Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) (20554 Views)

Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana / Deletion Of Section 84(12): Malami Effects Judgement In Line With The Law / Court Orders AGF To Remove Section 84(12) From Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by donbrowser(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Malami and Buhari..Make una rest na.

Even though i cannot understand why Ministers need to resign while Governors and Presidents and VP's don't need to.

They claim that ministers would use their offices to their advantage but what about the elected ones? Won't they use their office to their advantage? Even worse!

The law is discriminatory, if they can't ask the President and Governors to resign no need asking Ministers and co to.

Elected people don't have access to election materials only appointed people can. For example ministry of finance will approve the funds for the election while CBN will store election materials etc. Buhari and Malami have a plan which should be prevented at all cost.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 8:47am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

If the president or governor leaves the office before election you've created a vacuum.
Ha. Is it that you people find it hard to understand or what?

Did i talk about them leaving office? Of course it is impossible for elected officers to leave office.

There is no point coming up with the excuse of anybody using their office to their advantage in elections since we all agree that it is impossible to implement it across board.

So my point is that the law is of little consequence and it is irrelevant.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by donbrowser(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2022
lailo:
I don't understand the drama btw the two parties, anyone who understand should pls explain.Beside I heard that Buhari first sign the law, after taking legal advice from Malami. The two of them blind before?What is even the law in contention?

Malami singlehandedly deleted that section before taking it to the president. He wants to remain Minister for Justice and still contest elections so he can use his office to maneuver justice for himself and the APC convention
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by zeyt: 8:48am On May 16, 2022
This shows they turn Buhari into a puppet to achieve their selfish goals.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 8:50am On May 16, 2022
pmc01:

Does it make sense to conduct bye-elections to replace resigning elected officials this late in the day?
No it doesn't.

And nobody talked about asking elected officials to resign.

My simple point is that the law is very discriminatory and should be cast aside.

There are millions of other sensible laws and important laws required in this country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Arielle: 8:51am On May 16, 2022
Last paragraph.....see finishing!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Bobloco: 9:09am On May 16, 2022
grin
“My Lords, we must commend the audacious attempt by the plaintiffs to build a castle in the air. However, we must be guided by our knowledge of the law of physics and the dynamics of our mortal world in calling the plaintiffs to order so as to prevent the impending waste of state resources by embarking on what should be ordinarily be found within the infantile imagination of a six-year-old who is still exploring the infant probabilities of overindulgence in Marvel comics.”
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ityP(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2022
Mandate2023:
Malami no wan leave aso rock......dey keep involving d same president that told them to resign in their fight grin grin grin

Malami didn't resign at all. Buhari love him so much
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by pmc01(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
No it doesn't.

And nobody talked about asking elected officials to resign.

My simple point is that the law is very discriminatory and should be cast aside.

There are millions of other sensible laws and important laws required in this country.

Of course, the law has always been described as an "ass".

About being discriminatory, doesn't an employer reserve the right to hire and fire an employee again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ityP(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:
Section 84 sub12 has done its job already. Malami lost his governorship bid, Ngige withdrew,others resigned their appointment. Thanks to INEC for not shifting the date of closure of primaries. By the time the supreme court comes up with her judgement,the whole exercise would've been done and dusted.

People like Malami must never be found in any influential office after Buhari tenure.

Lmao. The supreme court judgement is for next election. This charade by the Legislature will be corrected
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Buckeyemedia1: 10:07am On May 16, 2022
Donpuffy:
BUHARI will take you all by surprise when he finally opens up on his preferred candidate.

Let's keep watching as the story gets more interesting...
What is the surprise? It is continuity, Vice President Osinbajo is the chosen one.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 10:15am On May 16, 2022
ityP:

Lmao. The supreme court judgement is for next election. This charade by the Legislature will be corrected

PrinceofLagos u don enter ur second moniker. Lol........I know u well.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Ha. Is it that you people find it hard to understand or what?

Did i talk about them leaving office? Of course it is impossible for elected officers to leave office.

There is no point coming up with the excuse of anybody using their office to their advantage in elections since we all agree that it is impossible to implement it across board.

So my point is that the law is of little consequence and it is irrelevant.

Stop confusing yourself with rhetorics you can't comprehend. Your comparison of elected officials with appointed officials is suggestive of the fact that elected officials should resign too since it's all about taking advantage of the offices they occupy during election. How can you be arguing something whose import you don't understand? Oga move!
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 10:24am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

Stop confusing yourself with rhetorics you can't comprehend. Your comparison of elected officials with appointed officials is suggestive of the fact that elected officials should resign too since it's all about taking advantage of the offices they occupy during election. How can you be arguing something whose import you don't understand? Oga move!
Rubbish!

You lack comprehension, go back and read.

My suggestion is that no one should be made to resign at all.

You've goofed, stop trying desperately to cover up.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by cktheluckyman: 10:25am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:
Section 84 sub12 has done its job already. Malami lost his governorship bid, Ngige withdrew,others resigned their appointment. Thanks to INEC for not shifting the date of closure of primaries. By the time the supreme court comes up with her judgement,the whole exercise would've been done and dusted.

People like Malami must never be found in any influential office after Buhari tenure.
They can be re-apointed

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 10:28am On May 16, 2022
cktheluckyman:

They can be re-apointed

By Buhari? Hmmmmn
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 10:33am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Rubbish!

