Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,680 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda (20582 Views)

2023 Presidency: SWAGA Says No To APC Consensus Candidacy / Unity List: Consensus Candidacy Threatens APC February 26 Convention / Elections Debate Group Is APC Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by IamV: 9:33am On May 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by MikoB: 9:33am On May 30, 2022
As it is, the only sure aspirant in the apc that will beat Atiku in the apc is Osinbajo, reason been that PYO is the only aspirant that is acceptable in all the six geo political zones in the country, you will be amazed that Osinbajo has more support in the middle belt more than any support he enjoys in his region of South West, also the work he has put in for many months have began to manifest, his candidate won in benue, oyo and adamawa for the governorship to the surprise of many, but people that follow him were not surprised anyway. As for the primary coming up, Osinbajo is going to win, because the party knows he is the only that can guarantee victory, let me talk a little bit about other aspirants, and their weaknesses, Asiwaju no doubt is a big politician any day any time, but he miscalculated, he was hoping on southern candidates for both apc and pdp base on the clamour at that time, so he did not bother himself to allign much with the SS and SE also with the Christian communities of the Middle belt, his calculation was that once pdp gives her ticket to either a ss or se person, he will surely have an upper hand in his region of sw and also do very well in the nw and ne, which normally would have guaranteed victory for him but with Atiku as the pdp candidate now, Tinubu wil need new strategy.

Ahmed lawan candidacy wil not fly, because Buhari is about to finish his two term regime under apc, it is impossible for apc to give another northerner her ticket, also Lawan cannot defeat Atiku, one, because they are from the same region of NE and everyone knows Atiku is stronger than him in the NE, Atiku and Kwankwaso will do very well too in the NW, the NC wil be divided among the aspirants, so coming to the south, he will not do well at all no matter whom he picks as his running mate, I trust the south westerners they will not vote for him, the south east has Obi and the south south will be shared depending on whom Atiku picks as his running mate, so lawan will not fly.

Amaechi is another candidate that might do well if given the ticket but his problem is that he has no political base at home and his region, but if he has the support of the president he might be able to put up some fight, but that does not guarantee a victory against Atiku.

with due respect to all other aspirants I did not mention their names, even if Buhari endorses them and they pick up the ticket for the apc, they will not be able to defeat Atiku.

Osinbajo is the only candidate, that will win very well in SW, and also likely win the SS and not do badly in the SE, he will win in the North Central, he will not do badly in the North East because of some Christian population there, he will not do badly in the North West because apc controls most states there and also because if Buhari, so in all, Osinbajo will likely win 4 regions, either will like it or not, religion and ethinicty still play a big part in our politics in nigeria, and I guess these are going to be of advantage to Osinbajo, no wonder he is a movement in the cbhtistain dominated states of plateau, benue, Taraba etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Samunique(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2022
grin
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Nonexisting: 9:35am On May 30, 2022
Afonja, after this long talk, you go and sit down because everybody already knows you're in Tinubu's payroll.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by sucess001(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2022
I think Benzema should win the Ballon Dor. He has done enough to win it.

Not even a nonsense radio like Bush Radio CEO can tell me otherwise
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by akins088(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2022
Amaechi against Tinubu or Atiku? If you can see well, no other candidate can pull a real contest against Atiku.
SageTravels:
Amechi is a better option
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by deeva2: 9:37am On May 30, 2022
APC wont make that expensive mistake and error by imposing Jona on other APC candidates.. Even Atiku is afraid of Tinubu because is the only APC candidates that can tackle him.. Lawal has no political roots to face Atiku.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by EMAXIM(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2022
Okay
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by mistijude: 9:39am On May 30, 2022
Wadada001:
Good day Nairalanders my name is Ikechuku. I g0t an admission into a federal university in the southwest. Pls I beg you to help me with anyway y0u can to pay my fees. I've paid some of the fees and the money left with me is not enough to complete my fees. I have receipts of fees paid and evidence that I'm not lying.
Pls this is my m0m's acc number as I don't have access to my acc0unt as my phone was stolen and I've not retreived my lines.

Ten

Eleven

Bridget Onuwabuchi

Ecobank

And my number is zero seven zero 40 eight three 94 nine seven.

Thank you so much.Which school pays school fees in this ASUU strike?
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Frank150: 9:40am On May 30, 2022
In Nigeria elections don't hold but selection

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by MartinsD12(m): 9:41am On May 30, 2022
oikirodah:

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/expensive-shit-jonathans-consensus-candidacy-and-tinubus-popularity-tops-apc-agenda-ahead-of-screening/
All I know is tinubu or any south west is not getting the ticket especially now that PDP is going north , mark my word it will be difficult for apc to go south, had it been PDP went for wike I can say yes they will use Jonathan against him but right now apc is thinking north and if this happens it will confirm the fact that Nigeria is not for everyone, Nigeria is for the North because if apc definitely go north just know the north has succeeded in ruling Nigeria first time in history for completely 16 years which goes to the slogan that north are born to rule, this is a very bad development, southerners are not even united everyone is coming out for presidency, mark my word apc candidate will come from north
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by jaxxy(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2022
Tinubu isn't even a discussion for the Apc candidate. He has been rejected since.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by DopeChick(m): 9:44am On May 30, 2022
Uncle Jona and Tinubu are not helping the ministry of the South at all but there's God.

Where Is Patience Jonathan?- By Lasisi Olagunju

https://dopereporters.com/where-is-patience-jonathan-by-lasisi-olagunju/

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:47am On May 30, 2022
CocaineLord:
Nigerians deserve to suffer

Infact it is my wish to see nigerians suffer more this coming years

How can we still be talking of voting the likes of Clueless and corrupt Jonathan, A drug sniffing, premiumly corrupt Tinubu,An occultic and uniquely corrupt gay like Atiku and a Conman like Osinbajo.

