Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) (20543 Views)

Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana / Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law / Court Orders AGF To Remove Section 84(12) From Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by SEGLIZ: 6:57am On May 16, 2022
the story long o.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by samdede(m): 6:58am On May 16, 2022
Doing everything to stay in power.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Awoleesu(m): 7:02am On May 16, 2022
affable4:
Malami will just be using Buhari's name to achieve his personal desires.
...because the latter is a dummy!
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Caseless: 7:05am On May 16, 2022
My Lords, we must commend the audacious attempt by the plaintiffs to build a castle in the air. However, we must be guided by our knowledge of the law of physics and the dynamics of our mortal world in calling the plaintiffs to order so as to prevent the impending waste of state resources by embarking on what should be ordinarily be found within the infantile imagination of a six-year-old who is still exploring the infant probabilities of overindulgence in Marvel comics.”

Omo!!!

This lawyer no de fear God. See TKO.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 7:11am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Malami and Buhari..Make una rest na.

Even though i cannot understand why Ministers need to resign while Governors and Presidents and VP's don't need to.

They claim that ministers would use their offices to their advantage but what about the elected ones? Won't they use their office to their advantage? Even worse!

The law is discriminatory, if they can't ask the President and Governors to resign no need asking Ministers and co to.

What's so difficult in understanding the difference between elected and appointed?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Freebills12: 7:12am On May 16, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Manny21:
The damage is already done. By the time the Supreme court decides, it would have been too late for Malami. I understand he has withdrawn his gubernatorial ambition

Are you still a kid, someone is holding his for him, will step for him in due time. He is trying to eliminate obstacles
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 7:14am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

What's so difficult in understanding the difference between elected and appointed?
And what is so difficult in understanding that; in an election process, elected officials can use their office to their advantage as much as an appointed official can?

To explain to you further;

Its just like telling appointed officials; "you have to resign because you cannot use your office as an advantage to contest.
But you elected officials, go ahead, use your office to your advantage!"

Now Does this make any sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Freebills12: 7:18am On May 16, 2022
[/color][color=#000099][quote author=teejet post=112875007]They were caught in their own TRAP.

Too late to make u-turn.

And by the way, why so much concern for the withdrawal of this clause?

It can only be because of their own SELFISH INTEREST.[color=#000

It may be but Malami is doing his job which he failed to do at abinitio. We can't have two conflicting laws in one constitution, when we Attorney General of the Federation who also happens to be the minister of law.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 7:18am On May 16, 2022
Section 84 sub12 has done its job already. Malami lost his governorship bid, Ngige withdrew,others resigned their appointment. Thanks to INEC for not shifting the date of closure of primaries. By the time the supreme court comes up with her judgement,the whole exercise would've been done and dusted.

People like Malami must never be found in any influential office after Buhari tenure.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Freebills12: 7:22am On May 16, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Indispensable85:
Section 84 sub12 has done its job already. Malami lost his governorship bid, Ngige withdrew,others resigned their appointment. Thanks to INEC for not shifting the date of closure of primaries. By the time the supreme court comes up with her judgement,the whole exercise would've been done and dusted.

People like Malami must never be found in any influential office after Buhari tenure.

You miscalculated by forgetting that people can still hold it for them in proxy pending to the determination of the court

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
And what is so difficult in understanding that; in an election process, elected officials can use their office to their advantage as much as an appointed official can?

Its just like telling appointed officials; "you have to resign because you cannot use your office as an advantage to contest.

If the president or governor leaves the office before election you've created a vacuum.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 7:24am On May 16, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You miscalculated by forgetting that people can still hold it for them in proxy pending to the determination of the court

Not in the case of kebbi. Try to find out what is happening in kebbi right now concerning the governorship race.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Olamide0918(m): 7:26am On May 16, 2022
No Sense People Hiss ��
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by olas24u(f): 7:27am On May 16, 2022
Any rigging or mistake, the country will kaput. Please make a mistake and rig it.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Dagger111(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2022
Political appointees give the Executive arm an undue advantage during party conventions and congresses for elective office. Political appointees seeking elective office deny other aspirants a level playing field if they remain in the office during the primaries”,
Infact, Sections 66(1)f; 107(1)f; 137(1)g; and 182(1)g of the 1999 Constitution which the judge cited in her judgment did not cover political appointees because they are not public servants.
There are a plethora of cases in which the status of a public servant has been defined. One of the cases is that of ADAMU V. TAKORI (2010) ALL FWLR (P. 540) 1387 C.A”. The Court of Appeal held that a political appointee like the Attorney-General is not a public servant employed in the service of the federation or of a state and is therefore not covered by Section 318(1) of the Constitution”.
Political appointees are not public servants that they exist at the pleasure of the appointers who can hire and fire without recourse to the public service rule which is not the case for a public servant, as the Executive cannot fire a public servant without going through the laid down procedure in the Public Service Book.
By global convention, once political appointees are interested in public office, they resign immediately before the party’s timetable is out. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by crackhouse(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2022
His candidate has been disqualified and he's running un and down to pave way for him. I suspect Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Pappyjulie196(m): 7:38am On May 16, 2022
They all want to eat their cake and still have it , I'm sure it because of the said section 84(12) Malami withdrew his governorship ambition , if not he will contesting and also as AGF.. they are self-Centred

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Eriokanmi: 7:42am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Malami and Buhari..Make una rest na.

Even though i cannot understand why Ministers need to resign while Governors and Presidents and VP's don't need to.

They claim that ministers would use their offices to their advantage but what about the elected ones? Won't they use their office to their advantage? Even worse!

