Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen (44662 Views)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by bepositive11: 1:16pm On May 28, 2022
You say that they are legit businesses, so gather evidence to support it

Do you have invoices? Emails with your clients? Business websites?

Gather all those evidence and prove to them that your businesses are legit

LagosNissan:
I tried transferring money from my GTB account only to get error messages.

I thought it was network or app issues.

I tried several times from then till next day but same response.

I tried buying airtime but it failed too.

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I tried UBA and Zenith too, similar restrictions yet no reason.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

I need suggestions please.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ojonugba2014(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2022
I Hope Crypto related transaction have not been made in your account oo

Like purchase of BTC, Eth or any Altcoins Shaaa.

If u have such transaction, by brother, there is ��� fire on the mountain ooo
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by VenumX: 1:17pm On May 28, 2022
Day light bank robbery.

Those top management bankers are not human beings.

Report them on twitter and tag CBN.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Born2conquer: 1:18pm On May 28, 2022
cedricksly:
It is your bvn that has been flagged which affected your account and it will affect every single thing bvn is used for even nin, as it is now you can't even open account with that your bvn etc... You have to sort out the issue very fast before bvn blacklisting is the worse thing that can happen to anybody in Nigeria, Trust me I'm speaking from experience
Can it be lifted? BVN blacklisting
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:18pm On May 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
Did you use your account to defraud anybody or engage in illegal business ? Check and be prepared for Police arrest plus court case or reach out to the person you scammed his money and find a way to refund the person and settle with the Police division where he petitioned your account from via court order!

Check yourself, there is someone that accused you of defrauding him or her and you refused to settle with the person.

Say no to scam !

I can't think of any bro.

Or could it be bitcoins?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by felixawe(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2022
sholatech:
Best to go with a sound prepared lawyer when going to the bank.

Hiring lawyer is money shocked

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by dadavivo: 1:19pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

What ever you want to do, make sure you are not going to the bank without a lawyer. They will grab you and lock you up in seconds. And if you haven't been to Abuja, well, this might be your first time.

8 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by onyekabe(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2022
Sweetplum:
Choi. You need to get a lawyer involved. Try and recall any transaction that may warrant the freezing. How much you dey transfer too?
Also, did anyone use your account to send money or receive money?
Just carry lawyer, trustee like 3 go the bank.
What will be his faith if someone use his account to collect money from Yahoo yahoo
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Awoleesu(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

*What's your cash/credit inflow like? Are they huge?

*If huge, can you truthfully defend the source(s)?

*In what currency is your account(s) denominated?

In any case, like some have advised, seek legal help before you appear in bank...and be ready to part with some of your "legit" money.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:22pm On May 28, 2022
cedricksly:
It is your bvn that has been flagged which affected your account and it will affect every single thing bvn is used for even nin, as it is now you can't even open account with that your bvn etc... You have to sort out the issue very fast before bvn blacklisting is the worse thing that can happen to anybody in Nigeria, Trust me I'm speaking from experience

Are u serious?

What could possibly lead to such flagging?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Fcwilly: 1:22pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Nothing of such

Hope you are not involved in dollars/ PTA racket??
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by uksim: 1:23pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 28, 2022
First of all print your account from home, have a detailed scrutiny of your previous transactions over the past 6 months.. Circle anything fishy or not done by you then prepare to go to the bank.. As far as you are not involved in anything shady nothing do you... But hint your lawyer in advance... Might be a mix-up or you are hiding something...
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Segzy19: 1:24pm On May 28, 2022
Whether your hands are clean or not, please don't go to the bank unaccompanied.

Better go with a lawyer.... Nigerian banks and police can be funny as usual. You don't want to be explaining your innocence behind bars

6 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by myrates: 1:25pm On May 28, 2022
Talk to your lawyers immediately, there's definitely an issue
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by xtervaganza(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2022
AroOkigbo:
Clear conscience and clean hands?
Simply vsit any branch, bro.
in Nigeria? Even wetin your hand no de dem fit rope you
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by gungab(m): 1:27pm On May 28, 2022
obembet:

They can't ban all the account cos of crypto now

Exactly, if buyer put crypto as narration is best to refund it immediately.

Pls any lawyer here, I will like to have one
I don't know how.
Not that I need their service now.
I am registered with CAC
If you are a lawyer hit me up
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:27pm On May 28, 2022
dmostcheerful:

Earlier this year I suffered same thing.
Mine was even worst, I had 3.9million someone sent me for Paypal funds in the account.
My saving grace was my account officer, she was my classmate.
She told me the particular transaction that triggered the lock.
I went to the police and made a statement cause the transaction was even suspicious when it happened.
I went next day with a lawyer to the bank I was arrested but was released same day cause I was heavily pregnant and had my evidence handy.
The only thing I was told was to come every morning to the station for question and for me to help the investigation.
Unfortunately, someone came and asked me my rate for Bitcoin, I told him.
He asked for my account I gave him, he sent me money not knowing he used my account to collect kidnap ransom.

Kidnap ransom?

Are you serious?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cherryCola: 1:27pm On May 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Talk to lawyer Bawo. All u sumol boys and girls sef. shior.
Just send dem email first and follow up with ur account officer. If OP no be thief and internet fraudster, e no get problem.

