Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442403 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jackobite: our pal let be patient in getting our heart desires either token or bundles who want to help will help so ur token might not get u what u want but ur approach will offer u Best in that respect.regards

Ok. I understand. I take back the token part. I am sorry. Can anybody in the house help me pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
swordswifter: @ all
Based some reports about Turksat 2A 3A, I did some tests later in the night. Found out the ff active frequencies but do not know which satellites they are on. Kindly run tests if you have a bigger dish and lets see what more we can find. They were noticed above Intelsat 28(ie as you move your dish up)
=>The 1st TP you'll hit is 11.087(H)/4.999. The satellite position is unknown

Regards.
Hello swordswifter,
the above transponder (11.087 H 4
999 belong to intelsat newdawn @ 33degrees east. Most active trasponder on that satellite are feeds or for data. Sometimes, Dstv usually use it as feed,though they use to mute the feed channels. Currently, ATN is using 11.014 H 30000 to run some channels (startv,TBC) as feed on that particular satellite.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
D.lee:
Hello swordswifter,
the above transponder (11.087 H 4
999 belong to intelsat newdawn @ 33degrees east. Most active trasponder on that satellite are feeds or for data. Sometimes, Dstv usually use it as feed,though they use to mute the feed channels. Currently, ATN is using 11.014 H 30000 to run some channels (startv,TBC) as feed on that particular satellite.

@ D.lee,
That's nice. I'm currently doing further checks and have realized that the last TP i posted is actually on RASCOM QAF 1R at 2.9deg East(10.872(H)/19.627). The second TP is what i've not found out yet but by the close of the day i should know which satellite it is also on. Then i can turn my focus to the west and start running some tests there too. Let's keep exploring.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicdo: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
guente02: Can one get sky uk @ 28'e here in sokoto with 3m pan dish?
Yes u can. Even with a 2.6m pan dish, I ws getting it live and direct though nt all tp. By the way a newly constructed 4.0m detachable pan dish from kaduna is available for grabs here in sokoto. With this, u can get all tps and many more out of reach satellites. U can reach me through Vicdo@live.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
with due respect my guru's please is these SKY CHANNELS free or encripted, if encripted please what will I do and please sirs, what's the TP's and SR? Thanks...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
roman001: Turksat @42e is blazing hot rite nw,17 channels,3sports channels,2hd channels bt true hd.enjoy wth as small as 60cm use 12732v20195.and for nigerians,hola tv has nw found love on mytv.blindscan
Plz can turksat be track with 90cm dish in nigeria?regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Akinige:
Plz can turksat be track with 90cm dish in nigeria?regards
60cm in southwest nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
turksat2a african beam.
am not that optimistic of hitting green in east Africa but i will give it a try.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
please I need answers to my question please.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
@sword iam happy 2see u again on the forum. rdi realy fumble i guess they are jealous of the growing africa tread do u still hear 4rm kungu stay bless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
Adex70: @sword iam happy 2see u again on the forum. rdi realy fumble i guess they are jealous of the growing africa tread do u still hear 4rm kungu stay bless

@ Adex70,
I don't from him at all. The guy is now a ghost but was and is still a living legend. Whiles others were just using satellite for TV, he was streaming movies and radio on demand with free internet over satellite. It's over 2 yrs now since i last heard of him. Who knows what he might be doing now. Anyway, we still here and will keep searching.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
swordswifter:

smiley @ Freshp,
It's not very intentional but when you go through the stress of putting things together all for it to be taken away, it sometimes can be very depressing. I know my brother Kungu has also stopped posting and writing up educational posts just because of this. Anyway for your sake i'm going to summarize it. It is simply a method of tracking a satellite without an actual valid frequency but with any frequency input that falls within the valid range of an orbiting satellite's transmitting frequency range. I call it BLIND TRACKING.
I discovered the technique 6 - 7 years ago when i was trying to be the first to know what's on a newly launched satellite that had docked in space. All you need to know is that the suspected satellite you want to track has a footprint in your region(or in my case i don't even take note of that), a random frequency with good characteristics(which also falls within the satellite orbiting in space's frequency range) and a good responsive receiver that does not delay in responding to frequency changes. (Works best when you have a "well aligned" motorized dish but you can also try it on any other dish. It will be much more difficult though)
Let me know if you get this so far, i will continue later.

Yes we are with you. Please continue. As Freshp mentioned some of us got to RDI after the valuable African thread been deleted by the Romanian racists.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
feranmi 9: please I need answers to my question please.....
sky is scrambled....here is some free view channels under sky-uk ..your 10meter dish may do..enjoy .. cry

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:49pm On Apr 28, 2013

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2013

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 1:06am On Apr 29, 2013
afope:

Ok. I understand. I take back the token part. I am sorry. Can anybody in the house help me pls?
@ Afope am sorry i cant be of help,i stay in ibadan but i put u through calls & am not sure we had any active free to air hobblist in abuja in the forum.!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 5:51am On Apr 29, 2013
mwarawaa: turksat2a african beam.
am not that optimistic of hitting green in east Africa but i will give it a try.
give it a try and giv us feedback.gudluck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 6:00am On Apr 29, 2013
[quote author=Jackobite] @ Afope am sorry i cant be of help,i stay in ibadan but i put u through calls & am not sure we had any active free to air hobblist in abuja in the forum.!

cry can we do this by phone call? If you give me a time to call you that is convinient.. maybe weekend or in the night or wednesday (public holiday). If you can just give me the basics i think i should be abke to do tge rest. Thanks a lot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:01am On Apr 29, 2013
Adex70: @sword iam happy 2see u again on the forum. rdi realy fumble i guess they are jealous of the growing africa tread do u still hear 4rm kungu stay bless
swordswifter:

@ Adex70,
I don't from him at all. The guy is now a ghost but was and is still a living legend. Whiles others were just using satellite for TV, he was streaming movies and radio on demand with free internet over satellite. It's over 2 yrs now since i last heard of him. Who knows what he might be doing now. Anyway, we still here and will keep searching.

