Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen (44788 Views)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by xristos(m): 12:44pm On May 28, 2022
too bad
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ivolt: 12:44pm On May 28, 2022
You have received stolen funds.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Calibrator: 12:44pm On May 28, 2022
Bitcoin cheesy
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Rawtruth1: 12:45pm On May 28, 2022
Related to fraudulent practices?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by underpinna: 12:45pm On May 28, 2022
angry
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by enchy: 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by SarkinYarki: 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
Your entire BVN has been flagged ...what kind of business do you do with the account

6 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nigerialabalaba: 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
maclatunji:

Talk to your lawyer to help you engage with the banks. Smells like some sort of trouble.
Talk to lawyer Bawo. All u sumol boys and girls sef. shior.
Just send dem email first and follow up with ur account officer. If OP no be thief and internet fraudster, e no get problem.

U see those 3 new anti money laundering laws Buhari signed last week. na hin go kill all dis useless lazy yoots wey dey call stealing online and yeye crypto ponzi business. Shioor.
Awon ole ole , awon thiefy thiefy lazy yoots oshiangry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Wallade(m): 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
Do you do bitcoin and crypto currency transactions on your accounts?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by callthefred: 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
From my experience two things could be the reason...I've had such experiences before ..the banks do not have right to close your account unless by a court order but security agencies are always overzealous and overreaching that they threaten banks

First your lawyer needs to write and request the bank order the bank got. To their head office. Once the bank hears that you requested the court order and they do not have one they will immediately beg you...same thing they did with me. But if there's a court order, then you will need to vacate it by another court order.

However, don't go to the bank o. They will arrest you. This is why you need to relationship with your account officer so they can update you even though it's u ethical. If you're good to them they will tell you some levels of the truth.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cedricksly: 12:46pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Nothing of such
then you might have received a third party payment from someone who might want to purchase something from you and pays you with an account not in their name.. He might be defrauding the person and uses your account to receive funds while you send him the product he bought from you....... This is the main reason I do not accept third party payment of any sort in my business

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by BabaIbo: 12:47pm On May 28, 2022
It may be you used one of the account for crypto and they felt you're a fraudster because fraudsters have made crypto trading a money laundering OR cleaning or washing avenue.

Or did you transact above the limit of one of your account?

And lastly, someone may have used another person's account to send money to you. You know what that means?

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by debossng: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
Crypto transaction matters
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Lekan6ix: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
If you're in Abuja, kindly contact me
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by fisayodayo: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
Same here with a fine of 5M, over 20M frozen. Although, it was because of Bitcoin related issues.
My friend, if you go to that bank be careful if not you will be handed over to EFCC. I speak reality, you're safe if it's not btc related. I was even threatened by the bank manager last year because I wanted to transfer 8M from my account. I wish you well, get a lawyer standby to avoid harrasment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Mrsoft3(m): 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:
I tried transferring money from my GTB account only to get error messages.

I thought it was network or app issues.

I tried several times from then till next day but same response.

I tried buying airtime but it failed too.

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I tried UBA and Zenith too, similar restrictions yet no reason.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

I need suggestions please.

Get a lawyer asap, go with him to the bank

Do you have any issue with anyone regarding business dispute or money dispute?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nigerialabalaba: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
callthefred:
From my experience two things could be the reason...I've had such experiences before ..the banks do not have right to close your account unless by a court order but security agencies are always overzealous and overreaching that they threaten banks

First your lawyer needs to write and request the bank order the bank got. To their head office. Once the bank hears that you requested the court order and they do not have one they will immediately beg you...same thing they did with me. But if there's a court order, then you will need to vacate it by another court order.

However, don't go to the bank o. They will arrest you. This is why you need to relationship with your account officer so they can update you even though it's u ethical. If you're good to them they will tell you some levels of the truth.
Na old law u dey quote. All d yeye loopholes don dey addressed by serious laws wey don dey now!

If u do fraud with account now, na so sey u and ur money dey go. ur own don cast.

The locust useless gej era wey fraudsters and criminals and terrorists dey use proceeds of crime dey fight FG don end o.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/buhari-signs-3-anti-money-laundering-bills-into-law/amp/

If OP dey into crime, e don cast be dat. Gbabesky!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Okortor: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
If your hands are clean, then go to the bank n Inquire but if not, just go with a lawyer, same restrictions was placed on my account some weeks back, I just smiled as a finance manager I am, I drove immediately to the bank and went straight to see the branch manager,

They checked and confirmed I got an inflow of certain amount some months back which happened to be a fraudulent Transfer, quickly I recalled and it was a certain lady, I tricked her in meeting me then handed her over to the police. Issue got resolved in couple of days n lien was lifted on my account.