Peter obi is the best choice and I ain't even Igbo but let's give someone from the Southeast a chance at the presidency

This is why a southeast presidency can only be fair to the igbos

1. Igbos are the minority,if they fvck up,they can be easily removed from power

2. We've never had a president from the Southeast

3. They are great at business and someone who's done well in business can do well as a leader

Why your papa or mama no enter the race, or are they not Nigerians?

Peter Obi your black yansh, nonsense Ipobian.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by sonature1: 9:50am On May 30, 2022
These people should stop all this media frenzy about Jonathan because he's not even in this race.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:50am On May 30, 2022
MrTed:
Please let this video go viral as our campaign theme jingle for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President in 2023. The song was written, created and composed by Mr Teddy Ibrahim Aliyu, founder, initiator and convener of JOB2023 dot org(site under construction). The organisation is championing the cause for the actualization of Senator Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for President in 2023.

https://www.youtubcom/watch?v=iVBgbQ_vQ6w&feature=youtu.be

Here is the mp3 link for download
https://soundcloucom/teddy-ibrahim-aliyu/mr-teddy-tinubu-prod-by?ref=clipboard&p=a&c=1&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Nonsense stupid theme, for a crooked thief, Burna Boy should hold you Criminal & Swaga for copyright violation.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by CocaineLord(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Why your papa or mama no enter the race, or are they not Nigerians?

My parents haven't stepped foot into Nigeria in the last 19 years

Na the average nigerians like you I pity

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Amayabor1: 9:52am On May 30, 2022
Useless piece with no point. So what are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:53am On May 30, 2022
CocaineLord:

My parents haven't stepped foot into Nigeria in the last 19 years

Na the average nigerians like you I pity

Let them be washing toilet in Europe, or sweeping the streets, please keep out of Nigeria’s business, nonsense Oyibo slave.

Dr Maduka that contested Anambra Governorship election, is he not based in Texas, Obiano former Governor is he not based in Dallas, did that stop them from not contesting elections in Nigeria?

Nonsense my parents have been in obodo oyibo for 19 years?
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by ButterBurger: 9:54am On May 30, 2022
Tinubu supporter's news, just to make Osinbajo irrelevant.
Na lie, the vice president is the next president and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Ndubest123(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2022
Writing trash and nonsense as usual
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by CocaineLord(m): 9:57am On May 30, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Let them be washing toilet in Europe, or sweeping the streets, please keep out of Nigeria’s business, nonsense Oyibo slave.

You know nothing,Jon snow

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by jericco1(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2022
Seun what is wrong with your platform?
Spammers and scammers have taken over this platform

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Osulaalu: 10:00am On May 30, 2022
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 10:00am On May 30, 2022
CocaineLord:

You be mumu
You think that it is everyone that admires people suffering in Europe or the United States?

19 years they no fit save money buy discount cheap Expedia ticket, take enter Naija for 2 weeks?

Guy we have been there done that, Nigeria belongs to all of us, it is now time to get our piece of the pie like the Jeffersons.
Re: Jonathan’s Consensus Candidacy And Tinubu’s Popularity Tops APC Agenda by CharleyBright(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2022
Nope. I don't totally agree with the writer.
Firstly and perhaps importantly too, Jonathan is NEVER going to contest 2023 under APC or any other party. He has said so over and over again. He knows the implication if he decides to contest that he will have to bear the burden of trust deficit attached to him going contrary to his claim.
And besides Jonathan is presently deeply involved in many International ambassadorial engagements that countries and organisations are according him that is giving him more fame and credits than being a controversial Nigerian President. He will chose to remain where he is having peace of mind and getting accolades than getting muddled in dirty Nigerian Politics again.

Secondly, Tinubu can NEVER get APC ticket. The odds are high against him. He is a Southern Muslim and will be required to pick a Northern Christian VP.
He can't fly a Muslim Muslim ticket, neither will the Northern Muslim cabals be willing to hand over power to him and see him pick a Northern Christian VP.
Now what choice would Tinubu have? Pick a Northern Muslim VP, and try to fly a Muslim- Muslim ticket? That will be Dead on Arrival for APC.
Or will he try to pick a Northern Christian VP and damn the Northern Muslims?
The Northern Muslim cabals knows he will likely chose the 2nd option. So they are already waiting and ready to ensure he doesn't get the APC ticket.
Let's not forget that the cabals knows Tinubu is old,frail and possibly sick and also have corruption issues and these are factors most Nigerians are rejecting his candidacy.

Now in my view, what will likely play out is this:
Atiku has already picked PDP ticket - meaning a North has a candidate.
APC will very likely allow a Southern to win ( so it won't look like the North is automatically having another 8yrs automatically with APC and PDP having northern candidates).
And if APC fields a Southern candidate, it might have to be a South West person to compensate the Yorubas for their support to Buhari. The Igbos have not contributed much in APC to be given the ticket so I strongly doubt they will get it. So it will likely be South West.
And the South West candidate is definitely not going to be Tinubu. Rather it will be Yemi Osibanjo.
Reason being that, he has been in this government, and he did well when he governed a few times Buhari was away. And most importantly, he was accepted by Nigerians whenever he was at helm of affairs.
For me, Yemi Osibanjo will clinch the APC ticket otherwise, they will throw it at Amaechi so that all man go rest. Though Amaechi won't make a good choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia House Of Assembly Seats: PDP 11, LP 9, YPP 2, APC 1. 1 Inconclusive / Precious Chikwendu Shuts Down Reconciliation Rumours With Fani-Kayode / Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.