Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen (44883 Views)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:37pm On May 28, 2022
bolousadex:
Even if you run to under the rock. Anywhere in the world, the law enforcement agencies have the right to write to the bank to freeze your account when you are under investigation...una too dey spoil nigeria.

Not without letting you know who and why.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by nedekid: 1:37pm On May 28, 2022
dadavivo:

What ever you want to do, make sure you are not going to the bank without a lawyer. They will grab you and lock you up in seconds. And if you haven't been to Abuja, well, this might be your first time.
grin
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by joskab4sure: 1:37pm On May 28, 2022
Hello sir, check and ask yourself if you have oustanding loans from any bank or if fraud pass through any of your account. I believe that your BVN has been blacklisted . But if you assure of yourself go to any of your bank to complain
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cherryCola: 1:38pm On May 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

No be me go carry my money go give crypto ponzi. shiorr

I dodge am to let am pass to suckers like u. If u dey do crypto ponzi, den u be suegbe and plain stupid . if u dey young ehn, ur old age u go suffer!

I don't argue with people that doesn't know the meaning of crypto or how it works.
So oga carry your stupidity couple with ignorance and face front lipsrsealed .

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Hezzyluv: 1:38pm On May 28, 2022
Zjat1:
First of all print your account from home, have a detailed scrutiny of your previous transactions over the past 6 months.. Circle anything fishy or not done by you then prepare to go to the bank.. As far as you are not involved in anything shady nothing do you... But hint your lawyer in advance... Might be a mix-up or you are hiding something...

How him go take print the account statement when them don ban am

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Asianjollof007: 1:38pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

I can't think of any bro.
Or could it be bitcoins?

Bro, it's crypto related.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Obesity(m): 1:41pm On May 28, 2022
I don't think bank will just freeze your account without something wrong.

Things like these: receiving Crypto related funds with or using ur account as cash out for yahoo boys lipsrsealed

Think
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Marcofranz(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2022
Op there’s no cause for alarm! Few months ago a lien was placed on my Dom account, when I saw it immediately I went to the bank after checking the account the issue was sorted out.

So kindly visit the bank if you know you’re innocent.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by engrfaruq(m): 1:44pm On May 28, 2022
Rugaria:
They are using the BVN stuff the wrong way. Basically using it to hound lots sof citizens away from the banks. It's not a coincidence that the forex scarcity in the country, keeps increasing as EFCC continues with her lopsided and haphazard "fight" against Yahoo boys that is recklessly enforced with collateral damages like this one.. Lots of Nigerians are channeling funds that should have been directed to Nigerian banks to financial institutions elsewhere.

Most of the guys entrusted with the job of monitoring financial crimes are either stark illiterates in this areas or were recruited based on tribal grounds. Once they don't understand certain transactions, they will just blacklist everything. I guess this will increase as the general elections draw near and the ijiots in power they to muscle down their opponents. Time to start banking under your bed.

You're yearning gibberish, by saying the law enforcement agents don't know what they are doing... Illiteracy is relative you know, they could be illiterate in other areas, but they are professionals on their job, and you that doesn't know even jack as regards that job has no right to tag them illiterates.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by YeyeGbami: 1:47pm On May 28, 2022
cherryCola:

I don't argue with people that doesn't know the meaning of crypto or how it works.

Free that bad belle, you can see bitterness all over his posts.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Ideegee(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2022
A former colleague of mine once asked that I accompany him to his bank to sort out similar situation.

I asked what the matter was and he said he had up to N40k in his account but couldn't access it anymore, because it was restricted.

I asked him what he did and he said replied that he did nothing wrong.

As someone that has a little connection at the First Bank then, with all confidence and boldness, I marches with him to the branch. It was at motorways then, in Alausa.

Unknown to us, upon getting there, they had prepared a police officer somewhere to ferry him away to their station.

I knew the branch manager then and, she it was that made the police station arrangement.

With the 'culprit' closely behind me, I sauntered into her office, exchanged pleasantries and queries why my colleague's account was blocked.

She said I should ask him what he did, so that he, by himself would explain everything before she would even say anything at all.

I turned to the man behind me to ask what the matter was once more but it was a totally different man I saw.

The bravado and confidence he was brandishing earlier when he came to call me was totally gone. He was now looking like a kid caught red-handed with his hand in the cookie jar.

At that point I knew I had made a huge mistake following him that day.

I probably had followed a thief to the bank, won't they hold the two of us like this!...

I'm busy yet, I'll complete the story before the end of today, when I'm through with what I'm doing.

