Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? (11129 Views)

Photo: A Witch Bird Turns Human Being@ Oshodi. / Food Seller Goes Mad, Removes Clothes After Confessing To Using Mortuary Water T / Have You Ever Witnessed A Person Turning Into A Animal/yam Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by whobemumu(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
i guess the real word u are looking for is winshhhhhh
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by kizito96(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
My house girl confessed a lot that i will not feel comfortable writing it down.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Galaxy7: 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
grin grin Does the so called witch give money?if yes please those of you who are members should kindly help and show me the way
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by deadie(m): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
I will probably rank Nigerians due to their religious and superstitious believes as the most ignorant people on planet earth.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Imagine if Europeans are obsessed with witches and wizards like Africans do, will there be things like Aeroplane, mobile technology, Dementia diagnosis, antibiotics, ( list is endless)? Our minds are too lazy to think about how to find solutions to our problems, so we try find an easy solution ( witchcraft diagnosis) to our problems.
If scientists that discovered the vaccines for smallpox, measles, polio,rubella, etc. thought like witch believers did, most of us won't be here today.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Galaxy7: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
All hail Naira land!!!!!!,i visited a girl who is closely related to me last moth in her school,bought her a loaf of bread and lacasera drink
After some days,she sent me a text,her text read {you did not try better way,Jesus arrest}
I called her so many times to tell her i did not understand her text but she ignored me,i sent her a 200 airtime to enable her clarify me but all to no avail.

After some days,she sent me back the air time with another message attached{Congratulations,sending me airtime is not the way}
I called her so many times to know what the problem is all about but she ignored my calls and send a 3rd message
[Who can withstand the judgment day of the lord when set,please don't try my line again}

After the 3rd message, she called and said,so u claim you did not know what you did?don't wary, you will soon know.
i became so embarrassed but the problem was that each time my number comes to her screen, she would quickly off her phone for the day.
some days latter,one of my brother living in Onitcha called me and told me that the girl said I am tormenting her life spiritually

my question to those of you who believe it's real is can one belong unknowingly?
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by tpia5: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2011
a witch is confessing right now in religion section.

anyone want to go check him/her out there?
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by ibukunobi: 12:16am On Aug 26, 2011
@jettage
I am just so dissapointed at the comments from jettage.
He clearly shows he is a typical Nigerian
You see, there is something wrong with our brought up in this country, and I think, culture, poverty, religion attachments, pastors who deceive to gain prominence, weather really took a larger part of our problem.
Infact education can never solve the kind of problem pple like jettage has.
During the time of saul, i was made to understand how the devil works, the devil can take ownership of the appearance of a person and use it elsewhere or make pple feel the dead person reapears. we have to be careful in our interpretation of such situations. It is not the person in question that was actually a witch, there could be some supernatural power interfeering unknowingly.This because the bible confirms that satan is the God if this system of things because he was hurled down to the earth. Rev;12 7-12.
But the book of jude read it to verse 10, there says some pple has slipped in to Gods congregation taking the undeserved kindness of our God as an excuse for loose conduct, we are warned to beware. These pple are the common pastors today who exploits the weakness of their members as an opportunity to initiate false testimony just to deceive their members that someone has witch craft. we are warned to desist from false pple like that.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by tpia5: 12:23am On Aug 26, 2011
jettage speaks the truth, but what many dont know is the actual rationale behind these things, as well as the means of operation.

truth is actually stranger, or more banal than fiction.

but trust in Jesus and he will deliver you from the law of sin and death.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by ibukunobi: 12:33am On Aug 26, 2011
am too refined to be deceived by you and your jettage
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by tpia5: 12:34am On Aug 26, 2011
^^my post was a general one, so reduce your swollen head a little bit.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by aikuda(m): 12:57am On Aug 26, 2011
I have witnessed someone confessed before in Nigeria of doing horrible thing including killing her own child. I had my doubt then but I was still afraid of her. Today, I can say I possess a little understanding of how some people can claim to do things they didn't do or claim to see thing that are not there.

I honestly can't say if witches exist or not, but I have always wondered how a a ten yrs old girl can actually possess the power to kill her parents, cause natural disasters, and cause great sicknesses to befall her siblings. I believe God will not allow any human being to have that kind of power. It just doesn't make sense.

