Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver (8209 Views)

2023: PDP Will Handle Wike When His Candidate Is Unveiled, Says Tambuwal / 2023: Wike To Remain In PDP, Vows Not To Work For Atiku - Daily Independent / Haruna Tambuwal Is Dead! Aminu Tambuwal's Father Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Oluwolex2000(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2022
Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver Bloc Votes

Prominent leader of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] Olabode George has said leading presidential aspirant of the party, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has come of age to be president of Nigeria.

The Lagos state PDP strongman who stated this while receiving Governor Tambuwal at his private office in Ikoyi, went down memory lane to 2014, he urged Mr Tambuwal who was Speaker of the House of Representatives to run for Sokoto state governorship in place of the Presidency which Mr Tambuwal was considering then.

"Let me take you back a bit. In 2014, you came to me and said, oga, I want to run for presidency but I remember telling you "Kadan-Kadan". That the time is not ripe yet and you should go for sokoto governorship instead which you did and obeyed me. but now, the time has come. Governor Tambuwal, now you are ready for presidency."

Speaking further, Mr George added that Governor Tambuwal posses the right character, competence and  temperament to handle a multi dynamic and complex Nigeria.

In Ondo, Governor Tambuwal was received by the immediate deputy governor of the state, Agbola Ajayi as well as well as the state PDP chairman, Fatai Adams.

“I appeal to your conscience to be fair to your party and the people of Nigeria. Do not compromise under any guise the trust given to you to go and nominate people that can win election for our party.

“If we want to win 2023, you have a task for supporting a ticket that is electable and a pan Nigerian ticket. Ondo will play a central role in our government,” he said.

The presidential hopeful said he is a pan Nigerian that would deliver the dividends of democracy that Nigerians had been yearning for.

Mr Tambuwal further urged the delegates to vote for an aspirant that could win the presidential election for the party.

The governor stated that he believes in devolution of powers to the state and local governments.

“Devolution should be done in view with revenue formula.

“Give more responsibility to the state and local government, and then give them more money. They are closer to the people and have experience. Let the centre be lighter,” he said.

Engaging the delegates in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital, Tambuwal said he would ensure that equity and transparency reign, if given the opportunity to get the PDP ticket and wins the presidential election.

He said that insecurity and other challenges would be addressed to ensure that lives and property of every Nigerian were secured.

The Sokoto State Governor said that his experience qualified him to lead the country to prosperity.

He implored the party delegates to give him their votes, promising not to let them down.

Commenting, Ogungbenro, who spoke on behalf of the state delegates, described Tambuwal as a competent leader, capable to lead the country.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/presidency-bode-george-says-tambuwal-is-ready-as-ondo-oyo-pdp-vows-to-deliver-bloc-votes/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by hisexcellency34: 10:52am On May 20, 2022
Baba is just cashing out

15 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Yoruba roun........................

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Mumusaphire: 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Hmmmm. Where are we going in this country? Who should we vote for? Pls make good choices and vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by slawormiir: 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Isoright
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Mopolchi: 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Peter Obi or nobody else in PDP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by dedonfranco(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Why are criminals supporting Tambuwal, Atiku and Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Lankyscot(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2022
I really do not want to burst your bubble...What I am about to say may IRK you and you may end up BINDING ME IJN�, however A TRUTH IS A TRUTH and it must be told.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that Nigeria can move from an ABYSMAL THIRD WORLD COUNTRY into a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY in the next two decades. Sorry, if I just broke your heart, but one of the conditions for countries that made that kind of leap was "LONG TERM GOOD LEADERSHIP".

Let's look at a country like Singapore. Li Kuan Yew took Singapore from poverty to prosperity in a 30 Year period...There is no Nigerian in this OLD CROP of politicians who can change this nation in 8 years not to talk of 4 years...

I am sorry again if I broke your heart, but A TRUTH must be told, it's why I am in the Thought Leadership space. I know you want to begin to POSITIVELY CONFESS AND MANIFEST a prosperous Nigeria�. Common guys, we have been positively confessing for decades...

If we are to get things right there are certain conditions that MUST be fulfilled and these conditions CANNOT be negotiated�!

Another country to have done this is RWANDA.

Last Bullet: All these politicians are promising what they CANNOT AND WILL NOT be able to deliver. With a debt profile of over 58 Trillion Naira, I dare to say that Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon!
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by sogodihno: 11:12am On May 20, 2022
I thought this shameless man is rooting for SE presidency,confusionist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by soberdrunk(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2022
This our uncle will never support the right candidate, it's either Obi in Pdp or Prof in Apc we want!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by STEWpid(f): 11:12am On May 20, 2022
It's their problem, not ours.

Please, not all news are worthy of front page.

I don't understand the relevance of this news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2022
All the more reason APC must ensure that it's most popular candidate emerges as flagbearer.....

Asiwaju all the way....

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by duro4chang(m): 11:15am On May 20, 2022
Tambuwal is ready, who is not ready then?
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by eddynaira125: 11:15am On May 20, 2022
Time for delegate to smile home
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Concience55: 11:15am On May 20, 2022
Right Honourable Aminu Tambuwal pontificating about "Equity" when his own very ambition stands Equity on it's head.

How Nigeria intends to build a Strong , Virile and Prosperous nation without EQUITY and JUSTICE is what baffles me.

#JUSTICE for South East.
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Nobody: 11:16am On May 20, 2022
STEWpid:

putting peter obi picture is marketing him grin cheesy learn politics
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by TruthinAction: 11:17am On May 20, 2022
The power of money. Some people are ready to sell their parents for money and even the entire region. This is what Bode George has just done. But it is bad market. We are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Concience55: 11:19am On May 20, 2022
D
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by aribisala0(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2022
Deborah Yakubu
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Honourable1901(m): 11:23am On May 20, 2022
Its time to eat and belle full
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by derecho(m): 11:23am On May 20, 2022
In your question lies ur answer
dedonfranco:
Why are criminals supporting Tambuwal, Atiku and Tinubu?
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by OTUMIKE: 11:29am On May 20, 2022
Ready for the loot...anywhere belle face: any candidate that visits is assured of their support. It's turn of the south
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by asobo1: 11:30am On May 20, 2022
See this elder oooh shocked So it isn't southern turn again

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by iswallker(m): 11:43am On May 20, 2022
Says an ex convict

Tambuwak charged people for disturbance of peace - after killing a girl in broad day light - he's nit ready

undecided
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by Tbbt8: 11:49am On May 20, 2022
Okay
Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by STEWpid(f): 11:53am On May 20, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
putting peter obi picture is marketing him grin cheesy learn politics

Whatever that it is, has no meaning to me.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Bode George Says Tambuwal Is Ready As Ondo, Oyo PDP Vows To Deliver by AprokoGirl: 11:57am On May 20, 2022
STEWpid:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Nigerian Army Are Now Burning Ijaw Villages. ( Photos)!!! / Tinubu’s Election, Greatest Legacy Of President Buhari – Governor Oyebanji / Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.