Meanwhile, OP please search your conscience very well o, so that you wouldn't go to embarrass whoever goes there with you, whether lawyer or not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Chriswazo(m): 1:48pm On May 28, 2022
LexusGS430

Baba come give ur take?? What do u think
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Lightorder: 1:48pm On May 28, 2022
AroOkigbo:
Clear conscience and clean hands?
Simply vsit any branch, bro.
sir , you have spoken well but nigeria institutions and system do not believe that anyone’ s conscience is clear. Let him hire a good and a practicing lawyer
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nigerialabalaba: 1:50pm On May 28, 2022
cherryCola:

if dem dey call stupid people, na u be dem chairman. Dat na why FT say na stupid black people full d retail side of crypto ponzi because d fraudulent promoters sabi say dem go believe anything. Ur own don cast.
I no blame u, na stolen money wey u no work for so u fit lose am. olodo oshi.
Ur aburo wey do luna slap ur face blind and shame no catch u, u come here dey form vandam. koshidanu joor!
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by colyno: 1:50pm On May 28, 2022
If your account is corporate
account you need to get scuml,this anti money laundry
certificate,I also had similar experience some months back get a lawyer to help you get a scuml certificate or go online to register its free. The moment you get the certificate take it back to you bank you account will be open immediately because the scuml certificate is also linked to your BVN,phone number and NIN. Do this and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Benjay85(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2022
This is the work of these online loan App.... Maybe he's owing them. That's what they do now, I'm also a victim.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by hobyner(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Nothing of such
Do you trade crypto?

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:51pm On May 28, 2022
nedekid:

If you know you have not commited, why not go to the bank?
Besides if you are really wanted by a serious law enforcement agency, thay would have gotten to you by now at home or work. That is unless you used fake details to open the acct.
I don't think it is a big deal for now.

I don't think they are searching for me seriously, otherwise they would have come to my house.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:53pm On May 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
Your account cannot be frozen because of crypto trading.

The likely issue is this;

You transacted with a fraudulent person who used your account to give to someone he wanted to scam to pay him through your account and then he used the money to buy btc from you. Now the victim he scammed have realized its a scam and petitioned your account that was used to scam him and the only way to resolve it is for you to visit your bank, which you will be locked in by bank security and nearest Police station alerted to come pick you up.

From the nearest Police to the bank you visited where you are detained, they will alert the Police division that petitioned the bank to come and pick you up because the bank will print out a copy of the petition and the originating Police division's contact which they will hand over to the nearest Police station they took you to.

It is only when you get to the Police division that petitioned your bank that your alleged crime will be revealed to you.

So get your lawyer ready. In fact go with your lawyer, a mature experienced lawyer who has handled fraud or money laundering related case to go to your bank branch with you. Let all your helpline be on standby before you go if you are sure your hands are purely clean.

Eat well, dress well, wear good underpants, have some physical cash with you and if you have any health issue go with your medications while going to your bank branch to report the issue but be assured that you will be handed over to the Police from your bank.

It could also be that someone that bought btc from you hacked someone's account and moved the naira to your account and used it to buy btc from you and now the account owner have realized and have reported to law enforcement agents who want you to come clear yourself.

Like I said, get your legal team ready before you visit your bank and please try and visit your bank and get it resolved unless you know you scammed someone intentionally, and if you did, kindly refund the victim and have your freedom

Is there a way to discover what the issue is before going to the bank?

Do you think the bank is aware of the issue?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by faceland: 1:53pm On May 28, 2022
If you didn't do anything, just go to the bank and clear yourself.

If you have committed, don't near those banks. It might just be tax or a nosey person noticed you move millions monthly.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by mastermaestro(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2022
jagtinic:
The Nigeria we live in, someone goes to the police to report you either wrongly or rightly, the police gets a court order to restrict your account without inviting you to tell your side of the story. We live in a lawless society. This is not to say that many Nigerians behave well above standards. But the police can do better.

You asked a reasonable question. Shouldn't an account be frozen only after attempts have been made to contact a suspect without success? Or better still, suspend the account and request his presence immediately?

Everything here is sorely underdeveloped.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by charlesdinho7(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2022
if your online businesses are legit, why are you scared of being arrested? see local yahoo boy de form holy online

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:54pm On May 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
Your account cannot be frozen because of crypto trading.

The likely issue is this;

You transacted with a fraudulent person who used your account to give to someone he wanted to scam to pay him through your account and then he used the money to buy btc from you. Now the victim he scammed have realized its a scam and petitioned your account that was used to scam him and the only way to resolve it is for you to visit your bank, which you will be locked in by bank security and nearest Police station alerted to come pick you up.

From the nearest Police to the bank you visited where you are detained, they will alert the Police division that petitioned the bank to come and pick you up because the bank will print out a copy of the petition and the originating Police division's contact which they will hand over to the nearest Police station they took you to.

It is only when you get to the Police division that petitioned your bank that your alleged crime will be revealed to you.

So get your lawyer ready. In fact go with your lawyer, a mature experienced lawyer who has handled fraud or money laundering related case to go to your bank branch with you. Let all your helpline be on standby before you go if you are sure your hands are purely clean.

Eat well, dress well, wear good underpants, have some physical cash with you and if you have any health issue go with your medications while going to your bank branch to report the issue but be assured that you will be handed over to the Police from your bank.

