Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos (20530 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Recover A Jeep Loaded With Bomb In Maiduguri / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News: 2 Boko Haram Members Caught Planting Bomb At A Catholic C / Boko Haram Killed By Their Bomb In Kaduna. See Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by mukina2: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2012
A 35 year old man was caught while trying to plant a bomb at an Islamic School in Bukuru, Jos South local government area of Plateau State.

The police moved in immediately to detonate the bomb.

The police also defused another bomb planted in Congo Russia, central area of Jos city.

That brings to six the numbers of bombs planted at different locations in Jos and Riyom in the last thirty days. Besides, about three bomb factories have been discovered and detonated in Jos so far. In spite of that bombs are been discovered in Jos streets now and then.

Members of the community who got hold of the suspect in Bukuru alleged that there were five of them that went to the scene to plant the bomb but were able to grab one of them, while the other four escaped.

The source said, “We were vigilant because we heard rumour of that attacks were been plotted against this community, so at about 10pm Friday night, we saw people strange to us and we monitored their activities. We later discovered they were about planting an object, so we went after them and we were able to grab one which we handed over to security agencies”

At Congo Russia area of Jos North local government another explosion was averted following the discovery of an improvised explosive devise (IEDS) planted in the neighbourhood by suspected terrorist gang.

The Plateau State Police Command in a statement by the Public Relations Officer, DSP Abu Emmanuel, said at about 11pm on Thursday, there was a distress call from the Divisional Police Officer of Nassarawa Gwom about a strange container suspected to be a bomb planted in the area.

“We moved swiftly to the scene to discover it was a bomb and we immediately defused it.

The statement added that Commissioner of police in the state,

Dipo Ayeni appreciates and is highly delighted with the manner members of the public reacted to the incident and for notifying the police and called on them to sustain the tempo.

He advised members to report any suspicious movement of criminal elements to security agencies with a view to nip in the bud the criminal activities of terrorist gangs in the state.

The police said, “Yes we are in custody of the suspect who was found allegedly planting bomb in Bukuru, we cannot disclose his name now, we are investigating the matter to know his level of involvement in the crime, so we assumed he is innocent for now”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/53098-man-caught-%E2%80%98planting%E2%80%99-bomb-in-jos.html
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2012
how come bombs planted at mosques and islamic schools are always discovered?

42 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Ganys: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka: how come bombs planted at mosques and islamic schools are always discovered?
Because they are more vigilant & not a noise maker like you

23 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Odunnu: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2012
torkaka: how come bombs planted at mosques and islamic schools are always discovered?
Exact question I was going to ask.

4 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Lordave: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2012
And so?
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2012
crisis averted.
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by amosy007: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2012
the thing tire me o

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2012

because while pastors and priests are busy collecting tithe and swindling money from church goers, the imams and islamic cleric are meditating in prayers and are always vigilant and observant of intruders.

25 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2012
Bombs planted in churches and university aint discovered but those planted in anything islam is discovered. Hmmmmmm. I smell compromise

8 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by chuks49(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2012

Dogs don't eat dog.

13 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by freecocoa(f): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2012
Discovered indeed.

Una think say una dey deceive us,mtscheew.

4 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by sanimusagarba: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2012
b'cos islam is a religion of peace and a tru religion

6 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2012
991:

because while pastors and priests are busy collecting tithe and swindling money from church goers, the imams and islamic cleric are meditating in prayers and are always vigilant and observant of intruders.

best true answer!

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Bastiger(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2012

i just wonder
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by ibide(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2012
May be the should us danamint to blow them off
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by sexysunnyb(m): 9:52am On Jul 08, 2012
they plant the bomb and discovered it themself, heheh this people don turn Actors but there own no be Nollywood it is Bokowood

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by emmyitodo: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2012
thank God another blood letting has been averted.

lets wait for the name of the supose culprit before some fanatics will resolve to mudslinging. we all have a common enemy and we all need to fight disunity where ever it sprung no matter the guise or vehicle that propagates it.

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by powerfrank(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2012
gboss4sure: Bombs planted in churches and university aint discovered but those planted in anything islam is discovered. Hmmmmmm. I smell compromise
the thing tier me ooo
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Neoviper147: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2012
God Bless you for this statement. How come when a bomb is planted on a mosque or any islamic organisation is always and always discovered??

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by adonisyung(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Cooked up story.......next plz

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by EMPERORZIMUS: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Aboki sense na 2kb.filled wt rubbish aw person wt im correct sense go plant bomb so dat u go catch am ... Nonsense mtcheee

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Neoviper147: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2012
sani musa garba: b'cos islam is a religion of peace and a tru religion

May thunder blast you.

18 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by sheyguy: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2012
991:

Ur comment here is very mean, is it the imams themselves that is always foiling the terrorist plot? Or since when has collection of tithe and offering by pastors make the average church goer not to be vililant again? Honestly, ur post reeks with foolishness and stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by beloved23: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2012
Neoviper147:
God Bless you for this statement. How come when a bomb is planted on a mosque or any islamic organisation is always and always discovered??
i wonder ooo
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Mandelaguy(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2012
This is what everyone has been told to do up north. If the community should help the government,the terrorist activities in the north will become a thing of the past. Security is a collective patriotic responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by freecocoa(f): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2012
Neoviper147:

May thunder blast you.
Iseeee

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2012
I HEARD THAT EMIR OF KANO ALH ADO BAYERO HAS DIED
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2012
I HEARD THAT EMIR OF KANO ALH ADO BAYERO HAS DIEDCAN U CONFIRMED IT PLS?
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by carluva(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by noiseless: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2012
Very soon they 'll give a fake name like john or isaac voila! MALAM HELL RUFIRE 'll dive in and take it from there.
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by carluva(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Man Caught Planting A Bomb In Jos by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2012
Pls where do I click to open my emails on nairaland?I can't see any icon for that!!"Angry"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Am Not Interested In Legality Of Operation Python Dance - Lai Mohammed / Boss Mustapha Visits Femi Adesina (Photos) / Governor Ganduje Empowers Residents With Eggs, Noodles & Beverages (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.