside

(1) (2) (3) ... (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.