Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP (13840 Views)

Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs / Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) / Okada Ban: Lagos Government Meets Arewa Community, Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by baretalk: 11:16am On May 19, 2022
Make arrangements to send the idle ones, urchins and beggars to their states. Northern states sent some Northern beggars and urchins back to their states of origin recently.

Make it uncomfortable for them to be littering the streets, the ones that have money to rent house should do so. They should stop creating autonomous communities in our streets.

2 Likes

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by baretalk: 11:17am On May 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
Cargo and private cycles should be the only ones allowed. Using okada for transportation in 2022 is a big shame to the mega slum. Even Cairo in Egypt does not allow okada.
Big shame, Accra Ghana don't use okada...Lagos should be serious about it's mega city project. Okada and so many urchins in Lagos is bad for tourism and foreign investment. These people can not assimilate into Lagos cosmopolitan society, let them stay in their states.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by booblacain(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2022
Arry110:
They’re probably in the private category

Lagos state government needs to be more clear about this. They should at least make a publication showing the exact types of bikes banned and the ones allowed rather than making vague and sweeping statements.

I own and ride a private scooter. If police holds me on the road, how will I start to explain to them how it is not part of the banned vehicles when there is no clear definition of what Okada really is.

We all know how Nigerian police is. If you don't show them something in black and white you just speaking jargon.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by mywells: 11:18am On May 19, 2022
Those courier services are Even worst than the okada with their reckless riding,even carrying all sort of hard drugs up and down,the government should provide an institution where they would be educated on road management.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Janabi73: 11:23am On May 19, 2022
HOW TO USE SALT TO PURIFY AND CLEANSE YOUR ROOM FROM BAD ENERGY AND EVIL SPIRITS.

Most times, the problems we face in life are due to the bad energy living with us in our room.
One thing you need to know is, that any room you sleep to see the next day needs to be spiritually purified from Bad energy.

When there is Bad Energy in your room, you might be experiencing the below mentions:

1. Having Bad Dream: Because there's a spirit tormenting you in your room you don't know.

2. Always feel someone is in the room with you, most especially at night.

3. Thinking negative about yourself. Scared of what you don't even know.

4..... Keep reading in the thread below by clicking the link

https://www.nairaland.com/7133967/spiritual-orientation-tips-spiritual-o.t
[/quote]

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by nedekid: 11:23am On May 19, 2022
Abeg bring the ban to Alimosho lga.

1 Like

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by SocialJustice: 11:23am On May 19, 2022
baretalk:

Big shame, Accra Ghana don't use okada...Lagos should be serious about it's mega city project. Okada and so many urchins in Lagos is bad for tourism and foreign investment. These people can not assimilate into Lagos cosmopolitan society, let them stay in their states.
Oh, didn't know even Accra has such rules. Lagos is just stupid and annoying.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Blakpot: 11:24am On May 19, 2022
chusks:
Seems the law is for the poor undecided

Unnecessary sentiments!
These okada riders brought this crackdown on themselves. If you act like a criminal, the law will come after you simple.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Tbbt5: 11:25am On May 19, 2022
Cool..
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Sleekfingers: 11:30am On May 19, 2022
Kwanza:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/19/delivery-riders-power-bikes-not-affected-by-okada-ban-police-commissioner/

That's good. Make I keep my fingers crossed till Ist of June......as a matter of fact, lagos government should ban them in all the local governments, if they are not comfortable with it, make dem relocate to other states . Abi, na by force to live in Lagos?

But the sad part is. Sanwo olu will chicken out , before Ist of June .....
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Sleekfingers: 11:33am On May 19, 2022
booblacain:
how about scooters and mopeds for private use.

Lagos state government needs to be more clear about this. They should at least make a publication showing the exact types of bikes banned and the ones allowed rather than making vague and sweeping statements.

I own and ride a private scooter. If police holds me on the road, how will I start to explain to them how it is not part of the banned vehicles when there is no clear definition of what Okada really is.

