Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know (46932 Views)

Longest Word In English / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / What Is The Longest Word In English Language That Is Typed With Only Left Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by LordEclipse: 9:03am On May 24, 2022
Akinpedia:
The longest English word without a vowel is twyndyllyngs which means "twins".

An octopus has three hearts.

The literal meaning of “Once in a blue moon” is once every 2.7 years.

Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.

Slugabed (noun):

A lazy person who stays in bed long past the usual time for waking up

1 billion seconds = 32 years.

The longest word in the English language is 45 letters long:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Atelophobia is a condition that causes people to over think and obsess over the thought of not being good enough.

Psychologists have found that sending and receiving text messages can actually boost your mood when you’re feeling lonely.

A Nillionaire is someone who has little to no money. The 'Nil' is from Latin, meaning nothing.

Negaholics are people who become addicted to self-doubt and negativity. Th

ey find the bad in most things and are hardly ever satisfied.
Nillonaire,that's a polite poverty na..

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Orestino(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2022
Noted OP!

But that slugabed, you for just challenge me direct. No be say you go dey cut through corners

Make I no catch you for street sha grin
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by BannedUser: 9:04am On May 24, 2022
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by haffaze777(m): 9:04am On May 24, 2022
Eleyi thick gan.

Thanks op for sharing
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by sayso: 9:05am On May 24, 2022
Akinpedia:

Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.

Slugabed (noun):

Atelophobia is a condition that causes people to over think and obsess over the thought of not being good enough.

Psychologists have found that sending and receiving text messages can actually boost your mood when you’re feeling lonely.

A Nillionaire is someone who has little to no money. The 'Nil' is from Latin, meaning nothing.

Negaholics are people who become addicted to self-doubt and negativity. They find the bad in most things and are hardly ever satisfied.
it is a lie 1billion seconds is not equal to 32 years, rather it is 1billion,9million,152 thousand seconds. 1,009,152,000.

2 Likes

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Noblequin(f): 9:05am On May 24, 2022
Wooww thanks op for sharing, we learn everyday!
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Gamezi(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2022
Nillionaire in English…. Sapa in yoruba
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Jennyclay(f): 9:07am On May 24, 2022
How would a stammerer pronounce "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Kelvin3476: 9:07am On May 24, 2022
WHAT IS APPENING HERE.
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by topoftheworld(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2022
This is an eye opener.
Let me post then on my WhatsApp status.
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by KingsleyIsrael: 9:09am On May 24, 2022
feelonaire is one who feels he is a millionaire or acts like one.

7 Likes

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by bonnyhope: 9:10am On May 24, 2022
So now I can say some nairaalnd Bois are NILLO NAIRE
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Preferito(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2022
Tanjyu op
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by MrBroke(m): 9:12am On May 24, 2022
Nillonaire grin I like that, I guess I have to change my name to that
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Nobody: 9:18am On May 24, 2022
seanwilliam:
Run from negaholic people
example, REDPILLERS and FEMINISTS
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by SUGARCyprian247: 9:18am On May 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Rey11(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2022
Not all words in dictionary are English ... I think
Nigerialabalaba:
OP u do well o but Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis no be English word
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by dreu2fine(m): 9:19am On May 24, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
OP u do well o but Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis no be English word
Bro
English language is combination of many languages

1 Like

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Administration1: 9:20am On May 24, 2022
9182736455O1999:
Nillionaire-glorified porverty
Sapa don get botanical name

2 Likes

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by estyvino(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2022
Akinpedia:

Slugabed (noun):

Negaholics are people who become addicted to self-doubt and negativity. They find the bad in most things and are hardly ever satisfied.
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Rey11(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2022
Although it is called English dictionary but Most of the words don't have English origin... I think
Nigerialabalaba:
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Stayingtrueee(f): 9:22am On May 24, 2022
Iamvetlander come learn oh grin
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by naijaman2225(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2022
I DON LEARN MUCH FROM DIS THREAD OOO BUT I STILL REMAIN WITH MY OXFORD ADVANCE LEARNERS DICTIONARY BECAUSE NA D ENGLISH WEN I FIT SPEAK NAIM DEY DERE, NOT D ONE WEN GO MAKE PEOPLE WONDER WEDA KOLO WAN START. LOLOL
BY THE WAY, I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE, OP.
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Nobody: 9:23am On May 24, 2022
This long words sha e get why
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Jesuslvzme(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2022
Really enjoy this, kudos to O P
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by sylve11: 9:28am On May 24, 2022
robinso01:
That nillionaire got me hard

You come begin reason your life, abi? grin cool
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Ahmback(m): 9:29am On May 24, 2022
na poverty wey don join cult
9182736455O1999:
Nillionaire-glorified porverty

1 Like

Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Iamthoney(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2022
Sapanaire get hope for where Nillionaire dey sef
Re: Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know by Juanmike(m): 9:33am On May 24, 2022
I thought Interdenominationalism is the longest word in dictionary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging / 'Bee Beard’: Professor Covered In Bees At Washington State University (Graphic) / List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.