Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. (1015 Views)

Mutiu Olagunju: Bola Tinubu's Achievement May Take Him To Aso Rock In 2023 / BREAKING NEWS: Tinubu's Achievement In Lagos (go And Verify) / Can Someone List Tinubu Achievement As A Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 11:00pm On May 16, 2022
I’ve been reading lots of gibberish here on Nairaland about how Tinubu built Lagos.
Lagos was built by FG when it was the capital and being a coastal city also help her development.
What’re the major source of revenue in Lagos.
MMA…. Built by FG.
Port…… FG
Lagos state make most of it’s IGR on taxes.
Lagos state has been the commercial hub of Nigeria since inception.
Every bank in Nigeria have their head office here since 1960… same as every big companies… the thread only continues.
If your office is not yet in VI,you’re still upcoming.
Talking about infrastructure…. There’s no major landmark built by Tinubu in his 8 years of government.
Every major Infrastructure in Lagos was built by the military….
3MB.
Carter bridge.
Eko bridge.
It won’t be fair to say He hasn’t done anything,yes He performed more than any governor during his time, But based on the resources available to him… He performed woefully.
He brought in BRT, which is truly a fantastic idea… and He did some lightning of our roads too.

But He isn’t the one that built Lagos…Lagos was a city that’s destined for greatness since the first day the Europeans arrived at its shore.

Fashola outperformed Tinubu in a million way…
Ambode also tried…
Sanwolu despite many ills is also pushing.
Baba Jakande was the best Lagos has had so far.

Tinubu’s legacy in Lagos is thuggery and chop make I chop… truth is Tinubu with his many downsides is still better than many Nigerian politicians…
I will route for Osinbajo for president even though Fashola would’ve been better.
But if Tinubu get that primary Ticket,Fellow Nigerians you have your next president,but we can’t say that of other candidates.
But sha no be Tinubu build Lagos ooo…
O da ro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 11:07pm On May 16, 2022
pol23:
I’ve been reading lots of gibberish here on Nairaland about how Tinubu built Lagos.
Lagos was built by FG when it was the capital and being a coastal city also help her development.
MMA…. Built by FG.
Port…… FG
Every bank in Nigeria have their head office here since 1960… same as every big companies… the thread only continues.
Talking about infrastructure…. There’s no major landmark built by Tinubu in his 8 years of government.
3MB.
Carter bridge.
Eko bridge.
It won’t be fair to say He hasn’t done anything,yes He performed more than any governor during his time, But based on the resources available to him… He performed woefully.
He brought in BRT, which is truly a fantastic idea… and He did some lightning of our roads too.

But He isn’t the one that built Lagos…Lagos was a city that’s destined for greatness since the first day the Europeans arrived at its shore.

Ambode also tried…

Tinubu’s legacy in Lagos is thuggery and chop make I chop… truth is Tinubu with his many downsides is still better than many Nigerian politicians…
I will route for Osinbajo for president even though Fashola would’ve been better.
But if Tinubu get that primary Ticket,Fellow Nigerians you have your next president,but we can’t say that of other candidates.
O da ro.

Olodo!!

The Blueprint of Lagos development from Eko-Atlantic, to BRT Transit, to Lagos Metro, LASTMA, Millennium Schools, Free WAEC, Developments of new LCDAs (Local councils), boost in Lagos revenue.... These and many more were all laid by Tinubu's administration. That was why he ensured he was pivotal in determining his successesors so that they would continue the Trend which had made Lagos today the 4th largest economy in Africa.

What Federal Government laid down was the dirty , disorganized Lagos where corpses were decomposing by the road sides every day.
With a monthly generated revenue of N600,000,000 as opposed to over N20 billion Tinubu did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by Wilson212: 11:11pm On May 16, 2022
pol23:
MMA…. Built by FG.
Port…… FG
3MB.
Carter bridge.
Eko bridge.

Ambode also tried…

O da ro.
money from Mma and port is not part of igr this is federal establishments Lagos State government doesn't collect money from them

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:13pm On May 16, 2022
My hand no dey
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by Realist12: 11:23pm On May 16, 2022
It's the likes of OP that will inherit wealth and won't know what to do with it with this mentality. The OP clearly DON’T know that to build a blueprint has to made , what a lot of people see as elephant projects were seen as possibilities.
Asides that it takes a lot of work to manage Lagos when Tinubu came in . The state was lacking a lot of facilities that he provided administrative solutions to which he mentioned some.
Lagos state isn't the same Lagos of the military era, ask elderly people that knows the island well . Most of the structures you see there are new asides the marina.
You have to also take note of a very important thing , why is Nigeria not growing, yet Lagos is growing at a fast pace and not slowing down .
All the governors that did well were able to do so based on the blueprints the architect laid down for them .
Nigeria needs a lot of reformation, and Tinubu has proven to defy odds to see his visions come to reality.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by abiodunalabama: 11:27pm On May 16, 2022
pol23:
MMA…. Built by FG.
Port…… FG
3MB.
Carter bridge.
Eko bridge.

