Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Describe Your First Trip By Air - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Describe Your First Trip By Air (12660 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / * / Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by omoify(f): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2007
pls whats the cost of obtaining a return ticket to london
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by dumi(f): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2007
no be if i don travel by air i go kw wetin to talk.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by sammyjl(f): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2007
winkDont really remember, was young than, but it was nice.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2007
I sat down and the plane took off and landed.
Isn't that what is supposed to happen?
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by spora(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2007
dumi:

grin  grin  grin  grin

Na so ma dear
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by PTH(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2007
dumi:

then describe your first trip by molue.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by jilpado: 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
this is nice a topic , infact mine was very interesting trip , it was lagos abuja CBN aircraft in the year 2000 , though i had no fear at all , but quite unfortunate the lady that sat beside was suppose to keep my company through the 45mins journey , but she suddenly felt sick and started formitting , all i could remenber was telling her several sorry messages , by the time i could ask her for her details we already in abuja can you imagine no data apart from her name , which she hurrily said '' MOJI'' very pretty angel i like her sha !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
HI,
I DONT LIKE THEM.MOST LADIES WEARING THEM LOOK 2 ARTIFICIAL
NATURAL LOOKS IS COOL
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by uchetobi(f): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2007
PTH:

then describe your first trip by molue.

LOL grin
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2007
HI,
IT WAS LAGOS PH.
I LOOKED 4WD 2 IT.
IT WAS COOL N I WAS CALM ALL THR.
LOOKING OUT D WINDOW,EVRYTHING WAS MINUTE.
I LIKE D SPEED OF PLANE N PREFER IT 2 HOURS ON D ROAD
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Allta(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
Actually my first time isn't too bad, except for that a lot Nigerians where shouting "Blood of Jesus" when the Plane was Shaking in the mid air.

But my last was really difficult, I had to fly for about 6 times in a month and it damaged my ear drums, remember those sweets they give us in the planes, those never worked for me.

Peace Out!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by TruBrotha: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2007
Jeeeez please just let it go. Y'all don't want to remind me of that crazy day huh?
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by shinystar(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2007
My first flight experience was to India via Dubai. I could not sleep throughout the seven-and-half flight to Dubai. I was both nervous and apprehensive but there was no turbulence thanks to Emirates flight I flew.

As soon as I boarded, I told myself I must visit the gent and "piss" on those down, which I did in few minutes. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and have never stopped flying since then.

But my worst experience was from PH-Lagos in June. The Arik flight I boarded ran into turbulence and there was apprenhension among us. I was too happy to disembark and now have phobia for local flights.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by santony2k(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2007
@shinystar
I dont think the airline has control over turbulence. They don't make the clouds, so dont be scared of domestic flight, worry more about international flights cuz, the turbulence will be happening over the ocean, whereas on domestic, if youre lucky you have mroe of a chance of survival in case of incasity
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by tkb417(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2007
I got a job that demands me flying to and fro twice every forthnight. Consulting job. after my engagement letter, i was seconded on a SAP project in Asaba.

The aero contractor plane to benin is the small one. i entered, feeling like a big boi, looked at faces, saw plenty accenture people, was hapi and i said to myself "so this is how consulting is".

few minutes after, the plane started jacking, before i say jack robinson, i started speaking in tongues aloud. ahhh. wetin be dis? i remembered quickly the bellview and i remembered i read that their was a first timer in the plane. meeeeeeeeen, i thought i was gonna die,we landed and i felt probably being a air hostess isnt worse than being a consultant. But now, im getting used to it. can someone really get used to the turbulence? it drives me mad
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ifybabe(f): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2007
My first trip on air was in May 2007 from Owerri-Lagos, it was a sweet experience, i had gotten information of what to expect while the plane is taking off and landing, so i was not afraid, but i couldn't keep quiet till the plane landed and i was with my honey.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by tipsy289(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2007
haa i remember my first time, was with ma sis and bro and mumsi,had too seat beside my mum and hold her hand cos i wasnt sure how the take-off will be.after that it was all good and slept very well till we got to london
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Demaks(f): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
my first was from Lagos to abuja on july 28 2007 it was fun.
when it took off, i held my seat after a while it steadied there was no turbulence.
on landing i thought the plane will bend as d pilot said fasten ur seat belt we're about descending. i saw d wing open up and curved and i was still busy waiting for d plane to bend as in sloping. next thing the plane touched ground and my heart flew cos i thought it has crashed, when i looked out of the window i saw dat we're already at d nnamdi azikiwe airport.
it was fun afterall i have decieded to be flying
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Everbright(f): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2007
I didn't entertain any fear cos i already had first hand info of what i was going to experience.
Nevertheless,the guy beside me noticed i was a first timer since I was always looking down the window.
But I really enjoyed the experience lol!!!
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by karrye(f): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
first time, age: six.
my classmate from school told me when she went on holiday, the air hostess let her touch the clouds.
imagine my joy goin onboard, didnt notice the take off
all i wanted to do was 'touch the sky'
i dont think i've ever been sooooooo disappointed!!! cry
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by faforelola: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2007
My first experience was very interesting n i was very much scared inside and careful not to let anyone know it was my first time coz i was really cute that day n almost missed the flight.
Anyway wen the plane was accelerating ,my heart started skipping fast i tot i was gonna jump out of my seat and throw up,the feeling was terrible to the extent that i developed headache.All through the journey i was praying and asking God for a wonderful and safe trip coz i looked and tot of ways to escape if it would exist but guys i was scared.
Since then ve been really in control and enjoyable coz its faster.
Good luck guys keep this forum going
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Macutie(f): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2007
i was soooooooooooooooooooo scared!!!!!!!!

