Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Describe Your First Trip By Air - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Describe Your First Trip By Air (12657 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / * / Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by spora(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2007
nazzyon:

Please I need to know the amount charged for a trip in an Helicopter in Lagos States. I'd like to get one for some personal bizness.

Please log on to http://www.oas-helicopters.org/

Addresses:
1. Maryland Heliport: #1, Bank Anthony Way Maryland, Ikeja - Lagos.
2. Local Airport: Concord Airline Hangar, Local Airport Ikeja.
Tel: +234-1-7909809; Mobile: +234-0803 446 3432; Fax: 234-1-4979523. Email: contact@oas-helicopters.org
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ronnieslimz(f): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2007
my first trip by air was filled with fear of plane crash, i couldn't take everything i was given. . felt lyk vomiting, i couldn't say anything i was just too afraid d only moment i enjoyed was when it was above the clouds!

i laff at myself weneva im reminded of this. . silly me grin grin
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ne4real(f): 11:23am On Aug 10, 2007
my first trip on air was nice

i was a corper then, that was in 2003, i flew from lagos to sokoto where my primary assignment was, with ADC.i had heard alot about peoples experiences on air and had learnt alot, so when we had reach a high altitude and the gallop in the clouds where much, i was scared, but i just maintained as if there was nothing. I couldnt wait for the plane to land so that i could dive out. grin grin grin. it was quite an experience.

after that, i had one experience i cant 4get in a hurry with Bellview, from abuja to Lagos, sometime in 2005. when we had entered a very turbulent gallop, some of the bags in the luggage carriage where falling from it, everywhere was vibrating. i had to say my last pray cos i had given up. mmmeeehhhn. i cant forget that day in a hurry.

since then i've been flying, but my last experience was in April this year, i flew with chachangi from owerri back to abuja. when we reach abuja, the plane couldnt land. we spent an extra time of 20mins on air. the weather was bad and there was traffic on air. i died and work up so many times.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

it was an experience i dont pray to encounter in my life again. whao
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by mimiko(f): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2007
:p
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by nossycheek(f): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2007
Elgaxton

@nossyCheek

so na to enter plane be fulfilment of your destiny for this world eh

Well, thanks for reading me out of context. Well, definitely, that is not the fulfilment of my destiny.
But my feeling was that If I die aboard a plane, nothing spoil. At least no be poor man death.

@All

Have you come from Ghana to Lagos by air? What is the feeling, immediately you take off from the airport as the plane hovers
on top of the ocean?
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by slimfella(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
My first time Hmmmn, I was lil and i remember my Younger bro cryin cos he didnt want to get off the plane. i remember we scatter the airport before take off. I also remember that the air hostess gave us extra cake and juice cos he thought we were cute.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by uchetobi(f): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2007
My first trip in air was in 1992, when I was 6, (Kabo airlines) from Kaduna to Lagos when we were re-locating.I slept all through and the only thing I can remember was the discomfort of the pressure of the plane to my ears
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by abilityman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2007
my trips on air has always been thesame , always scared!!!

On my first trip as an adult, i remember almost jumping out of my seat and shouting when the noise from landing was on. I thought the impossible has happened!!!

Boy, i dont look forward to an air travel.

cheers
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Alonu(m): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
it was really fun for methough iwas scared at take off
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by charlione(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2007
twas a really cool xperience.turbulence wasn't too funny though.knew what it was so didnt panic too much.all in all,it was fun! grin
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by abstarr(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2007
can't really remember mine sad sad sad

All i know is that i hate turbulence!!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2007
i can't remember my first time experience on a plane, i was pretty young. but i can remember my last domestic flight in Nigeria. was a chachangai flight, because we missed the virgin Nigeria, i was quite skeptical using this airline. i was scared stiff, because it was a quick flight back from Abuja to come catch my intl flight the next day. there was a storm, i kept on praying and could not sleep through out, even though my dad kept telling me not to bother myself. i have never liked takeoffs and landing kind of creates this funny sensation in my tummy.