Ambode also tried…

O da ro.
is it ur papa that build Lagos idiot

1 Like

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 11:29pm On May 16, 2022
Don’t confuse yourself with English.
Wetin he do.
You Dey mention LCDA,it’s like Ambode saying vision scape was a project.
Free waec was in every southwest state.
Also,Na Fashola clean up Lagos a bit.
Yes,Tinibu started BRT,I mentioned that earlier.
Eko-Atlantic is part of offspring of FG built Lagos..
It will keep yielding fruit that every dick and harry will claim…
Like those heavy tax everyone is paying in Lagos,it’s as a result of big companies…
No be your lord do all this things.

deltaprincess:

Olodo!!

The Blueprint of Lagos development from Eko-Atlantic, to BRT Transit, to Lagos Metro, LASTMA, Millennium Schools, Free WAEC, Developments of new LCDAs (Local councils), boost in Lagos revenue.... These and many more were all laid by Tinubu's administration. That was why he ensured he was pivotal in determining his successesors so that they would continue the Trend which had made Lagos today the 4th largest economy in Africa.

What Federal Government laid down was the dirty , disorganized Lagos where corpses were decomposing by the road sides every day.
With a monthly generated revenue of N600,000,000 as opposed to over N20 billion Tinubu did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 11:31pm On May 16, 2022
abiodunalabama:
is it ur papa that build Lagos idiot
Because of Tinubu,now you insult someone you don’t know and has never wrong you in anyway.
You’re doing good in life,I wonder who train you if at all you were trained.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 11:42pm On May 16, 2022
Talking about the Island…
It has been the elite bay since the days of sir Gerald…
Even most part Victoria island was reclaimed from the sea… the elite wants to stay on the island and they needed more space.
My first time was Lekki 1999 and I heard the story of Chevron how it was a forest when they moved there,
Also,LCC was bought for 200k.
What I’m saying is,no be any Governor’s work.. people will move towards a place with opportunities.

Why’s Lagos growing… Lagos can only keep growing because it was started well.
I wasn’t born in Lagos,I do visit as a kid though,but I found myself here after UNi and lots of friends from uni also somehow found themselves here…
The only thing that can reduce Lagos development rate or population,is for us to have another mega city….
You can say those governors have tried by creating enabling environment for FG built Lagos to grow … agreed… and that’s what’s normally expected of them.
Bro goodnight.
Realist12:
It's the likes of OP that will inherit wealth and won't know what to do with it with this mentality. The OP clearly DON’T know that to build a blueprint has to made , what a lot of people see as elephant projects were seen as possibilities.
Asides that it takes a lot of work to manage Lagos when Tinubu came in . The state was lacking a lot of facilities that he provided administrative solutions to which he mentioned some.
Lagos state isn't the same Lagos of the military era, ask elderly people that knows the island well . Most of the structures you see there are new asides the marina.
You have to also take note of a very important thing , why is Nigeria not growing, yet Lagos is growing at a fast pace and not slowing down .
All the governors that did well were able to do so based on the blueprints the architect laid down for them .
Nigeria needs a lot of reformation, and Tinubu has proven to defy odds to see his visions come to reality.
It's the likes of OP that will inherit wealth and won't know what to do with it with this mentality.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by Realist12: 11:54pm On May 16, 2022
pol23:
Talking about the Island…
It has been the elite bay since the days of sir Gerald…
Even most part Victoria island was reclaimed from the sea… the elite wants to stay on the island and they needed more space.
My first time was Lekki 1999 and I heard the story of Chevron how it was a forest when they moved there,
Also,LCC was bought for 200k.
What I’m saying is,no be any Governor’s work.. people will move towards a place with opportunities.

