Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,155 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East (4498 Views)

Russia Captures Ukrainian Villages As Ground Assault Continues / 'Bakhmut Is Down' - Russia Captures Bakhmut City In Ukraine (Photo) / Apple Fire Rages In California, Thousands Evacuated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2022
Pls, can sombori explain to me the reason China wants to invade Taiwan? TenQ, do u know?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by RepoMan007: 4:43pm On May 29, 2022
infofta:
How will China feed it's 1.2 billion people when US and EU start sanction.
China has agriculture and a partner for energy in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by RepoMan007: 4:52pm On May 29, 2022
Tiiitoo:
All bark and no bite. It seems China has been taking advice from Russia, the Russians are deceiving China, trust me on this one America will clap China with dem toys (No contest). But Jokes apart US sees China as its main competitor and this is an opportunity to put the competition behind dem.

I don't know why these countries keep underestimating US, those guys spend about a trillion dollars on its defense annually.

China should take a chill pill, we love China.

A big mistake. What you pay doesn't really determine what you get in military equipment acquisition. There are few trusted manufacturers and that leaves room for monopoly or high prices. The army with most financial discipline will carry the advantage.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by RepoMan007: 4:57pm On May 29, 2022
Creamypie:
u no know u.s. .. At all.ask your dad to tell u just a bit of the wars fought in the past 110 years. Your sec school teachers no teach u history at all. You may be less than 23 yrs
The US we know but China we don't know yet. It is as simple as that. Chinese man has one couple one child policy and virtually everybody there is their father's only child. But America has people from all overghe world and more than one child per couple.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Tiiitoo: 5:29pm On May 29, 2022
RepoMan007:
A big mistake. What you pay doesn't really determine what you get in military equipment acquisition. There are few trusted manufacturers and that leaves room for monopoly or high prices. The army with most financial discipline will carry the advantage.

If I understand you correctly, you're insinuating that effective military spending gives you results, I agree but I don't want to go back n forth with spending might of countries.
So I looked at the important toys these countries possess and believe me, the US dwarfs all these countries in firepower indexes, the US alone has over 70 Nuclear Submarines capable of carrying nuclear warheads scattered in all strategic locations under seas, they have the most strategic and Largest aircraft carriers scattered in continents. Largest Airforce and largest Navy, Millions of troops stationed all across the Globe poised for attack.

Fear these guys.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by RepoMan007: 5:44pm On May 29, 2022
Tiiitoo:

If I understand you correctly, you're insinuating that effective military spending gives you results, I agree but I don't want to go back n forth with spending might of countries.
So I looked at the important toys these countries possess and believe me, the US dwarfs all these countries in firepower indexes, the US alone has over 70 Nuclear Submarines capable of carrying nuclear warheads scattered in all strategic locations under seas, they have the most strategic and Largest aircraft carriers scattered in continents. Largest Airforce and largest Navy, Millions of troops stationed all across the Globe poised for attack.

Fear these guys.
scattering your resources all over the world is a different ball game. China is just one large country and not the entire world. Only US cannot handle the pressure China and Russia will bring upon the world. The saddest part is the war will be fought on Taiwanese soil.

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by AldrichAmes: 6:03pm On May 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Pls, can sombori explain to me the reason China wants to invade Taiwan? TenQ, do u know?

Taiwan and China are one country and even the US/UN see both as one. The only reason why there’s a lot of noise about it is because if it goes back under the control of mainland China - the US believes it will help China project more power in the Pacific and threaten American influence. The people in Taiwan are Han Chinese albeit they have been westernised just like those in Hong Kong.

The issue of mainland China and Taiwan started during WW2 when Chairman Mao’s communist party were at war with Chinese nationalists. The communists won and the nationalists exiled themselves to Taiwan Island. It’s just like Yorubas from Lagos Island and other Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by AldrichAmes: 6:05pm On May 29, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

A 4000 year old country that has been conquered by almost everyone else, the Mongols, the Japanese, even the British sef wanted to colonize them, but they begged Britain to take only Hong Kong and leave the rest for them.... For you to even think about that nonsense, means you don't even know the basics of war. War is won by 4 major things.
1. Money
2. Equipment
3. Logistics
4. Experience
The US surpasses China in every aspect possible! So yes, the Chinese are really scared of America. Why do you think they haven't invaded after years of threats?

Lol at money.

Joke post.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Tiiitoo: 6:20pm On May 29, 2022
RepoMan007:
scattering your resources all over the world is a different ball game. China is just one large country and not the entire world. Only US cannot handle the pressure China and Russia will bring upon the world. The saddest part is the war will be fought on Taiwanese soil.

You're missing the point.
To begin with, China is a bully in the Indo Pacific region, threatening small islands and annexing same just like Russia. You should understand that these Autocratic tendencies of communist ideology is a threat to freedom which must be contained.
I can't imagine a world being led by Russia and China.

In addition, it takes just 2 weeks for US to reinforce from the Mainland when push comes to shove.