But if am talking of the worst flight i ever took it was an ADC flight, in fact to be precise it was the adc air plane that crashed, and it was a few weeks before the crash. i almost passed out because the take off was really bad, in the air, the plane kept making a lot of noise, the weather was not so good a lot of fog. i kept on praying, i usually eat what am given on the plane, but i could not eat, when we were about to land, the plane banged with a heavy boom on the run way, i almost passed out and said my last prayer, everyone on the plane were all panicking, the flight attendants had to calm fliers down. i thought we had crashed. from what i heard i think one of the wheels had problems. immediately we landed, even before the plane came to a final stop, i had almost removed my seat belt, immediately the plane stopped, i jump from my seat and did not even wait for those in front to leave i rushed out, a lot of fliers were struggling to rush out, it was obvious a lot of people were scared stiff . my dad came down later and kept on laughing at me sad embarassed. whenever i think back, i remember anything could have happened that day. and i thank God for his grace and mercy kiss upon me.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by iice(f): 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2007
Don't remember mine. . .wasn't even 1yr old then.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by emiemi(f): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
My first trip by air was not as adventurous as I had always imagined it. I had to travel hurriedly on the morning I got the news of my mum's death. After having cried my eyes out, I left for the airport in the morning so I can get to see her and actually know the details of her death. I was just sober throughout the journey without any excitemnet of a first-time flyer. Much later after that, I got to travel again by air and I tried to enjoy the view and the journey. I missed out on that first time but it really made me fearless concerning flying. It's rreally exciting and when u consider d short period u spend in the air to travelling by road, it's interesting.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Sonye(f): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2007
my first day,
sorry, cant remember. I used to fly almost every week and i started like about, sorry can't remember that either. I guess i was born in the plane
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by busygirl(f): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2007
My ppl, mIne wasn't easy at all. My first flight was on bellview airline, not to long after the crash incident. Actually, my dad didn't tell us what airline he booked for I and my sis until a day before we travelled coz he knew I would have screamed. Oh my daze! I was so scared plus we had air turbulence. I couldn't eat, and i was air sick as well i.e throwing up and all that. I can never forget that day. I pitied the air-host/hostesses, coz I was wondering what EXACTLY they find interesting in the job they do.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by TCUBE(m): 5:26am On Aug 11, 2007
Amazing exprience, from the muhammed int'l airport in lagos to amsterdam, i felt like a new being traveling on a plane out of nigeria, the most amazing air trip was the one from amsterdam to newyork, ma word! it was awesome , scary at one point in time tho when we had turbulence but it was good, the food,music, tv , internet gosh, it was great, love traveling by air, can wait!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by PTH(m): 6:34am On Aug 11, 2007
from most of the posts here it seems air travel in Nigeria is more of a near death experience. I've flown in light snow a couple of times and the only issue is probably a bit more noise, extra turbulence and the inconvenience of having ur seat belt on longer than usual.

nossycheek:

@All

Have you come from Ghana to Lagos by air? What is the feeling, immediately you take off from the airport as the plane hovers
on top of the ocean?

try flying a good 3-4hrs over vast stretches of the mediteranean sea on the Lagos-Europe flights (KLM). Beautiful experience though a bit scary because u're thinking, if anything happens u're going into the sea and i cant swim! tongue
Just in case, ur seat can also serve as a small bouyant in case u end up in the atlantic (God forbid!). cool
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by melandash(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2007
Hi i love flying i had to read everyones post. I have been flying since my mum's womb. BUt i have had some very scary experience. My first scary experience was Lagos to Addis Ababa onmy way to Egypt 2002 the turbulence was so much that all i could think of was why did i have to travel. To make issues worse was when we arrived Ethiopia's AirSpace all i could see around me were moutains and the pilot was doing some serious plane manouvre. To make the whole experience memorable we had a lay over at the Airport for like 6hrs the waiting room was crowded only 3 tiolets at the departure hall, infact it was like i was in the market no space to seat down it was quite horrible and scary. My return journey was no better at Cairo Airport the Aircraft Officials overslept and leftus in the Aiport forlike 2 hrs behind our schedule departure time so i was pissed. As soon as i boarded the plane i just took sleeping tablets and slept my way thru the entire flight.
I have had very good domestic Flight like Virgin Nigeria Lagos Abuja Chanchagi Kaduna Lagos Defunct Okada Lagos-Enugu-Lagos.
My most memorable flight was Accra-Lagos Virgin Nigeria the scene was beautiful and everything about the plane was peaceful .
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Ralvy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2007
Twaz Aight*
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Purist(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2007
My first trip by air was in 1996; I was very young then.  It was a flight from Lagos to Warri. 

