Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is (1954 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Shares Photos Of His Triplets To Mark Father's Day / Femi Fani Kayode Shares Loved Up Photos With Wife Precious And Son / Femi Fani-kayode Shares Photos Of His Sons, Thanks His Wife In Touching Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by LifestyleTonite: 7:51am On May 19, 2022
Femi Fani-Kayode shared on Facebook:

“The greatest insult that you can give a Christian is to tell him that Jesus is not God.

“When you say that you are denying the very essence of His being and equating him to man.

“This is a red line for us but it is crossed every day yet we take it in our stride.

“We do not kill or threaten to kill because of it and neither do we show our pain when others deny Him.

“That does not mean that your lack of understanding of our faith or your denial of our beliefs does not hurt us. I assure you that it does.

“To the Christian, Jesus is not a Prophet but the second leg of the Holy Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

“He is God incarnate that came down in the flesh and He is the Lamb of God that came to take away the sins of the World.

“He is the rock of our salvation, our provider and our strong defender. He is our Shield, our glory and the lifter of our Heads.

“We adore Him, we worship Him, we love Him love him more than life itself and we regard Him as our EVERYTHING.

“To us He is far more than a mortal and it is to Him that we pray and make our supplications every day.

“I will never shy away from saying this and I would rather die than deny His grace, love, mercy, compassion and DEITY.

“He alone gives us courage, He alone gives us life, He alone gives us hope and to Him alone do we go when our work on earth is done.

“He is the Blood of the Sprinkling, the El Shaddai, the Adonai, the Elohim and the I AM, THAT I AM.

“He is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley and the Man of War.

“He is the Ancient of Days, the Lord Hosts and the Prince of Peace.

“His power, His glory and His majesty stretches through the ages and into eternity.

“None can deny Him and none can stand beside Him.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 7:56am On May 19, 2022
cool

God came down to Earth as Son of God to Sacrifice the Blood of God to God for God to be able to forgive the Sins of men and later rose from the dead to return back to heaven as God after few days in the tomb as God's sacrifice to God

Yeshua in Jew or Jesus according to Europeans Colonialist, last statement on the cross;
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” To all: “I thirst.” To the world: “It is finished.” To God: “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Tonypens48(m): 7:57am On May 19, 2022
Redlines everywhere

My religion is love

Kindly check my signature below.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by RuddyFusion(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2022
Mooh247:
God came down to Earth as Son of God to Sacrifice the Blood of God to God for God to be able to forgive the Sins of men

How will you understand the things of God and of the spirit when you can't even understand yourself?

7 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by RuddyFusion(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2022
They don't know..
They don't understand
They can't comprehend
Who our Lord IS
He fights HIS battle
And fights for US

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by alBHAGDADI: 8:02am On May 19, 2022
To you Muslims reading this, be sincere with yourself for once. It is everyday you blaspheme against Jesus, yet you turn around and boldly lie that you respect him like Muhammad. Have you ever been enraged when Jesus is insulted just as when Muhammad is? No. You can never be enraged because what you have for him is fake love.

Now, Femi Fani-Kayode is on point with his post. Muslims blaspheme Jesus everyday when they read the Quran which says Jesus is not God, something Christians believe in 100%.

Look below to see what the Quran says about Jesus and Christians (people of the scripture):

Quran 4:171 which reads: “O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion1 or say about Allāh except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allāh and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allāh and His messengers. And do not say, “Three”; desist – it is better for you. Indeed, Allāh is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allāh as Disposer of affairs.”

The Quran clearly says Jesus is not God, which is an attack on Christianity. Do you see Christians burning mosques and killing Muslims because of that? No. If we wanted to do such, it would have happened in the 7th century when Muhammad was receiving inspiration from a false angel garbiel. We would have burnt the Quran which was written 700 years after Christianity, a book that boldly lied about Jesus, but we didn't because we have no spirit of murder in us.

Sadly, the same Muslims who read the Quran that attacks Christianity in almost all its pages are now accusing others of disrespecting their religion.

What's there not to disrespect about your religion? Why should peace be in a pedophile and caravan robber? He was a murder of hundreds and a liar. Ye are of the devil and the desires of the devil which involves murder ye shall do.

The Quran is Satan's response to the Bible which is God's Word. Did you see the above Quran verses? See what the Bible said 700 years before Muhammad was born:

1 John 2:22 KJV
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

The Bible had already described what antichrist is, and Islam clearly fits in as it denies Jesus is the Son of God as seen in the Quran verse above. The Quran is Satan's mice to prevent mankind from accepting the salvation and redemption brought by Jesus. Let me give you a quick breakdown.