Furthermore, nobody wants war, the current world order must be maintained, I remember when the old Japanese empire was invading China during WW11, It was the same United States that came to the rescue of China by dropping the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs effectively marking the end of WW11, if not, China would have been subservient to Japan by now.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Tmberwolf1: 6:55pm On May 29, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Lol at money.

Joke post.
Wait! Don't tell me that you really think China has as much money as America!!!
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by AldrichAmes: 7:11pm On May 29, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Wait! Don't tell me that you really think China has as much money as America!!!

China owns over $1 trillion in US debts and the US has almost $27trillion debt profile.

The US runs on a budget deficit every year and it’s basically just printing dollars whilst accumulating huge debts. The world is basically carrying the US like a welfare lady due to petrodollar. And if that’s taken away - the US will collapse and US dollar would become more worthless than Zimbabwean dollars, lol.

There’s a reason why Russian ruble stays getting stronger daily despite sanctions. Dollar is worthless and petrodollar being the reserve currency are the only thing keeping it afloat.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 7:57pm On May 29, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Taiwan and China are one country and even the US/UN see both as one. The only reason why there’s a lot of noise about it is because if it goes back under the control of mainland China - the US believes it will help China project more power in the Pacific and threaten American influence. The people in Taiwan are Han Chinese albeit they have been westernised just like those in Hong Kong.

The issue of mainland China and Taiwan started during WW2 when Chairman Mao’s communist party were at war with Chinese nationalists. The communists won and the nationalists exiled themselves to Taiwan Island. It’s just like Yorubas from Lagos Island and other Yorubas.
Thanks for the enlightenment. How did China and Taiwan got separated? Or who separated them?
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Tmberwolf1: 8:05pm On May 29, 2022
AldrichAmes:

China owns over $1 trillion in US debts and the US has almost $27trillion debt profile.

The US runs on a budget deficit every year and it’s basically just printing dollars whilst accumulating huge debts. The world is basically carrying the US like a welfare lady due to petrodollar. And if that’s taken away - the US will collapse and US dollar would become more worthless than Zimbabwean dollars, lol.

There’s a reason why Russian ruble stays getting stronger daily despite sanctions. Dollar is worthless and petrodollar being the reserve currency are the only thing keeping it afloat.
Lol... Are you talking about debts? China has the worst debt to gdp ratio. 60% of tge 27 trillion dollars US debt is debt owed to itself... The debt of china is 300% of its GDP. China's GDP per capita is around $10000, America's GDP per capita is about $60000. And US's nominal GDP still surpasses China's by a long shot. US owes debts it can pay, China owes debts it can't pay.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Snitch24(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Shut the f*ck up... China's entire economy is built off US good graces... They'd still be the back water rice farmers had US not decided to open trade with them.... Heck last 3 years ago when the US and China had their trade war, na China see shege for America hand! America can easily pull out it's investments and move them to either India or Africa, but can China China Withstand such heavy losses in investors without shaking? F*CK NO!
Alot of things has changed bro
They're not Africans na only is no dey upgrade
China is a bull run this Russia and Ukraine war make the US loom like over sabi to me

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by AldrichAmes: 9:21pm On May 29, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Lol... Are you talking about debts? China has the worst debt to gdp ratio. 60% of tge 27 trillion dollars US debt is debt owed to itself... The debt of china is 300% of its GDP. China's GDP per capita is around $10000, America's GDP per capita is about $60000. And US's nominal GDP still surpasses China's by a long shot. US owes debts it can pay, China owes debts it can't pay.

Lol, stop lying.

China’s debt profile is 45% of its GDP while US debt profile is 99.3% of its GDP. And with US GDP about to shrink by 5% by the end of this year - it might end up being over 100% of its GDP.

Owed to self means printing money that Americans would have to pay back. So, if the dollar cease to be the global tender - everything would return to the US thus making the dollar worthless due to excessive currency in circulation. China doesn’t have that problem.

China is a manufacturing hub and it’s always gonna be richer and would survive as long as raw materials keep flowing in. And that’s where its pivot in global south and Russia kicks in.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by TenQ: 10:04pm On May 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Taiwan used to be a province of mainland China. During the civil war in 1948 between the Communist party and Nationalist, the communist party won and therefore the nationalist fled to Taiwan,

Taiwan quickly developed technologically while the technological development of China came a little more slowly. Mainland China is Communist while Taiwan is Democratic. Both countries still call themselves CHINA to this day as the war is NOT officially ended (just as that between South and North Korea).

Also, one of the main reason China wants Taiwan is because Taiwan has An Advanced "Electronic Integrated Circuit Technology" which China does not have. Acquisition of Taiwan will make China a true superpower like USA.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by WriterNig: 10:06pm On May 29, 2022
Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2022
TenQ:

Taiwan used to be a province of mainland China. During the civil war in 1948 between the Communist party and Nationalist, the communist party won and therefore the nationalist fled to Taiwan,

Taiwan quickly developed technologically while the technological development of China came a little more slowly. Mainland China is Communist while Taiwan is Democratic. Both countries still call themselves CHINA to this day as the war is NOT officially ended (just as that between South and North Korea).