Why’s Lagos growing… Lagos can only keep growing because it was started well.
I wasn’t born in Lagos,I do visit as a kid though,but I found myself here after UNi and lots of friends from uni also somehow found themselves here…
The only thing that can reduce Lagos development rate or population,is for us to have another mega city….
You can say those governors have tried by creating enabling environment for FG built Lagos to grow … agreed… and that’s what’s normally expected of them.
Bro goodnight.
so why is the pace of other states slow and the federal government bankrolling Lagos not having any significant growth, yet same cannot be said of Lagos since 1999 ?
Lagos has been remodeled , and its has a direction.
Is Lagos the only former capital, is it the only state on the coast line ? How productive is Calabar , a lot of other cities are doing better than Calabar . What happened to Calabar?
You see why the kids of rich men with their inheritance later work for kids who only inherited education from their folks ?
Lagos state has been set on a path for growth by Tinubu amidst the restraints the federal government tried to put on the state while he was governor. A lot of other politicians will take that as an excuse not to perform. Your candidate Osinbajo is still giving excuses till date . And will still give excuses if he becomes the president.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by slimfit1(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2022
deltaprincess:

Olodo!!

Fourth largest is still a failure, if he can stop looting Lagos Treasury maybe Lagos can hit first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:51am On May 17, 2022
deltaprincess:

Olodo!!

Let's be honest, all these things you listed, how many of them are functional today?

Eko Atlantic is audio like Air Nigeria
BRT is an overrated Molue
LASTMA is a rogue extension of NURTW touts
How many children attend the so-called Millenium schools?

Abeggi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by shigishege: 12:54am On May 17, 2022
It's Peter Obi legacy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by Nobody: 1:16am On May 17, 2022
deltaprincess:

Olodo!!

Don't mind mischievous people. I wonder why people try to downplay someone's achievements because of politics. He didn't build Lagos but the same Lagos was making 600 million a month before he came. The same Lagos didn't have a functional traffic management system. There was no waste disposal system. Crime was also rampant before Rapid Response Squad was launched.

The same man was the first to invest in bonds and made a profit of 15 billion naira from the Celtel investment. How can anyone forget how dysfunctional Lagos was before Jagaban came. No one can change history

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by greymiles: 1:22am On May 17, 2022
No need to argue with this Tinubu urchins @op
Most of dem are from ogbomoso and Ibadan but will be claiming Lagos
About 80-90% of the land and properties in Lagos is igbo owned
That’s a fact you won’t see on paper because of the hatred most of them have against igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 4:50am On May 17, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

Let's be honest, all these things you listed, how many of them are functional today?

Eko Atlantic is audio like Air Nigeria
BRT is an overrated Molue
LASTMA is a rogue extension of NURTW touts
How many children attend the so-called Millenium schools?

Abeggi

Olodo!!

If Eko-Atlantic is Audio, how come USA is building their largest Embassy edifice on earth ever there?

Do you know how many banks and Cooperate bodies have bought lands to shift their Headquarters there?

You are simply denial and ignorant.

The Money BRT makes is enough to run your state and pay salaries of the civil service.

Do you know how many people gainfully had employment in LASTMA? Families benefit from that venture. That is progressive development.

The Agberos as you mentioned are gainfully employed to collect levies. That was a strategic move to check and balance thuggery. A move that turned the tables of potential armed robbers and make them part of a societal system. This move is far beyond your comprehension.

Whereas other states thugs have evoled to become bandits, kidnappers and terrorists.

Olodo!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 5:04am On May 17, 2022
pol23:
Don’t confuse yourself with English.
Wetin he do.
You Dey mention LCDA,it’s like Ambode saying vision scape was a project.
Free waec was in every southwest state.
Also,Na Fashola clean up Lagos a bit.
Yes,Tinibu started BRT,I mentioned that earlier.
Eko-Atlantic is part of offspring of FG built Lagos..
It will keep yielding fruit that every dick and harry will claim…
Like those heavy tax everyone is paying in Lagos,it’s as a result of big companies…
No be your lord do all this things.

LCDA that he created was a very strategic move that brought developments closer to the people. A move that only Tinubu has done amongst all Governors....

You undermine it because you lack proper knowledge on current affairs and sociopolitical dynamics.

The LCDA creation itself stands him out amongst his peers. Which clearly showed his intentions to bring developments nearer to the people of Lagos. And when the federal government stopped the allocations in Lagos, Tinubu raised the standards by thinking out of the box, paving way for a self-sufficient Lagos.

Those achievements alone makes him more qualified than anyother aspirants vying for the Presidency.

Lagos was starved of funds and was earning N600 million. Yet he made great achievements and increased the internal revenue to over N20 billion.

