Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why I Left Islam [my Story] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Islam [my Story] (3618 Views)

Islam My New Found Faith / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / TB Joshua: Why I Left South Sudan Quietly Without Thank You In Cash Or Kind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 5:46pm On May 15, 2022
I've always wanted to make a thread about this but the recent Deborah incident is what really made me made up my mind to share my story.

I was born in a yoruba Muslim family,my mom was a teacher and my dad was a contractor,non of them were ever impulsive about religion to me, apart from the usually"go to mosque!!" And the Ramadan fastings,I believed I was just as good as anybody regardless of religion,I had a Muslim first name but I never used it cause it was hard to pronounce,I always used my Yoruba middle name,most people were very shocked whenever I told them that I was a Muslim,they usually say I don't behave like a Muslim which I think they mean the whole "holy holy" attitude alot of them carry.

I saw Christianity and Islam as two side of the same coin and good people will make it to heaven regardless,the problem started when I started islamia and alot of Muslim there usually criticize Christan and whenever I tried to defend them I get attack with "your not a serious Muslim" I began to questions what Islam is all about.

When I was a teenager I had a English translation Quran i enjoyed it really,but it felt like a mere story book to me,I had a an uncle that was very impulsive about religion to me,he was always angry that I don't use my Muslim name and all other things,he Sha disciplined me to learn and behave more Muslim like.

Which led to more problems for me,the more I try to learn about Islam the more questions i raised,I was even hated in my Islamia for always asking"stupid questions" like why do I have to pray in Arabic ,why can't I just pray in English or Yoruba does god not understand my language ,and why do we bow to Meeca to worship god is Meeca the home of god" and all sorts of questioning.

Then I learned about the history of colonisim and that when I realized the ugly truth," the only reason I am a Muslim today is because hundreds of years ago Arabs came to Africa to inslave and force their religion on our ancestors"same thing for Christianity.

I realized that it was all a lie complete fiction and propaganda,they are thousands of religion in the world and telling me that only one is the way is complete BS,they just forced they beliefs on everyone they meet. angry

When you realize that the arabs that forged this whole thing doesn't even give two shit about Africans, lipsrsealed,they feel we are inferior and we are worshipping and killing for their god lipsrsealed, complete nonsence angry

AM OUT.....no more mental slavery,no more unnecessary hatred,no more felling inferior,I ended it all,I will never step foot in a mosque or starve myself in the name of fasting for a fake Arabian sun god angry

and I am now FREE,am not a Muslim nor am I a Christan I believe in a good god but not necessarily any religion smiley

If you are a Muslim reading this I honestly fell bad for you,you think you are right but you are wrong cry

All I have to say to you is.....

BREAK THE CHAiN!!!

#StopTheMadness
#SayNowToMentalsSalvery
#JusticeForDeborah

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by after4: 5:49pm On May 15, 2022
hope you know that allah told mohammed that all blacks will go to hell and he don't care and all white will go to "heaven"!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Haakeem(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
Oga you where never a muslim, and i really enjoyed your moonlight tale.

1 bottle of chilled zobo for yah.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 5:56pm On May 15, 2022
after4:
hope you know that allah told mohammed that all blacks will go to hell and he don't care and all white will go to "heaven"!
they see us as inferior tongue

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2022
Haakeem:

I glad we agree undecided
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Transcriber: 5:59pm On May 15, 2022
Leave the oppresive abrahamic religions alone.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by duro4chang(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2022
Haakeem:

Give your proof.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by decatalyst(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2022
Religion is the opium of the people.

Only a few don't get high on it.
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2022
Haakeem:

and what make a real Muslim? undecided
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2022
cry

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by after4: 6:14pm On May 15, 2022
i dont understand arabic but i am sure of what i am saying. sometimes i wonder why any one will pay attention to islam, most especially the educated ones. hope you know that even mohammed was not sure if he was going to heaven or hell? thats why they always pray that "peace be with him wherever he is"

