Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? (16362 Views)

Which Universities In Nigeria Has The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? / 3 Nigeria Universities With The Fastest & Slowest Academic Calender / Opinion: 4 Public Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by richard69(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
Unilorin for sure
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by antitpiah: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2011
Whats NDU?
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by amblors(m): 12:24am On Jul 31, 2011
methodman:

Kinda funny 2 see that Olabisi Onabanjo University hasn't been mentioned on this thread. Its the SLOWEST university in the world. Believe me.

yea, i wondered why it hadnt been mentioned.
i know one session spanned about 2years a while back.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Jarus(m): 12:28am On Jul 31, 2011
Fastest. Thınk Unılorın
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by antitpiah: 12:35am On Jul 31, 2011
Jarus:

Fastest. Thınk Unılorın

Used to be?

Not anymore. The stability enjoyed under Professor S. Oba Abdulraheem hasnt been replicated by other VCs.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by ncpat(m): 1:20am On Jul 31, 2011
most of u are getting it all wrong, u have to post your academy calendar showing when you start a session and when you finish so as to tell if your school normally stick to their calendar, well for me i give it to GSU Gombe State University, this is a state university with clean environment and ever since it commencement, there is nothing like strike, to cut the story down, i got admission into the school last year for the 2010/2011 session, the school fully resumed lecture for the new intake 100 level student nov.2010 and we are still in july, 2011 and we are done with our second semester and as i`m writing now the 2011/2012 academy calendar has be drawn out which will by the grace of GOD start from october, 2011 to july 2012
below is a pic of the school.

Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by amblors(m): 1:22am On Jul 31, 2011
^^^ that is a fine school.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by antitpiah: 1:38am On Jul 31, 2011
amblors:

^^^ that is a fine school.

Not better than a satte secondary school in the south-west!

Trust me, you dont want to send your kids there.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by amblors(m): 1:46am On Jul 31, 2011
antitpiah:

Whats NDU?
Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, bayelsa.

antitpiah:

the place is plenty clean anyways. not planning on goin up north man. no fear.

1 Like

Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by ncpat(m): 2:00am On Jul 31, 2011
antitpiah:

i will like to know if the satte secondary school is a state own secondary school and also post a pic for proof and for your information, is not even easy to get admission in GSU so don`t even bother whether you are sending your kid or not

Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by ronkebp(f): 2:16am On Jul 31, 2011
unilorin, is the fastest,
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by WebSurfer(m): 2:22am On Jul 31, 2011
Click on my signature and get yourself updated,
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by adeibi: 3:11am On Jul 31, 2011
OOU is the slowest and I mean slowest.
I'm not talking about a semester behind others, but a session .
We are 1 session or even 1 and a half session (if compared to faster schools) behind.
Gained admission 2007/2008 session but started receiving lectures June 2008.
Now i'm in 300L yet to start 2nd semester.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Saheed9: 3:55am On Jul 31, 2011
@ adeibi which dept u dey, i'm also in oou
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by RuuDie(m): 5:46am On Jul 31, 2011
FUT.Akure is almost at the end of the second semester. . . . . . .i think exams would have started ~ so guess they are pretty much on point!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by RuuDie(m): 5:50am On Jul 31, 2011
by October or November 2011/2012 session should commence there!
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by dapachez: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2011
Methodman you are right and very correct.i wonder why guiness book of world records have not created a record for olabisi onabanjo university THE SLOWEST UNIVERSITY IN THE GALAXY
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by adaybayor(m): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2011
i think unaab is the fastest currently cos i got admitted march 2009 and now am on siwes 1 nd will resume 400L by oct. 4,
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by adaybayor(m): 7:05am On Jul 31, 2011
i think unaab is the fastest currently cos i got admitted march 2009 and now am on siwes 1 nd will resume 400L by oct. 4,
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2011
unilorin. their calendar is consistent and they dont go on strike. They're not part of ASUU thats y they dont strike. enough people hav graduated from there on time
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by marcus1234: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2011
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by slap1(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2011
I'm in Abia State University. We're on the verge of rounding up three semesters in about 8 months. That's pretty fast, if you ask me.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Sike(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2011
Me think it is UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN that is the fastest, while OLABISI ONABANJO the Sluggish.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by WebSurfer(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2011
Aau started may n just finished writing their exams,
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by TinTin18(f): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2011
Babcock University wink
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by wascom2: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2011
as far as i know uni ilorin is the fastest while unibuja is the slowest in this universe, they are still writing their first semester exam.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by malaria(f): 11:35am On Jul 31, 2011
NAU 4eva ,went 2 dat skul within 2 and half years.no strike,not unda ASUU.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by osajojo(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2011
Which university graduates are the fastest to get jobs. Calender or no calender we would meet at the same junction which is labour market.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by chino11(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2011
unizik remains the best and fastest. no interruptions and no strikes
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by JPizzy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hey, folks!

Don't be deceived. Unizik has always been the fastest. A national sports competition involving medical students was just concluded in Uniilorin. I guess that's a good reason for the school to end the session early so as to host the contingents.

I don't know about the slowest but when it comes to training medical students, I think E.B.S.U., I.M.S.U. & Madonna University are @ the bottom of the totem pole. Don't forget that in the recent past, Unizik has hardly partaken in A.S.U.U. strikes.

Normally, it takes 8 good years to study medicine in E.B.S.U. unlike the 6 years obtainable in most schools. I.M.S.U. medical students that gained admission in 2006 just started sitting 2nd MBBS exam. last week. This means that they are still in 300 level while their Unizik counterparts that gained admission in the same year are about to get done with 500 level.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by prime483: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
Uniuyo keeps ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ 2 weeks 4 exams.Uniuyo keeps ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ 2 weeks 4 exams.
Re: Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? by Flashaldrin(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2011
JPizzy:

Hey, folks!

Don't be deceived. Unizik has always been the fastest. A national sports competition involving medical students was just concluded in Uniilorin. I guess that's a good reason for the school to end the session early so as to host the contingents.

I don't know about the slowest but when it comes to training medical students, I think E.B.S.U., I.M.S.U. & Madonna University are @ the bottom of the totem pole. Don't forget that in the recent past, Unizik has hardly partaken in A.S.U.U. strikes.

Normally, it takes 8 good years to study medicine in E.B.S.U. unlike the 6 years obtainable in most schools. I.M.S.U. medical students that gained admission in 2006 just started sitting 2nd MBBS exam. last week. This means that they are still in 300 level while their Unizik counterparts that gained admission in the same year are about to get done with 500 level.
gbam!! True talk. Also absu is slow. Only difference is that ebsu medical school has quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delsu Post Utme Aptitude Test Lecture 1: Anagram / Gce Past Questions And Answers / Can I Get Admission Into Any Poly Without Jamb?especially Western And Northern Polytechnics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.