Now PSP was introduced by Tinubu. Which was charged in keeping Lagos clean. The credit still falls on the founder, which was Tinubu.

Free WAEC was never in every SW state. It was Free tuition. WAEC was paid for by Parents since it was not a State body but a federal body. Olodo!!

Eko Atlantic was solely Tinubu's brainchild. Whether you like it or not. Bad belle pikin!!

I am not a Lagosian, however I give credit to whom credit is due.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 5:05am On May 17, 2022
greymiles:
No need to argue with this Tinubu urchins @op
Most of dem are from ogbomoso and Ibadan but will be claiming Lagos
About 80-90% of the land and properties in Lagos is igbo owned
That’s a fact you won’t see on paper because of the hatred most of them have against igbos

Ignorance at its peak!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 5:07am On May 17, 2022
slimfit1:

Fourth largest is still a failure, if he can stop looting Lagos Treasury maybe Lagos can hit first.

Looting?

He was charged by Jonathan's regime and found not guilty. So which money did he loot?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 7:51am On May 17, 2022
Other states are developing too, but Lagos was already placed ahead every other state in Nigeria by FG.
Do you know in building IGR ( by percentage oo) ,no other state has been as successful as Ogun states… Are we going to give credit to those Governor’s… The only credit they deserved is the same every other Governor deserve for keeping a peaceful state to allow the projection to Germinate..
Ogun is only successful because of its proximity to Lagos…. There part of Ogun that operates on Lagos Economy,E.g Sango Ota and Akute…
What this means is,nobody needs to do extra work to invite those companies and people in,Lagos is doing the work for them.
While in Lagos state,FG has already done the work… just keep a calm atmosphere and the companies will start coming in.
Lagos popularity,population and development has been in play for a long time before Tinubu became the governor…
He didn’t do anything extraordinary ,He only made himself the king maker after his tenure as the governor and make sure only his dogs get any appointment within the state and the louder you ca sing his praise the higher your reward will be.
He’s running a very rewarding colony ,we can see the evident all around…
I personally do not have problem wit Tinubu, but don’t throw other’s peoples caps to him.
He performed far less than late pa Jakande.
Babaginda pour Nigeria’s wealth to Lagos before He moved the capital.
Don’t forget the Europeans already CMS before this time ooo,you can only expect the Tempo to continue.

In regards to calabar.
I don’t know if you’ve been there before, but there’s nothing Major that points to Calabar as a former capital.
Lagos should really thank former head of states who spent a whole lot to this big city, they invest in endless infrastructure…
But sadly Calabar didn’t enjoy 2% of what put Lagos ahead.

CBQ was even smaller than Ibadan airport.
We have only 2 international airport in Nigeria in actual fact 1 is far more Major.
MMA with it’s shabby looks take in more travelers than ABV despite Abuja being capital.
You see that Kano and PH are not actually international like that.
Apapa being the major port Hub since inception .
Necom house has built since 1979 as Nitel head office and still remain the tallest building in Nigeria till date.
Please don’t undermine the FG seed in Lagos,it will keep germinating .
In another 10 years,Lagos will be the IT capital of Africa and any Governor can claim the glory…
Tinubu hasn’t performed more than Osoba, LAM,Oyinlade et al.
But the resources at it’s finger tips make it seems bigger.
Ambode waste Lagos $70m dollar to built bus interchange and bus stop in Oshodi… it’s not bad though,but for $70m it’s a waste as the big edifice actually have nothing to do with car parks, so na just ground station matters.
Governor Makinde in ibadan wanted to do something similar, He had to built one very small shadow copy of what Ambode built…. We’re talking about resources availability bro.

Realist12:
so why is the pace of other states slow and the federal government bankrolling Lagos not having any significant growth, yet same cannot be said of Lagos since 1999 ?
Lagos has been remodeled , and its has a direction.
Is Lagos the only former capital, is it the only state on the coast line ? How productive is Calabar , a lot of other cities are doing better than Calabar . What happened to Calabar?
You see why the kids of rich men with their inheritance later work for kids who only inherited education from their folks ?
Lagos state has been set on a path for growth by Tinubu amidst the restraints the federal government tried to put on the state while he was governor. A lot of other politicians will take that as an excuse not to perform. Your candidate Osinbajo is still giving excuses till date . And will still give excuses if he becomes the president.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by pol23: 8:17am On May 17, 2022
Mr not a Lagosian.
I don’t know where you see say na 600 million Naira Lagos was making in 1998 ooo, because there was no monthly record of Lagos government earning or spending during those time oo…Also,inflation might make those money appear bigger, in 1994 the whole Nigeria Budget was 110 billion, yes some people might have access to such information,but without any proof we can’t believe them… maybe Tinubu told you that to grease himself.