When Adam and Eve where in the Garden of Eden, they were naked and we're not ashamed. But immediately they sinned, their eyes opened and they were ashamed. They immediately used leaves to cover their unclothedness. But we all know leaves wither and can't cover unclothedness for long. God had to come with a solution by shedding the blood of a lamb and using its skin as leather to clothes Adam and Eve. The lamb's life was taken to cover their shame after they sinned. That clearly pictures Jesus who is described as the Holy Lamb by John the Baptist.

John 1: 29 KJV
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Satan is preventing Muslims from coming to that Holy Lamb. He's making them to rely on their handwork of sewn leaves to cover their unclothedness of sin instead of allowing God to cover then with the lamb. That is why Muslims rely on their works to get them to heaven e.g fasting, praying five times a day, doing good deeds and defending their faith via bloodshed. Sadly for them, the Bible which existed 700 years before the false Quran already stated it that what is needed to make heaven is the Grace of God which is through faith in Jesus, not by our good works.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast

We are saved by faith/believe in Jesus that he died(was slain like a lamb) to cover our sins. We are not saved by our works of righteousness which are filthy rags before God.

Isaiah 64:6 KJV
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

That's why we rely on the righteousness of God which comes from Jesus.

Dear Muslim, come to Jesus now. Go and see a Baptist pastor to preach to you so you can be saved.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Nobody: 8:05am On May 19, 2022
Oga Jesus is not God rather he's son of God, Jesus prayed to his father,God cannot pray because He is the Almighty God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by derecho(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2022
That you don't comprehend it doesn't mean That's not a "redline".
The point of the post is inform you NOT for you to analyze.
Secondly, it's to show you Christians are tolerant.

When it's time for analysis and explanation that would be done.I'm sure you would be so irked when we flay Mohammed and your Islamic beliefs.
Mooh247:
God came down to Earth as Son of God to Sacrifice the Blood of God to God for God to be able to forgive the Sins of men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:08am On May 19, 2022
derecho:

That you don't comprehend it doesn't mean That's not a "redline".
The point of the post is inform you NOT for you to analyze.
Secondly, it's to show you Christians are tolerant.

When it's time for analysis and explanation that'd would be done.I'm sure you would be so irked when we flay Mohammed and you Islamic beliefs.

Ok
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:09am On May 19, 2022
RuddyFusion:

How will you understand the things of God and of the spirit when you can't even understand yourself?

Ok
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by derecho(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2022
Oga leave matter for mattarazzi.
He is telling you WHAT we Christians believe.
No one needs your reasoning here.
studio14:
Oga Jesus is not God rather he's son of God, Jesus prayed to his father,God cannot pray because He is the Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Redpill1: 8:12am On May 19, 2022
Well I'm a Christian myself and according to numerous bible verses Jesus said it many times that he is the way through which you can get to see the father (that is God), Jesus said he is going to be at the right hand side of God in heaven, When John the Baptist finished baptizing Jesus a voice came down from heaven and said "This is my son in whom I am well pleased".
Uncle FFK no dey read him bible, smh a lot of people are biblically ignorant and they allow pastors to twist thier brain

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Nobody: 8:14am On May 19, 2022
derecho:
Oga leave matter for mattarazzi.
He is telling you WHAT we Christians believe.
No one needs your reasoning here.
yes sir, don't you think it is okay to know the truth from what the Bible actually stated ?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Nwaide01: 8:14am On May 19, 2022
For once this man's post made sense to me.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Redpill1: 8:16am On May 19, 2022
Chai my fellow christians dey fall my hand Sha. If you read your Bible, for example read the whole of Matthew you will see very clearly that Jesus stated that he is not God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Ceenachi: 8:16am On May 19, 2022
Mooh247:

Zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by derecho(m): 8:17am On May 19, 2022
That would be done if that's what the post is about.
This post as far as I'm concerned is an information.
studio14:
yes sir, don't you think it is okay to know the truth from what the Bible actually stated ?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by derecho(m): 8:19am On May 19, 2022
Go and create a thread about this topic.Let's discuss it there.
Come armed with Bible verses
Please don't forget to alert me,if you need to really discuss it
Redpill1:
Chai my fellow christians dey fall my hand Sha. If you read your Bible, for example read the whole of Matthew you will see very clearly that Jesus stated that he is not God
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Nobody: 8:20am On May 19, 2022
derecho:
That would be done if that's what the post is about.
This post as far as I'm concerned is an information.
no wahala sir
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:20am On May 19, 2022
Ceenachi:

Zombie

grin

Na wa oo.. person no fit talk again without insult and threat to choke person dog

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by DonBenny77(m): 8:22am On May 19, 2022
studio14:
Jesus is Lord!
Oh Lord my God.
You better believe in the holy trinity
Jesus is God the son

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Truthisunique2: 8:23am On May 19, 2022
Mooh247:
maybe you can shut up if you have nothing to say

A prophet that was pressed by demons in a cave can not be a prophet from God

Angels don't press prophets when sent on message

A prophet that died from poison can't be a prophet from God
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Talawaka: 8:25am On May 19, 2022
LifestyleTonite:

Femi Fani-Kayode shared on Facebook:

“He is the Ancient of Days, the Lord Hosts and the Prince of Peace.

