Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP (28408 Views)

Why Peter Obi Dumped Julius Abure – Labour Party Chieftain, Tanko / Bode George: It's A Lie, I Never Said I Will Work For Tinubu / Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 25, 2022
George said he was not happy about Obi’s decision and that he shouldn’t expect to win every time.

A former national vice-chairman (southwest) of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olabode George has reacted to the departure of a presidential aspirant, Peter Obi, from the party ahead of its primaries.

Obi, a former governor of Anambra and running mate to Atiku Abubakar in the 2019 presidential election, in a letter dated May 24, 2022, and addressed to the national chairman of the PDP, Iyorchia Ayu, resigned from the party and withdrew from the presidential race.

Olabode during Channels Television’s Politics Today on Wednesday said he was taken aback by the news of Obi leaving PDP.

George said he was not happy about Obi’s decision and that he shouldn’t expect to win every time.

He said, “Once that news broke, I was taken aback because Obi Peter has established himself as a respectable and responsible, gentleman; very resourceful both in human resources and other endeavours of life.

“But for him to have dumped the PDP, I don’t know why he did that, it’s a pity that he actually dumped the party.

“Life is full of imponderables; you can’t win it all the time and Nigeria is still developing.
“I’m not very happy but maybe he has another plan, I don’t know why. I have a lot of regard and respect for him and every presidential aspirant in our party that came to Lagos to lobby delegates.”

He said it is very important for the PDP to present a candidate that does not have a filthy record for the presidential election.

“I was particularly very happy with every one of them (aspirants) but who will win? I’m not a soothsayer, and I don’t hold a crystal ball. May the best win but the most important is whoever we present to the Nigerian public must be somebody that has character, that has a high track record of responsibility, not somebody that has filthy things in his closet because the public office is a public trust,” he
said.

He further appealed to Nigerians to stop comparing the country’s democracy to that of the United States of America which is over 200 years old while Nigeria is still a developing country.

He said, “My appeal to everyone in this country, don’t think that, yes don’t think that Nigeria is America yet. America is over 200 years old; even there, democracy is not perfect.

“We are still like a toddler when we talk about democratic dispensation, so it will take time, and democratic practice is not a 100 metre-dash, it is continuous. You win some, you lose some but the most important thing is after an election, there will be a post-mortem analysis during which the failures and drawbacks will be looked at and we make amends for us to start growing.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/05/25/it%E2%80%99s-pity-presidential-aspirant-peter-obi-dumped-pdp-%E2%80%93-bode-george

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 11:14pm On May 25, 2022
Tewonde will always shook mouth into every matter

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:19pm On May 25, 2022
Imagine standing in the sun for an hour(s) just to vote in another old man with an outdated and analog brain?

Olorun maje

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 25, 2022
You can read the pain in Bode George that Peter left PDP, he was their surest hope.

The PDP Losing Obi as an aspirant made it loose integrity beyond recognition..

I expect Seyi makinde to start planning soonest...

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by yyba: 11:21pm On May 25, 2022
Hehehe by tomorrow BODE GEORGE hope you won't blames TINUBU for OBI leaving the PDP abi ?

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by itaewon: 11:28pm On May 25, 2022
Nothing to pity here he is irrelevant to pdp

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Richardonald(m): 11:38pm On May 25, 2022
RIP Pdp

Congrats APC for winning 2023 election in advance...

People won't understand Obi leaving Pdp means Pdp 2023 votes will decrease,they have more supporters in the south, no Pdp aspirant can beat Obi in a free and fair election in the south region.. imagine Wike/tambuwal or Bala / wike grin even Apc will sweep south south with wike tenure as governor coming to an end.... Because am sure they are also ganging to suffer Atiku on that day...

PDP not a better opposition party.
Wike has successfully destroy Pdp,

NNPP will have more votes than PDP next year if Obi or Atiku are not longer in the party..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Kingspin(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2022
Peter Obi might have seen something way bigger than him.

He cannot waste his time.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Randomgist(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2022
I'm beginning to doubt whether I will vote in the 2023 general elections, maybe if Osinbaja emerges as Apc flagbearer, since Obi is gone

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Sire360: 11:53pm On May 25, 2022
Peter we are alway with you

7 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by realstars: 12:11am On May 26, 2022
He hear Voices from the other side, they talk to him, and he obayed them.

7 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by BSdetective: 12:14am On May 26, 2022
Only nyamiris take this agbaya elder called bode seriously.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by pointblank247(m): 1:58am On May 26, 2022
itaewon:
for your mind

4 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Ezewuzie01: 2:06am On May 26, 2022
Peter Obi has shown he is a coward capitulating at this point in time. Pdp don't need cowards, it takes guts to unseat a ruling party and they need a fighter not a pusssy running around looking for which party will give him free ticket.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Felimax(m): 5:16am On May 26, 2022
I have always doubted Obi's loyalty in PDP better he is out.

Why not go to the primary and loose? Then stay and work for the party's success. The party knows he will take the other door, Obi has always been like that and that is why I don't really like his political strategy.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by MrMcJay(m): 5:40am On May 26, 2022
Esseite:
You can read the pain in Bode George that Peter left PDP, he was their surest hope.

The PDP Losing Obi as an aspirant made it loose integrity beyond recognition..

I expect Seyi makinde to start planning soonest...

