Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442873 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2013
naijaobi: Pls guys i have dis question..pls pardon me if this is nt the right place to ask..
I want to get the 4922A receiver.. My questions are:
1. How do i know the original from the fake.?
2. Do i need to install or update any software? Or do i just start using ther receiver the way i bought it..
Thankx

i dont think there is any fake one out there now.. i got mine on monday and i did upgrade it to the latest software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 2:02pm On May 03, 2013
twinskenny:

i dont think there is any fake one out there now.. i got mine on monday and i did upgrade it to the latest software.

thanks bro...was d update done wia u bought it or u did it urself..
Tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2013
George_D: @I Hacked,
In as much as the satfinder is a convenient means of sat tracking, a few times we still need to
do things the traditional method. Especially for some of us FTA hobbyists who started up back in
the days when there were no such niceties.

All the same, thanks for your observation. I will get myself a good one. Or do you have any
particular brand you recommend?

As for the redline receivers, I am tempted to take up your offer but as you may be aware, being
an advocate of CLEAN FTA, it will be out of character to be seen indulging in such.

Good observation, yes, the jack is a 24inch heavy duty type and is too small for the dish. I was
unable to get a bigger 36inch type as at the time of installation but now thanks to my friend
obnelly in Lagos, he already bought one for me which I will install tomorrow.
the tv and reciever ,for me is best for illustration on this forum,as it is the common way of tracking among the noobs, you will agree with me that we have lot of members who are new to satellite tv tech stuff hence tey will find it very difficult to understand.
so @GeorgeD is okay,if you continue feeding us good stuff even though its on akira tv.and welldone o!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2013
naijaobi:
thanks bro...was d update done wia u bought it or u did it urself..
Tanx
did it myself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 3:10pm On May 03, 2013
George D well done i am following your footstep and i am waiting for that bird to fly those satellite to your home more grease to your elbows.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 4:27pm On May 03, 2013
@George D What is a jack axactly and how does one use it?Why i am asking is there is some dude here in Vic falls,Zimbabwe who is disposing his something like 8-10 metre dish like the one in that picture you posted and i want to try to use it caz he is disposing it for free. What i want to knw is, if i use it can i nail out of footprint birds with our ordinary lnbs or i need some special equipment to make use of it. You can email me at honestmuchena@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 4:50pm On May 03, 2013
[quote author=hon1977][/quote] from gweru , i see u nailed multi tv with a 1.8m offset dish and modified lnb. can u post some pictures on them. i am failing to nail multi tv here in gweru thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2013
twinskenny: did it myself
ok..thanks..but can i still use it without updating it??
Does not updating it has any effect?
Tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2013
naijaobi:
ok..thanks..but can i still use it without updating it??
Does not updating it has any effect?
Tanx

yes but updating willl give you nice graphical interface and cccam option
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2013
What can i do to this receiver , is displaying LNBF , the cable connection has been corrected but has damage the decoder before i know, what can i do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2013
twinskenny:

yes but updating willl give you nice graphical interface and cccam option
tanx bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by viazi: 6:58pm On May 03, 2013
@ Quente, if Blind scan can't give U what U want, then U will need a 2.4 dish or a powerful LNBF for off print. Are U sure U watch MBCHD on your Orton?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by viazi: 7:02pm On May 03, 2013
@ Twinskenny, the 1.21 new GUI upgrade for 4922A doesn't show programme info and epg on my box. Are U experiencing this on yours?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:52pm On May 03, 2013
viazi: @ Quente, if Blind scan can't give U what U want, then U will need a 2.4 dish or a powerful LNBF for off print. Are U sure U watch MBCHD on your Orton?

mbc hd is there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2013
viazi: @ Twinskenny, the 1.21 new GUI upgrade for 4922A doesn't show programme info and epg on my box. Are U experiencing this on yours?

some channnels show programm info and i can only see the next 2 program nothing more
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by banysat(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2013
Good job GeorgeD,
What are the materials used?I would also want to convert my mesh.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 9:22pm On May 03, 2013
Setoop: What can i do to this receiver , is displaying LNBF , the cable connection has been corrected but has damage the decoder before i know, what can i do

what kind of decoder is it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:51pm On May 03, 2013
Setoop: What can i do to this receiver , is displaying LNBF , the cable connection has been corrected but has damage the decoder before i know, what can i do
@ George D that is even less of what u can do you can even do more bro!@ setoop u have to visit a good rx technician if...not radio/tv technician.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 10:42pm On May 03, 2013
George_D: Segments already assembled.

@ George,
Looking at your dish I'm tempted to say it looks as if it was locally made. If so is the case then the person who did it really did it well. What i would like to know is who fabricated the dish(if locally made) and how much you had the dish for.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 10:57pm On May 03, 2013
MBC HD is 57% under hot sun and about 63 after twilight. And yes i watch it through ccc*m. I think 2.4m is the solution. Im still eyeing that 4m dish that i saw today in Sokoto. Tuned to Bullsacom Hellas. No Skipping
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:48pm On May 03, 2013
Oga George_D,

Just saw this. My internet connection has being messing up. Mehn this is the ish in FTA. Wow!!!. Just so so so awesome. Ride on.

George_D: Up and in the air!

its a bird! No, its an airplane!

Blimey, its a 4m dish!!! grin

Nah, its a mini earth station. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2013
I'm just seeing this mighty dish for the first time. This is awesome.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:07am On May 04, 2013
George_D: @I Hacked,
In as much as the satfinder is a convenient means of sat tracking, a few times we still need to
do things the traditional method. Especially for some of us FTA hobbyists who started up back in
the days when there were no such niceties.