“His power, His glory and His majesty stretches through the ages and into eternity.

“None can deny Him and none can stand beside Him.”

A historian's view.
It is up to you to come to your own conclusion about its plausibility.

P.S: Talawaka respects all religions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yte-ad6Y31s

If Jesus Never Called Himself God, How Did He Become One?
"If Jesus had not been declared God by his followers, his followers would'™ve remained a sect within Judaism, a small Jewish sect," says historian Bart Ehrman.

When Bart Ehrman was a young Evangelical Christian, he wanted to know how God became a man, but now, as an agnostic and historian of early Christianity, he wants to know how a man became God.

When and why did Jesus' followers start saying "Jesus as God" and what did they mean by that? His new book is called How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee.

"In this book I actually do not take a stand on either the question of whether Jesus was God, or whether he was actually raised from the dead," Ehrman tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "I leave open both questions because those are theological questions based on religious beliefs and I'm writing the book as a historian."

Ehrman is the author of several books about early Christianity, including Misquoting Jesus and Jesus Interrupted.

Interview Highlights
On a major difference between the first three gospels — Matthew, Mark and Luke — and the last gospel, John

During his lifetime, Jesus himself didn't call himself God and didn't consider himself God, and ... none of his disciples had any inkling at all that he was God. ...

You do find Jesus calling himself God in the Gospel of John, or the last Gospel. Jesus says things like, "Before Abraham was, I am." And, "I and the Father are one," and, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." These are all statements you find only in the Gospel of John, and that's striking because we have earlier gospels and we have the writings of Paul, and in none of them is there any indication that Jesus said such things. ...

I think it's completely implausible that Matthew, Mark and Luke would not mention that Jesus called himself God if that's what he was declaring about himself. That would be a rather important point to make. This is not an unusual view amongst scholars; it's simply the view that the Gospel of John is providing a theological understanding of Jesus that is not what was historically accurate.

On how Roman emperors were called "God"
Right at the same time that Christians were calling Jesus "God" is exactly when Romans started calling their emperors "God." So these Christians were not doing this in a vacuum; they were actually doing it in a context. I don't think this could be an accident that this is a point at which the emperors are being called "God." So by calling Jesus "God," in fact, it was a competition between your God, the emperor, and our God, Jesus.

When Constantine, the emperor, then converted to Christianity, it changed everything because now rather than the emperor being God, the emperor was the worshipper of the God, Jesus. That was quite a forceful change, and one could argue that it changed the understanding of religion and politics for all time.

On the emergence of the Trinity
Christians had a dilemma as soon as they declared that Christ was God. If Christ is God and God the Father is God, doesn't that make two gods? And when you throw the Holy Spirit into the mix, doesn't that make three gods? So aren't Christians polytheists? Christians wanted to insist, no, they're monotheists. Well, if they're monotheists, how can all three be God?

So there are various ways of trying to explain this, and one of the most popular ways ... was called modalism. It's called modalism because it insisted that God existed in three modes — just as I myself at the same time am a son, and a brother and a father, but there's only one of me — well these theologians said: That's what God is like. He's manifest in three persons, but there's only one of him, so he's at the same time father, son and spirit. So he's in three modes of existence, so there's only one of him.

On the difference between history and the past
What I try to teach my students is that history is not the past. ... There are a lot of things in the past that we cannot show historically. For example ... you simply cannot show what my grandfather ate on March 23, 1956. I mean, he ate something for lunch that day, I'm sure, but there's no way we have access to it. So it's in the past, but it's not part of history. History is what we can show to have happened in the past.

One of the things that historians cannot show as having happened in the past is anything that's miraculous. Because to believe that a miracle has happened, to believe that God has done something in our world, requires a person to believe in God. It requires a theological belief, but historians can't require theological beliefs to do their work. ...

[Historians] don't invoke miracle because it's beyond what historians can prove. Miracles may have happened in the past, but they're not part of history. So that applies to the resurrection of Jesus. Historians acting as historians — whether they're believers or nonbelievers — acting as historians, they simply cannot say Jesus was probably raised by God from the dead. But historians can look at other aspects of the resurrection traditions and see whether they bear up, historically.

On the empty tomb and the resurrection
Was Jesus put in a tomb and three days later that tomb was found empty? Well, that's a historical question. And to answer it, it doesn't require any set of religious beliefs; you can simply look at the sources and draw some historical conclusions. ...

Before I wrote this book and did the research on it, I was convinced, as many people are, that Jesus was given a decent burial, and on the third day the women went to the tomb, found it empty, and that started the belief in the resurrection.