Lesson: never accept any transfers in from unknown persons except you Know it's a relative but my advice is don't accept any kind of transfer from anyone. Relatives can also be involved in fraud.

All d best bro.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cedricksly: 12:48pm On May 28, 2022
It is your bvn that has been flagged which affected your account and it will affect every single thing bvn is used for even nin, as it is now you can't even open account with that your bvn etc... You have to sort out the issue very fast before bvn blacklisting is the worse thing that can happen to anybody in Nigeria, Trust me I'm speaking from experience

6 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by yinks77: 12:49pm On May 28, 2022
He might be owing loan sharks.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Slynation(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

visit the bank, but just have it at the back of your mind you will be arrested on sight on that day...so chop well before you go

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Did you buy any chance use your account to buy or sell crrypto?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ransomed: 12:49pm On May 28, 2022
Bushmeat is about to catch the hunter and make him vomit eaten games.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by autodevice(m): 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
Ok
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by franchasofficia: 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
chinavs9ja:
Hmmm...no fear, just go to your bank and clear yourself only if you are clean
Once he does, he will be arrested. He defrauded someone and the person have filed a case against him. Court granted the order via a Police division. Once he goes to his bank, they will lock him up and hand him over to nearest Police station and then notify the Police division that wrote the petition to come pick him up to go answer for whatever financial crime he committed using his bank account.

The reason will only be revealed to him at the Police station that wrote the petition.

5 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by lagosrd: 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
You will surely be arrested if you get to the bank. Bro did you do any online buz or transaction overing millions of naira illegally ? The issue here is that you need to be sincere to yourself, cos there is trouble already waiting for you but do not panick if you don't have any skeleton in your cupboard.

Before you go, go and get your scum certificate from efcc and proof of show that you're into legitimate business. (That is if you're into a legit one, cos you're have to prove it o them).

However, you might have carelessly received money locally from criminal minded persons directly from their account, transfered third-party who is on the wanted list of the law enforcement agents or someone reported you to the law enforcement agency if you have transaction deficit with them.

Prepare to spend some days in the with the law enforcers while the continue to do their job and get someone to bring you food and water and some money in your pocket.

The law enforcers will have to do their job of knowing the sources of the money in the account and you also have the right to prove your case. They will read the allegations to you and it's up to you to prove it asap. If the matter cannot be resolved in a week, you may have to be taken to court or refreed to SIB for further investigation.

Go back to all your AppS, download all your transactions and print them out before you set out. Reconcile the accounts, go with a SOUND lawyer and hope we see you back soon. Wish you the best

Let me quickly add, ensure you go early , I mean don't wait till the issue escalates beyond you and they declare you wanted. It will only worsen the situation. Once you didn't kill or receive money from kidnappers, you will come back sooner than expected.

But the day you present yourself, is the day that the investigation starts. Don't panick , go and present yourself especially to a more senior officer of the law enforcement.

Bye bro

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by bluefilm: 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

You must have done a bitcoin transaction.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by BabaIbo: 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
fisayodayo:
Same here with a fine of 5M, over 20M frozen. Although, it was because of Bitcoin related issues.
My friend, if you go to that bank be careful if not you will be handed over to EFCC. I speak reality, you're safe if it's not btc related. I was even threatened by the bank manager last year because I wanted to transfer 8M from my account. I wish you well, get a lawyer standby to avoid harrasment.

This is my fear whenever I want to link my account to any crypto trading platform OR stuff. Infact, that is the reason up till now I don't do crypto trading etc.

5 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cedricksly: 12:50pm On May 28, 2022
fisayodayo:
this might be fraud related. but your account being frozen because maybe u bought and sell bitcoin with the account, is not possible.. I have had 5 of my account closed and money in it given to me as opening balance on a new account, them no dey blacklist bvn for crypto issue, his bvn has been blacklisted

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 28, 2022
do u know one thing with defendants, they hardly ever tell the true situations of things to their lawyers, is only when arrested and detained new facts begin to emerge, which if said earlier the lawyer would have prepared a good case for it! Oga, u were frozen by law enforcement, it means u re wanted

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Tb222(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

O

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.oga talk true kate which legit business,it's either you helped in laundering money,or I duped someone or you are into kidnapping.

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by phemmyfour: 12:51pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

If your hand is clean, you don't need to worry about getting arrested

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria / Femi Otedola Spends Time With His Mother (Photos) / Bukar Bolori Dies At 92 In Saudi Arabia (Photos)

Viewing this topic: SYSTEM222

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.