Talking about different parastatal, shey na only Tinubu create parastatals ni?
Do your research. You’re talking about PSP which is in a way rewarding organization for APC loyalist.
Ibadan have their own Keep ibadan clean since the days of LAM Adesina.
And bro, WAEC was free in Ibadan in the days of LAM ,na only NECO dem dey pay.
In fact Oyo state started free Education before Lagos.

As a governor,no be say you no go do anything na,even if you’re wicked like Yaya Bello or heartless like Aregbeshola.
What we’re saying is,he hasn’t done anything extraordinary.
And many past Lagos governor and administrator outperformed him.
E.g Fashola.
Have fruitful day bro…
deltaprincess:

LCDA that he created was a very strategic move that brought developments closer to the people. A move that only Tinubu has done amongst all Governors....

You undermine it because you lack proper knowledge on current affairs and sociopolitical dynamics.

The LCDA creation itself stands him out amongst his peers. Which clearly showed his intentions to bring developments nearer to the people of Lagos. And when the federal government stopped the allocations in Lagos, Tinubu raised the standards by thinking out of the box, paving way for a self-sufficient Lagos.

Those achievements alone makes him more qualified than anyother aspirants vying for the Presidency.

Lagos was starved of funds and was earning N600 million. Yet he made great achievements and increased the internal revenue to over N20 billion.

Now PSP was introduced by Tinubu. Which was charged in keeping Lagos clean. The credit still falls on the founder, which was Tinubu.

Free WAEC was never in every SW state. It was Free tuition. WAEC was paid for by Parents since it was not a State body but a federal body. Olodo!!

Eko Atlantic was solely Tinubu's brainchild. Whether you like it or not. Bad belle pikin!!

I am not a Lagosian, however I give credit to whom credit is due.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by Realist12: 8:31am On May 17, 2022
pol23:
Other states are developing too, but Lagos was already placed ahead every other state in Nigeria by FG.
Do you know in building IGR ( by percentage oo) ,no other state has been as successful as Ogun states… Are we going to give credit to those Governor’s… The only credit they deserved is the same every other Governor deserve for keeping a peaceful state to allow the projection to Germinate..
Ogun is only successful because of its proximity to Lagos…. There part of Ogun that operates on Lagos Economy,E.g Sango Ota and Akute…
What this means is,nobody needs to do extra work to invite those companies and people in,Lagos is doing the work for them.
While in Lagos state,FG has already done the work… just keep a calm atmosphere and the companies will start coming in.
Lagos popularity,population and development has been in play for a long time before Tinubu became the governor…
He didn’t do anything extraordinary ,He only made himself the king maker after his tenure as the governor and make sure only his dogs get any appointment within the state and the louder you ca sing his praise the higher your reward will be.
He’s running a very rewarding colony ,we can see the evident all around…
I personally do not have problem wit Tinubu, but don’t throw other’s peoples caps to him.
He performed far less than late pa Jakande.
Babaginda pour Nigeria’s wealth to Lagos before He moved the capital.
Don’t forget the Europeans already CMS before this time ooo,you can only expect the Tempo to continue.

In regards to calabar.
I don’t know if you’ve been there before, but there’s nothing Major that points to Calabar as a former capital.
Lagos should really thank former head of states who spent a whole lot to this big city, they invest in endless infrastructure…
But sadly Calabar didn’t enjoy 2% of what put Lagos ahead.

CBQ was even smaller than Ibadan airport.
We have only 2 international airport in Nigeria in actual fact 1 is far more Major.
MMA with it’s shabby looks take in more travelers than ABV despite Abuja being capital.
You see that Kano and PH are not actually international like that.
Apapa being the major port Hub since inception .
Necom house has built since 1979 as Nitel head office and still remain the tallest building in Nigeria till date.
Please don’t undermine the FG seed in Lagos,it will keep germinating .
In another 10 years,Lagos will be the IT capital of Africa and any Governor can claim the glory…
Tinubu hasn’t performed more than Osoba, LAM,Oyinlade et al.
But the resources at it’s finger tips make it seems bigger.
Ambode waste Lagos $70m dollar to built bus interchange and bus stop in Oshodi… it’s not bad though,but for $70m it’s a waste as the big edifice actually have nothing to do with car parks, so na just ground station matters.
Governor Makinde in ibadan wanted to do something similar, He had to built one very small shadow copy of what Ambode built…. We’re talking about resources availability bro.