You can ride your scooter and power bikes ...na those useless okada riders dem no wan see for our roads......

1 Like

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Sleekfingers: 11:35am On May 19, 2022
simple250:
Police and military personnel will be the once cashing out now

Of course, since those okada riders get coconut heads.....
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by baretalk: 11:36am On May 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
Oh, didn't know even Accra has such rules. Lagos is just stupid and annoying.
I have been there, no Okada there at all.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
Cargo and private motorcycles should be the only ones allowed. Using okada for transportation in 2022 is a big shame to the mega slum. Even Cairo in Egypt does not allow okada.

I don't understand your reference to Cairo, do you think Cairo is a lesser city?
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Arry110(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2022
booblacain:

True bro
Police people wey come dey behave like illiterate
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by lomprico(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2022
What if I have normal bike that I use for my mobility and not for business?
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by javaguru: 11:47am On May 19, 2022
booblacain:

in developed countries, scooters are allowed, let's watch Nigeria side of the decision
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by SocialJustice: 11:50am On May 19, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

I don't understand your reference to Cairo, do you think Cairo is a lesser city?
No, Cairo is a mega city with proper transportation. I think they have the only high speed rail in Africa not okadas disturbing everywhere, even the most supposedly posh neighbourhoods in Lagos.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by otokx(m): 11:53am On May 19, 2022
They would have instead registered all the bikes and collect tax. It appears this was not clearly thought out.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by a2d3rew(m): 11:54am On May 19, 2022
Ban okada is like recruiting criminal from 10% to 40% prove me wrong.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Fragility6: 12:05pm On May 19, 2022
Arry110:

True bro
Police people wey come dey behave like illiterate
Behave like illiterate? Dem be illiterate.How many go school.Very few
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Techguyz(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2022
booblacain:

Just get a scooter delivery box and fix it just as you can see it in the picture you attached. With that you won’t have issues cause some 9ja policemen sabi but the bastards can’t betray their crave for extortion

1 Like

Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by somi: 12:12pm On May 19, 2022
Serious fighting with police and aboki riders along ojo barracks
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by COMPAQ(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2022
seunny4lif:
I will just dress myself up as a delivery man grin grin
But do Lagos officers know the Anything on 2 tyres is Okada to them grin

If you are a delivery man, then you shouldn't have passengers.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Ak75: 12:34pm On May 19, 2022
So that they can deliver drugs to the OGAS abi?
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by obyrich(m): 12:37pm On May 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
Cargo and private motorcycles should be the only ones allowed. Using okada for transportation in 2022 is a big shame to the mega slum. Even Cairo in Egypt does not allow okada.

Someone pointed out Accra to me just now as having a no okada policy. Why won't Ghanaians measure up to Nigerians when they have a saner country. We just plenty like goats, no single sense.

Give this ban 1 month at most and it will be back to life as usual. Tufiakwa!
'We just plenty like goats, no single sense' grin
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Ebymyk(m): 12:40pm On May 19, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnnn!!!!!!

Nigeria!!!! The Truth *Banning Okada Riders Would further create Unemployment, which means graduates ventures into Okada Riding after spending thousands of Naira in the University*

#Pray4Nigeria!!!
Keke dey... Way must dey to survive..
Let okadas go for our own good and safety..
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by Mrbenny001: 12:41pm On May 19, 2022
How many times they go ban okada for Lagos??
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by virginchaser(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2022
This is one of the few policies Honourable Rotimi Amaechi introduced in Rivers state and still stands till today. Thou, Okada have started coming from Choba down to Rumosi area and Eleme junction to Oil mills. I know they are testing governor Wike's endurance.
Re: Delivery Riders, Power Bikes Not Affected By Okada Ban - Lagos CP by izubext007: 12:50pm On May 19, 2022
They need to be exempted , because the governor and his ally needs to sniff some meth.......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? / Army Denies Closing Maiduguri-monguno Road (photos) / Nigeria Keeps Mum About Financial Times’ ‘failed State’ Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.