You lack comprehension, go back and read.

My suggestion is that no one should be made to resign at all.

You've goofed, stop trying desperately to cover up.

U be real mumu. Ur brain is made of shaft. The issue is about resignation from office before election simple. So your comparison was to the effect that what is good for the goose is good for the gander since what the law seeks to cure is political office holders using their office as advantage over others. Ur brain is fried! Your school fees is a waste. Maybe you need to enroll in an adult class. Bounce Mr dunce!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 10:45am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:
Malami and Buhari..Make una rest na.

Even though i cannot understand why Ministers need to resign while Governors and Presidents and VP's don't need to.

They claim that ministers would use their offices to their advantage but what about the elected ones? Won't they use their office to their advantage? Even worse!

The law is discriminatory, if they can't ask the President and Governors to resign no need asking Ministers and co to.
Indispensable85:

U be real mumu. Ur brain is made of shaft. The issue is about resignation from office before election simple. So your comparison was to the effect that what is good for the goose is good for the gander since what the law seeks to cure is political office holders using their office as advantage over others. Ur brain is fried! Your school fees is a waste. Maybe you need to enroll in an adult class. Bounce Mr dunce!

grin

Just imagine this meathead, go school for where,?

instead he went hawking fufu in the streets.

See above for my original post.

Even if you take this post to a kindergarten, you will learn that my comment;

"why do ministers need to resign when governors and the president do not need to because both sides have got the resources to manipulate the electoral process to their advantage."

simply means that ministers should not be forced to resign because elected officials don' t need to.

Stop being a silly busybody, you cannot be the one to tell me what i meant or did not mean.

The way you jumped onto my mentions like a mad man jumping into an uncompleted building, just jump out same way.

Nama like you.!
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:

grin

Just imagine this meathead, go school for where,?

instead he went hawking fufu in the streets.

See above for my original post.

Even if you take this post to a kindergarten, you will learn that my question;

"why do ministers need to resign when governors and the president do not need to because both sides have got the resources to manipulate the electoral process to their advantage."

simply means that ministers should not be forced to resign.

Stop being a silly busybody, you cannot be the one to tell me what i meant or did not mean.

The way you jumped onto my mentions like a mad man jumping into an uncompleted building, just jump out same way.

Nama like you.!

What you posted above are further confirming the fact that your brain is dead and doesn't function anymore. You need an urgent brain replacement surgery. Certified brainless dunce.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by tesppidd: 10:58am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

[s]What you posted above are further confirming the fact that your brain is dead and doesn't function anymore. You need an urgent brain replacement surgery. Certified brainles[/s]s dunce.

Just Fucck off and go gaggle on some more mkpurunmiri.

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ityP(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

PrinceofLagos u don enter ur second moniker. Lol........I know u well.

Does this mumu statement of yours invalidate what I just said? I don dey nairaland since 2012, so try dey talk something else grin
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2022
ityP:

Does this mumu statement of yours invalidate what I just said? I don dey nairaland since 2012, so try dey talk something else grin

I'm only telling you that your foolishness is now known to the whole world. Certified brainless clown.
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by openmine(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2022
“By assenting to the passage of the Electoral Bill, 2022 into law, the first plaintiff has conclusively discharged his duty under the Constitution and there is no basis to attempting to undo that which he has done by virtue of his powers under Section 58 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
The national assembly bamboozled baba slow-mo and his charge and bail AGF

“My Lords, we must commend the audacious attempt by the plaintiffs to build a castle in the air. However, we must be guided by our knowledge of the law of physics and the dynamics of our mortal world in calling the plaintiffs to order so as to prevent the impending waste of state resources by embarking on what should be ordinarily be found within the infantile imagination of a six-year-old who is still exploring the infant probabilities of overindulgence in Marvel comics.”
Chai grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2022
tesppidd:

Just Fucck off and go gaggle on some more mkpurunmiri.

grin grin grin

Ozuor just bounce
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 12:35pm On May 16, 2022
kmarerin:
How will president take himself to court? cheesy the man has a preferred candidate, if not why all these clamour for consensus?

Yes is true
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ityP(m): 3:58pm On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

I'm only telling you that your foolishness is now known to the whole world. Certified brainless clown.

I'm not PrinceofLagos again? grin I didn't even say anything sef. I just told you wassup. Supreme court will delete that section and Buhari may still end up reappointing all who resigned when they lose primaries. The charade of legislature will be reversed. Simple as ABC grin
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2022
ityP:

I'm not PrinceofLagos again? grin I didn't even say anything sef. I just told you wassup. Supreme court will delete that section and Buhari may still end up reappointing all who resigned when they lose primaries. The charade of legislature will be reversed. Simple as ABC grin

Lol..... PrinceofLagos bye
Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by ityP(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2022
Indispensable85:

Lol..... PrinceofLagos bye

Lmao. PrinceofLagos go still tackle you again grin. But na me be una medicine for this nairaland. Una dey always run cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) by Indispensable85(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
ityP:

Lmao. PrinceofLagos go still tackle you again grin. But na me be una medicine for this nairaland. Una dey always run cheesy grin

No worry I go deal with una by month end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Presidential Villa Without The President - Olalekan Adetayo / Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / Opinion Poll Tips Oke To Win Ondo Election - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.