Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5461639 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malix: 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
odilibe: from your location ..it is better you use 3meter dish or above for nilesat 102 and 201@ 7west!...MBC channels are currently on nilesat 102 @ 7west.. but MBC Will move cos there will be permanent blackouts on nilesat 102 before September 2015!keep your fingers crossed... hehehe!
Odilibe!, pls I ll luv to discuss some cband issues wit u .send me a blank mail on malixshaka@gmail .com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 3:58am On Sep 09, 2014
There was a time i had an issue with a guy on this forum concerning Queens decoder. The truth is that Queens made most of the forum members less inquisitive and less creative. Now that it is flooring everyone. They are back at their wits not to talk of NEWBIES. If you are around ONITSHA and its environ. and you want IRIB on your screen and you dont know how to go about it. Give me a call. perhaps i might be of help. 07030470969

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2014
odilibe: from your location ..it is better you use 3meter dish or above for nilesat 102 and 201@ 7west!...MBC channels are currently on nilesat 102 @ 7west.. but MBC Will move cos there will be permanent blackouts on nilesat 102 before September 2015!keep your fingers crossed... hehehe!
yeah, you re correct.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2014
hey guys.

is it possible to wall mount a 1.8 meter dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2014
4llerbuntu: hey guys.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Why not try it, you may be the first to answer the question.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2014
pls bros if u live in bayelsa state nd u are finding it difficult to get irib tv3 on 1.3m and above u can consult me on dis number 08063953502, 08181708975
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
an installer is needed urgently to track PTV sports in beni city asap...pls call 07036645401
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Graham4luv: pls bros if u live in bayelsa state nd u are finding it difficult to get irib tv3 on 1.3m and above u can consult me on dis number 08063953502, 08181708975
another graphinicion.....lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ogojohn: There was a time i had an issue with a guy on this forum concerning Queens decoder. The truth is that Queens made most of the forum members less inquisitive and less creative. Now that it is flooring everyone. They are back at their wits not to talk of NEWBIES. If you are around ONITSHA and its environ. and you want IRIB on your screen and you dont know how to go about it. Give me a call. perhaps i might be of help. 07030470969
Long time. Where you hide?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
thanks boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
pls,house i will love to buy 3m dish pan,around ondo state and d price,thanks one love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls i saw upgradin of 4922a 2 d latest software here and pls i want 2 know d advantages b4 goin 2 it pls any1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Long time. Where you hide?
My brother i dey for sideline dey watch the match..Thanks for keeping the house lively
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ketigoi: 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hi members in this great forum.Can someone explain of how to unzip a software.I have a strong 4922, i ve downloaded the software from the crosat side but finding it difficult to unzip it before transferring it to the flash disk. Your guide will be highly appreciated
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
ketigoi: Hi members in this great forum.Can someone explain of how to unzip a software.I have a strong 4922, i ve downloaded the software from the crosat side but finding it difficult to unzip it before transferring it to the flash disk. Your guide will be highly appreciated
just a page b4 this very one, someone gave the answer to this very question of urs. But why

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Uthmanloay: Pls i saw upgradin of 4922a 2 d latest software here and pls i want 2 know d advantages b4 goin 2 it pls any1
there's always an advantage in upgrades. In d recent upgrades, d headache of TV3 on multitv was addressed. Also for those who still use the d4lt s/ware, there's a gain in d signal strength from upgrading. It could also be to resolve d issue of some rx not being able to allow certain symbol rate. To chip in, I'm still on a previous software i.e d upgrade released some months back...