The last time I argued with a group of classmates in high school that there is nothing like witch craft, I ended being 'pressed' that night. Could it be that there was a witch among those I was arguing with? Or is it just my mind playing tricks on me?
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by ceasyc(f): 2:37am On Aug 26, 2011
yes i have witnessed too many people confess because i come from d royal/traditional family. i cant tell/state all here
meetings + summons r done in some traditional leaders homes weekly where pple come for all sorts of disputes n all sorts of shyt e.g. land issues, family issues, witchcraft, money issues, divorce, infidelity/adultery, etc

like a court of law but a traditional one. u hear dem confess n it scares d shyt out of u. then u start suspecting almost every1. i wont b surprised if some of dem nollywood witchcraft stories/movies are for real or pples real life's experiences but some r too bad dat u wonder y come to dis world in d 1st place with all dem atrocities, oppression, suffering, etc. these day i even hear pple saying " i am a witch but i dont kill or eat pple, mine is for d greater good". smhhhhhhhh

d youngest i have seen confess was 3 or 4 years old girl who was very shy n quiet but on confession day, u wont bliv it was d same quiet person talking like a talk active. i dey fly fly fly for night, i do dis i do dat i did dis i did dat. i was like wtf! = phewwwwwwwwwww. boys n men confess too

d oldest that i have seen confess was a grand mother - dont no d age. i dont no if it is mental illness or disorder but dey were not forced to say anything or beaten or anything like dat. 4king SCARY + SEEMS REAL especially when the atrocities dey claim dey've committed r confirmed. = good heavens!

my childhood friend told me in dec 2010 after i heard d brutal killing of her 1st n only child by a house help. my friend had to go to lag or somewhere regarding work so she gave her little boy to her mom until she returns but her ma's house help was told to look after d child when she went out 4 a short while.

on getting back, d house help say im no see d baby. dey all started looking 4 d child for hours until dey saw his lifeless body under d bed. she said d house help said she is a witch n she was told to kill 4 pple 4 so n so reasons so d child came handy. i felt so sorry 4 my friend = horrendous!

witchcraft real or not? = i cant say yes + i cant say no cos i've seen n heard too many 4king shyt = LORD HELP US
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:04am On Aug 26, 2011
So if an old lady claims to have supernatural powers or to have killed people you'll instantly believe that she's a witch? What if it was a young guy, would you still believe? Now what if the young guy was claiming something else like he was the Obong of Calabar, would you believe him? Would you believe if he told you that he was Isaiah or Mohammed or Jesus?

Why is it so hard for Nigerians to accept that just because someone says something, doesn't mean its true regardless if if that person believes it. Haven't you people heard of mental illness before? Why are so many of us so happy to revel in ignorance and superstition? Why are so many of us so proud of being backward? I wish I could believe that Nigerians are a great people but the evidence shows that the majority of us are really, really dûmb.I could believe that Nigerians are a great people but the evidence shows that the majority of us are really, really dûmb.hy are so many of us so happy to revel in ignorance and superstition? Why are so many of us so proud of being backward? I wish I could believe that Nigerians are a great people but the evidence shows that the majority of us are really, really dûmb.I could believe that Nigerians are a great people but the evidence shows that the majority of us are really, really dûmb.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by lindabon: 3:34am On Aug 26, 2011
SMH! well what can I say; either "What ever you believe works for you" or "What you don't know cant kill you"
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by aikuda(m): 3:36am On Aug 26, 2011
@Evil Brain,
You seem like a perfect testatment to what you are accusing the majority if Nigerians of.

I don't believe  in witchcraft, but just because someone else does does not mean they are dumb. Come to think of it the only reason I don't believe witchcraft is because it cannot be empically verified. But What evidence do you have to prove the inexistence of witchcraft?