Viewing this topic: afope , loluc90 ( m ), Kungu ( m ), Rextab ( m ), olenyi (m), and 1 guest(s)

grin

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2013
Please house help me check if the below setup is Oº°˚°ºk ,if not, den please suggest a better one 4 me.
1. With a 90cm dish, Astra 4a/ses5 and W3a
2. With another 90cm dish, W3c/Amos 5 and astra 2f. Three satellites on one dish. Please check and advice a newbie.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2013
@Oga George_D.

Please is ur Nigerian Mux still firing and whats ur signal strength like.

My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2013
ezo4fta: Please house help me check if the below setup is Oº°˚°ºk ,if not, den please suggest a better one 4 me.
1. With a 90cm dish, Astra 4a/ses5 and W3a
2. With another 90cm dish, W3c/Amos 5 and astra 2f. Three satellites on one dish. Please check and advice a newbie.

For a newbie, i think thats good enough. The above setup should furnish u with 90% of the live matches, movies, news and general entertainment channels. wink

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2013
MORNING all,
please is there anyone who stays around command in meiran Lagos, i want to track amos5 for my family friends but work wunt permit me.................
is der anyone to help do the job?.
NOTE : im not asking for free................
willing to pay a price.
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
olenyi:

For a newbie, i think thats good enough. The above setup should furnish u with 90% of the live matches, movies, news and general entertainment channels. wink

Regards.
Thanks my boss. I really appreciate ur reply. Viva fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
thanks boss! But I have a 4.4m dish here in lagos Nigeria. Can it work please? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ASIWAJULAD: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
HI PEEPS!!!! I BEG OF U, ASSIST ME ON THIS!!!!

I am working on the effect of dish size on reception for my final year project. I was asked to get three to four satellite television antennas(Parabolic reflectors)of different diameters and put them on the same frequency bands(C band, Ku band and Ka band)and compare the effect of their different sizes on reception on each of these bands.

I found out that there is no substitute for more signals from a bigger dish; that a dish needs to be about 40% wider to produce twice the signal received; a 1.2m dish will give nearly 50% more signal than a 1m dish. I later saw a table from a footprint map giving the conventional sizes of dishes with their respetive EIRPs in dBW.It is depicted below.
EIRP(dBW) ; Dish Sizes(cm)
35 ; 300
40 ; 180
42 ; 160
44 ; 120
46 ; 95
48 ; 75
50 ; 60
51 ; 55
52 ; 50
53 ; 45
54 ; 40

It was concluded that EIRP IS A MEASURE OF SIGNAL STRENGTH. HOW WERE THESE EIRPs DERIVED FROM THE RESPECTIVE DISH SIZE? Yesterday, while in the library I found out that the satellite in space have their own EIRPs and also that the Satellite antennas on earth also have theirs.

Though, I saw a formula for EIRP Which is EIRP= Transmitter Power(dBm)+Antenna Gain(dB)-Feedline Loss. I perceive that this formula is for EIRPs of earth stations. BUT,HOW DO I CALCULATE THE TRANSMITTER'S POWER OF C BAND, KU BAND, AND KA BAN? IT'S NOT STATED ON THIS DISHES LNB OR MANUAL?

I quite know that the antenna gain is given as G= Antenna Efficiency x the square of(piD/Wavelength). Do not mind my representation, I can't write it properly at my end here. the antenna efficiency is presumed to be 55%, some say 70%, 80%? WHAT SPECFIC FREQUENCIES DO I USE IN THE RANGES OF C BAND, KU BAND AND KA BAND IN THE CALCULATION OF MY GAIN?

I quite know that the feedline loss is the losses in the coaxial cable and I read '75 Ohms RG U6' from a coaxial cable that connects the LNB to the decoder. I went online to check its rating, I saw that the 75 Ohmsindicated the impedance and I saw a voltage rating of 2700Vrms. The Power loss, I presume should be given as P=V squared/ Z i.e 2700 squared/75. THESE ARE MY PRESUMPTIONS, HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?

THANK YOU!!!

KIND REGARDS!!

HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT WITH ALL I HAVE PUT ABOVE?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hello My Oga's at the top plEase sir and Ma I want track this turksat and I don't know how to go about it. I need your help on hOw to get it and the TP I wil use. I am using 60cm dish am presently in Lagos thanks in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
pofolo: MORNING all,
please is there anyone who stays around command in meiran Lagos, i want to track amos5 for my family friends but work wunt permit me.................
is der anyone to help do the job?.
NOTE : im not asking for free................
willing to pay a price.
thanks
jus came to lagos near meiran but going bak to ph tomorrow but no number even to call u on ur profile. Every member of this forum should at least have their email address and mobile no on their profile for contact purpose,thats d essence of the forum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
House pls oh, i noticed that my multi tv will not work if i connect it to a connector connecting two dishes together but it works separately.
Again when i try to track a cert with my receiver i notice that my receiver do slow down (if i hit green and try to lock all i noticed was that it will just remain on the same signal strength for like a minute, so i found it difficult to track any sat even the cheapest MY TV.. pls i need help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
modification to my 1.8m prime focus sat dish

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
more pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.