I can remember that the airport was really cool and smelling nice.  The aircrafts were so big (it was my first time seeing one on ground).  I remember there was a long delay before takeoff that day, because we had to wait for a plane which was coming to Lagos through the same route as ours to land.  Eventually, we took off.  As the plane was speeding through the runway, I felt like a superstar grin.  And just as the plane was leaving the ground, I felt like my heart was in my mouth shocked.  I was quite scared, but as soon as we got into the clouds, I was calm, and suddenly my eardrums were slightly blocked; I could barely hear clearly.  Looking down through the window was a memorable and pleasant sight to behold, as everyone appeared like ants grin.  There was a time I couldn't see beyond the clouds though.  At that point, I felt like placing my hand out of the window to catch the clouds (like in Care Bears grin).

Not too long after we landed at the Warri airport, my ears opened again.  It seemed like a miracle to me. grin  The trip was a lovely experience anyway.

Since then, I've flown to and fro the same destination about 5 other times.  One of such flights that I will never forget was when we were about to land at the Warri airport.  It seemed the pilot was a bit inexperienced, as the plane just suddenly hit the ground, and made the whole plane quite unstable.  Everyone was in panic, but I kept my cool. cool
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by tonitone1(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2007
Mine was in 1987! then i was in 200 levels in Makurdi, and i was going back to school via the then good Nigeria airways, guess what, the air fare then was N75! with student rebate!, it was fun you know as an engineering student then, i was busy calculating the take off and cruising speed!, though i was abit afraid, i did't let it show i also remebering appreciating God almighty the more, u know when we got into the sky envelope it was wonderful and i kept praising his name,
My worst! as amanager in the east i had to travel frequently to Lagos for meetings and on one occassion, i boarded EAS!, men it was an experience i dont want to remember, THE PLANE COULD NOT LAND IN ENUGU FOR GOOD 30 MIN!, then u'll know that Nigerians KNOW HOW TO PRAY!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by atwix(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2007
on my first trip from lagos to abj,it was cool, no fever or nothing. got not the chance to sit by the window,but still saw the serene landscape from up. on getting to abj, we had to wait for like 30-45mins in the air to land; reason a vip plane wants to take off, so all other incoming plane had to wait in the air till the vip plane is in the air, is it normal for planes to park in the air till a vip personnel has been cleared off.(security checks).what manner of operational policy is applied here.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by oge4real(f): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2007
My first trip was with chachangi from Lagos to Abuja.I can not really say what happened there because I took 2 bottles of malt before baording which acted as vallium for me.I slept all through the trip to avoid the fright.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by kuburatk: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2007
mine was fun cos i can remember saying out loud for other people on board to hear .
DADDY WE ARE INSIDE THE SKY .was kinda little then, way back when i was in nursery 3 grin wink cool
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by dafman(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2007
My First Adult trip was from Lagos to New-York, everything was okay till we approached JFK and the plane started it's descent, I felt like my ear-drums were going to burst, it was so bad I had to cover my ears with my hands and still no respite, funny enough the people around me seemed okay. I had to endure this scenario three more times because I took three flights same day to get to my final destination in Texas.

nobody seems to have this problem here, is it only me?
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by PTH(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2007
not just you dafman, i hurt my eardrums in december and spent two weeks shouting just to hear myself.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by dafman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH:

not just you dafman, i hurt my eardrums in december and spent two weeks shouting just to hear myself.
That's good to know, I thought there was something wrong with my ears, I experienced that for some days.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by PTH(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2007
take a pack of chewing gums on ur next flight. chewing helps a lot.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by dafman(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2007
Really? I might as well try it, anything to reduce the pain
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by PTH(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2007
constant chewing helps ur eyes pop and reduce pressure.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ehie007(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2007
My first experience by flight was wen i was travelling to port harcourt, honestly i was so calm, i didnt feel scared.
i enjoyed it wen the plane was taking off, was looking outside the window and viewing the skies, was beautiful. but a lot of pple were scared. The best thing to take away the fear is to sleep off thats if u can or get ur mind distracted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tragedy As Ambulance Kills Three In Abia / Going To Ibadan For The First Time / Liberia:Rising From The UN-Civil War (In Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.