My stomach kept launching! But after wards the my other experiences where cool , no problems.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by smriti(f): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hello.

My first travel by flight. I remember how painful it was, i get sever ear pain, and i did not know what to do.
Traveling be air can be a tiring if you are new to it.

So it's best to be prepared to ensure a pain free journey.

Thanks
http://flights.blogster.com/
Smriti Kumari
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by EloSela(f): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2008
My first time on a plane was travelling from Benin to Lagos and I actually enjoyed it. It was when I had to take Nigerians airways from MM to London that I was really scared. The plane was shaking like it was getting ready to fall out of the sky and I was tense throughout the whole journey.

This was when I was 14 and going back to the UK after living in Nigeria for a spell.

In case you are wondering we actually took Nigerian Sealines, which was a world class ship, that I think has probably suffered the same fate as Nigerians airways, from Scotland to Lagos when I first left the Uk at age 8.

It was a journey that took us all of 5 weeks and which was very exciting because the ship stopped at most of the major ports of West Africa before arriving in Lagos. During my time in Nigeria I always imagined that London was really far away because it took us 5 whole weeks to travel from there and so when it came time for me to travel back on a plane I was shocked because it took all of 5 hours, lol
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by chychy(f): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2008
@Elosela, i can imagine ur surprise. this thread is very interesting.

My 1st flight was in 06. it was aero contractors, it was abj to lagos 7pm flight. we dint waste time @ the airport. the takeoff was very smooth, onboard, i think we were served a sandwich n drinks but i couldn't take anything out of pure excitement.

Landing wasn't as smooth as takeoff but in all it was a good experience without drama. i dint throw up or anything dramatic but then again, maybe it's cos it wasn't long. but i was awed when i saw the clouds.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by ochiaha1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2008
My first time of travelling in the air was on board a now defunct airline, K, o , from Lagos to Port Harcourt.

As the plane took off from the tarmac, I had an exhiliarating experience , it felt like I was literally flying in the air like a bird.The take off of the airplane still gives me that thrill whenever I travel by air.

As the plane ascended and turned round to head to Port Harcourt I could remember seeing the Atlantic Ocean with some ships on it and it really looked a beautiful sky-blue unlike the gray colour it takes on when viewed on land.

It was a nice flight  to PH, except for the fact that I had a ringing sensation in my ears, later in the 45 minutes flight, and was told it could have been relieved by chewing some bubble-gum during the flight. smiley
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2008
'
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by Jarus(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2008
My first trip by air was on Friday, February 14, 2007. I was sent to deliver some documents at the SEC office in Abuja by the company I was working in then.
I had heard so much about traveling by air but I was disappointed to know it was a bit exaggerated. Sure my heartbeat rose a little bit, but i didn't feel much in the much-talked-about landing and take-off. It
I have since travelled by air several times after that.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by nedureg01(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
my first flight was to Calgary, Canada (roughly 19hrs flight).I had never flown b4 dat, but i was Ok and dat was my first contact with the oyinbo crowd cos we were only about 5 africans on-board d lufthansa connecting flight from Germany.I behaved normal, infact it was as if d guy b an ambassador dat travels regularly.d issues i encountered was d cold and d worst was that i felt so caged and i didnt feel good about it.As i just came out from d Airport, na so COLD JUST EMBRACE AS IF NA MY BABE!!! no b small thing o!!!!!!!! but it was a gr8 experience.
Re: Describe Your First Trip By Air by lobinoxebe(m): 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2008
my own dey come,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liberia:Rising From The UN-Civil War (In Pictures) / Going To Ibadan For The First Time / Dubai And South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.