U see those 3 new anti money laundering laws Buhari signed last week. na hin go kill all dis useless lazy yoots wey dey call stealing online [b]and yeye crypto ponzi business. [/b]Shioor.
Awon ole ole , awon thiefy thiefy lazy yoots oshiangry

E-diot !, because you loose money in crypto does not make it a ponzi scheme

6 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by acorntree(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
Slynation:
Yea they don't need to stress themselves naw... Because they know you must visit any of your branch one day unless you want to forfeit the entire money connected to your bank

I'm 99% sure is fraud related. He must have gotten himself in fraudulent activities before his bvn was flagged not all these crypto nonsense. They will only come here to tell cock and bull stories of how innocent they are. I can bet it he won't come back here. Too many youth are into scamming, frauds and calling it smartness

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Dearlord(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
If your hand is soiled you better run, but if it is crystal you should walk into the Bank like the Bank Mg.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Asianjollof007: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
It must be crypto related

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Hezzyluv: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
Okortor:
If your hands are clean, then go to the bank n Inquire but if not, just go with a lawyer, same restrictions was placed on my account some weeks back, I just smiled as a finance manager I am, I drove immediately to the bank and went straight to see the branch manager,

They checked and confirmed I got an inflow of certain amount some months back which happened to be a fraudulent Transfer, quickly I recalled and it was a certain lady, I tricked her in meeting me then handed her over to the police. Issue got resolved in couple of days n lien was lifted on my account.

Lesson: never accept any transfers in from unknown persons except you Know it's a relative but my advice is don't accept any kind of transfer from anyone. Relatives can also be involved in fraud.

All d best bro.

What's up with people like us doing POS business accepting transfer upanda??
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by mooojy: 1:33pm On May 28, 2022
cedricksly:
then you might have received a third party payment from someone who might want to purchase something from you and pays you with an account not in their name.. He might be defrauding the person and uses your account to receive funds while you send him the product he bought from you....... This is the main reason I do not accept third party payment of any sort in my business
This is exactly what happened to me bro. Someone I trusted as a business partner used my account to collect money to get them materials for a gas company.
My account was frozen, went to the bank to Lodge complaints. In short,from Bank to Police Station and from station to court and from court to Prison. In fact, just got off the hook.
My advice to Op, he shouldn't go to the bank first, he should engage his lawyer to do the job for him, going there alone will spell doom for him.

8 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nigerialabalaba: 1:34pm On May 28, 2022
cherryCola:

E-diot !, you loose money in crypto does not make it a ponzi scheme
No be me go carry my money go give crypto ponzi. shiorr

I dodge am to let am pass to suckers like u. If u dey do crypto ponzi, den u be suegbe and plain stupid . if u dey young ehn, ur old age u go suffer!

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Alusiizizi(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Like Bitcoin transaction on one bank account, will lead to ban on all other accounts of other banks via bvn?

Absolutely. Now you know the reason for the insistence on NIN linkage. It was never about tracking terrorists or yahoo boys but about government trying to grab power that no government should have, not especially this sort of government. Trust me, it will not end here, soon they will be coming after legitimate online freelancers, insisting that they should be paying one tax or another.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by nedekid: 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

If you know you have not commited, why not go to the bank?
Besides if you are really wanted by a serious law enforcement agency, thay would have gotten to you by now at home or work. That is unless you used fake details to open the acct.
I don't think it is a big deal for now.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by kozmokaz(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
Cutehector:
you excluded the part where you benefitted from momo fraud.. Nigerians smh

What’s mo fraud pls
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by franchasofficia: 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

I can't think of any bro.

Or could it be bitcoins?
Your account cannot be frozen because of crypto trading.

The likely issue is this;

You transacted with a fraudulent person who used your account to give to someone he wanted to scam to pay him through your account and then he used the money to buy btc from you. Now the victim he scammed have realized its a scam and petitioned your account that was used to scam him and the only way to resolve it is for you to visit your bank, which you will be locked in by bank security and nearest Police station alerted to come pick you up.

From the nearest Police to the bank you visited where you are detained, they will alert the Police division that petitioned the bank to come and pick you up because the bank will print out a copy of the petition and the originating Police division's contact which they will hand over to the nearest Police station they took you to.

It is only when you get to the Police division that petitioned your bank that your alleged crime will be revealed to you.

So get your lawyer ready. In fact go with your lawyer, a mature experienced lawyer who has handled fraud or money laundering related case to go to your bank branch with you. Let all your helpline be on standby before you go if you are sure your hands are purely clean.

Eat well, dress well, wear good underpants, have some physical cash with you and if you have any health issue go with your medications while going to your bank branch to report the issue but be assured that you will be handed over to the Police from your bank.

It could also be that someone that bought btc from you hacked someone's account and moved the naira to your account and used it to buy btc from you and now the account owner have realized and have reported to law enforcement agents who want you to come clear yourself.

Like I said, get your legal team ready before you visit your bank and please try and visit your bank and get it resolved unless you know you scammed someone intentionally, and if you did, kindly refund the victim and have your freedom

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Chriswazo(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
dmostcheerful:

Earlier this year I suffered same thing.
Mine was even worst, I had 3.9million someone sent me for Paypal funds in the account.
My saving grace was my account officer, she was my classmate.
She told me the particular transaction that triggered the lock.
I went to the police and made a statement cause the transaction was even suspicious when it happened.
I went next day with a lawyer to the bank I was arrested but was released same day cause I was heavily pregnant and had my evidence handy.
The only thing I was told was to come every morning to the station for question and for me to help the investigation.
Unfortunately, someone came and asked me my rate for Bitcoin, I told him.
He asked for my account I gave him, he sent me money not knowing he used my account to collect kidnap ransom.

This ur narration sef

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by maasoap(m): 1:37pm On May 28, 2022
Tokskob2008:
If you have done nothing shady with one of those accounts then you don't have anything to fear, just walk into the bank and sort it out. It might be a mistaken identity or something since you said you are clean.

Well, I have seen someone get arrested in the banking hall only to be told that someone sent part of money made through scam to his account. My man, he spent a lot of money to exonerate himself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.