As I've said , when you inherit wealth as an heir or an heiress, if you don't have a going concern and a vision for the inheritance. It's going to pack up . Have you seen the marina? Those old buildings . Do you notice a lot of those buildings are under utilized.
Most businesses there have moved into other parts of Lagos. Lagos state vision is to attract the international market , hence the lekki free trade zone, eko Atlantic projects. With what Lagos had before Tinubu if it didn't create a road map ,Lagos won't be here today.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by slimfit1(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2022
Superwave16320:
But we don't have any state governed by your righteous Igbo giver in the top 10,000 yes they are not looting so can your miserable bigoted Igbo father tell us what is happening.

I am from Lagos don't try to change the argument.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by slimfit1(m): 9:44am On May 17, 2022
deltaprincess:

Looting?

He was charged by Jonathan's regime and found not guilty. So which money did he loot?

He has the judges in his payroll what do you expect.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by deltaprincess(f): 10:39am On May 17, 2022
pol23:
Mr not a Lagosian.
I don’t know where you see say na 600 million Naira Lagos was making in 1998 ooo, because there was no monthly record of Lagos government earning or spending during those time oo…Also,inflation might make those money appear bigger, in 1994 the whole Nigeria Budget was 110 billion, yes some people might have access to such information,but without any proof we can’t believe them… maybe Tinubu told you that to grease himself.

Talking about different parastatal, shey na only Tinubu create parastatals ni?
Do your research. You’re talking about PSP which is in a way rewarding organization for APC loyalist.
Ibadan have their own Keep ibadan clean since the days of LAM Adesina.
And bro, WAEC was free in Ibadan in the days of LAM ,na only NECO dem dey pay.
In fact Oyo state started free Education before Lagos.

As a governor,no be say you no go do anything na,even if you’re wicked like Yaya Bello or heartless like Aregbeshola.
What we’re saying is,he hasn’t done anything extraordinary.
And many past Lagos governor and administrator outperformed him.
E.g Fashola.
Have fruitful day bro…

You truly denial and thoroughly out of touch with reality and History.

Firstly, the PSP in Lagos stood out from other governments with the introduction of Mechanized Vehicles suited for the task, which other states in the SW did not have at that moment.

Other Governors were trying to replicate what Tinubu was doing but lacked the prowess and leadership capacity Tinubu had. Tinubu actually went contrary to what the AD states doctrinated and enforced his blueprint which has made Lagos what it is today.

As at the time Tinubu's administration started, the monthly generated revenue of Lagos was N600 million FYI..... The rest is History as you know it.

Your idea on inflation is rather mundane and illiterate.

WAEC was never free in Ibadan at that time. According to the AD manifesto, Basic Education was free for all within Public state schools. Tinubu introduced free WAEC to State Students. Lagos state was the first to implement that.

Fashola executed the blueprints and plans initiated by Tinubu. He was a student of Tinubu's Political dynasty and was a good student at that.

How else can you describe a leader?

How many Political leaders have made great men like Tinubu?

You can deny all you want, however, his accomplishments stand the tests of time.
Re: Lagos Isn’t Tinubu’s Achievement. by BabbanBura(m): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
deltaprincess:

You truly denial and thoroughly out of touch with reality and History.

Firstly, the PSP in Lagos stood out from other governments with the introduction of Mechanized Vehicles suited for the task, which other states in the SW did not have at that moment.

Other Governors were trying to replicate what Tinubu was doing but lacked the prowess and leadership capacity Tinubu had. Tinubu actually went contrary to what the AD states doctrinated and enforced his blueprint which has made Lagos what it is today.

As at the time Tinubu's administration started, the monthly generated revenue of Lagos was N600 million FYI..... The rest is History as you know it.

Your idea on inflation is rather mundane and illiterate.

WAEC was never free in Ibadan at that time. According to the AD manifesto, Basic Education was free for all within Public state schools. Tinubu introduced free WAEC to State Students. Lagos state was the first to implement that.

Fashola executed the blueprints and plans initiated by Tinubu. He was a student of Tinubu's Political dynasty and was a good student at that.

How else can you describe a leader?

How many Political leaders have made great men like Tinubu?

You can deny all you want, however, his accomplishments stand the tests of time.

Are you really an Edo lady?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Apc Senate President And Northern Governor's Went To Visit Atiku / Why Do People Exaggerate Defections From Apc? / NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.