Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5443652 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
modified dish is on paksat 38 east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Adex70,
I don't from him at all. The guy is now a ghost but was and is still a living legend. Whiles others were just using satellite for TV, he was streaming movies and radio on demand with free internet over satellite. It's over 2 yrs now since i last heard of him. Who knows what he might be doing now. Anyway, we still here and will keep searching.

He is in another forum he started trying to cure A.S.A.S patients
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
pedronaran62: modified dish is on paksat 38 east
@pedronaran kindly drop ur mobile i need 2speak to u iam planing to increase my 2.4 so how is the performance after ur modification try the dish on offprint bird like hot bird and nilesat. what is the size of the dish after modification thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
@sword i understand the legend(kungu) is always viewing this tread but not posting ,like some times i do that but i wish he can continue with us like our own legend (George d) but do u still hear 4rm wakilo and the rest i bet i really miss all of them from africa tread on rdi i dont visit there again .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
pedronaran62: modification to my 1.8m prime focus sat dish
The formular for calculating the focal length of a parabolic dish is given below...

Focal length=f
Depth=c
Diameter=D

f=(D * D)/(16 * c)

what i mean, if the depth of your dish has increased or changed and the diameter also increased...from your pics..why is your focal point still constant?..just wondering grin grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
odilibe: The formular for calculating the focal length of a parabolic dish is given below...

Focal length=f
Depth=c
Diameter=D

f=(D * D)/(16 * c)

what i mean, if the depth of your dish has increased or changed and the diameter also increased...from your pics..why is your focal point still constant?..just wondering grin grin
odilibe i really wondet that is why i ask him to try the dish on off print bird.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Swordswifter
Sorry for my l8 reply,please comtinue the tutorials...its just that my internet connectivity is not stable these days...i promise to follow up asap.thanks for beleiving in me..VIVA FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:37am On Apr 30, 2013
ref my modification on dish am from zimbabwe, 2.4m dish plus are scarce here unavailable, can get 1.8m max in size at shops
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2013
@all 4920, 4922, 4922A user new s/w 121 with newGUI out checkout new graphical interface
http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong Receivers/Strong WIZKID Files/Strong 4 Middle East

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2013
pedronaran62: ref my modification on dish am from zimbabwe, 2.4m dish plus are scarce here unavailable, can get 1.8m max in size at shops
@pedronaran nobody is blaming u for ur dish modify but since increase in the diameter there must be changes in ur focal length ur tripod must increase to form a new focal length good day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
olenyi: @Oga George_D.

Please is ur Nigerian Mux still firing and whats ur signal strength like.

My warm regards.

@olenyi,
No. It seems our initial optimism about that Nigerian Mux may have been misplaced.
Either it has moved or the dBW of that TP is so low as not be of any use to us here
in these parts.

This is so frustrating! angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ Afope everyday is a good day but in the night NO! I need my sleep,once u are in front of ur tv-screen no wahala unless am driving reach me on 07026908042 @Adex70 hope all is well on of this day i will need ur help as b4 for client's in lagos.keep tracking and get ur eye lid tinted¤.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,
No. It seems our initial optimism about that Nigerian Mux may have been misplaced.
Either it has moved or the dBW of that TP is so low as not be of any use to us here
in these parts.

@olenyi
@George_D
i thought as much..because after trying everything including your suggestions i still could not nail it so i had to ask another guru here(swordswifter) he told me it was just not worth the effort cos it was like the beam was meant for europe...Its just so frustrating to quote you.sorry i did not update the house earlier on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,
in these parts.

Then why would they bring up our hopes only to go ahead and dash it again.

Nawa ooo. Every of our thing must get comma inside. angry.

Ok ooo. Lets keep our fingers crossed and keep hunting.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
olenyi:

Then why would they bring up our hopes only to go ahead and dash it again.

Nawa ooo. Every of our thing must get comma inside. angry.

Ok ooo. Lets keep our fingers crossed and keep hunting.

