Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers (6670 Views)

FIRS Generates ₦4.9trn, Unveils Call Centre To Address Taxpayers’ Complaints / Sallah: FIRS Felicitates With Muslims, Extends Filing Deadline For Taxpayers / FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by BrandSpurNG: 7:56pm On May 16, 2022
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), on Monday in Abuja, commended the nation’s top taxpayers in 2021 for their exceptional efforts and contributions.

It said their support and contributions had provided funds for the government to meet its social contract with the citizens.

The list of top taxpayers included the Nigeria Liquefied Petroleum Gas Company Ltd., which was recognized as the most supportive taxpayer, and the Nigeria National Petroleum Company which was listed as the highest taxpayer.

Others included Mobil Producing Limited, Star Deep Water Petroleum, MTN Nigeria Communications Plc, Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited, Chevron Nigeria Limited and Total E & P Nigeria Plc.

FIRS Hails Top Taxpayers
Dangote Cement, Nigeria Breweries Plc, Total Upstream Nigeria Ltd, Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals Ltd, Nigeria Agip Oil Co. Ltd, British American Tobacco Marketing, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Stanbic IBC Bank Plc and Lafarge Africa Plc were also listed as top performers.

The FIRS also appreciated the Northern Cables Processing and Manufacturing Limited (NOCACO) and Ikeja Electric Plc for being the most improved in tax filing and VAT compliance, respectively.

In a statement issued by the Executive Chairman, Muhammad Nami on Monday in Abuja, Nami thanked the country’s taxpayers.

He said without them FIRS would not have been able to achieve the feat it recorded in 2021 where it surpassed its tax collection target.

He said that despite the harsh economic conditions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, FIRS crossed the N6 trillion threshold for the first time.

“The FIRS is pleased to celebrate the top performing taxpayers who contributed to its success in 2021.

“The feat recorded by the service was made possible by the uncommon leadership of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, the active support of our supervisory Ministry and the backing of the National Assembly.

“To everyone who contributed to FIRS’ success in 2021, we say thank you, especially, our much esteemed taxpayers.

“They defied the very harsh global economic conditions imposed by the lingering COVID-19 pandemic to produce a heroic performance in tax payment, compliance and support,“ he said.

Nami urged all taxpayers to join hands with the FIRS to make taxation the pivot of the nation’s development and economic growth.

https://brandspurng.com/2022/05/16/firs-hails-top-taxpayers/

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by successmatters(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2022
Even me am hailing the taxpayers too. Paying tax while knowing that it will be looted and will never benefit your business takes a very high level of stupidity to do.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 16, 2022
this is really stupid ! congratulating people on what should be their Obligation to the govt, nigeria is just upside down i don't know if this upside down thinking is going to ever change, kai, Nigeria's problems is a daredevil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 16, 2022
Who else notices that aside federal government agencies like NNPC and NLPG, the highest contributors are banks, oil companies and telecoms?

Yet some idiats will be taking glory for it as if it's their personal sacrifice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Nairalandguru(m): 5:10am On May 17, 2022
We innit!!!
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Benblaq(m): 5:12am On May 17, 2022
Una no hail me too? I pay tax like a worker even as a student.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by jayworld15(m): 5:13am On May 17, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Who else notices that aside federal government agencies like NNPC and NLPG, the highest contributors are banks, oil companies and telecoms?

Yet some idiats will be taking glory for it as if it's their personal sacrifice.

We all pay tax through these agencies you just mentioned. Abi your mumu brain no dey tell u, innit? A bricklayer can lay claim to the glory of a house. The same thing can be said of the electrician, the carpenter, etc. Have you seen CR7's being told without Sporting Lisbon or Andorinha or Madrid? Neither can you see other players'development being mentioned without the contributing clubs to their growth being mentioned. The truth is even a beggar pays tax in his society.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:15am On May 17, 2022
Praises kill u there
They are paying nothing to show for it....
Thieves.......