So on point. Nothing substitutes my TV and receiver for me when tracking. I feel more confident and in control of things. Forget about the ''stress'' grin
Nothing beats the feeling of seeing the signal bar indicating that one is near the desired bird and then seeing it turn GREEN!!!!!. The feeling and moment is just so, so, PRICELESS.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:11am On May 04, 2013
George_D:

I will try my hands on Hellas 2 and get back to the house. Same tomorrow.

@ Oga George _D.

Do i detect some hint of FTA swagger and confidence here. grin
Trying ur hands on any out of print bird anyone might care to mention. wink

FTA for life.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 6:52am On May 04, 2013
@ George D. welldone nice job, keep it up,am encouraged by ur spirit of FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2013
twinskenny:

some channnels show programm info and i can only see the next 2 program nothing more
where a channel shows the programme info, press the vol key on the right subsequent ones will be revealed. for the next days programes press the yellow botton
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 8:32am On May 04, 2013
pedronaran62: from gweru , i see u nailed multi tv with a 1.8m offset dish and modified lnb. can u post some pictures on them. i am failing to nail multi tv here in gweru thanks

I never nailed multi tv here. What i have here is parksat 38, sirius4, ses5, amos5, w3a, w2a, and arabsat 5 at 20 degrees. With these satellites i can watch PTV Sports, tv 5 monde, Aljazeera sports1, RODRIQUES 2 commonly refered to as mbc 3 on this forum, Irib package, Oromia. With these at your disposal for a football fan like me you watch all top clash matches. Now that i have an hd receiver i am now working on trying to nail out of footprint birds to enjoy movies. Today i will take my receiver to my friend where the 8metre dish is mounted so we can try to track those birds. If i manage i will then take that huge pan to my residence.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 10:38am On May 04, 2013
hon1977:

I never nailed multi tv here. What i have here is parksat 38, sirius4, ses5, amos5, w3a, w2a, and arabsat 5 at 20 degrees. With these satellites i can watch PTV Sports, tv 5 monde, Aljazeera sports1, RODRIQUES 2 commonly refered to as mbc 3 on this forum, Irib package, Oromia. With these at your disposal for a football fan like me you watch all top clash matches. Now that i have an hd receiver i am now working on trying to nail out of footprint birds to enjoy movies. Today i will take my receiver to my friend where the 8metre dish is mounted so we can try to track those birds. If i manage i will then take that huge pan to my residence.

please can u enlighten how to get ptv sports on paksat + irib package . on arabsat 20 east i have all channels besides irib. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2013
Guente02 please give me the info on how to get ccc*m with MBC HD package here is my email twinsoris@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 4:17pm On May 04, 2013
most times the argument of unnecessary things i dont respond but some ones are also following and taking some knowledge from some of the post we do.

in old days rich peoples buy slaves to help them so that they don't work more
when they got machines some of them find out that the machine is very good and more conveniences than the slaves
now a days all are using machines even setting on animals is fading out

Satellite finders are special made for tracking satellite ,we have good ones and bad ones too,we have professional ones and hobbies ones as well ,
the professional ones are very expensive .any one or satellite Installer who have a good satellite finder will never but it down and use a receiver and carry out a TV for tracking satellite

tracking satellite with receiver is for only hobbies who don't have tools and new installers who don't understand satellite language and don't have tools or cant afford it now but if he/she is good he/she know that sat finder is the best and he will really preper for it

those who dont know anything a bought satellite, what they are looking for is green and picture, they can not read sat finders .cos it is for those who will understand the language sometime .receiver is very easy for them

good sat finders are Very sensitive,super fast spectrum Analyzer,sat finder like the one i have now can test cable and LNBF ,tells you good LNB be4 you fix it up, one of my meter identifies the satellite, provides spectrum information and allows the checking of the satellite, grin grin it work Works on both picture and sound

a receivers use transponder frequencies transmitted from a satellite (which can go out of date) to identify the satellite.

With receivers, you have to looks for a frequency that is (hopefully) unique to that satellite.
Sometimes there is no unique frequency and you will never know the "cross ID" because you are using TPS sometimes(sees the satellite in two or more places and only one place is correct). If there is a unique frequency, it may change in the future, if that happens the satellite can no longer be found

you and i feed lyngsat,flysat and more sometimes .

for Example marghib is the one now transmit all Europe live football march for DStv south Africa
the hobbies and receiver trackers will never get this free up .cos no one will give them TP and a receiver can not do that.

if the signals is very week we look for good satellite finder to do that
my sat finder detect satellite without me knowing it or have a tp of that sat

it is only new guys that suffer but big Guy like George D know much more a bought this
but because may bee he is hobbies he may not use 1000 of euro for sat finder that will only be use for only one day but that does not mean that he don't know that it is the best

@ Georg D this your dish will kill all birds on the sky this day,
look at the picture below you may need this sat finder it is not expensive but very very good than more of the expensive ones
if city power is out you can still track with this meter
this meter will find all satellite you dont know the tp but it can not tell the name and it is ID like my new one.

i really like this sat finder but new technology is knocking it out very painful
i bought my new professional sat finder at £749.95 even after this some of the big guys told me it is for hobbies. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 5:19pm On May 04, 2013
please can a kind hearted person help me with working tps on Amos 5.

l got some and didnt get others blind scanning.

l need Ait, infinity & co kktv

thks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2013
Now you can get etv africa on mytv 68,5e ku,but only with pair receiver,thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SmartNYSC and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.