Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445973 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

That is why I hate strong decoders
strong rx are not slow.u can adjust d default blind scan ffrequeny range to make blind scan faster
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 8:42am On Feb 27, 2015
ayolacz:
strong rx are not slow.u can adjust d default blind scan ffrequeny range to make blind scan faster
Pls xplain beta, where & how 2 adjust d blind scan 2 make it fast, because mine is slow. Thnxs.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 27, 2015
omotech:

Pls xplain beta, where & how 2 adjust d blind scan 2 make it fast, because mine is slow. Thnxs.
On the Blindscan page, you will see frequency range of 4mhz but can be adjusted to 8mhz, 16mhz and 32mhz. The implication of this is that your frequency will be in multiple of the selected frequency.
For example if you selected 32mhz, you will have something like this 10240, 10264, 10296, etc while the symbol rate will also be in that multiple.
Frequencies you wil have will be adjusted accordingly and you might even lose some if the gap between the frequency and the Blindscan frequency is too wide.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 10:04am On Feb 27, 2015
walejummy:
yes i blind scan, i got olo tv n champion tv but both are red, so i try to adjust d dish on d champion frequence i hit green but not stable, now av adjust glow tv to 65percent what else do u think i can do?
pls guru in the house I only get 10 channel on yamal without championtv n I do the blind scan I can't get the championtv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2015
I always recommend decoders like Qsat because of the speed of blindscanning. It will take a Qsat decoder about 1 minute to blindscan nilesat Frequencies while a strong 4669xii and 4992a will scan the same frequency even with 8th Blindscan frequency for about 10 minutes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2015
Samsamo:
pls guru in the house I only get 10 channel on yamal without championtv n I do the blind scan I can't get the championtv.
Try this 11008V08000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2015
Samsamo:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2015
Penuelseun:
Try this 11008V08000
Thanks I will give it a try,sorry If I may asked do I need to retrack it all over or adjacent of d lnb.what is d strength percentage and hw many channel all together.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:
I always recommend decoders like Qsat because of the speed of blindscanning. It will take a Qsat decoder about 1 minute to blindscan nilesat Frequencies while a strong 4669xii and 4992a will scan the same frequency even with 8th Blindscan frequency for about 10 minutes.
So you recommend Qsat over 4922A? Then you are ill-advising people. On what basis is Qsat better than 4922A apart from the first being used for illegal activities?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Samsamo:
Thanks I will give it a try,sorry If I may asked do I need to retrack it all over or adjacent of d lnb.what is d strength percentage and hw many channel all together.
Just input d tp & scan, it was 30% with a 60cm dish @ my place. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
GHONE:
So you recommend Qsat over 4922A? Then you are ill-advising people. On what basis is Qsat better than 4922A apart from the first being used for illegal activities?
What most people forget is that Qsat can also be used for fta. Outside the illegal way which is even no longer working, Qsat does everything Strong does in a better way. I will for example take the latest q26g over any strong decoder because of the following reasons
Fast blindscan
Better accessories like wifi Adapters, better optimization for lan, etc
More available peripherals like availability of accessories is more with Qsat than Strong. For example all WIFI adapter that work on Qsat will not work on Strong but all WIFI adapter that work on Strong will work on Qsat.
The remote control of Qsat works on related decoders that use Sunplus chipset like Esat, Minix4, etc

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Penuelseun:
Try this 11008V08000
is red light t.v there?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Penuelseun:
Try this 11008V08000
is red light t.v there? If not i change my dish back to amos 5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Chukstaker:

is red light t.v there? If not i change my dish back to amos 5
lol, wetin u wan use redlight take do, dem don commot am o
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

What most people forget is that Qsat can also be used for fta. Outside the illegal way which is even no longer working, Qsat does everything Strong does in a better way. I will for example take the latest q26g over any strong decoder because of the following reasons
Fast blindscan
More available peripherals like availability of accessories is more with Qsat than Strong. For example all WIFI adapter that work on Qsat will not work on Strong but all WIFI adapter that work on Strong will work on Qsat.
The remote control of Qsat works on related decoders that use Sunplus chipset like Esat, Minix4, etc
qsat nor be decoder oh were 4922 dey oh,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
Champion t.v lechara anya wepu my redlight t.v? Chaiii,
#ANGRY
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
Does Qsat have a motorized page? Am just asking. I mean can it be used for motorised set up?
EMMAACHILE:

Fast blindscan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SweetWJ(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
GHONE:
Blindscaning with strong decoder is never slow. just change the default STEP value(4) to 32 and see the power of strong decoder.
Thanks bro for this piece of info.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
kwameking:
Does Qsat have a motorized page? Am just asking. I mean can it be used for motorised set up?
You mean diseqc? It supports diseqc 1.0 and 1.1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
spartacus11:
qsat nor be decoder oh were 4922 dey oh,
I have both and you can't compare both. List the advantages of Strong over Qsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tosman12(m): 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
ify4king:
yes its possible

Thanks sir, pls whats the TP for tracking amos 5 and mytv on eutelsat 16 pls.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
Tosman12:

Thanks sir, pls whats the TP for tracking amos 5 and mytv on eutelsat 16 pls.
12520 H 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
Chukstaker:
Champion t.v lechara anya wepu my redlight t.v? Chaiii,
#ANGRY
lolzzzzz.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:
yeah..qsat is good for blind scanning/and feed haunting! if you study it's meter very well ..with motorized dish you can do blind sat tracking..lol and qsat q23g is better than strong 4922a on blind scan speed..4922a is a joke!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
odilibe:
yeah..qsat is good for blind scanning/and feed haunting! if you study it's meter very well ..with motorized dish you can do blind sat tracking..lol and qsat q23g is better than strong 4922a on blind scan speed..4922a is a joke!
Hope others are listening.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

we are all ears! lol

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
You are welcome sir. You can always ask more about strong not qsat and we will be quick to answer.
SweetWJ:
Thanks bro for this piece of info.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

What about Qsat's user friendliness? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chester1983: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
junate:
Astra 28.2E is 12525 V 27000.......m..m....
Any dat can't track MBC HD and champion tv should call me on 08181628749, note only for Lagosian
can I track MBC HD in zambia with 1.8 meters dish .thank
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donald303: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
someone said 4950 does blindscanning? i find that hard to believe!!. i have tried all on that decoder and i realised it cant blindscan all frequencies on a satellite. The only thing it does is scan pre-stored frequencies according to satellite name. if anyone has a different experience,please share it. As far as i know,it cant blindscan new tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donald303: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
4llerbuntu:
Hello gentlemen.

I discovered recently that it appears my coaxial cable is too long due to the distance between my dish and my sitting room.

the signal level drops by more than 10% due to this. i know because when i track with a tv beside the dish i get roughly 10 - 15% higher quality.

Appears the attenuation is too much, and i suspect also that the quality of the coaxial cable is poor.

Thing is, what can i do to boost the signal level between the LNB and the Decoder? i'm thinking of buying higher quality coaxial(if i can get), but is there some device i can use to break the cable midway and ensure the signal remains strong?

There are so many fake coaxial cable in market these days (especially the ones without' california cable' inscription on them.) The cable cant sustain signal @ a distance of more than 9FEET
i bought 6 different rolls of such bad cable from SOBIS COMM recently. so everyone should look before buying cables to avoid embarassment when on site.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.