If I were you, I'll be more concerned with cons of an upgrade which is majorly on frying of ur rx. Though you should carry-out any upgrade with a stable gen-set for constant power supply. In rare case, a virus may compromise d s/ware and you 'might' be left with a malfunctioning rx. Also a fake rx using an 'origininal' s/ware will certainly get d negative result...cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ketigoi: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
iykmora: just a page b4 this very one, someone gave the answer to this very question of urs. But why
@ iykmora, I have read the procedure,the challenge is unzipping the software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
4llerbuntu: hey guys.
actually I've seen where a 2.4m mesh dish was wall mounted.. very terrible seen mehn!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
odilibe: actually I've seen where a 2.4m mesh dish was wall mounted.. very terrible seen mehn!
that wall go collapse unless it was specifically specially concretely built for that purpose
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by thwarrior72: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
What a great thread
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
thwarrior72: What a great thread
Seriously, one of the best in Nigeria. Qsat has one of the worst I have seen.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
This is move is bad news but not unexpected. So I'm going to lose my MBC channels in the next year? My 1.8m dish doesn't pick Nilesat 201 so over the years I've lost BBC, Fox and many other channels. I suppose I should be happy to enjoy them for so long
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 12:05am On Sep 10, 2014
jamesmac1:
This is move is bad news but not unexpected. So I'm going to lose my MBC channels in the next year? My 1.8m dish doesn't pick Nilesat 201 so over the years I've lost BBC, Fox and many other channels. I suppose I should be happy to enjoy them for so long
bbc is dancing skelewu at amos 5 since nah.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:08am On Sep 10, 2014
jamesmac1:
So I'm going to lose my MBC channels in the next year? My 1.8m dish doesn't pick Nilesat 201
well there are only 10 transponders left on nilesat 201,MBC is likely to move to nilesat 201, or otherwise 202! but since you are not picking nilesat 201 that means you may lose mbc on 1.8m!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bodetheo(m): 6:07am On Sep 10, 2014
PLS I NEED CURRENT FREQUENCY OF BEINSPORT 1 TO 4, I DONT KNOW Y D REMAING BEINSPORT DEY SHOW WELL BUT D BEINSPORT 1 TO 4 HAS BEEN SHOWING NO SIGNAL..PLS HELP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by shupsyBaba(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2014
ketigoi:
@ iykmora, I have read the procedure,the challenge is unzipping the software.

To unzip (after downloading of course)
1. Right click on the file you downloaded.
2. Select Extract All
3. Choose location the to extract the folder to.
4. Check "Show Extracted files when complete"
5. Click Extract.

Option 2 if u have WinZip or WinRaR
1. Right click
2. Choose Extract Files...
3. Choose save location
4. Click on ok

Done!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ketigoi: 6:40am On Sep 10, 2014
shupsyBaba:
To unzip (after downloading of course)
1. Right click on the file you downloaded.
2. Select Extract All
3. Choose location the to extract the folder to.
4. Check "Show Extracted files when complete"
5. Click Extract.
Option 2 if u have WinZip or WinRaR
1. Right click
2. Choose Extract Files...
3. Choose save location
4. Click on ok
Done!
Thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Seriously, one of the best in Nigeria. Qsat has one of the worst I have seen.
You made it so. Cos u were d one playing the role of jamesbond in that forum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 7:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Pls anyone around Ibadan knows weda Qtv plus (ABG) is in Ibadan pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Graham4luv: pls bros if u live in bayelsa state nd u are finding it difficult to get irib tv3 on 1.3m and above u can consult me on dis number 08063953502, 08181708975

How about Ptv sports,how many metre dish can i use to track it here in yenagoa?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
naijaobi:
bbc is dancing skelewu at amos 5 since nah.
Thanks I am aware but the question is - for how long?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ephy6774(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
The reason why TV signal goes off whenever there is rain.
Most of the signals you receive for TV broadcasts are going to be in Ku band. This name, in long hand, is Kurz under. The Kurz (K-band) frequency range is that which is resonant with water. Due to this, the K-band is absorbed and dispersed readily by atmospheric water (Humidity and clouds) and especially bad in inclement weather. The Ku band allows transmission at high frequencies and data rates while being able to penetrate the atmosphere with sufficient power left over to give acceptable signal performance. Ku isn't infallible though. Due to its proximity to that magic K-band, it is still very susceptible to precipitation. In addition to the absorption, the increased mass between the dish and the satellite scatters and attenuates the down signal from the satellite.
The wonderful thing about satellite receivers is Forward Error Correction. Built into the broadcast are check bits. This can vary in rate depending on the provider, but it is always there due to the nature of Satellite communication. This is the reason you get stops and starts in your TV's picture. You're seeing sections of unrecoverable data being thrown out, leading to the skip and audio abnormalities.
tl;dr, TV Broadcasts are in Ku-Band, which is attenuated by rain due to its frequency range. Also, any signal in almost any band is going to be attenuated to some degree by any increase in mass between transmitter and receiver.

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50