Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460511 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Cheats cannot work on your Strong decoder. Your 4922a will not match an iptv or android box. My 2 m8s android boxes and mag260 box was mopped up by my colleagues at a premium price when it arrived and will be getting another one soonest. Its real HD quality and better than all satellites put together. The only limitation is data.

If you want to enjoy football, then get an android box like the m8s or Starsat. Starsat cost about N9000 and you are sure of French League, Dutch League, German League, UEFA champions league, UEFA cup, European qualifiers, etc. Monthly sub from 1800 - 3600 per month.

To enjoy premium sports, a big dish from 3m above is a must. All leagues available.
@Emmachile,
if i have money i will the product, cos i know if i can share my internet connection from my laptop to my decorder, all the valid iptv channels will be blazing, just tell me the right wifi adapter that can work very well on my 4922A decorder thats all i want u to advice me, also tell me the price of the wifi adapter.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
@all, i collected old mytv card from friend and insert it on my decorder 4922A and it unscrambled wap tv and channels tv, i will buy a recharge card of mytv tomorrow and load it let me see wether it will unscramble other channels.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
graphicicon:
@all, i collected old mytv card from friend and insert it on my decorder 4922A and it unscrambled wap tv and channels tv, i will buy a recharge card of mytv tomorrow and load it let me see wether it will unscramble other channels.
If i could remember. I told you that your smart card is faulty.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Aveton,
if you love fta and seek unlimited possibilities then get the 1.8m and keep your 4922a.

But if you just want mytv and enjoy their cheap fairly quality services then get a 90cm and the 4940hd.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
GeorgeD1:

@EMMAACHILE,
I'm more interested in what happens after the 9 months subscription. What cost will he incur say in 18months, 24months, 36months, etc?
To say payTV is better than FTA regardless of the amount paid, whether one naira or five naira is rather misleading.
Peeps like us moved away from PAYTV not because we could not afford the subscription but because over a lifetime it is money better
spent elsewhere.
Truth be told! You actually hit the nail on the right spot. FTA enthusiasts like us think more on cumulative long term benefits of a desired setup rather than its immediate gain which may never last.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
graphicicon:
Remember you have to register and pair your smart card and receiver before loading the recharge card.

For those saying 4940 is useless, remember it can be used for other fta channels whether mpeg 4 or even HD. If he doesn't want to subscribe at any time, he will make do with the fta channels.
I will still advice him to buy the 1.8m and motorize it. That will give him more options than only 3 or 4 90cm dishes. With the motorized dish, he can point to as many as 20 satellites both c and ku band.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eedris63(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
NOW AM ENYON MA SCRAMBLE CHANNELS ON ITALIAN SIDE WIT HELP of Q.SAD Q23G ....
Viva.... Fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
GeorgeD1:

@EMMAACHILE,
I'm more interested in what happens after the 9 months subscription. What cost will he incur say in 18months, 24months, 36months, etc?
To say payTV is better than FTA regardless of the amount paid, whether one naira or five naira is rather misleading.
Peeps like us moved away from PAYTV not because we could not afford the subscription but because over a lifetime it is money better
spent elsewhere.

Mr Ameboperoo answered it right. He can subscribe when he feels like it or watch fta.
If he has cash, he can decide to use a motorized 1.8m dish with his Mytv 4940hd decoder. He gets best of both worlds.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
A little test I did on my 4922A

Upgraded to latest MYTV 1.78, inserted a card I found somewhere in the house. Result: Invalid Card

Upgraded to lastest Middle East 1.80, inserted card. It took it, no complaint.

The card is not subscribed, registered, paired or anything.

Now the problem is how do I get a subscription on this "rogue" card to see if it will actually open MBCs?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Spy360:
@Aveton,
if you love fta and seek unlimited possibilities then get the 1.8m and keep your 4922a.

But if you just want mytv and enjoy their cheap fairly quality services then get a 90cm and the 4940hd.
Mbc services are very okay for d price 1k,Nollywood station with new movies(mytv Africa),MBC channels like Mbc2,MbcAction,MbcPower,Mbc Maxi,Etc Trace Urban for music,and more stations all on good quality pictures,and I also receive my normal FTA stations Channelstv,Waptv,AIT,NTAI,Silverbird,apart from biss keys,I now knw d value of 4940,its d bomb!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iliyande(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
coderXO:
A little test I did on my 4922A

Upgraded to latest MYTV 1.78, inserted a card I found somewhere in the house. Result: Invalid Card

Upgraded to lastest Middle East 1.80, inserted card. It took it, no complaint.

The card is not subscribed, registered, paired or anything.

Now the problem is how do I get a subscription on this "rogue" card to see if it will actually open MBCs?