Make your opinion known and stop calling majority of Nigerians Dumb. Its actually a dumb thing to do!
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 26, 2011
lindabon:

SMH! well what can I say; either "What ever you believe works for you" or "What you don't know cant kill you"

I'm in Coventry 2, where are u? wink wink wink
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by lindabon: 3:49am On Aug 26, 2011
obo_man:

I'm in Coventry 2, where are u?  wink wink wink

Oh, that's cool. stay @ Coundon.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by olsmade(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2011
cant say witches/wizards exist or not; what i will say is that most 'cases' of confession that we see or hear about are of people with delusions - they've lost touch with reality due to a mental illness. Africa magic doesnt really help much with a lot of fetish programs; I beg of you, next time you see a 'witch / wizard', urge people around to seek psychiatric evaluation for him/her before having him/her stoned to death. More often than not, these people are innocent of all they profess
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by jayron(m): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2011
I will say yes, this very one involved a popular YORUBA & ENGLISH soap opera artiste. She and her senior sister were touched by Holy spirit in our church.

That very night, their father was made chairman of the occasion. When they were touched by holy ghost they spoke GOOD ENGLISH, we were all confused cos b4 that time she hardly speak good english.

Now she is now a celebrity in Nollywood.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2011
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Pysam(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2011
I didnot want to comment on this post untill i saw hw silly nd naive pple can be. now listen i don't care who u re where u reside or hangout or even your education back ground.if u re naive abt witches it really shows hw unspiritual u re .if the devil,demons re real witches re real i hate it when u deny the truth because u re scared of pple opposing u.witch re every where.if the bible says that THE SIN OF STUBORNNESS IS SAME AS THE SIN OF WITCHCRAFT.hw silly ll u be to say witches re nt real listen if u donot know what to say be silent.witches re nt old pple or young ugly pple.they re to be helped when they confess nd re willing to change by giving their live to christ.london nonsensense.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2011
lindabon:

Oh, that's cool. stay @ Coundon.

oh ok, that's cool. Mind sending me an email? My email addy is on my profile, then we take it from there, wink wink wink wink, lol. lipsrsealed
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by atasteve: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2011
What is wrong with Nigerians and witches? what the heck is wrong with u people? Thanks God am in London!!

My brother, there is no space and time in the spirit realm. Fetish means have been used to perpetuate evils across the ocean before!!!

It is only Jesus that can guide and guard.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by tpia5: 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
The nature of what they do predisposes them to mental problems, but often times they dont know when they've crossed that line and become mad, because their actions mimic insanity even when they're still sane.

Jesus is the only solution to this problem.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by erico2k2(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2011
lol guys here are trying to potray civilsed ideology, simple as ABC There are Witches and Wizards out there everywhere in the world,what they do with thier power is what people use in judging them,even here in the UK we have witches and wizzards, just cos they dont kill thier kids or eat their relatives dont mean they dont exist.
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by beanos(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2011
What is wrong with Nigerians
and witches? what the heck is
wrong with u people? Thanks
God am in London!! (EAST OR WEST, NORTH OR SOUTH. NO PLACE LIKE HOME)
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
erico2k2:

lol guys here are trying to potray civilsed ideology, simple as ABC There are Witches and Wizards out there everywhere in the world,what they do with thier power is what people use in judging them,even here in the UK we have witches and wizzards, just cos they dont kill thier kids or eat their relatives dont mean they dont exist.
You are talking of Psychics! Have you ever seen them really having those attributes attached to witches and wizards. You are watching a lot of Harry Porters man!
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by kpolli(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
I pity all of u, ignorance can kill

Been there, not a site to enjoy

Keep saying they r no witches. . . I choose to bliv, u chose not to undecided
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
^^^^
But, you couldn't prove it! So, that's ignorance to me!
Re: Ever Witnessed A Witch Confessing? by erico2k2(m): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2011
all4naija:

You are talking of Psychics! Have you ever seen them really having those attributes attached to witches and wizards. You are watching a lot of Harry Porters man!
lol guy you are funny, wake up, have you read the Bible lately? and where in my earlier post did I make mentiion to Physics,I did Mech Engin 1999 so I should know loads of physics,the thing is,once the words Witchcraft is mentioned, we all jump into conclusion of broomsticks and people flying,witchcraft is a spiritual things(people who have or where given the powers to free thier spirits at will) and meet in a spirit relms(coven) they can do and undo to those whome they could effect.This is true as well here in the UK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maps Of Kingdoms, Peoples, States, And Cities In Africa Through Time / Traditional Igbo Music / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.