It could also be that someone that bought btc from you hacked someone's account and moved the naira to your account and used it to buy btc from you and now the account owner have realized and have reported to law enforcement agents who want you to come clear yourself.

Like I said, get your legal team ready before you visit your bank and please try and visit your bank and get it resolved unless you know you scammed someone intentionally, and if you did, kindly refund the victim and have your freedom

But would such scenarios painted lead to flagging 4 banks?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Gips: 1:55pm On May 28, 2022
[quote author=LagosNissan post=113225400]I tried transferring money from my GTB account only to get error messages.

I thought it was network or app issues.

I tried several times from then till next day but same response.

I tried buying airtime but it failed too.

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I tried UBA and Zenith too, similar restrictions yet no reason.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

I need suggestions please.

Try Using your Betting Platform (Betnija or sportybet) to withdraw from your acct...
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cherryCola: 1:56pm On May 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

if dem dey call stupid people, na u be dem chairman. Dat na why FT say na stupid black people full d retail side of crypto ponzi because d fraudulent promoters sabi say dem go believe anything. Ur own don cast.
I no blame u, na stolen money wey u no work for so u fit lose am. olodo oshi.
Ur aburo wey do luna slap ur face blind and shame no catch u, u come here dey form vandam. koshidanu joor!

Broke entity.
Crypto made me a millionaire at the age of 19 tongue .

I can see that you have loose money in online business till you now develop this natural hatred for those that are hitting it big.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2022
obembet:

They can't ban all the account cos of crypto now

They can O! They have closed many accounts like that to the best of my knowledge.

This crypto business is by God's grace.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/finance/nigeria-shutting-down-all-cryptocurrency-accounts

cc: Afam4eva

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 1:59pm On May 28, 2022
colyno:
If your account is corporate
account you need to get scuml,this anti money laundry
certificate,I also had similar experience some months back get a lawyer to help you get a scuml certificate or go online to register its free. The moment you get the certificate take it back to you bank you account will be open immediately because the scuml certificate is also linked to your BVN,phone number and NIN. Do this and thank me later.

With the corporate account issue lead to blocking 4 different banks including savings accounts?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by franchasofficia: 2:00pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Is there a way to discover what the issue is before going to the bank?

Do you think the bank is aware of the issue?
The bank is aware but no bank staff will reveal such information to you unless the staff is your wife, husband, sibling or a close friend. Don't even go pressuring your account officer cos he or she won't reveal such to you.

But the bank won't know much about the issue, but they will only know that its a financial crime like money laundering or obtaining money by tricks allegation through the court order the Police division submitted to the bank.

Your case must be a big financial crime case for your bvn to be completely blacklisted and not just one of your account.

The only way to resolve it is to visit your bank like I said but be prepared for an arrest and to clear yourself of the allegations using proofs.

But before you do, check yourself very well, there must be an unresolved financial fraud allegation from one or two of your clients in the past or of recent.

This very action didn't happen yesterday. The petition must have been filed weeks or months back and just got approved the day you noticed that your accounts are restricted.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 2:02pm On May 28, 2022
mooojy:

This is exactly what happened to me bro. Someone I trusted as a business partner used my account to collect money to get them materials for a gas company.
My account was frozen, went to the bank to Lodge complaints. In short,from Bank to Police Station and from station to court and from court to Prison. In fact, just got off the hook.
My advice to Op, he shouldn't go to the bank first, he should engage his lawyer to do the job for him, going there alone will spell doom for him.

Please, could you give more details and how you handled it?

What offence were you charged with?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2022
Tell us your legit business
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 2:04pm On May 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
The bank is aware but no bank staff will reveal such information to you unless the staff is your wife, husband, sibling or a close friend. Don't even go pressuring your account officer cos he or she won't reveal such to you.

But the bank won't know much about the issue, but they will only know that its a financial crime like money laundering or obtaining money by tricks allegation through the court order the Police division submitted to the bank.

Your case must be a big financial crime case for your bvn to be completely blacklisted and not just one of your account.

The only way to resolve it is to visit your bank like I said but be prepared for an arrest and to clear yourself of the allegations using proofs.

But before you do, check yourself very well, there must be an unresolved financial fraud allegation from one or two of your clients in the past or of recent.

This very action didn't happen yesterday. The petition must have been filed weeks or months back and just got approved the day you noticed that your accounts are restricted.

The account officer didn't say anything concrete.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On May 28, 2022
Chriswazo:
LexusGS430

Baba come give ur take?? What do u think

He should tell us the people paying money into his account.........

He must have collected money from someone (maybe Rochas okorocha)......... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do Not Fall For These Scam!!!! ( Screen Shots) / Naira Swap: Customers Cook And Eat Noodle At GTBank In Aba (Video, Pictures) / 3 Unique Businesses You Can Start From Home With Very Little Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.