Also, one of the main reason China wants Taiwan is because Taiwan has "Electronic Integrated Circuit Technology" which China does not have. Acquisition of Taiwan will make China a true superpower like USA.
Thanks for the info and the history. What is the essence of this "Electronic Integrated Circuit Technology" Or what is it meant for?
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by luluosas(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
China again? Where is the world heading please
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by AldrichAmes: 2:18am On May 30, 2022
TenQ:

Also, one of the main reason China wants Taiwan is because Taiwan has "Electronic Integrated Circuit Technology" which China does not have. Acquisition of Taiwan will make China a true superpower like USA.

I don’t think it has anything to do with IC technology. Granted China is a latecomer when it comes to IC tech because it’s cheaper to buy than produce. However, China has made huge strides in the last 20 years to alleviate dependence when it comes to IC and Huawei is currently one of the global leaders in IC tech. There are also other Chinese companies making IC.

Taiwan acts like a buffer between a lot of US bases in the pacific especially Okinawa (Japan), Guam and Philippines. And if Taiwan ever becomes part of China - the US bases would be directly exposed to Chinese navy and China can also project power in the pacific from there. It’s basically like how Russia needed to take Crimea back to have control over Sea of Azov.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Geminiboi: 6:04am On May 30, 2022
China will take Taiwan easily. I said it here first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by TenQ: 6:17am On May 30, 2022
AldrichAmes:

I don’t think it has anything to do with IC technology. Granted China is a latecomer when it comes to IC tech because it’s cheaper to buy than produce. However, China has made huge strides in the last 20 years to alleviate dependence when it comes to IC and Huawei is currently one of the global leaders in IC tech. There are also other Chinese companies making IC.

Taiwan acts like a buffer between a lot of US bases in the pacific especially Okinawa (Japan), Guam and Philippines. And if Taiwan ever becomes part of China - the US bases would be directly exposed to Chinese navy and China can also project power in the pacific from there. It’s basically like how Russia needed to take Crimea back to have control over Sea of Azov.
I agree with you that China is also coming up with respect to IC Chip technologies, however
As of 2021, only three firms are able to manufacture the most advanced semiconductors: TSMC of Taiwan, Samsung of South Korea, and Intel of the United States.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiconductor_industry

This would be a big plus to Mainland China. Coupled with the fact that mainland China is far much richer and has the military might to attempt incorporating Taiwan permanently into China.

Thanks for reminding me about Huawei's stride in IC tech. China isn't exactly backward in this technology unlike Russia.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by TenQ: 6:20am On May 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
Thanks for the info and the history. What is the essence of this "Electronic Integrated Circuit Technology" Or what is it meant for?
Making of Advanced Computer and Advanced AI electronics. Whoever has this technology can design bespoke electronic solutions that would almost impossible to reverse engineer (in event it is used on the battlefield and it falls into enemy hands).

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2022
TenQ:

Making of Advanced Computer and Advanced AI electronics. Whoever has this technology can design bespoke electronic solutions that would almost impossible to reverse engineer (in event it is used on the battlefield and it falls into enemy hands).
I may not understand this Technology stuff because i am not an engineer Student. I guess it must be of something of great value. Thanks. If China successfully invade Taiwan, what would be their achievement(s)?
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by TenQ: 7:16pm On May 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
I may not understand this Technology stuff because i am not an engineer Student. I guess it must be of something of great value. Thanks. If China successfully invade Taiwan, what would be their achievement(s)?
Mainland China had always claimed Taiwan and that would be an achievement for them. It will also limit the influence of USA (through Taiwan) so close to China.
Of course, China will upgrade their electronic industry with the acquisition.

Taiwan will not want a Communist kind of government because they have enjoyed democratic freedom for so long. Taiwan also see themselves as the real Chinese nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2022
TenQ:

Mainland China had always claimed Taiwan and that would be an achievement for them. It will also limit the influence of USA (through Taiwan) so close to China.
Of course, China will upgrade their electronic industry with the acquisition.

Taiwan will not want a Communist kind of government because they have enjoyed democratic freedom for so long. Taiwan also see themselves as the real Chinese nation.
That it's to say, China wants to invade them, defeat them, overthrow their govt, rule over them and make them part of China.
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by TenQ: 9:04pm On May 30, 2022
Truvelisback:
That it's to say, China wants to invade them, defeat them, overthrow their govt, rule over them and make them part of China.
Yes!
China want Taiwan to be under the Chinese Communist government rule.

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Truvelisback(m): 9:05pm On May 30, 2022
TenQ:

Yes!
China want Taiwan to be under the Chinese Communist government rule.
Thanks, it's now clear to me.

1 Like

Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by WriterNig: 9:18pm On May 30, 2022
°°°°°°°
Re: Russia Captures 3 More Territories In Ukraine As Fierce Battle Rages In The East by Geminiboi: 4:13pm On May 31, 2022
Russia have captured several key cities in the donbass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Ukrainian Soldier Take On Seven Russian Amored Tanks (photo) / North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success / South Africans Killing Somalis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.