Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP (15821 Views)

Peter Obi, Wike Meetings: You Shouldn’t Sleep Well – Ohuabunwa Tells Atiku / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith / Buhari: "Osinbajo's VP Position Threatened" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:25am On May 30, 2022
Sam Ohuabunwa, one of the contenders at the just concluded Peoples Democratic Party primary said he is willing to accept any offer to be Atiku Abubakar’s vice in the forthcoming 2023 general election.

The businessman revealed on Monday that he is willing to serve the country in any capacity when the opportunity arises.

Ohubunwa’s dream to be PDP’s candidate to run against the All Progressives Congress and other political parties was dashed at the primaries that saw him secure the least vote on Saturday.

Atiku, Nigeria’s ex- VP secured the highest vote of 371, Rivers State Governor Nyeson Wike was second with 237, Bukola Saraki the former Senate President secured 70, while Udom Emmanuel who is the Akwa Ibom State Governor got 38 votes.

Bala Muhammed, Bauch State Governor secured 20 votes, while Anyim Pius Anyim and Ohuabunwa got 14 votes and one vote respectively.

Both candidates who secured the least votes are from the South Eastern Nigeria, a region clamouring to hold the top position for the first time since 1999.

But losing the primary has left the pharmacist and founder of Neimeth Pharmaceutical to scramble for the VP Post.

Ohuabunwa said, “The issue is that as I said in 2019, there is nothing new, it is the same system. We cannot pretend that it is just a new development,” he told Channels TV.

He added, “But the issue is that I have a heart to serve Nigeria willing to make the sacrifice and whatsoever opportunity presents, I will certainly consider it. It is not about me; it is about redeeming this country. It is about creating future for my children and grandchildren. It is about uniting it and making us energetic as a globally competitive nation that will be at peace with itself and respected.

“So, whatever role that God grants me to advance that vision, I will gladly take.”

He decried that delegate who voted were motivated by “the effect of money. So, whenever you see the votes coming you will see that it is skewed towards that direction.”

According to him, it was difficult for the delegates who voted to see money and ignore it particularly as it was substantial.

He explained that PDP primaries has always tilted towards the same pattern.

Although Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, said that it will not back Atiku’s candidature over the South East presidential agenda, Ohuabunwa said the party needs to compensate the region for the sake of equity and justice.

https://thewhistler.ng/compensate-south-east-with-vp-position-ohuabunwa-tells-pdp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by SlurUsername1: 11:27am On May 30, 2022
lol.... no more southeast presidency or Nothing

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by helinues: 11:27am On May 30, 2022
Ko Le werk.

Vote apathy is inevitable in SE in the next year election. Giving SE the VP ticket is a waste of opportunity of winning the election

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by helinues: 11:28am On May 30, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

When confusion is like peak milk

grin

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by successmatters(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2022
We no send you message Ohuabunwa, you're on your own.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by duro4chang(m): 12:06pm On May 30, 2022
You are still begin for VP post ! Na wa o.

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2022
No wander Wike said some people are contesting to become VP

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Akponmfet: 12:28pm On May 30, 2022
Perpetual beggars grin grin grin
Una no de shame?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by shigishege: 12:29pm On May 30, 2022
No be only compensation na compounsation. Why is it that these people don't know anything in politics than to beg. Na by force they do politics??

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Idiko1: 12:40pm On May 30, 2022
Ohuabunwa, has it occurred to you that south-east may not participate in 2023 Nigerians presidential election?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by OfoIgbo: 12:42pm On May 30, 2022
The plan is sailing smoothly.

If the SE doesn't get it, let the NE get it.
With the withdrawal of GEJ, Igbos will only support a SE or NE presidential bid.

Atiku should get into serious negotiations with Peter Obi's Labour party, and hopefully try and secure an alliance that will result in Peter Obi getting the VP slot

I don't mind if the person is from the SS. I have just heard names like Okowa and Udom bandied about.

I even prefer those individuals to Peter Obi. I even only mentioned Peter Obi as I imagined their long-standing relationship could turn into a VP offer for Obi.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Mumusaphire: 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
That's certainly na
Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Built2last: 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
ok
Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by onuman: 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
Tufiakwa. You are on your own, Ohuabunwa.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by asobo1: 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Ohislee(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
Any Northerner coming out for presidency, should start and end his campaign in the North.

My prayer right now is for a Northerner to win the APC ticket also.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Klington: 12:49pm On May 30, 2022
Even if that happens, no reasonable South easterner will ever vote for PDP or APC.

Nothing good will ever come out of these two money bags corruption infested parties.

On Peter Obi mandate i stand

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by DamianX: 12:49pm On May 30, 2022
Easterners howfa now. How una wan take do this 1 because ee be like una don Dy beg o.
From ohaneze to this 1 and the funniest thing is you guys seat and just talk instead of making the movement like others.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by anonymuz(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2022
Akponmfet:
Perpetual beggars grin grin grin
Una no de shame?
you are being sentimental. You are probably from the coward set of people. Quote me..I'm ready.
I'm not from the East.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Maxymilliano(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by princdebola201(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2022
OfoIgbo:
The plan is sailing smoothly.

If the SE doesn't get it, let the NE get it.
With the withdrawal of GEJ, Igbos will only support a SE or NE presidential bid.

Atiku should get into serious negotiations with Peter Obi's Labour party, and hopefully try and secure an alliance that will result in Peter Obi getting the VP slot
Atiku a serial loser doesnt stand a chance in 2023

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by Aboguede(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2022
As the king of Anambra YES grin

There is nothing wrong with the Vice President position for South East.

After all aso rock na aso rock grin

Meanwhile peter Obi may be able to win the Presidency with his third leg shocked

Anything to stop tinubu's so called life ambition shocked
Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by salbis(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
Peter Obi is our next President.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by dplordx(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
Monday: we want Biafra from Fulani oppressor
Tuesday: Obi for President
Wednesday: Referendum
Thursday: Death to Fulani
Friday: Vote for Atiku the Fulani he will use Ibo as vice
Saturday: No Election in the East
Sunday: Tinubu is our greatest problem

Ibos, which way. Wetin u really want?

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by APCnaPDP: 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
To be honest, they deserve it. It would be very wrong to pick a VP somewhere else.
Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by kcdendelo: 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
This man should shut his mouth up.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP by deji17: 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
These people are very shameless indeed. Lack direction and focus.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: God Has Sent APC Packing – Primate Ayodele / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW / Ozo Nwabueze Okafor Is Dead (APGA Acting National Chairman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.