Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term (31096 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Declare Herdsmen Terrorists - South-East Leaders To FG / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by AnonPoet: 4:33pm On May 27, 2022
Former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, in his consultations with South East Leaders, ahead of this weekend’s PDP Presidential Primaries, has reportedly said that he will only serve one term.

In his meetings with National Delegates and Leaders from the party on early Friday morning, the former Vice-President stated that he will only serve one term if elected Nigeria’s President in 2023, highlighting the fact that he was committed to an Igbo Presidency.

“The former Vice-President spoke like a true statesman. He understands that for there to be unity in the country, we need to include the South East in all political considerations. This is why we are proud that with our support, we can achieve an Igbo Presidency by 2027,” a high-ranking PDP Chieftain said.
Recall that in October 2018, following the selection of former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, the leadership of the party in the zone had, after the announcement of Obi, summoned an emergency meeting in Enugu, as several South East leaders had been offered the position.

With Peter Obi’s withdrawal from the PDP Presidential Primaries and resignation from the PDP, the former Vice-President has reportedly been meeting with South South and South East leaders to determine who he should select as his Vice-President.

In the last few weeks, he has held consultations with former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu; Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa; Akwa Ibom Governor, Udom Emmanuel; and former Senator, Ben Obi.

Atiku Offers 4 PDP Leaders Vice-Presidency

Former Vice-President and leading aspirant on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has reportedly met with 4 leaders of the main opposition party about the Vice-Presidency.

According to sources in Atiku’s camp the former Vice-President, who seems confident about Saturday’s poll, has met with two Governors from the South South, and two ranking Senators from the South East region.

“The former Vice-President is confident that with his ground game, vast political network, war chest and delegate activation, he will be emerging as the presidential candidate of the PDP.

“This is why, stage three of his plan, which is the immediate announcement of a VP once the convention is over has now moved into full gear. We have about 7-months between now and the general election, and we need to moving into full gear,” the source said.

Recall that in October 2018, following the selection of former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, the leadership of the party in the zone had, after the announcement of Obi, summoned an emergency meeting in Enugu, as several South East leaders had been offered the position.
https://leaders.ng/2022/05/27/i-will-only-serve-one-term-atiku-to-s-e-leaders/

3 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by LeoDeKing: 4:35pm On May 27, 2022
Igbos should vote athifku.

For the fact he picked Peter Obi in 2019 as his running mate, it is clear he meant well for igbos.

In addition, athifku has changed his tribe from fulani. His full name is now Mazi Ebuka Mathew Atichukwu.

367 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by chatinent: 4:36pm On May 27, 2022
Athieveku, you no go see even one term. For the fact that you hypocritically condemned the killing of Deborah but later debunked that you didn't due to nothernphobia, you have shown how dangerous you'd be as a president. President my foot!

Since 1999, you've been contesting, even after being the vice. You will fail again.

Na Dubai you go run go again.

PDP is APC.

172 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Happiboispot(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2022
angry I have supported atiku in the past but presently his not the president Nigeria needs right now there's no time for practical we need some one more experience and capable
this man is just too desperate
Make him rest abeg

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by BleedTears: 4:36pm On May 27, 2022
Hahaha this format still dey work?

Only GEJ can say it and do it because the law didn't permit him to run for second term.

Any other person that say it is a liar

366 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by InsideLove(f): 4:36pm On May 27, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by AzuNas: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Alright. . . . . . . Aje

Story story. . . . . . .

Abeg

198 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by planetE(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
one term of massive looting wey go take the nation tens of years to recover from.

foolish old men with selfish ambitions

257 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Felabrity: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
-Same thing Buhari said
- you are like 75
-you have been contesting for president since 1999

Try and rest, nobody cares

274 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by jeff1993: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Lol ..... This man always think s the Easterners odlr Dumbos or what!! .... Everytime he comes out to say this rubbish from his mouth.

If he is sure that is what he would do ... Let him have it in written note and signed infront in the presence of 10 supreme Court Judges and 500 SAN and also infront of Representatives from the AU and U.N.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by tunapawizzy: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
WEYREY DEY DISGUISE....o fe gbe won landicap, politicians will say anything to get the ticket..he can even say he will stay just 2 weeks

217 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Ghostrye: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Lamba
Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by salbis(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
LAMBA!!!!! Na so Buhari talk am. Trust this people at your own peril.

193 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by MideMrPossible: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Atiku is a liar and a coward he is in pain and can never be trusted, he is desperate, will say anything to have votes. Tufiakwa!

Pain has an infinite energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_MFROQ8qIk

143 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Anguldi(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
cheesy
Old format.
Goodluck Jonathan/Osibanjo/Rotimi Ameachi we know

Peter Obi chickened out fast, baba too stingy sha grin

5 Likes

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by rottennaija(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Why even serve in the first place? Why not just forget about it? You get nothing done in 4 years.

175 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by alsudan: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
It’s too late Atiku, you had the chance earlier.

170 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by phemmyjohnson: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Why not 7

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by DMerciful(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Too late Atiku, we move!

Obi movement out of the PDP ruined PDP chance of producing the president!

10 Likes

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Perfectnumber6(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
Na lie
Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Temptee101(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
shocked

Crook

Thunder faya your mouth, your ambition, your 4 years and your fellow demonic polilooters

Never again

197 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by bunmioguns(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by stinggy(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
AuroraB, com see whining cheesy
Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Christane: 4:37pm On May 27, 2022
within dat one term which is 4years he will loot billions of naira ..Nd deposit all in foreign account just as his brother Abacha ... northerners re not to be trusted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 27, 2022
Lol.

Now I know Atiku knows the right ibo mumu button to press. Since Obi Pandora is out of the equation, this is his newest strategy. grin Walahi....Atiku understands ibos are one way traffic set of people. grin

Mehn! Na waooo!

151 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Cholls(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2022

Re: Atiku To South East Leaders: I Will Only Serve One Term by Parisian: 4:38pm On May 27, 2022
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Usman Ododo Sworn-In As Kogi Governor (Video) / IG’s Transmission Video; ‘No Manhunt For Any Journalist’ – Kano Police / A Mathematical Analysis Of The Proposed N5000 Stipends For Unemployed Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.