Share the firmware link for us here please. There is always a way out. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
iliyande:

Share the firmware link for us here please. There is always a way out. Thanks

http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=SRT4920_4922_4922A_180p_150624.zip&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East&
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iliyande(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
graphicicon:
@Emmachile,
if i have money i will the product, cos i know if i can share my internet connection from my laptop to my decorder, all the valid iptv channels will be blazing, just tell me the right wifi adapter that can work very well on my 4922A decorder thats all i want u to advice me, also tell me the price of the wifi adapter.
List of adapters that work on strong 4922a
dwa 125 rev A3
dlink dwa 125 rev B1
Tenda wifi adapter
Pay attention to the h/w version. See attached image

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
so it mean dat our 1.8 meter dish wil render useless? As irib has left us in dark nw, gurus in d house plz cum to our aid o o o o
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by koxyz: 3:25am On Jun 29, 2015
How much is the 4940 in market? Is it compulsory I get the decoder from accredited MTV dealer for it to accept their card.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:04am On Jun 29, 2015
Blackshort:
Never exchange your 4922A for any strong decoder. 4922A is so far the best of all strong decoders. We don't know what future holds for us. In the world of FTA, decoders which don't accept biss keys are the useless of all decoders. And that renders 4940 almost useless. From experience, all FTA channels which show big live matches are locked with biss.
..you are right!some live feed channels are locked on biss..yesterday one HD feed channel locked with biss surfaced on Intelsat c band..it could be live anything! unfortunately no key yet!that is globecast HD feed France.. grin..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JUO(m): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Channels locked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2015
koxyz:
How much is the 4940 in market? Is it compulsory I get the decoder from accredited MTV dealer for it to accept their card.
its 15k at present and its not a must u get it from their accredited dealer but make sure its original. Click here to check. www.strong-technologies.com/service/is-it-genuine/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2015
Discovered New C band/unknown satellite/africa coverage with one test channel between 40east and 42 east..suspect Russian satellite

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2015
odilibe:
Discovered New C band/unknown satellite/africa coverage with one test channel between 40east and 42 east..suspect Russian satellite
finally solved the puzzle..new satellite expressAM 7 at 40east..launched on march 2015 with steerable beam covering west Africa...with only one c band test channel available at the moment...
frequency: 3708v/h 4278 circular band!
happy haunting..untill something good shows up.. grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2015
odilibe:
finally solved the puzzle..new satellite expressAM 7 at 40east..launched on march 2015 with steerable beam covering west Africa...with only one c band test channel available at the moment...
frequency: 3708v/h 4278 circular band!
happy haunting..untill something good shows up.. grin
make irib join them o, lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2015
They are on 11w c band too.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
Update

Rwanda TV - (3630L 1667 - Auto) on Amos-5/Ku @ 17E

BBC World Service - (3695R 1412 - 1/2) on SES-4/C @ 22W

Emmanuel TV - (4141L 1925 - 8/9) on SES-4/C @ 22W
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Folbim777(m): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Mbc services are very okay for d price 1k,Nollywood station with new movies(mytv Africa),MBC channels like Mbc2,MbcAction,MbcPower,Mbc Maxi,Etc Trace Urban for music,and more stations all on good quality pictures,and I also receive my normal FTA stations Channelstv,Waptv,AIT,NTAI,Silverbird,apart from biss keys,I now knw d value of 4940,its d bomb!
God, FTA as turn to PAYTV annoucement.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
blexxonmak:
Update

Rwanda TV - (3630L 1667 - Auto) on Amos-5/Ku @ 17E

BBC World Service - (3695R 1412 - 1/2) on SES-4/C @ 22W

Emmanuel TV - (4141L 1925 - 8/9) on SES-4/C @ 22W
Also nta Nigeria on intelsat903@34.5east C band! 3779H3778 (CIRCULAR)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nasiroulatif: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Odilibe we must use the di-electrique or not to track this new satellite AM 7
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nu123kolo: 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
swordswifter:
Oh!
What a world.
So he finally revealed himself and admits he is a liar as he really is.
Damn
What a pity.
Soon the child that cried wolf wolf will be known to the people and they shall hear his cries no more.
*Each of us will get what we deserve.
It is only the People's who don't know you will regard you
For me you have noting to but on table
Empty bottles your names can be on nairaland only
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nis70: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
pls guys, is APSTAR 7 @ 76.5east trackable with 1.8metre dish in the south west?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omokoaustine(m): 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
ThankGod we are not interested in your so called champion hd. We have successfully turned it to uc2 hd. Eat your software .

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nu123kolo: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
omokoaustine:
ThankGod we are not interested in your so called champion hd. We have successfully turned it to uc2 hd. Eat your software .
Good for you
Rob Peter and pay to Paul grin grin ;DD on your Decoder go to internet radio and check you will see U2C.net hahahahaha
I don't like MTN SA cos MTN Nigeria is best grin ;DD

Better go for srt 4940 or srt 4972 and enjoy your live or go for 4922a many options for you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nu123kolo: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
If any of you who think he is good it is better you pick up sdicking and work for your own and stop noises softwares are made by humans why not use common sense?
Tools for devolping are available if you are good please it is not on installation forum that you will hype your self ,let as see your work on board

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.