The law is discriminatory, if they can't ask the President and Governors to resign no need asking Ministers and co to.
Obviously, you don't understand the difference. President and VP were elected into office by the Nigerian people while those cabinet members you mentioned were appointed. They're political apppintees. The only one being hurt right now is Malami, that greedy fellow. I'm so happy with the NA's stance on this

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by SarkinYarki: 7:43am On May 16, 2022
I doubt this govt has plans to handover
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:46am On May 16, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
At this point, let Nigerians not focus on Bubari. He is exiting already. Focus on the one coming for the future. All these criminals like Tinubu already have loyalists and belong to cabals. Those people are the tools that he will use to embezzle our future. He cannot prosecute those people because they stand as pillars to him.

A man who has so many thugs around him and has pledge to smear this country with dirt, cannot be a president. A man who suffers from incontinence stemming from prolapsed STI contracted from several partners and Alzheimer disease. A man who bribed his way out of justice and suffers from chronic bronchial inflammation.

The kinda shiet that I shat this morning after the buffet last night is outrageously disturbing. I spent 25 minutes dropping missiles without warheads. If I had donated this to the Ukrainians, the war would have been over by now. Last night, there was Italian, Lasagna my fave. Oh my goodness. There was Sushi, dumplings, Salmon, Ribollita, sauced escargot and sautéed briskets. Red wine and some kinda cocktail if you know what's up. Hmm oga if I tell you how many rounds I made! At a point, I started eating from the line.

After everything they brought desserts. I was staring at all my faves and my stomach was building a Trump wall between us. I had to be rolled to my home since my legs were not built to carry such overload.

All through the night, I would roll from one end to the other. It has been 3 years since I truly ate this way. Before the Pandemic. Sometimes, you have to enjoy yourself and care less. My stomach feels like my 6 packs disappeared. Chai.

I need an encore but after 3 weeks of intense work out.

abeg which brand of weed did you smoke this early morning?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by pmc01(m): 7:52am On May 16, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
At this point, let Nigerians not focus on Bubari. He is exiting already. Focus on the one coming for the future. All these criminals like Tinubu already have loyalists and belong to cabals. Those people are the tools that he will use to embezzle our future. He cannot prosecute those people because they stand as pillars to him.

A man who has so many thugs around him and has pledge to smear this country with dirt, cannot be a president. A man who suffers from incontinence stemming from prolapsed STI contracted from several partners and Alzheimer disease. A man who bribed his way out of justice and suffers from chronic bronchial inflammation.

The kinda shiet that I shat this morning after the buffet last night is outrageously disturbing. I spent 25 minutes dropping missiles without warheads. If I had donated this to the Ukrainians, the war would have been over by now. Last night, there was Italian, Lasagna my fave. Oh my goodness. There was Sushi, dumplings, Salmon, Ribollita, sauced escargot and sautéed briskets. Red wine and some kinda cocktail if you know what's up. Hmm oga if I tell you how many rounds I made! At a point, I started eating from the line.

After everything they brought desserts. I was staring at all my faves and my stomach was building a Trump wall between us. I had to be rolled to my home since my legs were not built to carry such overload.

All through the night, I would roll from one end to the other. It has been 3 years since I truly ate this way. Before the Pandemic. Sometimes, you have to enjoy yourself and care less. My stomach feels like my 6 packs disappeared. Chai.

I need an encore but after 3 weeks of intense work out.

3 weeks of "intense" workout to undo the ruins from one night - such skewed tradeoff
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by freemanq(m): 7:52am On May 16, 2022
Why are u running after shadows dis man
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by pmc01(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:

Does it make sense to conduct bye-elections to replace resigning elected officials this late in the day?
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by iswallker(m): 7:58am On May 16, 2022
bggrafix:
Am not happy doing this but I ks I got sacked at my place . The hunger is too much

(Tolulope Bambo)

You can earn up to 2k daily working as labor on construction site - stop being lazy

undecided
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by descartes400: 7:59am On May 16, 2022
My Lords, we must commend the audacious attempt by the plaintiffs to build a castle in the air. However, we must be guided by our knowledge of the law of physics and the dynamics of our mortal world in calling the plaintiffs to order so as to prevent the impending waste of state resources by embarking on what should be ordinarily be found within the infantile imagination of a six-year-old who is still exploring the infant probabilities of overindulgence in Marvel comics.”

Vawulence raise to the power of 10
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by lailo: 8:00am On May 16, 2022
I don't understand the drama btw the two parties, anyone who understand should pls explain.Beside I heard that Buhari first sign the law, after taking legal advice from Malami.The two of them blind before?What is even the law in contention?
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by everythinggirly(f): 8:04am On May 16, 2022
Buhari should rest.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ozo13(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2022
Manny21:
The damage is already done. By the time the Supreme court decides, it would have been too late for Malami. I understand he has withdrawn his gubernatorial ambition
the funny man don choose another candidate he wants to support.perhaps they strike a deal to hand over to him when he is done.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:32am On May 16, 2022
pmc01:

3 weeks of "intense" workout to undo the ruins from one night - such skewed tradeoff
true
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:33am On May 16, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

abeg which brand of weed did you smoke this early morning?
peenubu weed
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by finito55: 8:38am On May 16, 2022

[color=#000099][/color]
But a least, he can vote in the convention

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 MASSOB Members Killed, 83 Injured, 500 Arrested In Raid Of MASSOB Offices ! / Mainagate: Dambazzau Absent As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Boss Mustapha Visits Femi Adesina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.