1 Like

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by swesagendum: 5:16am On May 17, 2022
undecided these companies paying taxes are really trying because imagine paying taxes when the Country is not working.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by cardoso514: 5:16am On May 17, 2022
dont just praise us.pls do the needfull,let THE TAX PAID REFLECT ON OUR LIFE AND LIVELIHOOD.
GIVE THE PEOPLE TAX REBATE,FOOD RATION etc
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by nijanigga: 5:17am On May 17, 2022
Heathrow44:
this is really stupid ! congratulating people on what should be their Obligation to the govt, nigeria is just upside down i don't know if this upside down thinking is going to ever change, kai, Nigeria's problems is a daredevil
They should pay thier fair share
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by chukkystar(m): 5:18am On May 17, 2022
Tax with no Accountability. Dangote built road in exchange for tax, that's how it should be done instead of giving FIRS money that might be stolen.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Tonypens48(m): 5:22am On May 17, 2022
Everyone defending what favours them. undecided

Kindly check my signature below for your Academic research writing services, Assignments, Projects, content writing, etc...
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by dahmie2013: 5:37am On May 17, 2022
Nice one FIRS... We need more of these.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Lush100(m): 5:48am On May 17, 2022
Did I see NNPC?
U mean this looting govt appendage whose main duty is to maximize Nigeria's petroleum potential by refining crude oil but had been ALLOCATED budget of maintenance iand salary in trillions but has not refined even a drop of crude oil even with crude oil now about 110 dollar pet barrel is being praised in paying taxes?
FIRS must be worse than NNPC then
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by seunak2016: 6:14am On May 17, 2022
don't think I can pay direct personal tax in this country

it's better i used the money build road in my community or donate to public school and see results myself
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by jclassiq(m): 6:47am On May 17, 2022
Heathrow44:

You don't understnd what is going on.

It's more like thanking them for providing the funds they are going to loot and embezzle.

Every sector in this is mired in massive massive corruption.

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Focusmind: 6:54am On May 17, 2022
This is one of the most stupid thing to do. Praising tax payers for their obligation to the country. Well, in a country where people and entities pays zero to nothing as tax, what do you expect. Even my own effective tax rate may be higher than all these mentioned corporations. But since they are companies with big war chest, they are recognized.

One of the biggest hindrances to tax compliance in Nigeria is corruption and trust. Citizens do not see their government as an accountable government. When you see how the way elected and appointed leaders lives their lives and loot the country, the disincentive to pay tax diminishes. People will not want to pay taxes when they know that the leaders are going to loot the money.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Nobody: 6:55am On May 17, 2022
jclassiq:

You don't understnd what is going on.

It's more like thanking them for providing the funds they are going to loot and embezzle.

Every sector in this is mired in massive massive corruption.

I know, is so stupid for the FIRS to be doing this!
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by SeniorGee(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2022
I bet more than 90% generated from the south.!
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by talk2hb1(m): 8:08am On May 17, 2022
My Name no dey their undecided
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Lush100(m): 9:09am On May 17, 2022
A lot of ministries and parastatal are owing Power distribution companies in billions of naira even in Abuja but they expect people earning minimum wage to pay for inflated estimated bills and outrageous rates.
Hypocrites.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by cocolacec(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2022
BrandSpurNG:

https://brandspurng.com/2022/05/16/firs-hails-top-taxpayers/

FIRS you forgot to name the Developers Company Plc.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by cocolacec(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2022
SeniorGee:
I bet more than 90% generated from the south.!
From SW and SS.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by tonididdy(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2022
Only these companies task reach to power this nation yearly

But....
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by spydera: 2:30pm On May 17, 2022
successmatters:
Even me am hailing the taxpayers too. Paying tax while knowing that it will be looted and will never benefit your business takes a very high level of stupidity to do.
Swears guuuuuy
lol
We are all taxpayers, one way or the other.
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Emmayorejoice: 6:27pm On May 18, 2022
Na wa oh. I did not see Emmayo Services grin
Re: FIRS Praises Top Taxpayers by Thazard(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
chukkystar:
Tax with no Accountability. Dangote built road in exchange for tax, that's how it should be done instead of giving FIRS money that might be stolen.
Makes sense!

(1) (Reply)

Magnus Abe: My Return To APC Won’t Cause Friction / EUROBOMBER Returns To Nairaland / Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.