Planning for what? Obi ran away from a contest,
Makinde is the only PDP Governor in the SW, he is the most senior PDP man in the SW and he won't throw that away because Obi fled from a contest.
Makinde stayed and won his ticket. How does that affect Makinde? Abi na Makinde wear canvas for Obi leg wey him take run comot PDP?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by KingKO22: 5:48am On May 26, 2022
Peter Obi is a coward, shameless and a man with zero integrity . from APGA to PDP to where now

His miscreants supporters are the most pathetic dimwits ever to engage online.

Reno has said it all.

If Obi witness half of what Tinubu has faces and overcomed in politics he would have decamped to over 20 political parties by now.

Respect to Tinubu for maintaining only a political structure since inception. He is truly a leader with principles not all this baby desperate politicians

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Nobody: 5:55am On May 26, 2022
MrMcJay:

Planning for what? Obi ran away from a contest, Makinde stayed and won his ticket. How does that affect Makinde? When it's not that it Was Makinde that put running shoes in Obi's legs.
Makinde is the only PDP Governor in the SW, he is the most senior PDP man in the SW and he won't throw that away because Obi fled from a contest.

I don't mean now... he would definitely win his re-election.. but a higher aspiration for his character in the future is dicey with the PDP..
Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Randy111(m): 6:00am On May 26, 2022
itaewon:

As it is now Peter Obi is more relevant to us than PDP and APC put together. E get why

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by gambia(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2022
The coming days will be so interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by MrMcJay(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2022
Esseite:

I don't mean now... he would definitely win his re-election.. but a higher aspiration for his character in the future is dicey with the PDP..

Which character? Are you in Oyo State at all? Abi you no know how e dey go for Oyo? GSM shares money, uses thugs and is not a Saint in politics. Go and ask people in Oyo.

In fact, he brought thugs to Kogi for Yahaya Bello's reelection, his thugs were caged by soldiers in their hotel. Ask of who Auxiliary is in Oyo State. That is Seyi Makinde's Man Friday. Peter Obi and GSM are miles apart. GSM will trash Peter Obi any day any time.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Maxymilliano(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2022
Only credible and acceptable option left is Atiku ... It's a pity indeed

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by BESTScientist1: 6:01am On May 26, 2022
He has my utmost respect for that, the time has come when people should understand we are voting individuals and not party....it's either yemi Oshibajo or Peter Obi.... wherever they go, Nigerians will vote them em mass....Yoruba reping PYO or DPO.

5 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:01am On May 26, 2022
Obi is a foolish entitled ipob pig

He wouldn't have won the primaries even without an opponent. This is not S/East where IPOB are finding it easy slicing vaginas and cutting people's heads. We agree that we don't have the time and what it takes to rig elections online...but when it comes to reality, we sure know how to show them pigheads elections are different from mkpurumiri guzzling or drug peddling

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by MemoriesAndMe: 6:03am On May 26, 2022
He can't win all the time, but y'all want them to pay for the nomination forms all the time and also pay delegates all the time to get a slot already cornered to one out of all of them? Who be mumu?

9 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by abobote: 6:03am On May 26, 2022
Big loss for PDP and peter Obi.
APC will have a free ride to the presidency again.
Since Peter Obi knows he is not ready for money politics, why contesting for president in the first place

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by EagleNest(m): 6:03am On May 26, 2022
PDP haven't changed at all nor have they learnt any lesson.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by franchasofficia: 6:04am On May 26, 2022
Peter Obi is a man of integrity. The kind of man you can rarely find in Nigeria. How many Nigerian politicians resigns from whatever they are doing if its not going well?

This is the only place I have issue with Prof Yemi Osinbajo. Osinbajo, Akinwunmi Adesina are one of my favorites among Nigerian politicians of today but PYOs decision never to resign from being Terrorist Buhari's VP despite all the ills of Buhari's leadership is my only negative rating about PYO.

I tell you all, if Peter Obi was Prof Osinbajo, he would have resigned from office. That man is a man of integrity no pretense.

Nigerians missed great Igbo men of integrity like Peter Obi in the past, I am talking of men like:

Chief Emeka Anyaoku
Dr Alex Ekwueme
Michael Opkara
Alvan Ikoku
Prof Chinua Achebe

They should not miss this second opportunity to have another great Igbo man like Peter Obi this time because of tribalism, Peter Obi will make Nigerians become proud of being Nigerians, and will reposition Nigeria for greatness.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by Mikelarteta(m): 6:04am On May 26, 2022
Why this guy just Dey jump around anyhow naa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by MrMcJay(m): 6:04am On May 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Only credible and acceptable option left is Atiku ... It's a pity indeed

Atiku? Credible? Maybe another Atiku, not Abubakar.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:05am On May 26, 2022
KingKO22:
Peter Obi is a coward, shameless and a man with zero integrity . from APGA to PDP to where now

His miscreants supporters are the most pathetic dimwits ever to engage online.

Reno has said it all.

If Obi witness half of what Tinubu has faces and overcomed in politics he would have decamped to over 20 political parties by now.

Respect to Tinubu for maintaining only a political structure since inception. He is truly a leader with principles not all this baby desperate politicians
The next few days we will see if you will still maintain the last paragraph for Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP by nurex01(m): 6:05am On May 26, 2022
Like For Peter Obi
Share for Tinubu

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'unconfirmed Ministerial Nominee': Shehu Sani Mocks Imp, Religious Extremist / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Suspected Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe Arrested, Two Dead (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.