VandalSavage:
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by muyico(m): 6:19pm On May 15, 2022
Sin of abraham cause all dis.abraham isnt upright with GOD! When he clock 97yrs GOD! Said walk with me uprightly. He slept with hagar egypt slave.she idol worshipper.read ur bible vry wel and c d generation of muslim. "Ishmael"
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:20pm On May 15, 2022
after4:
i dont understand arabic but i am sure of what i am saying. sometimes i wonder why any one will pay attention to islam, most especially the educated ones. hope you know that even mohammed was not sure if he was going to heaven or hell? thats why they always pray that "peace be with him wherever he is"

is all BS bro,we are all humans we shouldn't let religion separate us wink

And if you ask them any if these questions they will wine you like no tomorrow grin
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Choilila: 6:21pm On May 15, 2022
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CHRISTIAN,BUDDHISM, HINDU, OR MUSLIM AS RELIGION, YOU HEART IS YOUR RELIGION.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by cocolacec(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2022
VandalSavage:
Whites see us as inferiors too.Blacks are on the same level with dogs according to Charles Darwin.
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by cocolacec(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2022
Choilila:
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM AS
RELIGION, YOU HEART IS YOUR RELIGION.

Humanity and Empathy should be our religion.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by after4: 6:23pm On May 15, 2022
no be if you get time you go ask them? make any of them talk nonsense i go bring am out for am verse by verse. this is no longer the time when things are in hard copy.

VandalSavage:
is all BS bro,we are all humans we shouldn't let religion separate us wink

And if you ask them any if these questions they will wine you like no tomorrow grin
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Web2020: 6:25pm On May 15, 2022
Islam is the problem of this world. A region of poverty. A religion that enjoys sulking human blood. A religion of destruction. How can you fight for your God that is met to protect you and fight for you

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by after4: 6:25pm On May 15, 2022
at least we dont kill for charles darwin.

imagine allah telling his followers that he is testing them to see if they will obey him by killing others including norminal muslims to see if they are faithful, that he could have done the killing himself

cocolacec:

Whites see us as inferiors too.Blacks are on the same level with dogs according to Charles Darwin.
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Choilila: 6:27pm On May 15, 2022
cocolacec:

And how do you expect someone to have Humanity and Empathy as a Religion if you heart is not pure? OR having a dead, black mind towards your fellow beings?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2022
after4:

imagine allah telling his followers that he is testing them to see if they will obey him by killing others including norminal muslims to see if they are faithful, that he could have done the killing himself

lol,see person god oo! grin
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2022
Choilila:
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CHRISTIAN,BUDDHISM, HINDU, OR MUSLIM AS RELIGION, YOU HEART IS YOUR RELIGION.
I don't who you are but I love you now

#onelove
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by VandalSavage(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2022
cocolacec:

I wish so cry
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Choilila: 6:31pm On May 15, 2022
VandalSavage:
I don't who you are but I love you now

#onelove

#onelove.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by after4: 6:37pm On May 15, 2022
guy no be joke oh

VandalSavage:
lol,see person god oo! grin
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by cocolacec(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2022
Choilila:

And how do you expect someone to have Humanity and Empathy as a Religion if you heart is not pure? OR having a dead, black mind towards your fellow beings?
Foreign Religions poisoned our minds(Us Vs infidels,goy,unbelievers,Kufar,enemies of God).

You will never see Sango or Ogun worshipper condemning others to hell fire.
How come out of all the good things in the world,Whites and Arabs only gave us religion after treating our ancestors worse than animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwHRrkH6Ig
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by trifted404: 6:56pm On May 15, 2022
I'm so fuckíng scared of Islam
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by cocolacec(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2022
after4:

imagine allah telling his followers that he is testing them to see if they will obey him by killing others including norminal muslims to see if they are faithful, that he could have done the killing himself.

That is the ideology of wahabis,a sect originating from Saudi.They kill muslims who disagree with their evil ways.They are imposters who love to shed blood under the cover of religion.
It has nothing to do with God.Those were the people Ghadaffi fought before America took him out.
These wahabis are supported by the West with weapons to forment trouble all over the world.They are the new warlords of this century.
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by DorianD(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2022
Mohammedians will we from this thread
Re: Why I Left Islam [my Story] by Upworkwriter007(f): 7:09pm On May 15, 2022
after4:
Why pray in arabic, why face mecca....i think answering those two questions could have convinced him better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa Impacting Reinhard Bonnke In 1985 Lagos Crusade (photo) / Miss Linda Died And Was Approaching The Gates Of Heaven / Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.