Regards.
My brother ,
the situation is so tiresome ..imagine all our west and east african brothers having their stations beaming to them and receivable with as low as 60m dishes....while we here in nigeria have to go the extra mile to receive our own channels...and they even allow third party vendors to sell what should be free to us . .what kind of country are we in. [size=24pt]DAMN FRUSTRATING IF I MUST SAY!!![/size]

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
freshp:
My brother ,
the situation is so tiresome ..imagine all our west and east african brothers having their stations beaming to them and receivable with as low as 60m dishes....while we here in nigeria have to go the extra mile to receive our own channels...and they even allow third party vendors to sell what should be free to us . .what kind of country are we in. [size=24pt]DAMN FRUSTRATING IF I MUST SAY!!![/size]

same case here bro. our kenyan channels are scattered all over and you need 1.8 m dish to get a stable cband signal.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
mwarawaa:

same case here bro. our kenyan channels are scattered all over and you need 1.8 m dish to get a stable cband signal.
Now yours like Us here is one peculiar funny case...we receive virtually all your stations here in nigeria...hmm wait a minute . .i hope its not an inter country conspiracy thing grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Umaryie(m): 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
hallo to every one in d house.
Pls i need help cus i jst join d room 2day, i hav a strong dish 60cm and a strong decoer S, and i looks at Hotbird sat, and wit dis frqc 11.747, Sybl rat: 27.500, and got all d dstv channels an signal is up2 67-69, but d prblm is d channels ar scrembl, only cctvN, cctvY, dat works, pls somebody help me how to make dem work.rgards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
George_D: @All,
Finally, my 3m fibre has been replaced with a 4m motorized pan.

All through last week, installation work was ongoing and things are now
at the finishing stages.

I'm getting Hispasat, Hotbird, Nilesat, etc

Details and pictures coming soon.

Viva FTA!!!

Congrats Bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:13am On May 01, 2013
simniboma: @all 4920, 4922, 4922A user new s/w 121 with newGUI out checkout new graphical interface
http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong Receivers/Strong WIZKID Files/Strong 4 Middle East
oga check back the file again cos i visited it and told me that it has been removed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 6:02am On May 01, 2013
freshp:
Now yours like Us here is one peculiar funny case...we receive virtually all your stations here in nigeria...hmm wait a minute . .i hope its not an inter country conspiracy thing grin grin grin
The rest of Africa has to emulate Tanzania, they have all their channels on 904@64°e. Kenyan channels are scattered from east to west. sayare @75°e, ntv, qtv, citizen @902°e, citizen feed on 68.5°e, k24, kbc @57°e, family tv on amos@17°e and ktn@5°e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:24am On May 01, 2013
@ All.

For all winners chapel faithfulls (Bishop David Oyedepo), Jesus is Lord channel on intelsat 20 ku (MyTv position) is on now. Although its just showing a still banner picture, but it looks like they will be carrying some live programmes today and tommorow.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Umaryie(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2013
Hallo Goege, pls which sat and wat type of dis did u use to track all does Mbc paris and fox series and so on, and is it free to Air? If yes at wat freq and Sybl rate? Pls help. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Umaryie(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
pls Goege wen replying to me help me and send d step by stpe details on dis my E-mail: umaryie@gmail.com, or follow me on my facebook Umar faru mohammed.
Thanks, regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 2:49pm On May 01, 2013
SULIEMAN3: oga check back the file again cos i visited it and told me that it has been removed.
http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2013
any further info on consat please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 01, 2013
George_D:

@Adex,
Abeg no vex my brother. I got your mail and I'm still working in the focal lenght thing. As you can see, I've
been vey busy since last week.

Th guy who made my 4m pan is in Kaduna. His name is Okey. Call him on this number: 08039346299 or 08092354782.

Yes, it is a dismantable type like imported STRONG pan dish but with added rib support.

Pictures coming soon.

My Oga, good evening. Am quite interested and I have sent u some mails. Am looking forward to hearing from u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by banysat(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2013
George_D:

@Adex,
Abeg no vex my brother. I got your mail and I'm still working in the focal lenght thing. As you can see, I've
been vey busy since last week.

Th guy who made my 4m pan is in Kaduna. His name is Okey. Call him on this number: 08039346299 or 08092354782.

Yes, it is a dismantable type like imported STRONG pan dish but with added rib support.

Pictures coming soon.

Hi George,
I need your help please i need to convert my 3.7m mesh,what are the material used?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Paps1: 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
hi i need a little help from u guys, i have
managed to nail arabsat 5c with 90cm dish but
the Irib channels are not popping up, could it
be my dish size or lnb, cause i use strong c
band for it. pls let me know if i have to get a
powerful c band. any help will do cause my
highest sognal is 2m monde, saudi 1 channels
with 60%
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
pedronaran62: modification to my 1.8m prime focus sat dish
so wat is the signal strength now,and your location

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (2351) (Reply)