Apart from the fact that I don't think Jesus was given a decent burial — that he was probably thrown into a common grave of some kind — apart from that, I was struck in doing my research by the fact that the New Testament never indicates that people came to believe in the resurrection because of the empty tomb. This was a striking find because it's just commonly said that that's what led to the resurrection belief.

But if you think about it for a second, it makes sense that the empty tomb wouldn't make anybody believe. If you put somebody in a tomb and three days later you go back and the body's not in the tomb, your first thought isn't, "Oh, he's been exalted to heaven and made the son of God." Your first thought is, "Somebody stole the body." Or, "Somebody moved the body." Or, "Hey, I'm at the wrong tomb." You don't think he's been exalted to heaven. In the New Testament it's striking that in the Gospels the empty tomb leads to confusion but it doesn't lead to belief. What leads to belief is that some of the followers of Jesus have visions of him afterward.

On why he's interested in studying Jesus' transformation
If Jesus had not been declared God by his followers, his followers would've remained a sect within Judaism — a small Jewish sect, and if that was the case it would not have attracted a large number of gentiles. If they hadn't attracted a large number of gentiles, there wouldn't have been this steady rate of conversion over the first three centuries to Christianity; it would've been a small Jewish sect.

If Christianity had not become a sizable minority in the empire, the Roman emperor Constantine almost certainly would not have converted, but then there wouldn't have been the masses of conversions after Constantine, and Christianity would not have become the state religion of Rome. If that hadn't happened, it would never have become the dominant religious, cultural, political, social, economic force that it became so that we wouldn't have even had the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, the Reformation or modernity as we know it. ... It all hinges on this claim the early Christians had that Jesus was God.
Source: https://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/300246095/if-jesus-never-called-himself-god-how-did-he-become-one

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by SwissMass: 8:26am On May 19, 2022
Mooh247:
it is confusing right? It is not for canal minded delusional dementia people, it is for people of deep knowledge beyond the ordinary.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:27am On May 19, 2022
Truthisunique2:
maybe you can shut up if you have nothing to say

A prophet that was pressed by demons in a cave can not be a prophet from God

Angels don't press prophets when sent on message

A prophet that died from poison can't be a prophet from God

So what should I do with all your rants?! That is your business with the Prophet in question

If you have explanation for my comment then speak, if not shut up!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by OritaIbadan: 8:28am On May 19, 2022
Redpill1:
Well I'm a Christian myself and according to numerous bible verses Jesus said it many times that he is the way through which you can get to see the father (that is God), Jesus said he is going to be at the right hand side of God in heaven, When John the Baptist finished baptizing Jesus a voice came down from heaven and said "This is my son in whom I am well pleased".
Uncle FFK no dey read him bible, smh a lot of people are biblically ignorant and they allow pastors to twist thier brain

Obviously you are the one who does not read your Bible. Jesus stated clearly that he will sit at the right hand of God, not at the right hand side. This two is completely different. Read your Bible boy
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:29am On May 19, 2022
SwissMass:
it is confusing right? It is not for canal minded delusional dementia people, it is for people of deep knowledge beyond the ordinary.

And you consider yourself to be extra ordinary with deep mind

Hahahaa. Colonise Africans sef

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by OmenkaWifey(f): 8:30am On May 19, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
[/s]
just like Muhammed is just an ordinary Olosho carrier and a regular pedophile rapist that raped aisha at the age of 8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by slivertongue: 8:31am On May 19, 2022

Deborah Samuel one week after. With God justice is sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Mooh247: 8:31am On May 19, 2022
OmenkaWifey:
[s][/s]
just like Muhammed is just an ordinary Olosho carrier and a regular pedophile rapist that raped aisha at the age of 8

grin grin

Is that so hahahaha

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Truthisunique2: 8:32am On May 19, 2022
Mooh247:

So what should I do with all your rants?! That is your business with the Prophet in question

If you have explanation for my comment then speak, if not shut up!!
if you can't understand how Jesus is God and came to fulfill the holy ordinance then shut up

Because I can also use the same logic on why an "angel" would press the neck of a prophet that was never done by an angel before

I can also use the logic on why God never communicated directly with his so called prophet like he did to all real prophet

I can also use the logic on why a real prophet would eat poison at kaibr without knowing it's poison
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares What Christian Redline Is by Nobody: 8:39am On May 19, 2022
DonBenny77:

Jesus is Lord!
Oh Lord my God.
You better believe in the holy trinity
Jesus is God the son
.You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am john 14:28, what do you say about it sir?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southern Presidency: OBJ Backs Obi, Woos Wike, Others / Man Waving PDP Flag Disgracefully Leaves As Obi's Supporters Chants His Name / Iam Not Hearing Zoo Zoo Zoo Again Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.