Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister (18076 Views)

How Transportation Minister, Amaechi, Deceived President Buhari, Procured Low Qu / See How Transportation Minister Amaechi Rotimi Escaped Kidnappers This Night / Transportation Minister, Rotimi Amaechi Appears Before Senate Committee Over $2. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by nero2face: 10:48pm On May 16, 2022
Frontline Presidential aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, on Monday, officially resigned his position in the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari as the Minister of Transportation to focus on his aspiration to contest for the 2023 presidency.

In a press statement issued by the Amaechi Presidential Media Committee (APMC) signed by Kingsley Wali, in Abuja, Amaechi in his resignation letter expressed profound gratitude to the President for considering him fit to serve in his administration.

He equally thanked Buhari for the enormous support given him, which he said, was responsible for the tremendous record of achievements he made in the Ministry of Transportation over the last seven years.

The statement quoted Amaechi as saying in his resignation letter: “It is with mixed feelings that I tender my resignation as the Minister of Transportation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to contest for the Presidential ticket of our great party, the All Progressives Congress.

“Your Excellency, it has been a great honour and privilege serving as a member of your cabinet following your historic victory at the polls in 2015. Under your administration, the Ministry of Transportation has recorded significant achievements, made possible by your visionary support and commitment to ensuring that we deliver on our mandate.

“As I embark on the next phase of our mission to work towards a better Nigeria for ALL NIGERIANS, I humbly seek Your Excellency’s prayers, blessings and look towards your continuous support and guidance.
“Your Excellency, whilst humbly seeking your kind consideration of my request please accept the assurances of my highest esteem.”

Amaechi, the 56-year-old quintessential politician believed to be the most qualified among those aspiring to secure the ticket of the APC for the 2023 presidential election, is widely reckoned as the best performing minister in the Buhari’s cabinet. The kind of zeal and energy with which he carried on in his revolutionization of the transport sector was never seen in any previous Minister of Transportation in the country.

All the agencies under his direct supervision – Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), Nigeria Port Authority (NPA), Nigerian Shippers Council (NSC), Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), etc – have been remarkably transformed and repositioned for better performance and greater efficiency in their operations.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/breaking-amaechi-officially-resigns-as-transportation-minister/

24 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by OBALOLA55(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2022
O SURE FUN MAN YI SHA cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by Indispensable85(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2022
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by nero2face: 10:51pm On May 16, 2022
If PDP fail to give Peter Obi ticket then Amaechi has my vote...

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by God1000(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2022
Good riddance to bad rubbish, he has done absolutely nothing in his ministry

I have a question guys, what is wrong with black man, why can't we govern ourselves and make positive rapid strides?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by yyba: 10:54pm On May 16, 2022
Mr WIKE please implement your commission of inquiry report sharp sharp AMEACHI is no longer a minister.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by IgOga(m): 11:00pm On May 16, 2022
Finally .....I am surprised sha grin All the best Mr. Amaechi....welcome to the job market

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by LibertyRep: 11:15pm On May 16, 2022
Shebi by June 2nd, we will know who the anointed one is.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by Ademola47(m): 11:16pm On May 16, 2022
Good move...
Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by justicechichex: 11:17pm On May 16, 2022
He wants to face his presidential ambition squarely. I doubt he'll even win the primaries...

21 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by nero2face: 11:27pm On May 16, 2022
yyba:
Mr WIKE please implement your commission of inquiry report sharp sharp AMEACHI is no longer a minister.
a Tinubu fan already feeling threatened... Ur fear will soon overwhelm u

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by Nigerialabalaba: 11:33pm On May 16, 2022
IgOga:
Finally .....I am surprised sha grin All the best Mr. Amaechi....welcome to the job market

Wike and Magnus Abe go do homecoming ceremony for am first grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by haffaze777(m): 11:36pm On May 16, 2022
God bless ameachi

51 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by ufuosman(m): 11:42pm On May 16, 2022
I see him as buhari candidate

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by Agwotulumbe(f): 11:45pm On May 16, 2022
nero2face:
same here.

the goal and the slogan remains
SE/SS presidency or the north continues.
simple!
those thinking 2023 will be party base elections will be surprised.
2023 is all about interests, equity and fairness.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by slivertongue: 12:18am On May 17, 2022
Ok. Hope he won't withdraw from the race?
Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by yyba: 12:34am On May 17, 2022
nero2face:
a Tinubu fan already feeling threatened... Ur fear will soon overwhelm u
so anyone that spoke his/her mind different from you is a supporter of tinubu to you ko ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by Ekpeitit(m): 12:52am On May 17, 2022
Good,now bring all that money you stole make boys chop.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by sotall(m): 12:53am On May 17, 2022
undecided
Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by MrMcJay(m): 1:30am On May 17, 2022
It is a good thing that Amaechi has resigned to pursue his ambitions. He has the courage a political bushbaby like Malami lacks. Malami couldn't fight for ordinary Guber ticket.
Amaechi is a solid candidate and I wish him luck. Wike and Magnus Ave are waiting for him in Rivers.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by englishmart(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2022
nero2face:
Before anybody can have your single vote, they need to win the primaries first. You're not a delegate, whether off or online.
So rest, sir.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by PrinceOfLagos: 5:28am On May 17, 2022
Nice one
Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by adioolayi(m): 5:28am On May 17, 2022
Game on!

I hope the delegates no deceive Ameachi enter voicemail so

Time will tell...

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by PrinceOfLagos: 5:28am On May 17, 2022
englishmart:
EFCC, over to you.
For what ?

Someone believed to be Buhari chosen one?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Officially Resigns As Transportation Minister by bigdammyj: 5:29am On May 17, 2022
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Datti Ahmed: Tinubu, Shettima Should Resign So Akpabio Can Conduct Elections / "Atiku Does Not Need Nigeria’s Money" - Titi Atiku Abubakar / Sowore Condemns Attack On UNIBEN Students By Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.